What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (3 Viewers)

I wonder if people would feel threatened if they had visitors on their law waving a bat in their face as they approached them, this person who you would not consider a friend, you have nothing to worry about because the law states that people are not allowed to hit others with bats. What do you have to worry about? Laws protect us from getting hit with bats. Will never happen.

Has any person ever got hit with a bat? Law protects you from that, so it could never happen, right?

Just because you are not allowed to use it or its never happened does not mean someone will.

Did anyone ever think a tennis player would be stabbed while on the bench between sets?

Stop with the it will never happen and trying to act like you are the police of what can threaten someone and what can not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if people would feel threatened if they had visitors on their law waving a bat in their face as they approached them, this person who you would not consider a friend, you have nothing to worry about because the law states that people are not allowed to hit others with bats. What do you have to worry about? Laws protect us from getting hit with bats. Will never happen.

Has any person ever got hit with a bat? Law protects you from that, so it could never happen, right?

Just because you are not allowed to use it or its never happened does not mean someone will.

Did anyone ever think a tennis player would be stabbed while on the bench between sets?

Stop with the it will never happen and trying to act like you are the police of what can threaten someone and what can not.
You are right. OBJ was justified in his behavior. Now lets move on with our lives.

MaxThreshold said:
parasaurolophus said:
Jed said:
How come nobody is up in arms about Cody Wallace?
Probably because he wasn't trying to pick a fight on 75% of the snaps he was in. I already called his hit out as dirty pretty early on. I think he should be suspended. But I dont think he should be punished as much as ODB or Norman. Jesus christ what is so hard to understand here? I have never seen anything like it in sports. Ever.

I have seen fights in baseball, I have seen fights in hockey, I have seen dirty plays, I have seen pitchers hit batters, etc etc. I have never seen two players try and do that kind of behavior on almost every play of a game. Never. I would love to hear of a similar game so I could compare, but I dont think there is one. There have been uglier single events. Mcsorley comes to mind, but honestly the only difference there is Norman wasn't seriously injured. That is possibly just a measure of luck. Intent was the same.

Even if people dont care about wallace it does not change how much of a POS ODB is.
I don't get the hate against ODB. Does he owe you money? Sleep with your sister?
I tend to not like people that act the way he did. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The whole "its football" excuse and he is "passionate" etc. doesn't carry any weight with me. Could definitely buy those excuses if it was once or twice in a game. Or once or twice in a season.

What happened sunday was just incredible. It really showed what poor character he has. I don't condone fighting, but realize sometimes it will happen when tempers flare heat of the moment. If your temper flares even after sitting on the bench for a bit, after being in the locker room, and when you are hurting your team, you have a problem. When you let that temper force you to sneak up on somebody and try to seriously injure them, you have a character flaw.

How could you honestly think otherwise? You obviously were not watching that game. If you were and think there is nothing extraordinary about his behavior, you are cut from the same cloth.

I like to relate this incident to one time during one of our high school basketball games we were a mostly black team. I was one of the few white guys playing on the team and we went to an away game at all white high school. pregame during warm ups we were called s and lovers.and had coins thrown at us from the fans in the stands. I'm sure we would have been justified to just start fighting but no we kept our cool and we kick their ###.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen

I like to relate this incident to one time during one of our high school basketball games we were a mostly black team. I was one of the few white guys playing on the team and we went to an away game at all white high school. pregame during warm ups we were called ######s and ###### lovers.and had coins thrown at us from the fans in the stands. I'm sure we would have been justified to just start fighting but no we kept our cool and we kick their ###.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
You were the heady point guard that played good defense and shot free throws well, weren't ya?

I like to relate this incident to one time during one of our high school basketball games we were a mostly black team. I was one of the few white guys playing on the team and we went to an away game at all white high school. pregame during warm ups we were called ######s and ###### lovers.and had coins thrown at us from the fans in the stands. I'm sure we would have been justified to just start fighting but no we kept our cool and we kick their ###.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
No, not exactly the same. Basketball you are not allowed to breathe on the person, football is a contact sport.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
No, not exactly the same. Basketball you are not allowed to breathe on the person, football is a contact sport.
Lord have ####### mercy

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
I wonder if people would feel threatened if they had visitors on their driveway playing basketball and as they approached them, this person who you would not consider a friend, you have nothing to worry about because the law states that people are allowed to play basketball. What do you have to worry about? Laws protect us from basketball marauders. Will never happen.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
No, you wouldnt have been.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
Lord have ####### mercy
dirtyjay needs to go watch Concussion when it comes out. He's still having trouble understanding what Beckham did wrong. Maybe he's been hit in the head a few times himself.

It's exactly the same!

That did actually happen
You were the heady point guard that played good defense and shot free throws well, weren't ya?
You know it. Also played #2.On occasion #4 in zone. I'm short but could box out like a mofo :lol:

I don't get the demonizing of Beckham here at all. I also dont get why he is suspended and Norman is not. Beckham isn't fighting with himself out there. The refs #### the bed in that game (a normal occurrence) and should have never let it get that out of control. Both players should have been ejected from the game and fined and equal amount, no suspensions.

dirtyjay needs to go watch Concussion when it comes out. He's still having trouble understanding what Beckham did wrong. Maybe he's been hit in the head a few times himself.
speaking of which, why hasn't Cody Wallace been suspended for making the same helmet-to-helmet hit after a play Sunday?
Asked and answered. It is pretty simple.
when and where? it's a 62-page thread so I may have missed it.

I don't get the demonizing of Beckham here at all. I also dont get why he is suspended and Norman is not. Beckham isn't fighting with himself out there. The refs #### the bed in that game (a normal occurrence) and should have never let it get that out of control. Both players should have been ejected from the game and fined and equal amount, no suspensions.
Beckham should have got 2 games. Norman 1. Both were awful. Beckham was worse.

speaking of which, why hasn't Cody Wallace been suspended for making the same helmet-to-helmet hit after a play Sunday?
It was on the last page.

I will ask you this...Did you watch the game?

Beckham should have got 2 games. Norman 1. Both were awful. Beckham was worse.
I'm not sure if it played a role, but Norman has had 2 significant concussions in the last 15 months.

Because Wallace wasn't in a game-long fight with that guy and trying to purposely injure him. He didn't as already have two personal fouls. It still should be fine-able, perhaps. But an entirely different circumstance.

In college football it's called targeting and an automatic ejection.

If the NFL doesn't suspend and he pulls the same crap next week and concusses someone, the NFL opens itself up for a lawsuit for not protecting the players.

If the NFL doesn't suspend and he pulls the same crap next week and concusses someone, the NFL opens itself up for a lawsuit for not protecting the players.
Ejection from the game in which the incident happens makes more sense to me.

From the NCAA rules...

A new football rule going into effect this season requires that players who target and contact defenseless opponents above the shoulders will be ejected. The change increases the on-field penalty for targeting by adding the automatic ejection to the existing 15-yard penalty.

The rule, passed by the Football Rules Committee in February and approved by the Playing Rules Oversight Panel in March, addresses the committee’s concern about player safety by taking more measures to remove targeting, or above the shoulder hits on defenseless players, out of the game.

The rule in football means that discipline for players flagged for violations will mirror the penalty for fighting. If the foul occurs in the first half of a game, the player is ejected for the remainder of the game. If the foul occurs in the second half or overtime of a game, the player is ejected for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next contest.

In an effort to address concerns when one of these plays is erroneously called on the field, the ejection portion of the penalty will be reviewable through video replay. The replay official must have conclusive evidence that a player should not be ejected to overturn the call on the field.

Both players should have been ejected early. They weren't though. Kind of stupid to argue because punishment wasn't done immediately that they should escape it completely.

So what are the chances his suspension is over turned and he actually doesnt get suspended at all......
I'd say about 1%. The Concussion movie is coming out this week, which tells the world that the league didn't care about brain injuries for years. The league has created rules recently for the sole reason of trying to give the impression that head injuries are their biggest concern. There is no way that a deliberate attempt to spear a guy in the head will go unpunished.

I see where you are coming from Junior but I also look at it the other way. NY is obviously a huge market and this game means everything for the Giants season. If they lose, I believe, correct me if im wrong, they are out of playoff contention. Taking away the best player on NYG is almost saying we dont care if you dont make playoffs and I think the League always wants them in. I dont think they want to be the reason for them getting knocked out of playoffs and ODB doesnt have a history of suspensions or flagrants. I hope you are right but I could see how the league could justify just fining him.

I see where you are coming from Junior but I also look at it the other way. NY is obviously a huge market and this game means everything for the Giants season. If they lose, I believe, correct me if im wrong, they are out of playoff contention. Taking away the best player on NYG is almost saying we dont care if you dont make playoffs and I think the League always wants them in. I dont think they want to be the reason for them getting knocked out of playoffs and ODB doesnt have a history of suspensions or flagrants. I hope you are right but I could see how the league could justify just fining him.
The league has already suspended him, do you believe that James Thrash will overturn the suspension because he wants the Giants to make the playoffs? A Giants team that is 6-8 with him.

Makes no difference if they have suspended him already..hence the appeal. Are you saying that suspensions are never over turned? And yes...I do believe the League takes this stuff into consideration as "a business"......and having NY being a huge market. Im not saying they will..im saying I wouldnt be surprised if they did.....and it being the NYG could be a reason....

the league cares zero percent about that. The Deflategate scandal should have proven that. No bigger marquis player than Tom Brady and the league wanted him out for four games. The brain injury issue is the biggest threat the league has. He'd have had a better chance if he tried to blow his knee out.

So what are the chances his suspension is over turned and he actually doesnt get suspended at all......
I have ODB and I doubt it gets overturned. I think the only way he plays is if he files suit in Federal Court like Brady which would effectively stop the suspension.

However, I don't see that happening either.

Makes no difference if they have suspended him already..hence the appeal. Are you saying that suspensions are never over turned? And yes...I do believe the League takes this stuff into consideration as "a business"......and having NY being a huge market. Im not saying they will..im saying I wouldnt be surprised if they did.....and it being the NYG could be a reason....
It does make a difference to your point.. You are saying the NFL wouldn't suspend him because he plays on the Giants, yet they already did. James Thrash, an indepenedent arbitrator selected by both NFL & Players Assoc will determine if the suspension is upheld or over turned.

You really believe that James Thrash (career Eagle & Redskin btw) will over turn his suspension because he plays for the Giants?

Also, yes, a suspension can be overturned. It's been done before, but not because of some make believe narrative that makes zero sense.

Its not make believe..its how the world works....and makes much more than zero sense....or you wouldnt have to justify it....regardless, the possibility is real.....

and playing devil's advocate, even if 1% chance, what would that reasoning be...why would they overturn it.......

And with respect to Brady, that just proves the point even more. Any suspension can be overturned.....courts or no courts.

Its not make believe..its how the world works....and makes much more than zero sense....or you wouldnt have to justify it....regardless, the possibility is real.....

and playing devil's advocate, even if 1% chance, what would that reasoning be...why would they overturn it.......

And with respect to Brady, that just proves the point even more. Any suspension can be overturned.....courts or no courts.
What are you blathering about? I never said the suspension couldn't be overturned.

The process is pretty cut and dry, the NFL has suspended him, an independent arbitrator will hear the case presented by the NFL and the Players Assoc (representing OBJ) tomorrow, after some time he will determine if the suspension is valid based on the collective bargaining agreement and league rules.

These are the facts. So if you really believe your tinfoil hatter B.S. you believe that James Thrash,a career rival to the Giants, will overturn this suspension based on the fact that OBJ plays for the Giants.

Thats not the only reason i said you dope..." ODB doesnt have a history of suspensions or flagrants. " reading is a skill......blather blather blather

Keep repeating James Thrash....i get you know you the mediator...good for you genius.....and great hes a career Eagle and Skin....because ya know, politics/human nature/money never plays a role in decision making....oh wait, you were inferring that since he is a "career skin/eagle" that he couldnt possibily rule against a NYG......i get it....when the narrative fits for you then you can use it? Who gives a rats ### if he is a career eagle/skin....he definitely wont rule in his favor then i guess.....

"However, if the NFL finds any evidence that Beckham was threatened with a baseball bat or if the league finds any evidence that the Panthers made homophobic slurs, then Beckham might get some empathy from the league and his suspension could get overturned"

seems like an easy way out if they need it......

So you're saying the league has an agenda... so much for integrity of the game...

I'm losing Beckham from my championship game line-up so I'm not thrilled with what has gone down but your reasoning and the suggestion that it's the league's fault for the NYG's problems completely loses site of the blame that rightfully belongs on Odell.

That was vicious, considering how big the offender was, probably much worse. However, the situation surrounding it was entirely different than the cheap shot by OBJ. Trying to insinuate they are even remotely similar is just trying to start an argument.

Im not saying that...im just saying i could see a reason or an out for them.....

you think there is 100% integrity in the game? just like the NBA thought they had 100% integrity in the game before they found official(s) gambling.....

yes, all sports have an agenda....its called making money and more money for their owners...bottom line.....obviously the concussion stuff threatens that so they want to appear to be addressing (just like they appear to be addressing by having a person in the skybox to monitor when it happens yet still didnt catch obvious concussions over the last few weeks).....im just saying, if the league wants an out, they have one.......and I wouldnt be shocked if its over turned...unlikely, yes.....but its possible.

Im not saying that...im just saying i could see a reason or an out for them.....

you think there is 100% integrity in the game? just like the NBA thought they had 100% integrity in the game before they found official(s) gambling.....

yes, all sports have an agenda....its called making money and more money for their owners...bottom line.....obviously the concussion stuff threatens that so they want to appear to be addressing (just like they appear to be addressing by having a person in the skybox to monitor when it happens yet still didnt catch obvious concussions over the last few weeks).....im just saying, if the league wants an out, they have one.......and I wouldnt be shocked if its over turned...unlikely, yes.....but its possible.
My god you can not be this stupid.

If the league wanted an out, they wouldn't of suspended him to begin with. The appeal is out of their hands, unless of course that is part of your conspiracy to get a 6-8 team maybe to the playoffs.

It was on the last page.

I will ask you this...Did you watch the game?
yeah, I quit reading a few pages ago somewhere around the counseling talk. and yes, I watch both games. The NYG/Car is maybe the most entertaining game I've seen in years.

so, I take it you guys think he's suspended for the entire game's worth of antics rather than just the blow to the head. got it. sometimes a question is just a question, guys. I saw the same play happen in 2 separate games with what looked like the same intent. one instance the media and others won't stop talking about it and the guy is suspended. the other gets a few mentions on Twitter.

just curious why one is apparently more egregious than the other.

Anything is possible. If it's overturned on its own merit that is one thing but I hope you're not a Giants fan if you're suggesting they get favorable treatment as a big market.

I'd say about 1%. The Concussion movie is coming out this week, which tells the world that the league didn't care about brain injuries for years. The league has created rules recently for the sole reason of trying to give the impression that head injuries are their biggest concern. There is no way that a deliberate attempt to spear a guy in the head will go unpunished.
If this is all true, there is no reason Cody Wallace shouldn't also be suspended. His helmet to helmet was worse, since he literally left his feet and launched helmet first into a defender.

My god you can not be this stupid.If the league wanted an out, they wouldn't of suspended him to begin with. The appeal is out of their hands, unless of course that is part of your conspiracy to get a 6-8 team maybe to the playoffs.
You're a ####, dude.

funny...i was thinking you were, um, not stupid...but pretty naive to think that just becuase they suspended him its what they wanted to do......wake up......i suppose you believe everything you read on the internet too......good luck living with your head in the sand and take everything for what it appears to be......

im gonna go talk to my 6 yr old now so i can talk to someone less naive.....night.

Wait...i read your funny line at the end...."its out of the NFL/Leagues hands" LMAOOOOOO yeah, ok........they have zero influence......youre a riot...

Users who are viewing this thread