What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

Yes, come back in Dizzle. I thought the last war report showed you hadn't attacked, I could have misread. We were going to have 3 people left out regardless so tried to go by that for people who hadn't attacked and had low troop requests and donations which normally helps point out activity. And still were one over so I kicked one of my accounts out too.
I did attack but it showed it on mine as I hadn't attacked either, so I don't think you misread. I do have low donations though because I assumed that if I'm taking up someones castle space by donating my lowbie's it won't help much.
We do 2 wars in a row back to back. Maybe you attacked in the first (Sat to Monday) but not the second (Monday to Wednesday).

In any event, we are doing another war that starts this evening, and we need 3 more people for it. So if you want come back over.

Also, I see there is a new German fbgs clan, so there are now three that show up when someone searches for us.
I'll come back over around level 50 or so. I'm not much of a contribution at 30.
I don't think anyone is bothered by one of our newer members not being able to contribute much. I'd much rather you come over for the war and if you're in the bottom 5 just use your attacks to honeypot and get the extra resources out of it to help you improve faster. That will benefit the entire clan the most, to help you along.

Unfortunately some wars there isn't a honeypot at all, so it's hit or miss.

Yes, come back in Dizzle. I thought the last war report showed you hadn't attacked, I could have misread. We were going to have 3 people left out regardless so tried to go by that for people who hadn't attacked and had low troop requests and donations which normally helps point out activity. And still were one over so I kicked one of my accounts out too.
I did attack but it showed it on mine as I hadn't attacked either, so I don't think you misread. I do have low donations though because I assumed that if I'm taking up someones castle space by donating my lowbie's it won't help much.
We do 2 wars in a row back to back. Maybe you attacked in the first (Sat to Monday) but not the second (Monday to Wednesday).

In any event, we are doing another war that starts this evening, and we need 3 more people for it. So if you want come back over.

Also, I see there is a new German fbgs clan, so there are now three that show up when someone searches for us.
I'll come back over around level 50 or so. I'm not much of a contribution at 30.
I don't think anyone is bothered by one of our newer members not being able to contribute much. I'd much rather you come over for the war and if you're in the bottom 5 just use your attacks to honeypot and get the extra resources out of it to help you improve faster. That will benefit the entire clan the most, to help you along.

Unfortunately some wars there isn't a honeypot at all, so it's hit or miss.
Says the group that kicks people out for no reason and #####es for 3 pages when someone doesn't have the best battle, accusing them of going for the honeypot. :excited: ;)

Are level 1 drags basically worthless?
They have value to you in war. Dragons will probably be your best attack option until you get to about L3 hogriders as a TH8.

Beyond that, their high elixir cost makes it difficult to raid with them and turn an elixir profit. Plus the long build times mean you attack less, again hurting you.

Really where they had value before wars was as an overnight CC troop. Most of the 2 clans started playing about the same time, and we only had a couple of higher level guys. Not enough to keep everyone rolling in troops. So back then, when we got L1 dragons it was a huge step up for most of us in our CCs.

But since there are a lot of higher level guys now, we can give L2 and L3 dragons or L4/L5 wizards that are as good or better. So just the fact the clan is higher level removes some of the value they would have in another clan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are level 1 drags basically worthless?
They have value to you in war. Dragons will probably be your best attack option until you get to about L3 hogriders as a TH8.

Beyond that, their high elixir cost makes it difficult to raid with them and turn an elixir profit. Plus the long build times mean you attack less, again hurting you.

Really where they had value before wars was as an overnight CC troop. Most of the 2 clans started playing about the same time, and we only had a couple of higher level guys. Not enough to keep everyone rolling in troops. So back then, when we got L1 dragons it was a huge step up for most of us in our CCs.

But since there are a lot of higher level guys now, we can give L2 and L3 dragons or L4/L5 wizards that are as good or better. So just the fact the clan is higher level removes some of the value they would have in another clan.
Agreed, I did the same thing as Culdeus did and basically never used L1 or even L2 Dragons, I went straight up to level 3 in consecutive upgrades. They are not very useful for raiding, especially if you do sub 200 (L4+ gobs and a few wallbreakers will do the trick there) but I have used them for revenges several times. They are kick ### though for clan wars, I struggled to get even 2 stars before I started using dragons, and now I can usually 3 star guys who are ranked way above me with them.

I was given a L1 dragon a while ago while raiding, and i got all excited. When I used it I was really disappointed. It died really fast, and didn't seem to do much damage and moved quite unpredictably for me. Contrast that to L3 dragons. I was given one of them today while raiding and it destroyed an entire base by itself. Granted, I know it wasn't a fully upgraded base by any stretch, but there was still an AA, wiz tower, and archer towers.

I'm loving my upgraded Giant Bombs placed right between offensive weapons. Nothing stops a hog rider attack faster than a Giant Bomb. Looove it.

We've looted their #1 27 times and counting :lmao:
I feel fortunate that I was about #5 in line so it was still relatively fresh. You guys mucking around in there now...well that's just sick.
This was the first time I've done the looting thing. Normally, I'd try to upgrade a 2 star to a 3 star but there were absolutely no other targets. I feel a little dirty. I don't think my clan castle is big enough for that DE.

I feel fortunate that I was about #5 in line so it was still relatively fresh. You guys mucking around in there now...well that's just sick.
This was the first time I've done the looting thing. Normally, I'd try to upgrade a 2 star to a 3 star but there were absolutely no other targets. I feel a little dirty. I don't think my clan castle is big enough for that DE.
I'm with you on that - I'm a star chaser.

Haven't dipped into #1 yet but all the cool kids are doing it. Oh the peer pressure!

I'm with you on that - I'm a star chaser.

Haven't dipped into #1 yet but all the cool kids are doing it. Oh the peer pressure!
Yea, this is my 1st official honeypot too, but 1000+ DE for free cannot be passed up.

Can you guys hold a spot for me in FBG1.

I am holding onto my last attack on the crazy notion that they all attack at the end. We have honey potted the hell out of them and they have enough attacks where my 3 star attack might matter late. I know its a long shot, but I can always honey pot at the end. Just trying to keep our perfect record intact.

Any room in FBG2? My current clan has fallen apart so looking for something. Have all regular troops maxed but dragon. Level 4 minons and working on saving for hogs now. Username tamtam

Sure Gary, we can hold a spot.

Freeannyong, we have 3 spots in FBG1 (fbgs, invite only, the one with over 40 members) and are going to war again this evening. FBG2's next war is Thursday morning.

Can you guys hold a spot for me in FBG1.

I am holding onto my last attack on the crazy notion that they all attack at the end. We have honey potted the hell out of them and they have enough attacks where my 3 star attack might matter late. I know its a long shot, but I can always honey pot at the end. Just trying to keep our perfect record intact.
Rope-a-dope?

Any room in FBG2? My current clan has fallen apart so looking for something. Have all regular troops maxed but dragon. Level 4 minons and working on saving for hogs now. Username tamtam
Come to fbg1, at least for the next couple of days. We are three short for our next war starting tonight.

I just scouted the guys we are at war with....8 of their top 10 guys have between 42 and 60 stars on the achievements page, and none of them have attacked. Those 8 guys alone, have the potential of 48 stars if they decide to attack.

Please save any other attacks. They might pull something crazy out of their asses and hit us all at the end,

Paranoid? Maybe. Plausible. Definitely.

Greg - Is your 2nd account in fbg1 yet? May need to move it over again.
Yes, I just dropped out, waited for the war match to be made, then came back so I could help supply troops for attacking CCs. Can't supply war defensive CC troops though unless you are one of the participants. Can see everything but not do anything.

:lmao: So the guys that didn't even bother to fill their clan castles have some master plan where they coordinate their attacks at the 11th hour? Ok.

Just to make sure they weren't planning some master strategery and trickeration on us, I asked an Asian buddy who plays to join their clan and check their chat log. He sent me a translated copy:

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): we are getting our asses kicked in this war

小小鸟 (Little Bird): yeah 风流豆腐, this is getting embarrasing

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): I know we won 3 straight wars, but who was the dumb ### who suggested we handicap ourselves?

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): not putting troops in our war castles was bad enough, but limiting ourselves to 15 attacks? WTF!?

比基尼WAXER (Bikini Waxer): pretty sure it was 哈哈 who suggested it

哈哈 (culdeus): it would have worked if 花花公子 wouldn't have blown both his attacks. he sucks, we should boot him from the clan.

花花公子 (dude): #### off, 哈哈

小小鸟 (Little Bird): what are "fbgs" anyway? Anyone know?

比基尼WAXER (Bikini Waxer): don't you guys know anything about America? It stands for "fat bottomed girls".

哈哈 (culdeus): awesome, we should see if we can hook up with them after the war

花花公子 (dude): #### off, 哈哈

I just scouted the guys we are at war with....8 of their top 10 guys have between 42 and 60 stars on the achievements page, and none of them have attacked. Those 8 guys alone, have the potential of 48 stars if they decide to attack.

Please save any other attacks. They might pull something crazy out of their asses and hit us all at the end,

Paranoid? Maybe. Plausible. Definitely.
I was legit thinking this was the case, so decided to wait on my second attack for awhile. I just found it hard to believe a clan could be this bad.

We need 1 person for FBG1 for the next war (search for fbgs, the one with 49 members right now), which we hope to start matchmaking for in an hour (before 8:30 eastern) soon as this war is done.

Candy, Coco and Sapphire have been put on reserve to show their gratitude to whomever jumps over for the war.

Ok, we're good, g1210 just came over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread