What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (5 Viewers)

Saying he's average speed isn't getting him enough credit.  4.42 and a 6.71 three cone and a 3.98 shuttle time are all very good scores.

Cooper is quick, explosive, fast for his decent size, and has elite route running skills.

They still won't get a first though, no way, he's getting too close to the end of his rookie deal.
Gotta agree with Kitten Mittens here @Dr. Dan. I respect your opinion over a lot of others but I believe Cooper was hurt last year and I believe that Gruden has lit the forest on fire in the current season. A fresh start in Dallas, Cleveland or Philly would sure be nice.

I got Cooper on several fantasy teams and he was in lineups on most but I'm not sore at Cooper, just unfortunate set of circumstance. On a human level I feel for the guy.  Just think about Cooper's day yesterday.

Did not catch a pass. Got concussed. Likely got news he was on the trade block as soon as he checked his phone after he got concussed. Team lost big and then he has to board a cross country flight with a team likely in a bad mood and one he knows is trying to deal him.
He should be the happiest guy on the plane. This team blows and is going nowhere for a long time. Definitely going no where as long as Gruden is at the helm and it will take years to repair the damage he causes. TB has yet to recover.

King of the Jungle said:
He has had two 1300+ yardage years. His year end totals have been pretty consistent minus last year playing with Brissett. I don’t think the two are very comparable.
They certainly are comparable in their up-and-down-ness.  Give this a read.

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=WRConsistencyDecade

TLDR: Cooper has put up 43.8% subpar games and 28.1% elite games = 71.9% extreme outcomes.

Hilton has 42.3% subpar games and 26.9% elite games = 69.2% extreme outcomes.

So roughly 7 out of every 10 games you're getting either dominant or lousy out of both guys.

When I watch the dumpster fire that is the raidahs, I feel like Carr and the O line is the bigger issue......Carr has regressed and is more of dink and dunk guy.....I have no idea if Cooper would flourish in a different setting, but I'd likely bet on it.

For a first.  That's more than I thought the Raiders would get.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Cowboys traded a first-round pick to Raiders for WR Amari Cooper, per source.

3:10 PM - 22 Oct 2018

Gruden was for sure hired to clean the books and start fresh is LV its beyond obvious most of the team knew this going into the season

FOR THIS SEASON:   this feels like a lateral move at best. they at least have a bye week to try and get him up and running..... but are you really going to start him week 9? going to need to see multiple weeks of production before firing him up again.

trade-wise, i cant believe Oakland got a first, good for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The raiders have 3 firsts next year and two the year after that. They've gotten rid of some good talent but their cap situation is going to be fantastic in a couple years.  If they hit on some of these picks, they'll be awesome. If not, not awesome.  

back to back bye weeks.  That's got to be a first.
Yea and this is bad news for redraft no matter how you slice it but if he's got to have double bye weeks his timing was good. One week to recover from concussion, next week to spend acclimating to new team.

Dallas will be throwing to him 10+ times a game... u dont give up a 1st round pick for spectator stats.....HES A STUD just been stuck in the MUD being a RAIDER..

When he's been featured at the #1 WR 20+  PPG Fantasy :)

Martavis Bryant worth an add??
I think there are more targets for him and Nelson. After that is Roberts who I believe is in concussion protocol. After that? LaFell? Maybe they sign Matthews since he is still on the street. It gets thin fast and as they are playing- lots of ball to throw up with only Cook really taking targets away from him and Nelson. 

8-9 targets a game should make a 2nd half stud. Dallas has an elite back, this has the markings of a more balanced offense. This all depends on whether  Cooper plays the slot

Do you think this makes a big enough difference in Cooper to hold on to him rather than trade Cooper/Breida for Chubb in ppr dynasty?
You're really only giving up 1 player, breida is never on the field more than 2 snaps a game. If you can unload him, you should be running to make this deal.

I think Amari is really talented and has been poorly utilized the last couple years, but I don't think that going from 1 QB that's afraid to give WRs a shot, to another, is going to increase his production. Now it'll just be Dak that doesn't throw to him, instead of Carr. Really wish he went to the Browns or Colts instead. 

How is it rebuilding to trade away a 24 year old potentially elite WR & a 27 year old generational talent at DL?

i have no idea what Gruden is doing with the Raiders. 

Which, coincidentally, seems like the same thing Gruden knows he’s doing with the Raiders. 

Users who are viewing this thread