What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (2 Viewers)

Seems that Rodgers and ex-girlfriend Danica Patrick have some type of passive aggressive battle playing out in social media and interviews.  

“The next guy has his work cut out for him because my intuition, my standards, my boundaries, my wants and needs are off the charts" - Danica

"And I’ve made decisions and changes and habits that put me in a lot better head space" - Rodgers

Seems like a lot of things under the surface here that both want to say, but are holding back. 

Seems that Rodgers and ex-girlfriend Danica Patrick have some type of passive aggressive battle playing out in social media and interviews.  

“The next guy has his work cut out for him because my intuition, my standards, my boundaries, my wants and needs are off the charts" - Danica

"And I’ve made decisions and changes and habits that put me in a lot better head space" - Rodgers

Seems like a lot of things under the surface here that both want to say, but are holding back. 
Good for him.  She sounds like a lot of work.  He’s focused on football and it shows.

Good for him.  She sounds like a lot of work.  He’s focused on football and it shows.
Definitely could be a correlation between his performance this year and putting her in the rear view mirror.    She seems like she might thrive on drama.   While they were dating, she had mentioned in a Sirius XM interview several years ago that when they first met, she asked for his number, and rather than providing it, Rodgers gave her his email address instead.     🤣 

Danica is a needy housewife type that outkicked her coverage because she was a female that got paid to drive cars in circles.

Rodgers is one of the GOATs at the premium position in sports. 

That quote tells me everything I need to know. Good for Rodgers and my entertainment.

Week 6 fantasy football metrics notebook: It's past time to respect Ryan Tannehill, Titans passing game

Excerpt:

4 - Packers are still the NFL’s best offense coming off their bye

• 1st in Football Outsiders’ DVOA
  • 1st in yards per drive
  • 1st in points per drive
  • 1st in turnovers per drive
  • 1st in time of possession per drive
  • 1st in drive success rate
The Packers will take the field in Week 6 fresh off a bye and with their second-best player in the fold. It’s astounding Green Bay has managed to be the NFL’s most efficient offense despite only getting Davante Adams on the field for 39 percent of the team’s snaps. 

It just goes to show how well Aaron Rodgers is playing. He’s firmly back to the territory where he’ll elevate anyone placed into the lineup. Now, he’s about to get his star No. 1 wideout, a true coverage-dictating difference-maker, back into the mix. That’s scary.

While the Packers’ Week 6 opponent in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have had their moments on offense, the gap between these two units could not be more apparent. Tampa ranks 25th in yards per drive and 19th in points per drive. On the other hand, their defense has generally put them in a position to play in positive game scripts. The Bucs have an average lead of 1.7 points when they start their drives, the ninth-highest mark in the league. 

That defense will have to be the key to staying competitive in this spot. On balance, they’ve been the better side of the ball in Tampa. Stopping the best offense in the NFL, however, is another story.

Aaron Rodgers completed 16-of-35 passes for 160 yards and two interceptions in Green Bay's Week 6 loss to Tampa Bay.

Rodgers was benched with six minutes remaining as the Packers threw in the towel trailing 38-10 without stud LT David Bakhtiari (chest). It was the veteran's second-lowest passer rating (35.4) in any game he's started as Green Bay registered nine first downs on its first two possessions and only three more until the time Rodgers was benched. Whether he was under duress in the pocket, taking six sacks from Tampa Bay's menacing front-seven, or forcing throws into tight coverage (allowing for six pass breakups and a pick-six), the fact is the Buccaneers' defense singlehandedly cancelled anything Rodgers could throw at them. He'll look to right the ship in Week 7 against the Texans.

Oct 18, 2020, 7:00 PM ET

Never seen him look like that.  I kept expecting the comeback, but it never happened.  Complete domination after the first 10 points were scored.

Grahamburn said:
Never seen him look like that.  I kept expecting the comeback, but it never happened.  Complete domination after the first 10 points were scored.
Not sure why you were expecting it. ;)  

WHEN TRAILING BY MORE THAN A POINT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER TO A TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD, RODGERS IS 0-37 FOR HIS CAREER.
Source

Article is from 2019, he might have actually finally done it and be like 1-38, but point is, he doesn't tend to come back against good teams.

Yeah, there is no way to avoid the obvious now: Aaron Rodgers is a frontrunner.  One of the greatest talents ever, but if you are trailing in the 4th quarter of a big game, he is not the QB you want.

That's a damning statistic.  Lol.
:shrug:

Need context. What have Peyton, Montana(?), Brees and Brady done in those situations? It’s like looking at a teams record leading in the 9th when they have a great closer, then realizing how rare walk-off wins are in actuality. Perception doesn’t always match reality.

Yeah, there is no way to avoid the obvious now: Aaron Rodgers is a frontrunner.  One of the greatest talents ever, but if you are trailing in the 4th quarter of a big game, he is not the QB you want.
Could we get that title edit finally?

Rodgers is playing the QB position frontrunner better than anyone... ever

Exactly.  Guys like Brady, Peyton, Elway and Marino are all legends in part because of their much-talked-about abilities to lead teams to wins from behind late.  Same goes for future legends like Mahomes and Russell Wilson. 

Rodgers is simply not in that conversation because he has never been known for great comebacks.  Not saying he has none, it's just not something he does often at all, especially when compared to quarterbacks to whom he is often compared.

He and the Packers quit yesterday.  I didn't realize he was somewhat known for it.  Go figure.

Aaron Rodgers completed 27-of-41 passes for 291 yards and three scores in Green Bay's 28-22 Week 8 loss to Minnesota.

Rodgers was arguably flawless on Sunday, finding Davante Adams not once, but three separate times inside the 10-yard line for three scores. It was clear early on that this game would be decided by whichever defense could get a stop first, and the Packers' turnover on downs in the third quarter allowed the Vikings and Dalvin Cook to punch in a fourth touchdown on their ensuing drive. Rodgers' deciding fumble on the final play of the game was a near tuck rule ordeal after he was sacked. Expect Rodgers to continue his stellar play in Thursday's short turnaround against the 49ers.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Rodgers completed 25-of-31 passes for 305 yards and four touchdowns in the Packers' 34-17, Week 9 win over the 49ers. 

Facing an almost comically short-handed team on a short week, Rodgers played a perfect game, finding Davante Adams for 10/173/1 and Marquez Valdes-Scantling for 2/53/2. Rodgers' MVS strikes came after the maddening deep threat dropped an easy third down conversion early in the second quarter. That drew a Rodgers glare, but the quarterback hit his stone-handed wideout for a wide-open 52-yard score late in the first half. Rodgers appeared to barely move his feel before launching a missile along a perfect arc. Needed for very little after the break, Rodgers rested the final five minutes. Rodgers has now delivered three or more scores in five of his past six starts, and six times on the season. He should easily stay scorching against the Jaguars in Week 10.  

Nov 5, 2020, 11:11 PM ET

Aaron Rodgers has been pressured on 22.8 percent of his drop backs this season, the second lowest rate in the NFL. 

This week against Jacksonville, Rodgers saw pressure on a meager 11 percent of his drop backs. It paid off, as he scorched the Jaguars for 325 yards and two touchdowns. In 2019, Rodgers has pressured on more than a third of his drop backs. Rodgers' days of scrambling hero-ball are over (for now) with Green Bay's offensive line consistently giving him a comfortable pocket. Only Ben Roethlisberger has seen fewer pressured drop backs in 2020. 

Nov 16, 2020, 10:43 AM ET

Aaron Rodgers completed 20-of-29 passes for 143 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' 24-16 win over the Panthers in Week 15.

The yardage total is the lowest of Rodgers' season, eclipsing his mid-October 160-yard effort against the Bucs. The Packers opened with three straight touchdown drives, including a six-yard rushing score by Rodgers, but the Panthers' defense surprisingly locked up the Packers' offense after that, forcing a punt in six of the team's next seven drives. A major factor? The Panthers' pass rush, as Rodgers was sacked five times in this game, a rarity which prevented Rodgers from working his typical magic and find narrow passing lanes to rifle rockets into. Still, two touchdowns on a "down" fantasy day is difficult to complain about. Rodgers is an easy QB1 against the Titans in Week 16.

Dec 19, 2020, 11:27 PM ET

Killed some teams tonight 
Thankfully was playing against Davante...but yeah now really wish I had played Herbert.  But why would anyone have done that going in to this week?

Hoping what Bass and Jacobs did will be more like what I get from the rest of my team

Thankfully was playing against Davante...but yeah now really wish I had played Herbert.  But why would anyone have done that going in to this week?

Hoping what Bass and Jacobs did will be more like what I get from the rest of my team
Rodgers was a must start against any team, especially one that just gave up 4 TD’s to one Drew Lock

Aaron Rodgers completed  21-of-25 passes for 231 yards with four touchdowns and an interception in the Packers' Week 16 win over the Titans.

This was a rebound game for Rodgers, who had 143 yards on 29 attempts last week.  Rodgers got the Packers out to an early lead with a touchdown to Equanimneous St. Brown and a pair of scores to Davante Adams. He then added another TD to Adams in the second half. The MVP frontrunner, Rodgers has at least three touchdowns in five of his last six games and a 44:5 TD/INT ratio on the season. Even without a win in Week 17, the Packers can clinch the No. 1 seed with a Seahawks or Saints loss.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:09 PM ET

Aaron Rodgers completed 23-of-36 passes for 296 yards and two touchdowns in Green Bay's 32-18 Divisional Round win over the Rams.

Green Bay's 484 yards of offense were 94 more than the Rams had allowed in any game all year as Rodgers engineered points on each of the team's first five possessions. He also moved past Brett Favre for the most career postseason passing yards in franchise history. Although Rodgers' one-yard scramble in the first half gave the Packers an early two-score lead, his most impressive play was a 58-yard strike down the field to Allen Lazard (4/96/1) to ice the game with 2:54 remaining in the final quarter. It was also the second time a Rodgers-led offense posted 30-plus points on the league's No. 1 scoring defense in the postseason. Green Bay will host whomever wins between the Buccaneers and Saints in the Conference Championship.

Jan 16, 2021, 7:28 PM ET

Aaron Rodgers completed 33-of-48 passes for 346 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in the Packers' 31-26, NFC Championship Game loss to the Bucs. 

This one will haunt all involved for a long time. If you subscribe to "quarterback wins," Rodgers is now 1-4 in NFC title tilts. Under siege sans LT David Bakhtiari, Rodgers took five sacks, and had little time for plays to develop down the field. Down 28-10 after a catastrophic sequence to end the first half and begin the second, the Packers still almost completed a comeback from a 28-10 deficit, but things took a turn when Equanimeous St. Brown let a two-point conversion clang off his hands. That later created eight-point desperation mode, and coach Matt LaFleur cracked under the pressure when he dialed up a field goal attempt down 31-23 with 2:09 remaining. Anyone who has watched football in the 21st century knew Tom Brady would not be giving the ball back. He did not. ESB's miscue was far from the only drop for a team that simply let one get away. Guaranteed his third MVP award, 37-year-old Rodgers will be back as the Pack's starter next year coming off a 48:5 TD:INT ratio campaign. Not bad. Please get this man another weapon in the passing game. 

Jan 24, 2021, 6:18 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread