What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2024 Golf Thread, pick up the pace, HCP be a changing *** (1 Viewer)

Thinking of breaking down and getting a 7 wood.  Testing with Callaway tomorrow.  I just can't hit my 4 iron with enough height anymore and we have a lot of elevated holes.  I need something to fly higher and land softer with more spin.  Even if I hit greens with my 4 iron they race to the back.  I'll try hybrids as well but so far I've always been better with fairway woods.  Tend to hook hybrids.  Funny how these things come full circle.  Had a 7 wood 15+ years ago when they were all the rage
Was going to set, test both the 7 wood and a hybrid. I found that while I hit the 7 wood better (and a 5 wood), the hybrid gave me better distance dispersion relative to my three wood and 5 iron and provided a better rescue club from bad lies. 

I don't use my woods at all and hit all irons.  When I try and hit my driver one of two things happen, either I slice it badly to the right or I top it into the ground to the left.

Let's do 

What's in the bag?! Always curious of people's gaps and choices. I don't care too much about what clubs people play but I'll post mine since they are new :P

9* Titleist TSI 

15* TSI 3 wood 

20* Titleist Ts3 hybrid

23* Titleist TS3 hybrid 

5-Gap (50*) t-100

54*, 58* Vokey wedges 

I just swapped out my hybrids. I used to have a 19* and 21* but I ended up with a gap between 185-205.   Now my 23* hybrid is basically my 4iron.  I don't care about the gap between my 20* and 3 wood

Let's do 

What's in the bag?! Always curious of people's gaps and choices. I don't care too much about what clubs people play but I'll post mine since they are new :P

9* Titleist TSI 

15* TSI 3 wood 

20* Titleist Ts3 hybrid

23* Titleist TS3 hybrid 

5-Gap (50*) t-100

54*, 58* Vokey wedges 

I just swapped out my hybrids. I used to have a 19* and 21* but I ended up with a gap between 185-205.   Now my 23* hybrid is basically my 4iron.  I don't care about the gap between my 20* and 3 wood
8.5 degree TaylorMade (TM) SIM (forget the shaf but I think it's a 7x)

14.5 degree TM SIM Titanium (Speeder Shaft 6x)

19 degree TM SIM Max 3 hybrid (Accra shaft)

23 degree TM SIM Max 4 SIM hybrid (Accra shaft)

5 iron - gap wedge (50*) TM P790s (KBS C-Taper 120 stiff)

Wedges - 54 and 58 degree Titleist Jet Black Vokeys (KBS C-Taper 120 stiff)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12 (34" - stock shaft - Matador grip)

Grips = Iomic Sticky 2.3s

Ball = Titleist Pro V1 (post-2019) and/or Snell MTB-X

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to set, test both the 7 wood and a hybrid. I found that while I hit the 7 wood better (and a 5 wood), the hybrid gave me better distance dispersion relative to my three wood and 5 iron and provided a better rescue club from bad lies. 
Tried all. 7 wood was a no go. Ball just ballooned and I would have issues in the wind. Too high of a spin rate. 3 hybrid was beautiful though. Could hit nice high cuts and also turn it over if needed. Got the latest Apex

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I’ve had my best round and worst round this week, if I could get rid of the game between my ears I think I could shoot par. I’ve finally fixed my driver and am 75 yards longer, I was not hitting up and now I am but I’ve now lost my putter. I hate golf, playing tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. 

I’ve had my best round and worst round this week, if I could get rid of the game between my ears I think I could shoot par. I’ve finally fixed my driver and am 75 yards longer, I was not hitting up and now I am but I’ve now lost my putter. I hate golf, playing tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. 
Are you in northern MI?

Jack Nicklaus just did a complete makeover course in Grand Haven called American Dunes. It's gotta be an improvement over the old Grand Haven Golf Club, which got some Top 50/Top 75 Public recognition back in the 80s but was a brutal layout, towering thick groves of pines on both sides of every fairway (hit it it straight or you're going sideways with your second.) Getting great reviews early on.

Are you in northern MI?

Jack Nicklaus just did a complete makeover course in Grand Haven called American Dunes. It's gotta be an improvement over the old Grand Haven Golf Club, which got some Top 50/Top 75 Public recognition back in the 80s but was a brutal layout, towering thick groves of pines on both sides of every fairway (hit it it straight or you're going sideways with your second.) Getting great reviews early on.
Not anymore, I’m back in Nor Cal now. I miss playing out there but not the winters!

Not anymore, I’m back in Nor Cal now. I miss playing out there but not the winters!
yeah, relatively short season, too - not just the temps, but takes a minute for the greens to be in good shape.

hard to believe when he was a young pro Nicklaus would winter in Columbus and then go down to Florida to start working with Jack Grout. like didn't even pick up a club for months at a time.

After 25 years of playing golf I had my first hole in one last night.  Hole was playing 165. would usually hit a 6 but hit a 7 because it was downwind.   It came off high and I thought it was going to be short but then hit about 4 ft below hole and just rolled in. Finished with a 40.   5 on first par 3, one on second par 3.

Bar tab was almost 300 for my league but was worth it.  Whoever started that tradition??

Are you in northern MI?

I loved Grand Haven GC, as my wife has a family reunion nearby every summer.  It was a tight course but really pretty and some fun shots.  They totally screwed up the course with the "redesign" (making way for condos and real estate) they did in the early 2000s, which made the course unwalkable and less interesting.  Hoping to play the new Nicklaus design this summer, but it's pricey ($150) and my wife's Dutch cousins are notoriously cheap.    

I usually play cart golf with my buddies on Friday-Sunday, but walked 18 after work last night last night.  Played by myself in sub 3 hours, music playing, 70 degrees, beautiful night, no crowds, practiced hitting long bunker shots.  Kept repeating to myself "this is so relaxing and so much fun" - I really need to make it a priority and do it every week.  

After 25 years of playing golf I had my first hole in one last night.  Hole was playing 165. would usually hit a 6 but hit a 7 because it was downwind.   It came off high and I thought it was going to be short but then hit about 4 ft below hole and just rolled in. Finished with a 40.   5 on first par 3, one on second par 3.

Bar tab was almost 300 for my league but was worth it.  Whoever started that tradition??
Jealous for all the golf I've played I still don't have one. I've eagled from the fairway but no aces

Jealous for all the golf I've played I still don't have one. I've eagled from the fairway but no aces
I have seen 3 hole in ones with playing partners but never been closer than a foot or two.

This hole has a tough green that slopes hard left to right.  After mine went in the guy I was playing hit the green about 15 ft left of  the hole and it starting rolling toward the hole like a putt.  I thought it had a chance and it stopped about a foot below the hole for a tap in birdie.

Mookie said:
I loved Grand Haven GC, as my wife has a family reunion nearby every summer.  It was a tight course but really pretty and some fun shots.  They totally screwed up the course with the "redesign" (making way for condos and real estate) they did in the early 2000s, which made the course unwalkable and less interesting.  Hoping to play the new Nicklaus design this summer, but it's pricey ($150) and my wife's Dutch cousins are notoriously cheap.    
#redundant

yeah, relatively short season, too - not just the temps, but takes a minute for the greens to be in good shape.

hard to believe when he was a young pro Nicklaus would winter in Columbus and then go down to Florida to start working with Jack Grout. like didn't even pick up a club for months at a time.
Playing TPC in Dearborn MI this afternoon. A course Nicklaus designed. 

Have never played there before but heard it is very difficult  Looking at the course flyover I think 5 lost balls will be the floor.

I am getting pretty frustrated with my inconsistency.  My irons one day are pretty solid and then the next time are awful.  Anything from just not hitting in clean to slicing.  I think I may be setting up too far away from the ball when I slice.  Add in a tweak in my lower back this week and I may need to take a week off.

Dr:  Ping G425 LST Tensei Orange CK Pro X

3w:  Ping G410 LST Tensei Orange CK Pro X 

2i:  TM Tour Preferred UDI AD-DI 95x 

4i - PW:  Ping i210, DG X100 Gold

50F, 56F, 60D:  Vokey Wedgeworks Raw 

Putter:  A bunch that don't work for sh!+   Using a Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport for now.

Played Mini tours for a bit after college golf.  Didn't have any love for the travel and grind.  Now mucking around as +2 cap that rarely plays to it.  My short game is horrid these days.

It clicked today. Front wasn't great just mental errors and didn't really read my putts or line up my shots. Back was fantastic. Hit one really bad iron. Got a couple bad breaks but shot a 41 - 37.

I 3 putted 18 for the 37 lol 

Da Guru said:
Playing TPC in Dearborn MI this afternoon. A course Nicklaus designed. 

Have never played there before but heard it is very difficult  Looking at the course flyover I think 5 lost balls will be the floor.
Played there once around 1997, Ford was our client and sponsored the Senior PLAYERS. Target golf, lot of forced carries with no bailout. I thought it was tougher than Indianwood CC up in Lake Orion, which was partner’s course, had hosted a few US Opens.   

Anyway, enjoy the pain.

Playing Del Monte on Saturday afternoon, and Spanish Bay Sunday morning. Haven’t played either course previously, and haven’t touched a club since Easter.  

should be interesting! 

Da Guru said:

Fantastic! Congrats Guru.  I'm jealous.  Gives me hope. Came close my last round about 2 feet but no dice.  Again

Played there once around 1997, Ford was our client and sponsored the Senior PLAYERS. Target golf, lot of forced carries with no bailout. I thought it was tougher than Indianwood CC up in Lake Orion, which was partner’s course, had hosted a few US Opens.   

Anyway, enjoy the pain.
Even though the course was in perfect condition I really did not enjoy playing there that much.  It was as difficult a course as I have ever played.  I actually hit many good shots and still shot a 96.  Lost 4 balls OB and had to take 2 unplayable lies too.   One guy I played with who always scores around 75 was in the low 80s.   Another guy who shoots around 90 was well into the 100s. 4th guy had to lose 12 balls and we just gave him high ball a few times.

Not only the forces carries that wear you out The course was soft from rain the day before and the holes were playing super long..seemed like even when i hit good drives on the Par 4s I was 170-180 out.

Even though the course was in perfect condition I really did not enjoy playing there that much.  It was as difficult a course as I have ever played.  I actually hit many good shots and still shot a 96.  Lost 4 balls OB and had to take 2 unplayable lies too.   One guy I played with who always scores around 75 was in the low 80s.   Another guy who shoots around 90 was well into the 100s. 4th guy had to lose 12 balls and we just gave him high ball a few times.

Not only the forces carries that wear you out The course was soft from rain the day before and the holes were playing super long..seemed like even when i hit good drives on the Par 4s I was 170-180 out.
Sounds about right lol.

I've played a few brutes over the years. TPC Sawgrass, the Valley and Sawgrass CC (the middle one was enjoyable), The Bear, National Golf Links (adjacent to Shinnecock), Bethpage Black (I prefer the Red Course tbh.) It's nice to be challenged/humbled but it becomes such a discouraging grind when you realize you're on your way to shooting 10-12-15 shots over your typical 18 holes.

Aye, but a bad day of golf beats an awesome day at the office 99/100 times.

Having a really rough couple of weeks (other than Saturday, where I had a decent round).  Just keep leaving my chips and long lag putts outside the circle of trust and I'm just not doing a great job knocking down 5-6 footers. Been leaving a lot of strokes out there despite some really good ball striking rounds. Its very frustrating.

Played my dad's course on Friday, which is just tailor-made for me to play badly. The greens are absolute LIGHTNING.  Basically, nearly everything is a tap and pray situation. I barely missed par putts on the first 2 holes (a lipout from like 8 feet and then one that broke around the hole and ended up 2 inches on the direct opposite side) and it got in my head. Usually on that course, its my driving that hurts me (lots of trees right off the fairway and  I end up having to punch out sideways a couple of times a round) but that didn't happen this time. It was all short game. Tough day.

My brother and I qualified for a tournament at our club that starts this Saturday. Basically, its a handicapped 4 ball stroke play. I'm a 13 and my brother is currently an 8. Our opponents are like a 13 and a 9, so its basically dead even. When I'm playing well, I make a lot more pars than a typical 13 (with the occasional blow up hole). So I like our chances. We both played horrible in our qualifying round but managed to ham and egg our way into the field. (we're the 10 seed out of 16) thanks to me making net birdies on 2 of the last 3 holes . So if we dont play like complete garbage, I like our chances.

Sounds about right lol.

I've played a few brutes over the years. TPC Sawgrass, the Valley and Sawgrass CC (the middle one was enjoyable), The Bear, National Golf Links (adjacent to Shinnecock), Bethpage Black (I prefer the Red Course tbh.) It's nice to be challenged/humbled but it becomes such a discouraging grind when you realize you're on your way to shooting 10-12-15 shots over your typical 18 holes.

Aye, but a bad day of golf beats an awesome day at the office 99/100 times.
True..but TPC Dearborn eats up the average golfers with all the water, marshlands and bunkers. I was exhausted after 18. 

Golf is dumb because as soon as you start getting good at what you were bad at you get worse at what you were good at.

I'm getting off the tee with my woods way better than ever (go Ping G400 Max!). But now my 7-9 irons are a mess - and those were petty good before. Guess for now I'll write it off on getting used to the new clubs.

I would definitely recommend hybrid 5 & 6 "irons" though.

I’ve really started working on drills to shallow my swing, my distances are now a mess. My stance and take away had gotten sloppy and I had been losing yards, I’ve corrected it but now I’m 20 yards longer per iron and having indecision issues. It’s cool that I can now go 150 with my 9 iron but I’m still not trusting it which has me all over the place. I know he’s not for everyone but George Gankas videos have worked wonders for me. 

My brother and I qualified for a tournament at our club that starts this Saturday. Basically, its a handicapped 4 ball stroke play. I'm a 13 and my brother is currently an 8. Our opponents are like a 13 and a 9, so its basically dead even. When I'm playing well, I make a lot more pars than a typical 13 (with the occasional blow up hole). So I like our chances. We both played horrible in our qualifying round but managed to ham and egg our way into the field. (we're the 10 seed out of 16) thanks to me making net birdies on 2 of the last 3 holes . So if we dont play like complete garbage, I like our chances.
Won 4 and 3 today. Got down 1 early but turned it around quickly (up 3 at the turn) and it never got closer than 2. Ham and egged it really well. (My brother had a sick chip in birdie on 12 that was pretty much the dagger)

The guys we played were pretty decent and are definitely part of the big social crew at the club (there's a group of like 20 guys that usually snag all the early weekend tee times). They enlisted 3 of their buddies from the bar at the turn to act as "spotters" but I'm pretty sure it was just a ploy to see if spectators would throw us off our game. All good guys and it didn't bother us (and they did aid in a couple of ball searches) but it was still pretty funny.

Next round will be tough. I belive we're playing the club champ and a guy who has won several senior titles. So we'll be getting strokes for sure.

Won 4 and 3 today. Got down 1 early but turned it around quickly (up 3 at the turn) and it never got closer than 2. Ham and egged it really well. (My brother had a sick chip in birdie on 12 that was pretty much the dagger)

The guys we played were pretty decent and are definitely part of the big social crew at the club (there's a group of like 20 guys that usually snag all the early weekend tee times). They enlisted 3 of their buddies from the bar at the turn to act as "spotters" but I'm pretty sure it was just a ploy to see if spectators would throw us off our game. All good guys and it didn't bother us (and they did aid in a couple of ball searches) but it was still pretty funny.

Next round will be tough. I belive we're playing the club champ and a guy who has won several senior titles. So we'll be getting strokes for sure.
Love these stories. So fun. 

Let's do 

9* Titleist TSI 

15* TSI 3 wood 

20* Titleist Ts3 hybrid

23* Titleist TS3 hybrid 

5-Gap (50*) t-100

54*, 58* Vokey wedges 

Don’t even need a putter??

My bag is almost identical.... except ts200 and tsi 2 everything

Scotty blade putter

just got back from the coast and rounds at Del Monte & Spanish Bay (first time at either course):  

Del Monte - sun was out and the wind was up on Saturday afternoon. short-ish course with tiny, tiny greens. the greens themselves rolled true and were fast without being unfair. one of those days where the wind, one or two club, was into us or hurting on every hole except #18. took a little while to get warmed up after driving for 3+ hours to get there, and there's no driving range at DM. ended up shooting 53/43 which i am really happy with. overall grades: Driver = B+; mid-irons C; scoring clubs C-; putting A-. 

Spanish Bay - teed off at 8:00am with the intent to get the round done in time to sit inside and watch the final round of the PGA (mission accomplished). got super-lucky with another day with bright sunshine, and the wind was maybe a one-club breeze for us. totally different than DM: not just in proximity to the ocean but how much wider the fairways are - with more penal rough - and huge greens with all sorts of mastodons buried in them. undulating is an understatement on these things, and we had a few putts which felt like a shoulder-shrug and just hitting the ball just to see where it ended up. we rode w/out a caddie, so a few of the blind-ish tee shots were challenging without a clear line to start out on. went 48/47 with a few lost balls, and had a blast doing it. overall grades: Driver = B-; mid-irons B+; scoring clubs B; putting C. 

my goal over the weekend was to have a birdie on each course - done! - and not lose a dozen balls in the process (also done!). i'd recommend both courses to anyone looking to have an amazing time on the Central Coast/Monterey, though the green fees are a little spendy. 

Let's do 

9* Titleist TSI 

15* TSI 3 wood 

20* Titleist Ts3 hybrid

23* Titleist TS3 hybrid 

5-Gap (50*) t-100

54*, 58* Vokey wedges 

Driver - PING G410 (9.5*), regular shaft [it was ego-crushing to go from a S to R for the shaft, but hitting it much more consistently and misses are far less dramatic.]

14* Adams Tight Lies rescue/hybrid

4i - Titleist DCI 
5i - PW - KZG Forged III

Vokey 52*, 56* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Weekend trip booked for Gamble Sands Eastern Washington. Place designed by the Bandon Dunes guy. 

Can’t wait

Playing the new short course in late afternoon,  big course following morn.

Anyone been out here yet?

Who has recent experience with a young kid who's infatuated with golf?

My 3.5-yr-old is obsessed, and is gifted with coordination, patience, and determination.  I built a hole with a real putting green pin in my yard, cut the grass short around it with a painted green...and he's hitting real clubs with plastic balls from 15-20 yards out.  He'll hit for an hour or more.  Then come in to the patio and putt on our practice strip.  He will do the same routine over and over, which is shocking to me for a kid this young.  I've just started to take him to our local range to hit real balls, and our first trip i bought 60 balls and he hit 55.  Then chipped and putted for 30 min.

He also just started his first team sport with organized soccer, which he loves at the 'games' but isn't interested in practicing at home for more than 15 min.  We hit baseballs...same thing...15 min.  And shoot hoop.

How do I keep him from burning out, while also supporting his growth in the game?

Driver - PING G410 (9.5*), regular shaft [it was ego-crushing to go from a S to R for the shaft, but hitting it much more consistently and misses are far less dramatic.]

14* Adams Tight Lies rescue/hybrid

4i - Titleist DCI 
5i - PW - KZG Forged III

Vokey 52*, 56* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
You guys will get a kick out of this.  First of all, after playing often since jr. high school, I haven't played golf in the last 6 years, and prior to that I had only played 3 times in the 4 years prior.  I got frozen shoulder in my left shoulder ...then in my right shoulder - completely hosed up my flexibility - plus pain.  Had to have surgery ...but that's been years ago now. 

I'm thinking about getting back to it ...but will definitely need to work out and get a lot more flexible if/before - and that's a bit of a sticking point.  I will not be Mr. Havercamp.    

Driver:  RBZ 9.5 degree - stiff graphite

3 Wood:  RBZ 15 degree - stiff graphite

Hybrid:  King Cobra Baffler 20 degree - stiff/steel

Irons (3i thru PW):  Ping Eye 2 (Black Dot) - stiff/steel

I bought these direct from Ping back in the early 90s ...they were and old model then - but always wanted them.  I had Tommy Armour 845s for quite a few years before that.  Prior to that I had First Flight "The Standard" irons (forged and kicked ###).  The main issue these days with the Eye 2s is that all the new irons are geared way up in loft (down degrees wise for more distance - @krista4  :)  )

Wedges:  Vokey Oil Can 56 degree/60 degree - stiff/steel (they are currently very, very crusty)

Putter:  Teardrop offset (mine was originally black but a lot of the paint is off now.  The original was a completely round face ...mine has about 1/2" shaved off the rolled face) ...bought it used off I guy I played with in '92.

WITB. I play probably 3-4 rounds a week (some split over 2 nights during the week). Down to a 12.1 index (lowest I've ever been :towelwave: ). Goal is to shave off another half a stroke or so so that I have a better chance of getting in a tougher flight for the club championship this year.  Last year I was like a 12.5 at the time of the tournament and I rolled through a group of guys who claimed to be 13's but were probably more like 17's.

Driver- Taylormade M2 from 2017.  Diamana s+60 Stiff shaft. Likely replacing this fall.  Probably time for an upgrade plus it was made for me when I couldn't break 105 and had a pretty wicked slice (MOSTLY corrected now)  10.5 degrees

3 wood- Callaway epic flash. Tensei AV series 75 stiff shaft. Set to 16 degrees in the draw setting. - Use it as a fairway finder when the driver isn't working. My home course doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to hit it off the deck (I can't get to the Par 5's anyway, so I just hit my hybrid and leave myself a wedge in) but some other places I play offer the opportunity.

3 hybrid- Callaway epic flash- Tensei AV series 70 stiff. 18 degrees, draw setting. Basically my "hit it 200 yards with a controlled cut" club.  My 2nd shot club on most par 5's.

5 hybrid- Callaway epic flash- same shaft. Dialed down to 23 degrees. Draw setting.  For when the 3 just goes a LITTLE too far. I probably only hit it a couple of times a round unless something goes wrong.

Irons- Callaway XR Steelheads (I think I got them in the fall of '16) 5-gap wedge (although I dont use the gap wedge. HATE the shape of it.  I believe they're set a degree upright. Replacing them this fall. Bought them when I could barely break 110.  Not sure what I'm gonna get yet.  I'm nowhere near good enough for blades but would like something a little more workable with a little better feedback.

54 degree-Callaway Mac daddy 4- 10 degree bounce, S grind- My primary chipping and pitching club. Making anything more than a half swing tends to end with a disaster (either a chunk or a thin) . So anything more than like 70 yards, I usually just dial down a PW.  (I've pretty much figured out my half, 2/3 and 3/4 swing distances, which has helped me a lot so far this year)

60 degree-  Callaway PM grind. 12 degrees bounce.  Another club I rarely take a full swing with. Only time I really do is from very specific distances from a fluffy lie on a shot I really need to hoist. My primary bunker club and I'll occasionally use it when I'm short-sided around the green.(if the lie is good)

Putter- Odyssey Stroke lab Marxman.  Huge improvement after I switched from a traditional blade putter. I'm still not a great putter by any stretch, but this thing eliminated most of the really bad contact.

Just shot a 79, beating my previous best round by 3 strokes. My birdie putt ( a 20 foot downhill right to left swinger) on 18 came up 6 inches short of going in)

Gave up the game from age ~25 to 32ish until I finally came to the realization that I only had so much time left to spend with my dad, so I better take advantage. Broke 100 4 years ago, 90 about a year later. I honestly never thought I could do much better.

Just a wild round. It has to be said, I got a few VERY lucky breaks after a bad bogey-bogey start. (3 putted the 2nd hole from what should have been a very easy spot)

- Basically skulled my tee shot on the par 3 4th. The ball somehow skipped through the rough and rolled onto the green to inside 10 feet. 2 putt par.

-Yanked my 2nd shot on 13 (par 5) way left into a tree. The ball dropped straight down less than a foot inside the OB line. Had to punch out  backwards (due to the tree) and then hit my approach over the back. Managed to get up and down for a bogey.

- Yanked my drive left on the next hole, but it stayed in bounds. Still made a double (lipped out a tough bogey putt) but it easily could have been much worse.

- Pulled my tee shot (par 3) on 15 to an area that should have been OB. The ball held in the grass less than a foot from the cart path (at which point it would have bounced OB). I had a ~25 yard blind chip 15 feet up over a bunker and I knocked it in for a birdie.

At that point, I knew if I par'd in, it would be a 79 . Put myself in a tough spot next to the 16th green (downhill lie, short-sided, heavy downhill to the hole) and tried to get too fancy. Basically bladed it, but it rolled onto the green and downhill to 2 feet. Super embarrassed, but I made the par putt.

- Got up and down from a bunker on 17. Made a 20 foot downhill putt that dropped on the very last rotation.

Was absolutely shaking in my shoes on the last hole(par 5) . Basically ran up the tee and piped a drive before I had time to think about it.  Was INCREDIBLY nervous on the 2nd shot, but managed to hit my hybrid to a good spot. Had like 105 yards in and basically played for the bail-out right of the green. Must have gotten a good bounce because I caught a piece of the green and 2 putted.

So....for anyone struggling....who thinks they suck at golf. Just keep grinding.  I couldn't get through a round without throwing clubs and walking off at the turn 10 years ago. Now I'm sort of decent.

There was an estate sale in my area.   Said lots of golf equipment.   Opened at 10 and I get there around 10:05 thinking it will be junk.  Hardly anyone is there and I say "Where is golf stuff?"   they said downstairs.  As I go down a guy is walking up with about 8 clubs.   A Taylor Rocktballz driver , 3 and 5 wood. 2 Oydessy putters, a couple of Cleveland wedges,  and a Ping bag.  I said what is the price.."he said 5 bucks a club and 20 for the bag.   I will make a couple hundred easy in one day"   

I bought a Nike Sasquatch 4 wood for 5 bucks because that was all that was left.  Was going to but the Nike driver buy it looked too square and funky. 

Just finished our 24 guy tourney. 2 tournament rounds + 3 rounds of 12-12 Ryder Cup. La Quinta. PGA West - Stadium, Nicklaus and Mountain. Then 36 at Desert Willow (love the place). Phenomenal time with my amigos. We needed this. Went 3-0 in my matches as our team won. Won buncha skins including 9 on final round. 2 CTPs and 1 LD. Plus chopped the poker tourney as it was getting late. And 2 of the A Flight players had to leave to catch flights so I ended up winning the Low Gross. Can’t recommend these annual trips enough. This was our 28th year.  
That’s t the good news

Bad news is body and liver are wrecked and our Club moved the Member/Member to this week. Need to recover and step up. 

Users who are viewing this thread