What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (9 Viewers)

wow!  

===================

Bob Williams

@WilliamsBob75

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad on August 15 will air live on ABC as part of the new ESPN-LaLiga deal. The first of many games on ABC no doubt.
Shows how very little ESPN cared about Serie A. Finally put matches on just this year when the Contract was up but not until after they had the Budisliga. Hopefully CBS airs some matches from Serie A and Brasil Serie A and such though. 

If the rumored deal is true, then I'd have to think Spurs could do a hell of a lot with a £160M. 
And possibly a player or two...

Manchester City are prepared to offer one of Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus, 24, Algeria captain Riyad Mahrez, 30, Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva, 26, or England attacker Raheem Sterling, 26, as part of a deal to tempt Tottenham to sell England captain Harry Kane. (FourFourTwo)

Kane could be set to earn a £400,000-a-week deal at Manchester City with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy having sanctioned his departure last week. (Sun)

Just saw an Orlando player get a YC for delaying of the game coming off the pitch taking his Shin guards off on the pitch. Ref tonight in this Union/ORL match has been pretty good but he was quick with that card for the delay. 

And possibly a player or two...

Manchester City are prepared to offer one of Brazilian forward Gabriel Jesus, 24, Algeria captain Riyad Mahrez, 30, Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva, 26, or England attacker Raheem Sterling, 26, as part of a deal to tempt Tottenham to sell England captain Harry Kane. (FourFourTwo)

Kane could be set to earn a £400,000-a-week deal at Manchester City with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy having sanctioned his departure last week. (Sun)
I'm sure Mahrez would be thrilled.

:eyeroll:

Youre going to spurs.

Damn. Well, at least I get to play with Kane.

Uh....
You get to play in Europa Conference League!

But...

Really meant it more as a slight towards Mahrez. Wasn't happy at Leicester after winning EPL. Finally gets paid at Citeh then is unhappy with playing time.I figured his next move is Spain or Italy.

Sonny with the new deal as Spurs go into PR mode.  

Seriously though, if Kane wants out, #### him. I don’t want players who don’t want to be there. 

Sonny with the new deal as Spurs go into PR mode.  

Seriously though, if Kane wants out, #### him. I don’t want players who don’t want to be there. 
:lmao:

Now, it looks like Man City are denying the story, and that the Kane Bothers have really painted themselves into a corner where City won't pay the price, and Spurs won't accept less.

Kane at Spurs for one more year... and probably learned the value of not having a brother as an agent! 

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Tottenham are denying rumours about Harry Kane set to join Manchester City. Daniel Levy wants to keep Kane - there’s nothing agreed between clubs. #THFC #MCFC Manchester City are interested but there’s NO fee agreed. Only bid was one month ago: £100m, turned down. #Kane

Sancho is official at United. Now they need to get Varane and a CDM in and get to work. Trippier if he is a decent price.

And if Pogba won't extend, sell him.  NOW.

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Tottenham are denying rumours about Harry Kane set to join Manchester City. Daniel Levy wants to keep Kane - there’s nothing agreed between clubs. #THFC #MCFC Manchester City are interested but there’s NO fee agreed. Only bid was one month ago: £100m, turned down. #Kane
The money quote is not from Spurs - its that Man City both deny the deal, and that they would pay the fee.

Chuckle Brothers may very well have played their hand so poorly that Kane has to stay another year.

Hahaha. Had to miss my first game last night because of a work trip. Missed being with my friends in the South End. Didn’t miss the results.
you guys have to find some one that can put the ball in the net...It is killing an otherwise ok team.

Then again you could be Miami :)

you guys have to find some one that can put the ball in the net...It is killing an otherwise ok team.

Then again you could be Miami :)
It’s like they are playing choose your own adventure and always pick wrong. Pass when they should shoot and shoot when they should pass. Josh was as heated as I’ve seen him in the postgame presser and apparently Ring was chewing out everyone within earshot.

Saw a quote from him on my notifications and phone that he made a comment like "Man U is where I was suppose to be all along ." or something along those lines with no thanks to Dortmund at all 
That settles it.

The monster.

Or...

“This is a hard message to swallow. 

“First of all I just want to start off by thanking Borussia Dortmund for everything they have done for me, taking the risk on a young 17-year-old at the time with no first team experience and believing in me. 

“The love I will always have for this iconic club will never be matched. From the very first moment I walked into the stadium I felt at home and knew I had made the right decision. 

“I was welcomed with open arms by everyone associated with the club. Moving to Germany was not only football, I had to adapt to a new lifestyle and culture.

“Leaving the UK when I was 17 was seen as a big risk for some, as I was not only going to play abroad but I was leaving home and family. I’ve always wanted to showcase my talent on the global stage and Dortmund gave me the opportunity to do so, for that I will forever be grateful. For all the amazing staff, coaches, everyone involved in the club, I want to say a massive thank you again for looking after me during my time as a club. I will miss you all dearly. 

“I’m privileged to have shared the pitch with every Dortmund player that has been at the club. I’ve learnt so much from all of you talented players. Thank you for playing a part in me bettering myself as a player and understanding the game of football at a top level.

“To the club, you made a young kid dream. You made me who I am today. I was able to gain experience as quickly as possible at such a young age and was able to achieve historic milestones. This club gave me a chance to play in the Champions League, every kid’s dream. This club also gave me the profile to represent my country. I owe a lot to this amazing club.

“Dortmund will always be a part of me and I will always miss, love and be grateful to the club, the team and especially the supporters who supported me through thick and thin. I hope you can respect my decision. The most beautiful part of friendship is to understand and to be understood.

“Danke Schon BVB.”

That settles it.

The monster.

Or...

“This is a hard message to swallow. 

“First of all I just want to start off by thanking Borussia Dortmund for everything they have done for me, taking the risk on a young 17-year-old at the time with no first team experience and believing in me. 

“The love I will always have for this iconic club will never be matched. From the very first moment I walked into the stadium I felt at home and knew I had made the right decision. 

“I was welcomed with open arms by everyone associated with the club. Moving to Germany was not only football, I had to adapt to a new lifestyle and culture.

“Leaving the UK when I was 17 was seen as a big risk for some, as I was not only going to play abroad but I was leaving home and family. I’ve always wanted to showcase my talent on the global stage and Dortmund gave me the opportunity to do so, for that I will forever be grateful. For all the amazing staff, coaches, everyone involved in the club, I want to say a massive thank you again for looking after me during my time as a club. I will miss you all dearly. 

“I’m privileged to have shared the pitch with every Dortmund player that has been at the club. I’ve learnt so much from all of you talented players. Thank you for playing a part in me bettering myself as a player and understanding the game of football at a top level.

“To the club, you made a young kid dream. You made me who I am today. I was able to gain experience as quickly as possible at such a young age and was able to achieve historic milestones. This club gave me a chance to play in the Champions League, every kid’s dream. This club also gave me the profile to represent my country. I owe a lot to this amazing club.

“Dortmund will always be a part of me and I will always miss, love and be grateful to the club, the team and especially the supporters who supported me through thick and thin. I hope you can respect my decision. The most beautiful part of friendship is to understand and to be understood.

“Danke Schon BVB.”
Last time I take a ESPN Notification quote for granted. Should know better. 

Internet clickbait repost 101.

Im sure he said whatever you posted above (which didnt even sound terrible on its own), but was so obviously part of a larger comment and/or missing obvious context.
Yeah I'm just surprised since ESPN despite not having the TV rights glad hands the EPL constantly. 

If reports are true Milan beat Napoli and Juventus (who were originally the front runners a few months ago) to Double K 

BREAKING: According to reports in Russia, Milan have agreed terms with Rubin Kazan midfielder Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. Reliable Metaratings in Russia maintain the Georgian Player is heading to San Siro to continue his career. Sky Sport also reported links several months ago, and his father Badri told the media recently that Kvaratskhelia will no longer play in Russia. It’s reported the deal was brokered thanks to former Milan defender Kaladze, who helped connect the two clubs to reach a deal. Kvaratskhelia is only 20 years old and plays on the left wing, but can also work on the right or in a more central attacking midfield role

Hopimg Dest stays and is still a featured player (starting or subbing).
I'm thinking that Dest makes a switch over to the left side. Haven't even seen a rumor of him leaving.

The only signing Barcelona has paid for this year is a RB in Emerson, with Mingueza also playing really well in that role. Meanwhile, they have sold Firpo at LB and rumors are that Alba is one of the veterans pushing back on a wage cut.

Joey Barton in trouble again.  Geez - I know he's an ##### and all, but I've had a soft spot for him for one reason or another for years now and am hoping there are two sides to this new story.

I'm thinking that Dest makes a switch over to the left side. Haven't even seen a rumor of him leaving.

The only signing Barcelona has paid for this year is a RB in Emerson, with Mingueza also playing really well in that role. Meanwhile, they have sold Firpo at LB and rumors are that Alba is one of the veterans pushing back on a wage cut.
My feed has rumor after rumor of teams interested, from BM to Arsenal

Users who are viewing this thread