What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (12 Viewers)

You guys are doing this way too fast.  There are going to be people who don't even see the thread until it's all over.  Should have slow played this so there could be more commentary, lobbying to get picked, and more @BassNBrew asking where he got picked.
With Mel Kiper pick by pick analysis, no doubt.

You guys are doing this way too fast.  There are going to be people who don't even see the thread until it's all over.  Should have slow played this so there could be more commentary, lobbying to get picked, and more @BassNBrew asking where he got picked.
Time is of the essence --- we have training to do 

Not sure how I go 5.01 in anything but a pooping or BMI competition, but I appreciate the vote of confidence, @Juxtatarot.  Hopefully I can get back north for most of these time trials.  Could benefit from the cooler temps there.

5.02  @-OZ-

6.01 muh internet boyfriend @gianmarco  :wub:
#beatgianmarco 

He went later than I thought he would, nice pick.

He’s definitely a BMF. 
Bad mouth feel?

Big momma's fella?

@-OZ-  I was a little thrown by a 6:45 mile prediction.  I recall you doing that 2 mile Army fitness run at a pace in the low 6:00s.  
At one point, I'd have gone under 6. But I haven't focused on speed since retirement 👴

8.02 @El Floppo  Hopefully he'll be out of the house and training soon.

9.01 @JAA  The workout warrior.

38:13 10k pr at end of an oly tri, 1:32 something 1/2 marathon pr...also tied into a 75m bike out and back workout. 

SOD

Also 15 years ago.

But the legs remember what to do, even without much training. Kinda.  :oldunsure: maybe. I do think the times I gave will pretty accurate...but might get better if I don't get the corona first.

38:13 10k pr at end of an oly tri, 1:32 something 1/2 marathon pr...also tied into a 75m bike out and back workout. 

SOD

Also 15 years ago.

But the legs remember what to do, even without much training. Kinda.  :oldunsure: maybe. I do think the times I gave will pretty accurate...but might get better if I don't get the corona first.
Dude proclaims himself the SOD.  I love it.   :lmao:

Before Mr. Mountain Runner gets too excited, what says the rules committee?  Does the mile need to be a loop, too?
People should be able to find a mile with little/no elevation change.  We allow for a PtP with no more than 25ft of net elevation decline?

When I was in college we would line up hours before tip off so we could get in first and sit right at half court for every basketball game, 2-3 rows up.  And in that old stadium, known as The Pit, we were right on the sideline and basically on top of the players.  

As the opponents would be going through warmups my friends and I would pick out one of their obvious end-of-the-bench walk-ons - aka a short white guy that we didn't know.  This was before the internet but if we could find a roster with pictures ahead of time we'd come prepared with a target.  As they came near us in the back of the layup line we'd take turns yelling things like "Why are you even warming up, you know you're not gonna play!",  "Stop taking layups your teammates could be, you're not gonna play!",  "You're going to get all sweaty then get cold because you're not gonna play!", that kind of thing.  Mostly they ignored us, sometimes they'd look pissed, and on more than one occasion they (and their teammates) would start laughing.  

Now I know how those walk-ons felt.  I choose to laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Mr. Mountain Runner gets too excited, what says the rules committee?  Does the mile need to be a loop, too?
I'd say not necessarily a loop - but no meaningful net-downhill, either.  Also, I would say: No track usage for any of this.  Not everyone has access, and tracks add too much favorable distortion.  

People should be able to find a mile with little/no elevation change.  We allow for a PtP with no more than 25ft of net elevation decline?
Why not have fun with the mile? Who cares about elevation. If you can find a good downhill, go for it.

We deal with enough elevation during some races and if I'm going for a full effort for a mile and trying to PR, let's allow the chance to take advantage of it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread