What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (4 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
I think most hate stems from your hypothetical treatment of dogs.
I think that was mostly fueled by my poor handling of the disagreement over the value placed on animal lives vs human lives.  I was a jerk to some people and they responded in kind by jumping all over my misguided beliefs that dogs were fine living solely outside the house.

Luckily, I learned from the discussion and we now have a wonderful 1.5 yr old lab/border collie mix named Moose that we got from the local humane society.  He lives in the house and sleeps in my son's bed.  He's a member of the family and I probably feed him too many table scraps.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is for @fantasycurse42 - the article you need.

Remember when Ronda Rousey could be a boxing champ, beat Mayweather, male UFC fighters?

You have to read to the end for the 180 done on her by - who else - Clay Travis! :lmao:
Ronda Rousey, November 2013: “It is possible” that I could beat Cain Velasquez (Hoy newspaper)

"In any given moment, under the right circumstance, I think it is possible," Rousey said of beating Velasquez when asked if she thought she could.

"You cannot tell me that it is physically impossible. It is possible that in any given moment that I could beat him. I simply believe in my possibilities."
Joe Rogan, October 2014: “I don’t have any problem” if Ronda Rousey fought Bryan Caraway (Fight Companion)

"I think if Ronda Rousey and Bryan Caraway talked enough s**t and they decided to go at it, I don't have any problem with that if they both agree to it."
Joe Rogan, March 2015: “She might be able to beat 50%” of the UFC men’s bantamweights (ESPN interview with Dan LeBatard)

"There's a lot of guys her size she could beat," said Rogan. "I mean, a lot. If you took the roster of the UFC's bantamweights, 135 pounds, and you paired them up against Ronda Rousey, she might be able to beat 50 percent of them. That's not a joke."

"The ability to take punches is a significant difference," said Rogan. "The structure of the face, the muscles in the neck. Women just cannot take the same kind of punches that men can. That's the only reason why I only give Ronda a chance at beating 50 percent of the men. If she could take the kind of punches that some of these guys might possibly land it might get up to like 60 percent. She's a truly special talent."
Bruce Buffer, March 2015: “Yeah, in the bantamweight division, I think she probably could... Not top ten, top twenty” (TMZ)

“Can't tell you until she fights the first guy... Well, I mean there's no reason that you can put her in the top ten amongst men, because it's not fair. No woman has ever professionally, to my knowledge, fought a man in a professionally commissioned, sanctioned fight. And it's not going to happen. I mean, I'd be amazed if that ever happened. It's not gonna happen.”

[...]

“Top twenty... Yeah, in the bantamweight division, I think she probably could... Not top ten, top twenty.”

Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather (was obviously never going to happen)

Joe Rogan, April 2014: “She keeps her chin tucked, hands high and gets a hold of you. There is going to be a lot of things she is doing that he doesn't understand" (ESPN)

"It is too hard to avoid the clinch. If you watch a Floyd Mayweather fight, they very rarely end in a one-punch knockout. He has brittle hands. His hands break. You are talking about small gloves where hands are going to break even easier. She keeps her chin tucked, hands high and gets a hold of you. There is going to be a lot of things she is doing that he doesn't understand."

[..]

"He would have to go with the very best trainers in the world and spend a good, solid six months to a year on nothing but grappling."
Dana White, April 2014: “If Ronda gets her hands on him, she'll hurt him” (ESPN)

"You take Ronda Rousey and you put her in a boxing match, obviously we know what's going to happen there. But a real fight, Ronda Rousey will hurt Floyd. I don't know if anyone has seen Floyd in real life, but he's [a smaller guy]. If Ronda gets her hands on him, she'll hurt him. I've seen her throw big men and hurt them."
Manny Pacquiao, March 2015: “She's strong and she's strong enough to beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA" (ESPN)

“I believe so. She's strong and she's strong enough to beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA."

Oscar De La Hoya, November 2015: Ronda taps Mayweather in “about 16-17 seconds” (Bleacher Report)

"Ronda taps him out easy, no doubt about it," De La Hoya said. "Most likely obviously, Mayweather's going to run. They go in the center of the ring, that's 5 seconds. By the time that she catches him that's another 5, [she] taps him out. So I would say about 16-17 seconds."
Clay Travis, August 2015: Ronda Rousey and Floyd Mayweather need to fight (FOX Sports)

“This would be a modern day battle of the sexes, a story that transcends sports, a contest between the preeminent boxer of his era, undefeated and coming to the end of his career, and the greatest female fighter in UFC history, a woman with no competition in the present day and none on the horizon either. Rousey and Mayweather are pretty much the same height and weight and according to fight prognosticators much smarter than me it's impossible to predict who would win. Would Rousey be able to get her hands on Mayweather or would Floyd be too quick for her? Could Mayweather land enough punches to keep Rousey at distance? Or would Ronda take Mayweather to the ground and force him to tap out via submission hold?

[...]

But here's the deal, I think Rousey would win. I really do think, she would beat Floyd Mayweather's ###. (Chances are, many of you feel the exact opposite way. Which is why this fight needs to happen. When was the last time that we entered a big fight with relatively even odds?) “

Clay Travis, January 2nd, 2017: “She is the most fraudulent creation in the history of sports” (Fox Sports)

“I believe this 100% with every fabric and fiber of my being — Ronda Rousey was entirely a media creation from people who wanted to be a part of the ‘I am woman, hear me roar!’ Like the whole ‘Hillary Clinton’s gonna shatter the glass ceiling!’ and like, ‘Oh Ronda Rousey is here! And women can beat asses as bad as men!’ No they can’t. Ronda Rousey was a media creation. She is the most fraudulent creation in the history of sports, and I bought into it! I’m not lying. I’m not going to sit here and be like, ‘Oh I never saw this, I was a doubter, I was a disbeliever. I was a person who told you Ronda Rousey wasn’t anything.’ This girl was beating the crap out of a bunch of girls who otherwise couldn’t fight. She finally got to the point where there were other women who could fight, and she just got her ### kicked twice in a row, Holly Holm and now Amanda Nunes.”
:lmao:

I did the work and pulled the good stuff for anyone who is interested.

ooofa....just saw the replay of that last Rousey fight.

Haven't seen a woman take a beating like that since last November's election

<Jean K Jean Dance>

Crap, this chick gets rolled on an average street in SPFLD, MA if nobody steps in.

Holy cow.
This is where I stood on the issue. Clavin and the moops (art installer extraordinaire) wished she'd "kick my ###" and Clavin insisted Mayweather wouldn't last a minute with her.

Where'd that ray of sunshine and truth as light go? 

Last edited by a moderator:
such a good thread. not in this thread but elsewhere i took a titanic beating for suggesting that she was a one-trick pony fighting unqualified opponents.. simply because women's MMA was so young and there weren't many high level fighters to take on.  

i had people attacking me via personal message about it :lmao:

those shadow boxing videos are legendary :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Is that just a pro-mma and Floyd-hate bias? It has to be, right? I know the MMA people are always really hardcore about how boxers are inferior fighters and ofcourse due to Floyd's personality and defensive style, he has earned the hatred of so many. 

Is that just a pro-mma and Floyd-hate bias? It has to be, right? I know the MMA people are always really hardcore about how boxers are inferior fighters and ofcourse due to Floyd's personality and defensive style, he has earned the hatred of so many. 
No, no, no....cliff knows stuff.

He's been that way since day 1 around here.

Yeah, I'm not going to read back 20+ pages to quibble about who was arguing what, but I have a different recollection of the discussion.
 I actually have a solid recollection of this thread, the reason I bumped it too. This was 25+ pages of people comparing Rousey to Rambo. 

If you don't want to quibble about that, this isn't the place to be. 

& you can move your 99% number to 100%.
john rambo had a knife handle that opened up to store matches and other items various and sundry and rondo rousey doesnt even have a knife look all i am sayin is advantage rambo take that to the bank bromigos 

SWC said:
john rambo had a knife handle that opened up to store matches and other items various and sundry and rondo rousey doesnt even have a knife look all i am sayin is advantage rambo take that to the bank bromigos 
Finally, the voice of reason.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

Users who are viewing this thread