What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (2 Viewers)

For the love of god can this guy play one game without everyone holding their breath about an injury?

And didn't his concussion evaluation cost him the TD (with Wilson taking it in)?

He's a must start. The matchup is too good @DAL. I may start Mostert and Wilson with other options falling by the wayside for one reason (injury) or another (Covid).
Yes, he’s a must start in a juicy matchup. Let’s just hope he breaks off a 50-60 yard TD before leaving the game with yet another injury. 

Raheem Mostert (ankle) had an MRI on Monday.

The 49ers are awaiting the results, but the fact that he needed one is not a great sign. Mostert has been sidelined with a knee sprain and high-ankle sprain this season. His practice reports will be the biggest indicator of what his chances are of suiting up for Week 15. Jeff Wilson would be the best bet on early downs if Mostert can't play.

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Dec 15, 2020, 3:24 AM ET

I thought he looked a little off, but I’m far from an expert. I’ve read a couple of articles that said he wasn’t 100%.

Makes trusting Wilson harder...

Now having to hope Ronald Jones can go (and trust Arians will give him the ball) or trust Damien Harris and the hoodie.

Last edited by a moderator:
You going with CEH over Claypool?
Claypool hasn't been seeing the field enough for my liking, personally. I thought he'd go off in a shootout against Buffalo. Alas, Buffalo held up their end.

I'm deciding between starting Jeff Wilson Jr. or Mostert. I have Antonio Gibson, but don't trust that as far as I can throw it. I'm left to figuring out how Shanahan will divide the work in Dallas. Such is my existential lament.

You going with CEH over Claypool?
No.  Those are my choices for my last flex spot.  Claypool hasn't been dependable as of late.  Would probably go CEH over him do to the volume he'd get.  NO just had 2 players rush for over 100 yards against them in the same game after not allowing a 100 yd rusher in like over 30 games or something.

In a PPR need 2 of 

Gus, Gallman, Gibson, and Mostert.

Or only 1 if I go 3WR. Will go Thielen and Cooks but third WR would come from:

AB, Coutee, Perriman, and Watkins

In a PPR need 2 of 

Gus, Gallman, Gibson, and Mostert.

Or only 1 if I go 3WR. Will go Thielen and Cooks but third WR would come from:

AB, Coutee, Perriman, and Watkins
Grain of salt that this is my personal opinion, right? Unless the Rams are asleep at the wheel, I'd forget about Perriman. And I never trust Watkins personally, so...

I'd wait to hear news on Devonta Freeman and go Gallman and Mostert over your other options, unless you feel extra saucy and like sliding Antonio Brown in there against Atlanta, who is mediocre at best in coverage. (Their rush got better.)

It's Mostert, CEH, Pittman, or Claypool.  Very hard decision.  I could pick up Wilson.
Out of that group I’d pick between Mostert and Wilson. I don’t think you can start any of the other three guys. Wilson is probably the safest to get a score and Mostert may need to rely on a long TD. 

Grain of salt that this is my personal opinion, right? Unless the Rams are asleep at the wheel, I'd forget about Perriman. And I never trust Watkins personally, so...

I'd wait to hear news on Devonta Freeman and go Gallman and Mostert over your other options, unless you feel extra saucy and like sliding Antonio Brown in there against Atlanta, who is mediocre at best in coverage. (Their rush got better.)
Thanks. This was pretty much my thoughts as well. Somehow.i.ended up the 1 seed with high pts with this roster. The key is my TEs. We can start two and they get a slight bump at 1.5 pts per 10 yards instead of 1 or. I have Kelce and Waller.

My QB situation is also murky. Ryan, Carr, and Taysom.

At K and DT most weeks ive just been rolling with the Baltimore combo.

Mostert is back at practice today as limited. I came really close to flexing Ty Johnson over him tonight but will now stand pat. I own Wilson too and plan on starting both of them.

Mostert is back at practice today as limited. I came really close to flexing Ty Johnson over him tonight but will now stand pat. I own Wilson too and plan on starting both of them.
Ditto.

Hoping for at least a limited practice tmrw but also some Shanny lip service towards him playing. 

I need this Dallas matchup to produce serious numbers.

Rotoworld take:

Raheem Mostert (ankle) was limited at Thursday's practice. 

It's a good sign for Mostert's Week 15 availability after he missed Wednesday's practice. There remains a shot he can suit up against Dallas this week. If he can't, Jeff Wilson becomes a locked-in RB2 in an excellent matchup. Wilson has excelled when given lead-back duties this season. 

RELATED: 

Jeff Wilson

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter 

Dec 17, 2020, 5:25 PM ET

Rotoworld take:
At this point I’d be shocked if he didn’t suit up, and baring an injury, get 10-15 carries. Given his ability to take it to the house on any touch, and facing one of the worst d’s in the league, it’s hard to sit him. BTW, on average, RB’s aren’t touched for almost 5 yards before any Cowboy defender makes contact, the worst in the entire league. Wilson is definitely going to vulture GL carries, but Mostert should do enough to warrant starting as an RB2 this week. 

At this point I’d be shocked if he didn’t suit up, and baring an injury, get 10-15 carries. Given his ability to take it to the house on any touch, and facing one of the worst d’s in the league, it’s hard to sit him. BTW, on average, RB’s aren’t touched for almost 5 yards before any Cowboy defender makes contact, the worst in the entire league. Wilson is definitely going to vulture GL carries, but Mostert should do enough to warrant starting as an RB2 this week. 
Having a devil of a time deciding between Wilson and Mostert. Right now leaning Wilson because of goal-line carries, but Mostert can make your day with one sixty yard banger to the house. Tough decisions to make.

Having a devil of a time deciding between Wilson and Mostert. Right now leaning Wilson because of goal-line carries, but Mostert can make your day with one sixty yard banger to the house. Tough decisions to make.
Agreed. I’m also going Mostert because I have to imagine the positive MRI results will assuage any fears he has about his ankle...listening to Shanahan’s comments, he’s made it pretty clear its a pain tolerance issue and normal for high ankle sprains....

I'm leaning toward Wilson based on what we know today.Wilson gets goalline carries and doesn't have an injury hanging over him. Mostert might take one to the house, but he might also re-injure himself or be on a snap count or who knows what else. Why would they force him out there when they rely on many backs? In general Mostert seems a lot more risky in the fantasy playoffs. It might come down to your matchup and if you need to shoot for a ceiling game or if you are favored and just can't have a goose egg. The league I have these guys in is a standard scoring league, too, which helps Wilson's case. Now that being said if he gets out there and practices and seems OK I'll likely change my mind!

I'm leaning toward Wilson based on what we know today.Wilson gets goalline carries and doesn't have an injury hanging over him. Mostert might take one to the house, but he might also re-injure himself or be on a snap count or who knows what else. Why would they force him out there when they rely on many backs? In general Mostert seems a lot more risky in the fantasy playoffs. It might come down to your matchup and if you need to shoot for a ceiling game or if you are favored and just can't have a goose egg. The league I have these guys in is a standard scoring league, too, which helps Wilson's case. Now that being said if he gets out there and practices and seems OK I'll likely change my mind!
Hard to sit Mostert if he has a full practice today. He’s been assured that the ankle is structurally sound and it’s a pain management issue the last few weeks. I can’t fault anyone for going Wilson, but Mostert only needs a few touches to do major damage. 

Raheem Mostert (ankle) will play in Week 15 against the Cowboys.

Mostert was removed from the team's injury report altogether ahead of Sunday, pitting him and Jeff Wilson in a terrific spot against Dallas' lost front-seven. Wilson has been used more in a committee since both returned from injury, handling 30 carries to Mostert's 39 the past three games, but it's possible both get there in San Francisco's softest rushing matchup to date. Fantasy players should consider both low-end RB2s in this spot.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Dec 18, 2020, 3:48 PM ET

I'm awfully torn between Wilson and Mostert. If Wilson is gonna vulture goal line carries, I almost have to go with him. Mostert, when healthy, was getting a chance at being the 49ers red zone back, but failed a bit. I really think patience is rewarded and Wilson is the guy. (By patience, I mean you're going to have to wait for his twelve touches, unlike Mostert, who should get around sixteen-eighteen touches.)

I'm currently swapping these two back and forth as my RB2 this weekend. Don't ask. Ingram proved useless this year (cut a long time ago), and Gibson is doubtful, so here I am.

I'm awfully torn between Wilson and Mostert.

I'm currently swapping these two back and forth as my RB2 this weekend. 
That's a brutal position to be in. Of course, both could end up putting up RB2 numbers, or better.

Were it me, however, I would have to roll out Mostert. We know his abilities. He has the fastest two recorded runs this season in the NFL - 22.73 mph on a TD catch one week, then broke his own record the following week with 23.09 mph on a 80 yard TD run.

He and Shanny both now know that there is no physical issue to be concerned about. I gotta believe that must have been a mental hurdle for Mostert since he came back and hasn't looked himself. Dallas is a potential smash spot.

Good luck with whomever you decide to start.

I'm awfully torn between Wilson and Mostert. If Wilson is gonna vulture goal line carries, I almost have to go with him. Mostert, when healthy, was getting a chance at being the 49ers red zone back, but failed a bit. I really think patience is rewarded and Wilson is the guy. (By patience, I mean you're going to have to wait for his twelve touches, unlike Mostert, who should get around sixteen-eighteen touches.)

I'm currently swapping these two back and forth as my RB2 this weekend. Don't ask. Ingram proved useless this year (cut a long time ago), and Gibson is doubtful, so here I am.
Currently leaning Dobbins over McKissic over Wilson, but it's tough to pass on a guy capable of getting 3 rushing TDs against a D capable of giving up 5.

I'm pretty sure I'm starting both Mostert and Wilson. The machup is just too good.

Some data:

* JK Dobbins/Gus Edwards -- 18-172-1

* A. Gibson/Barber -- 31-172-3

* D. Cook - 21-115-1; 5-45-0

I've got to think if SF can get 30+ rushes this game...which I'd think is a Shanny goal...there's 30+ points of RB production to be had here.

If I had to choose, I'd go Mostert. All signs point to him being healthy. He could rip an 80 yarder on the first play of the game. And I've been eyeballing this matchup for weeks in the hopes that I'd have a healthy Mostert for the semis.

I'm pretty sure I'm starting both Mostert and Wilson. The machup is just too good.

Some data:

* JK Dobbins/Gus Edwards -- 18-172-1

* A. Gibson/Barber -- 31-172-3

* D. Cook - 21-115-1; 5-45-0

I've got to think if SF can get 30+ rushes this game...which I'd think is a Shanny goal...there's 30+ points of RB production to be had here.

If I had to choose, I'd go Mostert. All signs point to him being healthy. He could rip an 80 yarder on the first play of the game. And I've been eyeballing this matchup for weeks in the hopes that I'd have a healthy Mostert for the semis.
Great post and I couldn’t agree more. 

I think both Mostert and Wilson are solid starts this week. That said, I do fear that Mostert isn’t at full strength 

Users who are viewing this thread