What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (15 Viewers)

They have a point.  He has been silent all this time, up until the time he can make some money off of it. It's not a good look.

I feel like RG3 is getting some bad advice from someone.  If he has skill as a commentator, he should try to grow that skill and make a career out of it.  I'm not sure how this book really helps him long term...though it'll make him a little cash short term...
Yea he’s made some poor judgements his whole career.  When here i wrote it off as being young and put in a tough situation but yet here we are.  I’ll reserve comment until i hear what’s in the book.

I saw that some of the cheerleaders that he supposedly saw get harassed are mad because they feel hes trying to profit off their pain. 
Chris Russell was making that point over and over again on his show yesterday, but didn't reference any of the cheerleaders actually making the claim.

McKissic has a concussion and he didn’t participate in practice on Wednesday or Thursday. Another day on the sideline Friday will likely signal his absence from the lineup when the team takes the field against the Raiders on Sunday.

Landon Collins has also missed practice both days this week. Collins, who is playing more linebacker than safety this season, has a foot injury.

Center Tyler Larsen (knee) went from out of practice to limited participation, but left guard Wes Schweitzer (ankle) remained out of action.

Washington announced that cornerback Benjamin St-Juste has been placed on injured reserve. He’s been out with a concussion. Cornerback Darryl Roberts was activated from injured reserve in a corresponding move.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/02/landon-collins-j-d-mckissic-remain-out-of-washington-practice/

I’m very unsure who we want to win this game.  Kinda like to see NO get a loss and be out of the playoff picture…or maybe DAL fall to pieces.  Confusion.  

Does anyone else get the idea that Griffin and especially his co-author are just throwing out possible topics to gauge reaction to them, before deciding whether or not to write them and include them in the book?

S Landon Collins (foot), RB J.D. McKissic (concussion), and G Wes Schweitzer (ankle) will not play for Washington.

G Ereck Flowers (foot), C Tyler Larsen (knee), WR Curtis Samuel (groin), and TE Ricky Seals-Jones (hip) are listed as questionable.

What a game. Wasn’t pretty, no excuse for Renfrow carving us up like a Thanksgiving turkey, but a win is a win. They really had the D on their heels but that late stop holding them only to a FG was big. As was Taylor’s drive after the interception. And that kick that I swore looked like it was going to pull right. 

This team did what they had to do, and now they’ve made things interesting. Sucks about Thomas, who is now out for the year. I don’t care what the broadcast said, that play looked dirty as hell. Hope that Raiders DE gets what’s coming to him. Thomas was huge this game and we’re going to sorely miss him going forward. But like it is all across the league this time of year, next man up. 

DALLAS WEEK, LFG!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping you guys would win to setup a more intriguing game on Sunday but must admit I’m not nearly as confident as I was earlier in the season with the Cowboys recent offensive struggles. I am elated to hear we get Randy Gregory back this week. 

IMHO, Washington is always a dangerous team when they get on these emotional rolls. They seem to really play above their ability once they get some confidence. 

I hope we get to see a epic battle at Landover Mall. I will be there early to tailgate. 

As if we need another reason to hate the Raiders..,but that hit was dirty and a HUGE blow to our offense and playoff dreams. I hope that POS is suspended and fined.  :hot:

Curtis Samuel had negative yards rushing and negative yards receiving.  So technically we are better without him.  Seriously though, didn’t look like they had a plan to make him relevant.  Which was weird considering mckissock was out.  They really do have enough weapons … mclaurin , Carter, Gibson.  Even humphries and brown. Then Samuel if he decides to go forward rather than back. So Logan being out hurts but there are plenty of playmakers.  

Curtis Samuel had negative yards rushing and negative yards receiving.  So technically we are better without him.  Seriously though, didn’t look like they had a plan to make him relevant.  Which was weird considering mckissock was out.  They really do have enough weapons … mclaurin , Carter, Gibson.  Even humphries and brown. Then Samuel if he decides to go forward rather than back. So Logan being out hurts but there are plenty of playmakers.  
My guess is all the time out he’s had little time to work with the team and they haven’t had time to put in the right packages for him.  Hopefully that changes because he is a good talent.  

I understand Montez Sweat and Landon Collins may be on track to play.

Anyone hear anything regarding J. D. McKissic?

I know that Logan Thomas won't be playing, but anyone hear any more on his knee?  It  would be nice to at least have him back for training camp next year...

Fitzpatrick is having surgery and is done for the year. Why wait so long to opt for surgery?

Anyone hear anything regarding J. D. McKissic?
I've heard nothing saying he's out of the concussion protocol.

I understand Montez Sweat and Landon Collins may be on track to play.
They may be. Rivera  was optimistic but neither one has been cleared to play.

Head coach Ron Rivera said on Monday that pass rusher Montez Sweat should be able to return to practice on Wednesday. Sweat has missed the team's last four games with a fractured jaw he sustained in Washington's Halloween loss to Denver.
Rivera expressed optimism that Landon Collins will be able to participate as well.

"Landon came in, got treatment and looked actually pretty good. I know the doctors are going to take another look at him," Rivera said. "We're going to continue to monitor that for the next couple of the days. But I am anticipating, got my fingers crossed that he is cleared for Wednesday's practice."
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ron-rivera-offers-positive-injury-update-landon-collins-montez-sweat

These unvaccinated players ... wouldn't be on my roster come the first time I can get them off.  Shows a complete lack of regard for what any team is trying to accomplish.  No matter where you stand on the issue, when it comes to a team environment, selfish is not what I'm after.  Not to mention Chase and Montez being out ... the DL got tons better despite having almost no sacks form the DEs.  Guess the non-selfish backups know how to stay in their lane rather than blow upfield trying to pad their individual stats

Brunell4MVP said:
These unvaccinated players ... wouldn't be on my roster come the first time I can get them off.  Shows a complete lack of regard for what any team is trying to accomplish.  No matter where you stand on the issue, when it comes to a team environment, selfish is not what I'm after.  Not to mention Chase and Montez being out ... the DL got tons better despite having almost no sacks form the DEs.  Guess the non-selfish backups know how to stay in their lane rather than blow upfield trying to pad their individual stats
It really(and still does) rubbed me the wrong way when so many players on our team refused to get vaccinated after Rivera pleaded with them, being immunocompromised and at high risk(especially when you have other teams almost 100% vaccinated).  Like where is the compassion for your coach.  That really bothered me.  I feel like even if i was against the jab, if that was my coach i would want to do it for him.  Hell players usually want to run through walls for their coach.  sad. 

Washington Inactives

December 12, 2021, 11:46 ET

RB J.D. McKissic, WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Dax Milne, LB Jordan Kunaszyk, CB Corn Elder

I’ve had a feeling all week that we are getting blown out. Look completely overmatched. 
Yea i mean they(Dallas) are the way better team.  Without injuries it was going to be very difficult.  We got by beating some average teams minus tampa but this isn’t a playoff team despite the nice run.  But i still like the progression of the players on the roster.  That’s really all i wanted this season.  

I think Heinicke (and Allen) played like exactly what we all know they are.  Quality back-ups / bottom tier NFL starters.   So I don't put this on either of them.  They are what they are.   I would love to put it on Scott Turner, but with McKissock out, no real RB on the roster, leftover TEs, injuries on the OL, and limited arm talent at QB he'd have to be super creative to get an offense going.  It is what it is... an average team that needs far more talent in many positions to do anything more than occasionally eek out a victory.  I think they can beat PHI and NYG, so maybe they squeak into the playoffs. 

I just wish the talent evaluations were better.  They keep trying to force people into jobs they don't really specialize in (Logan Thomas at TE (which admittedly has worked good because he's a huge ahtletic guy), Collins at LB, Gibson at RB, OL players moved all over, that Sammis Reyes guy, etc).  To me that's a talent evaluation thing, and some of it maybe forced due to injuries.  But they need to take the next step and get a real QB, a real RB, and real LBs that have done more than play S or play 1 year at UK.  Hopefully that's the next step and some of these guys get moved back on the depth chart or to more suitable roles for their skills

I think the defense was decent today, and held their own in a game that would have been pretty evenly matched if the offenses were roughly even. But our offense didn't even belong on the same field as Dallas's, and the main problem was the offensive line. They were just overpowered all day. Neither QB had time to do anything, Gibson was held to very little. Out of 224 yards of total offense, 69 of it came on an unbelievable Cams Sims catch of a high floater.

Gibson's fumble didn't help things either. But the O-line was just woeful.

Well, that was painful to watch.  A few thoughts...would love to hear your thoughts:

1.  WTH happened with offensive line?  Dallas D owned the line and to me that is the main reason they won the game.  They stopped the run and Heinicke had no time to throw.  And once Dallas got ahead, the WFT winning game script went out the window and it got worse.  Was this just a matter of injuries finally catch up to the OL, Dallas being awesome up front, or what?  Kinda disappointing though.

2.  This leads me to Heinicke.  And I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anyone so if you don't agree, cool please lay it on me but let's keep it civil ok?  Anyways, it is these types of games that Heinicke's challenges really come out.  And keep in mind I like Heinicke.  I love Heinicke.  I hope we keep him.  But we gotta draft a guy or something.  I'm tired of people saying "arm strength doesn't matter."  Yes, it does.  There were many throws down field where they ball took too long to get to the receiver.  That gives DBs extra time to close and it does make a difference.  EVen the play that McLaurin got injured.  You got a guy with a stronger arm and he may get it to 17 before the close out by the DBs.  And that is just one of many.  The other thing is, when we get behind, he just takes too many risks and puts the ball into trouble.  It's vs. Buffalo all over again.  Heinicke's great run this year was when we were running lights out and playing with leads.  Great.  But in the NFL sometimes you have to play from behind.  Your QB has to know how to do both.  I just have questions about that with Heinicke.  I love the guy.  But don't think he can be our long term starter.  I need to see more than "he's got 'it'.  Here's the reality...we've seen "it" at times this year but not in many games like Buffalo or Dallas vs. a superior team.  Tampa is the exception I would say...but you have to show "it" every game, not just when the game script is perfect...ok, rant off.

3.  Gibson:  not sure what to think.  He's a warrior and one of my favorite players.  But 6 fumbles over 3/4 a season?  That's just not acceptable.  I don't want to say he cost us the game, but he likely cost us the San Diego game and we could sure use that win right about now.  THis is a quandry.  A Tiki Barber moment.  I think if he can't get this under control, then his usefulness here is done.  And I don't think that's being dramatic.  YOu can run for 100 yards during a game and a fumble at the wrong time can undo all of that.  HE's good enough too give him another chance but that needs to be his number 1 thing this offseason to keep his job IMO.

4.  Glad to see the team didn't give up and as Fats said, the defense played ok in the second half (though in the first Dak just picked them apart too often for my liking).  We had a chance to make a game of it at the end.  If Carter catches that bomb right in his hands, the game is interesting...way interesting.  But it was not to be.  Props to Dallas.  They played better and deserved to win.  But nice to see WFT not just lay down on the tracks during the second half.  They tried.

5.  vs. Philly a must win game at this point.  Division Title dream is over but WC still in play.  Need to find a way to win 3 of the last 4.  That's a tall order but not completely undoable.  Just try to beat Philly and go from there.

Well, that was painful to watch.  A few thoughts...would love to hear your thoughts:

1.  WTH happened with offensive line?  Dallas D owned the line and to me that is the main reason they won the game.  They stopped the run and Heinicke had no time to throw.  And once Dallas got ahead, the WFT winning game script went out the window and it got worse.  Was this just a matter of injuries finally catch up to the OL, Dallas being awesome up front, or what?  Kinda disappointing though.

2.  This leads me to Heinicke.  And I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anyone so if you don't agree, cool please lay it on me but let's keep it civil ok?  Anyways, it is these types of games that Heinicke's challenges really come out.  And keep in mind I like Heinicke.  I love Heinicke.  I hope we keep him.  But we gotta draft a guy or something.  I'm tired of people saying "arm strength doesn't matter."  Yes, it does.  There were many throws down field where they ball took too long to get to the receiver.  That gives DBs extra time to close and it does make a difference.  EVen the play that McLaurin got injured.  You got a guy with a stronger arm and he may get it to 17 before the close out by the DBs.  And that is just one of many.  The other thing is, when we get behind, he just takes too many risks and puts the ball into trouble.  It's vs. Buffalo all over again.  Heinicke's great run this year was when we were running lights out and playing with leads.  Great.  But in the NFL sometimes you have to play from behind.  Your QB has to know how to do both.  I just have questions about that with Heinicke.  I love the guy.  But don't think he can be our long term starter.  I need to see more than "he's got 'it'.  Here's the reality...we've seen "it" at times this year but not in many games like Buffalo or Dallas vs. a superior team.  Tampa is the exception I would say...but you have to show "it" every game, not just when the game script is perfect...ok, rant off.

3.  Gibson:  not sure what to think.  He's a warrior and one of my favorite players.  But 6 fumbles over 3/4 a season?  That's just not acceptable.  I don't want to say he cost us the game, but he likely cost us the San Diego game and we could sure use that win right about now.  THis is a quandry.  A Tiki Barber moment.  I think if he can't get this under control, then his usefulness here is done.  And I don't think that's being dramatic.  YOu can run for 100 yards during a game and a fumble at the wrong time can undo all of that.  HE's good enough too give him another chance but that needs to be his number 1 thing this offseason to keep his job IMO.

4.  Glad to see the team didn't give up and as Fats said, the defense played ok in the second half (though in the first Dak just picked them apart too often for my liking).  We had a chance to make a game of it at the end.  If Carter catches that bomb right in his hands, the game is interesting...way interesting.  But it was not to be.  Props to Dallas.  They played better and deserved to win.  But nice to see WFT not just lay down on the tracks during the second half.  They tried.

5.  vs. Philly a must win game at this point.  Division Title dream is over but WC still in play.  Need to find a way to win 3 of the last 4.  That's a tall order but not completely undoable.  Just try to beat Philly and go from there.

This was the first game of the year that Dallas had their entire defensive front. Randy and Lawrence at bookends is already pretty good but then when you add Micah to the mix it's just a nasty, nasty line. 

Im exactly with you on your QB. I think you really work on his arm strength in the offseason and see if that improves. If it doesn't, I concede he is a backup. With that said, Carter makes that catch the kid has them in position to tie and that's all that matters. 

Users who are viewing this thread