What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you are taking the Denver Broncos to win SB...state your case (1 Viewer)

I did so, stated my case for Broncos SB Champs, in the official SB link.

Von Miller..Wade Phillips and Kubiak >>> rivera and shula.and it showed.in spades.

they got punked.outclassed.Cam Sucked. this just in, he's NOT superman!!!

not even close.

#rescindtheMVP.

1. Peyton Manning actually can throw. Coming into this game, he will have played in two games over the past 5 weeks, two and a half games since November 15th. He will be rested and in sync with his receivers. He entered the season not fully buying into the Kubiak system, played injured (foot thing apparently started in training camp), and things got worse until it finally went. Since then, he took 6 weeks to get healthy, and over that time he saw his back-up be successful in the system and he learned to buy in. Note: there was hardly any (if any)of that pistol nonsense in the 2 playoff games. Also of note, Manning has yet to throw an interception in the post-season.

2. I don't understand why people assume the Carolina O > Bronco D. Both squads are great, but I've been seeing a lot of folks assuming the Panthers will run all over the Broncos. I really don't get it. The bronco D wasn't #1 in the league in YPC vs the run by accident. This D is fast, talented, disciplined, and well coordinated. Wade changed his strategy up completely to play NE, why do people assume he won't change things up completely to face Carolina? If I were Wade, I'd play my typical 3-4 one-gap front, make sure Von and Ware's primary responsibilities are edge contain, and bring Ward into the box to play the run and stick with Olsen. Let Harris/Talib cover whomever is out wide, with Stewart playing center-field. In running plays, it's about gap responsibility, in passing plays it's about beating the man in front of you. But in general, you have got to read run first and maintain discipline.

3. Carolina has won because their offense has feasted off of turnovers fed by their defense. Denver has been giving away turnovers throughout the season like beads at Mardi gras. That's all true. However, Broncos have stopped that in the playoffs (with the lone turnover being a dropped lateral). IF the Broncos can continue with their new found recent ball-security and make the Panthers march 80 yards for a score, that will go a long ways towards getting the job done.
:goodposting:

5. Denver D is no joke. Take away the run, Talib on Olsen, force Cam to throw and make mistakes.
Why are we acting like Cam throwing the ball is a good gameplan for the Denver D? Cam is an elite passer with a great arm and very good decision making. He can locate a pass anywhere on the field. The only times he makes a mistake is that he lacks touch sometimes and fires everything on a rope, which can lead to INTs. I can't really see a way in which Denver shuts Cam down tonight.
Because Bronco CBs >>> Panther WRs, and Bronco edge rushers >>> Panther tackles.

Ginn, philly brown, and cotchery will drop 10 passes and fumble 6 times to even out all the terrible that has not happened with them yet this year.
You mean like losing Kelvin Benjamin in pre-season and their #2 and #3 CBs (Tillman and Benwickere) before having to play Seattle and Arizona whose passing games were doing pretty well and losing Thomas Davis mid game last week and their starting DE (Allen) for the NFC Championship? As far as I can tell, the Broncos haven't had anywhere near the key injuries this season, so you seem to have the wrong team with the "not happened" tag.
Them=the three guys i named. Good god go take a nap.
Relax man, still butt hurt over Calvin Johnson retiring? Have you actually watched any games aside from the Cardinals game? Have you seen how many wide open TDs and other passes Ginn and Brown have dropped? They haven't exactly had a great season. Ginn has had a way better season than expected, but he had 1-2 wide open long TD type plays every single week and probably converted on 50% of them. Not contested targets, but all you have to do is not drop it targets. He had 10 TDs on 44 receptions. He got open a ton, just didn't convert. He should have had 1000+ yards and 15TDs, not 44 receptions on 97 targets. Corey Brown was 31-447-4TDs and Cotchery 39-485-3TDs, unbelievable seasons.This is like all the people thinking that Carolina is going to win by 20. It's like people watched one game against Arizona and figured that was the whole season. They combined for 5-44 against Seattle.
Good call on the Carolina receivers dropping passes all year!! They had four horrendous game changing drops today by the receivers!

I'm proud to be in the brain trust of people who picked the Broncos. Every year we hear "defense wins championships".

Logically, everyone jumps on the team with the hybrid Quarterback instead of the #1 defense. Ridiculous.

5. Denver D is no joke. Take away the run, Talib on Olsen, force Cam to throw and make mistakes.
Why are we acting like Cam throwing the ball is a good gameplan for the Denver D? Cam is an elite passer with a great arm and very good decision making. He can locate a pass anywhere on the field. The only times he makes a mistake is that he lacks touch sometimes and fires everything on a rope, which can lead to INTs. I can't really see a way in which Denver shuts Cam down tonight.
Because Bronco CBs >>> Panther WRs, and Bronco edge rushers >>> Panther tackles.
Didn't see that one coming. With that said, Cam did what he could (minus the last fumble). Had 1 second to throw a pass all night, and ironically, tonight it was Carolina's receivers dropping all the passes. Denver defense just outmatched the offense in every way possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Broncos D made Brady average. I see Cam getting frustrated a lot.
pretty much this. As I cheer for the Panthers, Peyton doesn't scare me in the least, but pre-2015 Cam showing up and getting frustrated could cost the Panthers the game.

Then again, I've been waiting all year for that to happen and it hasn't really happened yet (moments sure, but not for long).
It happened.

Panthers were done in by the problems everyone identified at the beginning of the year - weak offensive line and poor receivers.

I think Manning has to be near perfect and Demaryius Thomas has to remember how to catch the ball. If Manning throws a couple picks, especially if it gives Carolina good field position, it could get ugly.

Things in Denver's favor? Experience - they're two years removed from a SB with a veteran QB. Never know how Newton will react. He could come out too hyped and air mail a pick 6 before he calms down. It's a big stage.

Denver's D is good - they get a score... a low to mid-scoring close game and I give the edge to Denver.

I hope the officials don't become a distraction. That is rare for the SB; the only exception I recall being Seattle/Pittsburgh.

And, hopefully, the game is free of major injury. Just last year people were calling the NFC Championship game the real SB. Seattle had a rash of injuries during the play-offs and then lost a defensive back (Lane) to a broken arm early in the SB.

Overall I think Vegas is pretty close giving Carolina a 70/30 edge. Personally, I'm thinking 65/35. Denver definitely has a shot here but, as always, things can change with a turnover, key call or injury.
I'll rephase "Carolina's inexperience, a pivotal call on the first review, a defensive TD by the Broncos and a couple injuries (Stewart/Brown) will change the game.

So was it ok that I mentioned the Panther's WRs as a reason why Denver could win?
With a sound running game and Olsen, I think you can get by with middling WRs. Benjamin was a big loss for this team. Overall, other than Ginn going out of bounds too easily and several drops, I'd put more blame on Newton's accuracy.

So was it ok that I mentioned the Panther's WRs as a reason why Denver could win?
With a sound running game and Olsen, I think you can get by with middling WRs. Benjamin was a big loss for this team. Overall, other than Ginn going out of bounds too easily and several drops, I'd put more blame on Newton's accuracy.
You can "get by" with a lot of things.

Huge HUGE swing was Cotchery's early drop which would have put them pretty much in FG range, followed by a sack/fumble/TD 2 plays later. Likely 10 point swing (at least) right there early on. Cotchery was terrible

You can "get by" with a lot of things.

Huge HUGE swing was Cotchery's early drop which would have put them pretty much in FG range, followed by a sack/fumble/TD 2 plays later. Likely 10 point swing (at least) right there early on. Cotchery was terrible
FG range? Had the Panthers even picked up a first down? The sack/strip that occurred right after was around the Carolina 5 yard line..

Brown/Ginn/Funchess were close to 200 yards receiving and Brown left with a concussion. Plus Newton missed some throws (he was too pumped early on) Not that the WRs were perfect - Ginn let a ball go through his hands that led to a pick and he went out of bounds too easily (weak effort there). If I'm Carolina, I'd be more concerned my running game (a perceived strength) was shut down.

Going forward, I think their receiving corp is OK with Olsen, Benjamin, Funchess, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread