What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Handy FBG: Need Help Removing Aluminum Fence Panels and Posts (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
We're having a shed delivered Saturday.  The truck will drive over the lawn and needs 12 feet of clearance.  Ignore the grasses, the truck can go right over them.  The fence door and panel to the left and right have to be removed.  Can I take these things off in such a way that they can be re-attached?  

Help FBGs!

~

Working pic below.

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably all depends on if the posts are set in concrete. I can't imagine you'd be lucky enough that are set inside some sort of sleeve where you could just pull them straight up. If they were, and the fence is aluminum, I'd be even more surprised that some heroin addict hasnt yanked them up and scrapped them yet.

The posts are set in concrete so I know I have to dig them out.  Is there anyway to detach the panels without just cutting them off?

If the panels are separate from the posts and can be unscrewed in some fashion then yes. If not, I doubt it.

Hard to see here but my first impressions are the only possible way you'll save it is to cut the posts, but leave enough to have someone weld them back together. I think in the end you're gonna need to replace the two panels but save the gate. * Welding them or installing some brackets and screws to refasten them may save you the nightmare of digging up the concrete.

We need to see how the separate portions of fence are fastened together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread