What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (2 Viewers)

I will say, unlike most I stuck with him and survived in spite of it.  Glad he was in my lineup for the turnaround this week.  Need 2 more good weeks from him.

It should be clear by now Dak is one of the best young QBs in the game if not THE best everything considered. He's hampered in FF by a vastly overrated receiving corps, but help is on the way. 

Rico Gathers is a beast waiting to happen & Dallas will surely make an impact WR signing &/or take one high in the draft. 

Dak has a lot going for him as a passer. He's also a fantastic runner, especially around the GL which is very difficult to defend. He's like a Mac truck at QB. With better weapons, Dak is going to be an FF monster.

I took Wentz over Dak in FF because Wentz is safer given their situations, but everything matters & I could definitely see a time in the not too distant future where I'd prefer Dak in FF. They're that close.

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice this is your first post in here in 3 weeks.   :coffee:
Touché :D  but that was mid suckfest.  

The point is he was on fire and except the people who watched him in college, nobody knew what to make of it. He has a few bad games and all of a sudden everybody can write a book on him. 

Hes never going to be Aaron Rodgers nor should he try. He's a perfect fit for a run first team that plays mistake free football. His leadership, preparation and tough play are what make him good. 

Im starting Dak this week in my semifinal matchup.  Oakland ha been a sieve all year and the O line seems to be back in full swing.  If I do win this week, I'll probably have to bench week 16 against the seahawks..... maybe.  I don't know yet.
Three weeks ago my trio of Dak, Bortles and Jimmy G looked dicey. Now it's a toss up as everyone has great matchups and is playing well. 

I too might go with Dak in a Dance with Who Brung ya menality . Plus I watched that Oakland secondary live and they are trash. 

Week 16 is another story ...

Actually, I've got some time to kill, gonna watch last week's Dallas game condensed as haven't seen it. 

Three weeks ago my trio of Dak, Bortles and Jimmy G looked dicey. Now it's a toss up as everyone has great matchups and is playing well. 

I too might go with Dak in a Dance with Who Brung ya menality . Plus I watched that Oakland secondary live and they are trash. 

Week 16 is another story ...

Actually, I've got some time to kill, gonna watch last week's Dallas game condensed as haven't seen it. 
Pretty ugly until basura time.

I was actually excited when Zeke got suspended thinking that this meant bigger games for him after I lost Rodgers. He looks freaking awful in just about every aspect. 

If I was a Cowboys fan or a Dak dynasty owner I would be concerned. 
I am but only slightly. Dak is never gonna be Rodgers or Brady. He's more Bart Starr, with an upside of a bigger, stronger Russell Wilson. 

Giving him a few quality NFL recievers (who can catch) and a better offensive coordinator are my real concerns. 

I am but only slightly. Dak is never gonna be Rodgers or Brady. He's more Bart Starr, with an upside of a bigger, stronger Russell Wilson. 

Giving him a few quality NFL recievers (who can catch) and a better offensive coordinator are my real concerns. 
I'm with you. Certainly the bloom of September/October has faded but he's still low tier QB1 IMO. 

That said, I'm very glad that Jimmy G has relegated him to 2018 backup status for me. 

You lost me at upside of a bigger, stronger Russell Wilson. 

Prescott might not be as good as he looked last year, but he's not as bad as he has looked at times this year. Dallas legit has one of the worst receiving corps in football.  They have no one who can get open on a consistent basis (Bryant is a bad route runner, Witten is old and slow, no one else worth a damn).  They should release Bryant, tell Witten to retire, and overhaul the entire corps, but knowing Jerry Jones, he'll coddle Dezy even more and talk Witten into coming back for one last hurrah. 

Prescott might not be as good as he looked last year, but he's not as bad as he has looked at times this year. Dallas legit has one of the worst receiving corps in football.  They have no one who can get open on a consistent basis (Bryant is a bad route runner, Witten is old and slow, no one else worth a damn).  They should release Bryant, tell Witten to retire, and overhaul the entire corps, but knowing Jerry Jones, he'll coddle Dezy even more and talk Witten into coming back for one last hurrah. 
Agree with all of this. Dez has a big cap hit next year and will need to restructure or cut his sorry ###. 

NOBODY can get open other than Beasley but that's no use because he's 4'11", can just be bracketed and can't run outside routes. 

Agree with all of this. Dez has a big cap hit next year and will need to restructure or cut his sorry ###. 

NOBODY can get open other than Beasley but that's no use because he's 4'11", can just be bracketed and can't run outside routes. 
I've been disappointed with Cole's usage this yr. Its been weird all season, seems like Dak and Linehan are looking to force the ball to Dez alot more than last yr

Even Aikman pointed out yesterday a few times when Dak had Cole open and just looked past him

Anyway, I agree with the poster above, Dak is probably not as good as he looked last yr or as bad as he looked yesterday. I think he'll be fine.

Imo Dez should be sent packing 

I've been disappointed with Cole's usage this yr. Its been weird all season, seems like Dak and Linehan are looking to force the ball to Dez alot more than last yr

Even Aikman pointed out yesterday a few times when Dak had Cole open and just looked past him

Anyway, I agree with the poster above, Dak is probably not as good as he looked last yr or as bad as he looked yesterday. I think he'll be fine.

Imo Dez should be sent packing 
yep, yep & yep.

Dallas has one of the worst set of receivers in the league, if not THE worst. Dez & Witten are a shell of their former selves. Williams is a below-average starting WR & Beasley is a mediocre slot receiver. Dez needs to go. Even if he restructures, the only way I'd want him back is if they put him in the slot. Dez might be able to revitalize his career there much like the Cardinals did with Fitz.

You would be amazed at what quality receivers would do to their passing game. Dak would look so much better. Wentz had the same problem last year, but even that group was better than our current receivers. Help is on the way with TE Rico Gathers, but we need to hit WR hard in FA & the draft. It'll make a HUGE difference to their offense. With Dak's natural accuracy & some WRs who can get separation, Dallas could have a monster offense with Zeke running the ball behind that OL.

The receivers aren’t throwing the ball. A LOT of his throws the past 6 weeks have been flat out atrocious. Would receivers help? Sure but they won’t fix the problems that plagued him these last 6 weeks. 

The receivers aren’t throwing the ball. A LOT of his throws the past 6 weeks have been flat out atrocious. Would receivers help? Sure but they won’t fix the problems that plagued him these last 6 weeks. 
I'd go into great detail what's wrong with Dallas and why Dak is struggling but that would be pointless. You're not here to have a real discussion, you just show up to talk #### about Dak and try to hype up your boy. 

You guys have much larger concerns than Dallas ATM with your QB having reconstructive knee surgery. 

I'd go into great detail what's wrong with Dallas and why Dak is struggling but that would be pointless. You're not here to have a real discussion, you just show up to talk #### about Dak and try to hype up your boy. 

You guys have much larger concerns than Dallas ATM with your QB having reconstructive knee surgery. 
You have me confused with others. 

I had him all year. Watched a lot of their games and he made some terrible throws and decisions. No WR help would change a majority of what he didn’t do well this year. 

BTW, I think you and I had a discussion about him after last season. Go look that up and see where I was when you asked me if I wanted to put my name on it. 

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 15m15 minutes ago

Cowboys’ QB Dak Prescott remains No.1 on NFLPA’s Top 50 jerseys sold most. Prescott led all players in jersey sales, followed by Carson Wentz, and Ezekiel Elliott.

2018 NFL Supplemental Draft offers value; Keenan Allen's secret

Excerpt:

2) Don't sleep on Dak Prescott in 2018. Speaking of No. 1 receivers, I find it interesting that so many skeptics question whether Prescott can guide the Dallas Cowboys' offense without a real WR1 on the field. I've previously outlined why the offense will function just fine without Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, but I really believe Prescott is capable of doing some Tom Brady-like things in 2018, thanks to his increased comfort level with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

"In over two years, he's made a lot of strides," Linehan said earlier this offseason, via USA Today. "I think in your third year, you just kind of start to get it. 'These are the highs, these are the lows of the position. I've got to maintain this level of consistency in my play so I can play at the best of my ability.' ... Some guys have better second years than first years, whatever it is, it's unique to each guy. But by the time you get to the third year, you have pretty good control of what you're doing, how things work and then how you got to maintain that level of ... not too high, not too low."

To that point, I've been taught by quarterback developers like Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid that it typically takes about 30 games to get a good feel for what you have in a QB1. A young quarterback not only needs enough reps to figure out the speed and pace of the pro game, but he needs plenty of game experience to know his own strengths and weaknesses as a player. Moreover, a quarterback needs to develop a strong rapport with his play caller to help the offensive coordinator design an attack that consistently elevates his play.

"You have to build the system around your quarterback," a former AFC head coach told me. "After 30 or so games, you know exactly what they're capable of doing and you have to tilt the system to their strengths to help them thrive as passers."

With that in mind, I would expect Prescott to take another step in his development entering his third season in the same system. Granted, that system is being retrofitted to better suit No. 4's game after originally being designed with Tony Romo in mind. That's even more reason to believe Dak will break out in 2018.

Based on the numbers from his first two seasons, Prescott is at his best when he spreads the ball around to a variety of playmakers, as opposed to just force-feeding the ball to a designated No. 1 guy. In games when he targets eight or more receivers, Dak has a 14-2 record with a 24:4 touchdown-to-interception ratio and a 104.5 passer rating. On the other hand, Prescott has posted an 8-8 mark with a 21:13 TD-to-INT ratio and an 86.1 passer rating when he targets seven or fewer receivers in game. Crazy, huh?

That's why Prescott has downplayed the loss of Bryant at every turn: The force-feeding approach actually hindered his game. Despite targeting No. 88 on 133 pass attempts last year, Dak only hooked up with Dez on 51.8 percent of those throws. By comparison, Ben Roethlisbergerconnected with Antonio Brown at a 62.3 percent rate, while Philip Rivers and Keenan Allen had a 64.1 percent clip.

Another reason Prescott will flourish in 2018? A full season of Ezekiel Elliott in the backfield. His presence completely changes how opponents defend the offense. The 2016 NFL rushing leader will force opponents to play more "plus-one" fronts with single-high safety coverage. This will create more one-on-one opportunities for the Cowboys' unsung WR corps.

With the quarterback intent on getting the ball to the first receiver to come open -- instead of force-feeding it to Bryant -- the Dallas' offense could look like a ball-movement NBA squad with No.4 playing point guard. Considering the Golden State Warriors' success with that approach, the Cowboys could see Prescott channel his inner Steph Curry while directing a retooled offense in 2018.

Dak Prescott - QB -  Cowboys

ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys' offense has "has struggled in getting the ball down the field" in training camp.

"Still trying to gain chemistry," Dak Prescott said of his Dez Bryant and Jason Witten-less supporting cast. "It’s going to come." OC Scott Linehan said "we’ve got to make strides quickly here." The Cowboys assembled embarrassingly little talent in the wake of Bryant and Witten's departures. It's going to be another long season for the Cowboys' passing attack, making life difficult on Prescott.

Source: ESPN Dallas 

Aug 6 - 1:55 PM

Users who are viewing this thread