What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (8 Viewers)

I stand corrected - apparently.
I was trying to decide whether to slip out for a long, late lunch Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  It could be fun to see LFC going balls-out for 3 goals at home against this Barca side if not for these injuries.  Spurs at Ajax might be the better game at this point.

I was trying to decide whether to slip out for a long, late lunch Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  It could be fun to see LFC going balls-out for 3 goals at home against this Barca side if not for these injuries.  Spurs at Ajax might be the better game at this point.
I hope Spurs match is at least more dramatic.

Rumors are that Kane might make the bench for this one - even if it is only for a late sub.

Spurs recent form does not inspire much confidence, but still, I can envision a 2-1 win.

I hope Spurs match is at least more dramatic.

Rumors are that Kane might make the bench for this one - even if it is only for a late sub.

Spurs recent form does not inspire much confidence, but still, I can envision a 2-1 win.
until the end of the #### game yesterday, I was figuring spurs to win out and take CL, but lose out and drop to 5th in PL.

just saw the highlight... last guy any of the LC players thought was going to shoot the ball, so yeah- let him dribble up to the top of the box without getting a body on him. I guess. 

but wow- thunderbolt.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
just saw the highlight... last guy any of the LC players thought was going to shoot the ball, so yeah- let him dribble up to the top of the box without getting a body on him. I guess. 

but wow- thunderbolt.
His first goal of the season, a thunderstrike from outside the area to secure the points.  Unreal.

Liverpool are having a season for the ages and are just snakebit it seems. 

Could end the season with only 1 loss and not win the title. 
we very well might be seeing something we will never see again.

Even before Man City's win today, the top 2 teams had a higher combined point total than at any time in English first division history (well over a 100 years).

Was watching on my mobile in the office (work network blocks streaming) with the door closed and starting to really worry.  Then I had to do my best not to scream and jump around when the Captain ripped the net.  Unfortunately, gonna be at Portland airport with @fatguyinalittlecoat and @JZilla during Sunday's finales, so likely watching on my phone again, unless I'm lucky enough that the airport bar has multiple NBC sports stations.

Was watching on my mobile in the office (work network blocks streaming) with the door closed and starting to really worry.  Then I had to do my best not to scream and jump around when the Captain ripped the net.  Unfortunately, gonna be at Portland airport with @fatguyinalittlecoat and @JZilla during Sunday's finales, so likely watching on my phone again, unless I'm lucky enough that the airport bar has multiple NBC sports stations.
Y'all visiting 'hack?

Could end the season with only 1 loss and not win the title. 
I'm going to try to stay positive.  As of this writing, Pool still alive for the double.  But with a 3 goal deficit to Messi, Firmino/Salah/Keita out hurt, and City playing a team that just avoided relegation, things aren't looking good.

But I did just step off a plane and the first store I saw was named "Brighton".  That's a sign if I've ever seen one.

Seriously though..City have struggled offensively for the last month.  They just scored 2 goals in the last week, and the goal scorers were Phil Foden and Kompany.  It's hard to keep that offense down.  The Brighton game is quite possibly going to be a rout.

The more I see the replay, the more I'm convinced that he mi#### that ball.  I don't think he intended to strike it on the inside to get that bend.  I think he intended to hit it flush.

Man, they're going to be gassed in the 2nd half.  What a start, though....
I think they smartly pulled back on the press after 20 or 25 minutes so that they can start fast in the second half.  I think their best shot was to punch Barca in the mouth early, but literally right after I mentioned that Barca looked shaky playing out of the back, they started finding Busquets and stroking it around.  He is absolutely amazing on the ball.  Probably the best I've ever seen under pressure.  

So, I think the best chance is gone, but if Liverpool come out hard again and get a second within 10 or 15 minutes, maybe they can ride the adrenaline until the end.  And Barca will have to keep missing their chances, because they'll be there on transition.

Still hoping for an extra-time winner from Studgie.  

Users who are viewing this thread