Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[DYNASTY] Lamar Jackson, MVP, Madden Cover. Hopefully Develops as a Passer

Lamar Jackson completed 24-of-34 passes for 249 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in the Ravens' Week 10 loss to the Patriots.

Jackson was also Baltimore's leading rusher with 55 yards on 11 carries. Both of his touchdowns were to Willie Snead, with one of them coming on a Jet Sweep. The yards were Jackson's most since Week 1, a testament to how much the Ravens' pass offense has struggled. Jackson has regressed across the board despite an improved support cast. The Titans — who have allowed the second most passing touchdowns — are a favorable Week 11 matchup for Jackson.

Nov 15, 2020, 11:29 PM ET

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime Ravens fan here. I thought Lamar Jackson had a very good debut as an all-around NFL QB. Here's why: With 5:45 seconds left in the third quarter, the Ravens were down by eight points afte

Guys, let's not get too crazy... the Bengals could have been taking a page from the Patriots model and simply letting Lamar Jackson run wild on them as to lure him into a false sense of security in ca

Gosh dang it, they pulled him early again! This guy is killing me.

• 2 weeks later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Lamar Jackson tested positive for COVID-19.

The Ravens game on Thanksgiving was postponed to Sunday because of an on-going outbreak that hasn't been contained yet. Jackson joins more than 10 other Baltimore players and staff members on the COVID-19 list, meaning he'll miss Week 12 and possibly beyond. It's the last thing the Ravens need going into a near must-win game against the Steelers. Robert Griffin will be the starter with Tyler Huntley backing him up. Trace McSorley is on injured reserve.

ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports the Ravens believe Lamar Jackson contracted COVID-19 during the team's Week 11 loss to the Titans.  

Jackson took snaps from C Patrick Mekari, who has also tested positive. Jackson's game day locker is "close" to COVID positive J.K. Dobbins and Mark Ingram. Catching the virus during the game would be quite the development, as that is not something that has been documented during any American sporting event this year. Wherever Jackson contracted the virus, he is out for Week 12 against the Steelers — if it's played — and quite likely Week 13 vs. Dallas. That will depend when that game, originally scheduled for next Thursday, is played. 

- Jamison Hensley

Edited by The Frankman

Lamar Jackson (COVID-19) has a chance to come off the reserve/COVID list in time to play Week 13's game against Dallas. 

Jackson, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, will miss this week's game -- now slated for Tuesday night -- against Pittsburgh. Baltimore's Week 13 game against the Cowboys being bumped to Monday, December 7 will give Jackson a shot to suit up for a great late-season matchup. Otherwise, Robert Griffin III is looking at at least two starts for the Ravens. 

RELATED: 

Robert Griffin III

, Dallas Cowboys

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 27, 2020, 3:35 PM ET

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh wouldn't say whether Lamar Jackson (COVID-19) will be available for Week 13 against Dallas. 

The Ravens' offense was a total disaster with Jackson sidelined in Week 12 against the Steelers. The team's Week 13 game being bumped to Monday give Jackson a chance to play in a mouth watering matchup against the Cowboys. Robert Griffin III, if he's recovered from the hamstring injury that knocked him out of Wednesday's game against Pittsburgh, could get a second start if Jackson is held out. Trace McSorley -- who's probably better for Baltimore's pass catchers -- would get the start if RGIII is unavailable. He would be a desperation superflex option. 

RELATED: 

Trace McSorley

, Robert Griffin III

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Dec 3, 2020, 2:45 PM ET

Really tricky because he may not play even off the COVID-19 list. Luckily I clinched a spot last week so as a Lamar owner I could technically wait it out, but it's tough for people who need that game to make the playoffs. I could grab Cousins off the wire but with FAAB money so precious dunno if it makes sense.

I'm in that boat where I need the win, so don't think I can risk waiting on him as if he doesn't play I'm stuck between McSorley or Dalton.  Currently have Goff in my lineup and if there's no "Lamar is starting news" before the Rams kickoff then I'm leaving him in there.

11 minutes ago, billmatic said:

I'm in that boat where I need the win, so don't think I can risk waiting on him as if he doesn't play I'm stuck between McSorley or Dalton.  Currently have Goff in my lineup and if there's no "Lamar is starting news" before the Rams kickoff then I'm leaving him in there.

I’m in the same boat. Have Rivers in the lineup for a must win. SMH. 

1 minute ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Per Adam Shefter:

Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson is expected to come off Reserve/COVID19 list and start Tuesday vs. the Dallas Cowboys, per sources.

9:09 AM · Dec 6, 2020·Twitter Web App

I just heard Shefter state this and he also mentioned a couple Raven players coming off Covid too, didn't he? Wondering about Jackson's weapons. Is Andrews definitely out? Hollywood perhaps a big game. I've started WR's against Dallas all year and each one comes up gold.

15 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

I just heard Shefter state this and he also mentioned a couple Raven players coming off Covid too, didn't he? Wondering about Jackson's weapons. Is Andrews definitely out? Hollywood perhaps a big game. I've started WR's against Dallas all year and each one comes up gold.

I did not hear it, just saw the tweet. It'd be great to know if I am starting Andrews or Kyle Rudolph.

• Like 1

Normally I'd start Lamar but he's sat for over 10 days and Monday will be his 1st practice since then... sitting him because I have Kirk Cousins facing Jacksonville.

Edited by The Frankman
whoops swapped days for games
4 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Normally I'd start Lamar but he's sat for over 10 days* and Monday will be his 1st practice since then... sitting him because I have Kirk Cousins facing Jacksonville.

Word. If you have other options like that I agree with you. I’m sitting him for Tannehill.

Edited by Double
3 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Per Adam Shefter:

Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson is expected to come off Reserve/COVID19 list and start Tuesday vs. the Dallas Cowboys, per sources.

9:09 AM · Dec 6, 2020·Twitter Web App

Take it with a grain of salt, but I think he still needs to have one more negative test result today to come off the list. Not sure if we'll get confirmation in the next 15 minutes before the first game kicks off. 

Edited by shades
  • Like 1
On 12/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, skinsrule05 said:

I’m taking the risk of starting Lamar over Cousins.
I need a win to make the playoffs and am playing the top team in the league. So I am going for upside. 

Ouch.  Cousins played well for fantasy (not so well in real life).

Rotoworld:

Ravens activated Lamar Jackson from the reserve/COVID list.

Jackson is also expected to start in Tuesday's juicy matchup against a Cowboys defense allowing the 10th-most fantasy points to enemy quarterbacks. Jackson tested positive for COVID-19 prior to Baltimore's Week 12 matchup but is 10 days removed from that event. Mark Andrews and Willie Snead notably remain on the team's COVID list ahead of Tuesday night.

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter

Dec 7, 2020, 3:49 PM ET

Lamar Jackson completed 12-of-17 passes for 107 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Ravens' Week 13 win over the Cowboys.

Jackson also added an impressive 94 rushing yards and a score on 13 carries. After months of inconsistent play and a week on the COVID-19 list, Jackson looked more confident despite missing Mark Andrews, Willie Snead, starting offensive linemen, and others. Jackson's highlight play was a QB keeper that went for a 37-yard rushing touchdown. His two passing touchdowns both came from 20-plus yards out thanks to non-stop blown assignments by the Cowboys defense. Jackson could've had a bigger day as a passer if he was simply more accurate. His mechanics seem to be an issue. With that said, Jackson has a cupcake schedule ahead of the fantasy playoffs and tonight's game was a positive overall. Jackson will be a QB1 against the Browns.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:04 PM ET

NFL playoffs 2020 concern index: Should we be worried about Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson?

Excerpt:

LAMAR JACKSON, QB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

When all seems lost, when all seems hopeless and when you've been counted out, playing against the Dallas Cowboys' defense is quite the cure. The Ravens and Jackson sat at 6-5, just out of the playoffs, entering Week 13, and the Cowboys came to town to get them back on track.

Baltimore now sits at 7-5 with improved playoff odds, but it's still going to be a climb to reach the postseason. The Ravens are worse in a lot of areas compared to their 2019 team, with the biggest decline coming in passing efficiency. Specifically, the Ravens and Jackson haven't been great against man coverage this season. Against any type of zone defense, the quarterback's grades have stayed roughly similar — 81.4 in 2019 and 79.7 this year. But against man coverage, his grade has plummeted from 90.2 to 70.5.

One issue is that he's using his legs much less in those situations. He has scrambled only eight times for 57 yards against man coverage, while he had 17 scrambles for an impressive 220 yards last season. Jackson can likely afford to hold on to the ball a little longer before seeing if there are more plays to be made on the ground against man coverage.

He would also benefit from the playcalling giving him deeper concepts. His average depth of target is down 1.4 yards from 2019. The Ravens should provide Jackson with deeper routes to create more explosive passes, and if nothing is open, let him use his legs. He will probably bounce back from all of this eventually, but is it already too late for 2020?

Lamar Jackson completed 11-of-17 passes for 163 yards and one touchdown and rushed nine times for 124 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' 47-42, Week 14 win over the Browns Monday night.

Jackson hadn't been living up to his 2019 MVP ways for the vast majority of the season, but he turned things on under the bright Monday night lights. It marked his second 100-yard rushing game of the year and first multi-score ground effort with a pair of first-half rushing touchdowns, scoring from five yards out in the first quarter and 17 yards away in the second frame. His passing night could have been much better, too, if not for multiple drops by Marquise Brown. But Brown did make his biggest target count. Jackson missed two drives in the locker room with fourth-quarter cramps, only to return for a 4th-and-5 with 1:51 to play after Trace McSorley injured his knee on a third-down sack. Jackson hit a streaking Brown for a 440yard touchdown to put the Ravens up 42-35 following a two-point conversion. The Browns then tied it, but Jackson made several critical throws on the final possession to set up Justin Tucker's game-winning 55-yard field goal with two seconds left. Jackson looks to be heating up in time for Week 15 against the soft Jaguars.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:43 PM ET

On 12/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, Helaire-ious said:

I might start Cousins or even Tua over him this week. Crazy?

I mean, kinda. Lamar has a great match up. Tua has to deal with Belicheck and Cousins gets a solid Bears D that held Watson in check last week. I also have Cousins and I'm starting Lamar with zero hesitation. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, turkishkamel said:

I mean, kinda. Lamar has a great match up. Tua has to deal with Belicheck and Cousins gets a solid Bears D that held Watson in check last week. I also have Cousins and I'm starting Lamar with zero hesitation. 

I agree.  Could be a Ravens 3 RB game down so many WRs.  Deep TD gone now with Brown possibly out.  Need the Jaguars to score some offensively. 

Lamar Jackson completed 17-of-22 for 243 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception in the Ravens' 40-14 Week 15 win over the Jaguars, adding ten rushes for 35 yards and a touchdown. 

The Ravens did anything they wanted against a depleted Jacksonville defense. Jackson's statistical day could have been even better if he hadn't been removed from the game a few minutes into the fourth quarter with the Ravens leading 40-7. He also had a rushing score taken off the board at the end of the first quarter. Jackson was aggressive from the start, attacking the Jags downfield with shots to Mark Andrews and Marquise Brown. Jackson's strong season-closing run should continue next week against the Giants. 

Dec 20, 2020, 3:58 PM ET

Lamar Jackson completed 17-of-26 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' 27-13 Week 16 win against the Giants, adding 12 rushes for 81 yards. 

It was yet another double-digit rushing attempt performance from Jackson, who had a few potentially long runs stopped by shoestring tackles. Jackson again found Marquise Brown and Dez Bryant for touchdowns against a vulnerable Giants secondary. The Ravens moved the ball at will against the zone-heavy Giants, who refused to switch to man defense even as Baltimore had chunk play after chunk play. Jackson gets another favorable matchup in Week 17 against the Bengals.

- Rotoworld

Lamar Jackson completed 10-of-18 passes for 113 yards and three touchdowns in the Ravens 38-3 Week 17 win over the Bengals, adding 11 rushes for 97 yards. 

Jackson's passing day would've been better if not for a breathtaking dropped pass from Marquise Brown on a first quarter deep ball. Jackson did anything he wanted against the toothless Cincy defense, taking most read-options himself and piling up rushing yardage throughout his three quarters of action. He was rested in the fourth quarter. He finishes the regular season with over 1,000 rushing yards despite missing a game. Jackson and the Baltimore offense have progressed dramatically over the past month. Jackson will enter the NFL playoffs looking to avenge stunning defeats in his past two postseason appearances. 

- Rotoworld

Lamar Jackson completed 17-of-24 pass attempts for 179 yards and an interception in the Ravens' Wild Card win over the Titans, adding 16 carries for 136 yards and a touchdown.

Jackson opened the game with a duck on a deep attempt that was intercepted and things began to look like a repeat of his previous two meetings with the Titans, both of which Baltimore lost. He tightened up his passing but it was his rushing output that won the Ravens this game. Jackson got the Ravens their first score of the day with a 48-yard rushing touchdown. He also added carries for 23 and 33 yards in the second half. It may not have been his best performance through the air but it didn't have to be with the way he was blowing by defenders on the ground. The Ravens will move on to face either the Bills or the Chiefs in the Divisional Round. Jackson remains an elite DFS option for next week.

- Rotoworld

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens are expected to explore a contract extension for Lamar Jackson this offseason.

Jackson has one year left on his rookie deal but the Ravens will make the easy decision to pick up his fifth-year option. Baltimore has a history of extending players early and a deal could get done sometime before next year's training camp. Currently without an agent, it's not clear if Jackson plans to represent himself in contract talks. Jackson had a down 2020 but is going to command top-five quarterback money. 

SOURCE: NFL Network

Jan 16, 2021, 12:18 PM ET

Lamar Jackson (concussion) has been ruled out for the remainder of the Ravens' Divisional Round game against the Bills.

Jackson followed an NFL-leading 36-touchdown season in 2019 with 26 in 2020 across 15 games. The Ravens offense was very inconsistent, partially because of Jackson's iffy accuracy and partially because of Baltimore's bottom-five receiver depth chart. Jackson's 7.3 yards per attempt average is enough for this offense to be potent through the air if Baltimore can bring in another pass-catcher this offseason. As a rusher, Jackson remains in a tier of his own. He had 1,005 rushing yards and seven scores on 159 carries (6.3 YPC). Jackson needs more around him for the Ravens to reach the Super Bowl, but he's a locked-in top-five fantasy quarterback regardless. The Ravens will be picking up his fifth-year option this offseason. Hopefully they give Allen Robinson a phone call, too.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he's "totally certain" the Ravens will sign Lamar Jackson to a long-term extension.

“Eric [DeCosta] and I have talked about that and other contracts, so I’m very confident that Eric and those guys will do a great job,” Harbaugh said. “Absolutely, we want Lamar to sign a long-term deal and be with us. I’m totally certain that’s going to happen. When it happens, that’s the details. That’s what we’ve got to figure out.” Harbaugh was commenting on a report that the Ravens plan to explore an extension for Jackson this offseason. Baltimore is a lock to pick up Jackson's fifth-year option in May.  There's optimism the sides can reach a long-term deal before next year's training camp.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Jan 20, 2021, 11:40 AM ET