Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, dewaser said:

How would you guys value Cooper Kupp in 0.5 PPR?

On the one hand, he's going on 28, with an injury history, and on a team that sometimes neglects him in the passing game for stretches. On the other hand, he's got a new QB who loves to sling the ball, put up 92 rec for 974 yds and 3 TD last season while playing injured, and doesn't have too much competition for targets.

Would he be valued around a late first? What would you give for him?

I’ve been a Kupp fan since day one, so I may overvalue him a bit, but I wouldn’t accept a late first for him. I have three late firsts this year and would gladly give one for him.

I most likely would give him up for a top 6 pick this year, but it wouldn’t be a snap accept. Stafford brings enough intrigue for me to want to hold him and see what happens out there in LA.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tentative rookie RB/WR tiers after diving into clips and stats this weekend:   RB Josh Jacobs, Raiders - No major weaknesses and walks into a starting role. Power, hands, elusiveness, and e

That is interesting. As a Gordon owner here and there, I think I'd have jumped on that offer in any league I have him, without even looking at my own roster or that of the owner sending me the pick.

At first glance I agree, but then when I think about it I almost think the opposite.  If anything it's ridiculous that RBs are so ridiculously overvalued in 1qb leagues.  I love RBs having lots of val

Who are some relatively inexpensive young RBs (24 or younger before the season starts) you are targeting?  Not talking about players like Dobbins, but more like a RB who can/should cost a mid/late 2nd round pick or a similar quality WR or something like that.

1 hour ago, RC94 said:

Who are some relatively inexpensive young RBs (24 or younger before the season starts) you are targeting?  Not talking about players like Dobbins, but more like a RB who can/should cost a mid/late 2nd round pick or a similar quality WR or something like that.

late 2nd round value and young is kind of no man's land at RB. To buy a guy like that now, it has to be someone expected to be replaced or gain competition, or already have competition that isn't expected to leave. Tony Pollard and Chase Edmonds* are the only 2 guys that come to mind in that description, but Pollard you have to wait for the payoff on, and Edmonds has a chance of losing most of his value by the time the NFL draft is finished. 

I'd also say Damien Harris, but he's probably more of an early 2nd. If the Packers tag Jones, I'll be sending out some 2nd rounder for AJ Dillon offers. 

Then there are a few guys that I'd speculatively buy, but probably not for a 2nd: Myles Gaskin (with all the reports of Miami wanting a new feature back, I'd still buy for a 3rd in case they either strike out, or they get a guy who's not very good in the passing game), Gus Edwards**, K 'Shawn Vaughn (definitely would not give a 2nd for Vaughn, but worth a stab in case it's just him vs. Jones, and Brady/Arians decide they hate Jones again during the season).

Edited by jtd13
Edmonds actually turns 25 this offseason, And Edwards turns 26. Thought these guys were younger
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, jtd13 said:

late 2nd round value and young is kind of no man's land at RB. To buy a guy like that now, it has to be someone expected to be replaced or gain competition, or already have competition that isn't expected to leave. Tony Pollard and Chase Edmonds* are the only 2 guys that come to mind in that description, but Pollard you have to wait for the payoff on, and Edmonds has a chance of losing most of his value by the time the NFL draft is finished. 

I'd also say Damien Harris, but he's probably more of an early 2nd. If the Packers tag Jones, I'll be sending out some 2nd rounder for AJ Dillon offers. 

Then there are a few guys that I'd speculatively buy, but probably not for a 2nd: Myles Gaskin (with all the reports of Miami wanting a new feature back, I'd still buy for a 3rd in case they either strike out, or they get a guy who's not very good in the passing game), Gus Edwards**, K 'Shawn Vaughn (definitely would not give a 2nd for Vaughn, but worth a stab in case it's just him vs. Jones, and Brady/Arians decide they hate Jones again during the season).

Some good picks by jtd. Mattison may fit your criteria. I don't recall his contract situation.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, dewaser said:

How would you guys value Cooper Kupp in 0.5 PPR?

On the one hand, he's going on 28, with an injury history, and on a team that sometimes neglects him in the passing game for stretches. On the other hand, he's got a new QB who loves to sling the ball, put up 92 rec for 974 yds and 3 TD last season while playing injured, and doesn't have too much competition for targets.

Would he be valued around a late first? What would you give for him?

Too rich for me, personally. I don’t think I’d pay more than a mid 2nd.

5 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Too rich for me, personally. I don’t think I’d pay more than a mid 2nd.

Agreed in 0.5 PPR. Full PPR I could see a late 1st.

In one of my leagues Gaskin+Kupp were traded for the 1.09 a few weeks ago, would rather have the 1.09.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RC94 said:

Zack Moss might be a decent gamble. I don't expect much out of him, but Singletary just isn't the answer and Moss profiles better so he's a maybe. 

Myles Gaskin - Everyone seems to expect the Dolphins to take a RB so he might not have value for long. If they don't take a RB then Gaskin is a decent value. 

Darrynton Evans - Was a sleeper candidate by a lot of people last year, Henry gets a monster workload, but he doesn't get passing work a lot. Evans is dynamic and just out from injury so we didn't really get to see what he is. I'd feel decent about him as my RB4-5.

That's it though for young and hopeful really. Might as well just take your favorites from this draft and that are in good landing spots for immediate chances. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Buckna said:

Agreed in 0.5 PPR. Full PPR I could see a late 1st.

In one of my leagues Gaskin+Kupp were traded for the 1.09 a few weeks ago, would rather have the 1.09.

Dang. Give me Kupp and Gaskins all day there.

I guess that’s what makes this game interesting. 

Saquon? Hurt obviously, some people are actually fading the best RB prospect of the last 5 years though so figured I'd ask. What's the gap from someone like Gibson, Sanders, Jacobs, up to Barkley?

I'm thinking like a solid WR2 and a early 2nd rounder is the gap. But I've been wrong before. 

4 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Saquon? Hurt obviously, some people are actually fading the best RB prospect of the last 5 years though so figured I'd ask. What's the gap from someone like Gibson, Sanders, Jacobs, up to Barkley?

I'm thinking like a solid WR2 and a early 2nd rounder is the gap. But I've been wrong before. 

Now that the points have already been lost, probably more. I wouldn't pay much more, but that's what the people who roster him are going to want. Sanders, Gibson, Jacobs are all around a 600 value on DLF. Saquon's about a 930. That's a top of the line WR2 or a decent WR2 and an early second. But you never get full value on your pieces, so...probably more, like I started out with before checking.

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Now that the points have already been lost, probably more. I wouldn't pay much more, but that's what the people who roster him are going to want. Sanders, Gibson, Jacobs are all around a 600 value on DLF. Saquon's about a 930. That's a top of the line WR2 or a decent WR2 and an early second. But you never get full value on your pieces, so...probably more, like I started out with before checking.

At the risk of this being an AC question then, do you feel that would be worth it if you're already stacked with 4 top12 RB's and you only start 2, possibly flex the other 2? 

I don't think it is but I could be convinced I suppose. I already have that positional advantage with my RB's, so getting Saquon, although it's an upgrade, it seems trivial since I already have that advantage. If it were pieces I don't mind losing in addition to the RB I'd give up, I wouldn't really care and I'd do it. But we can't exactly have our way now can we. 

17 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Just a 2nd & WR2 for Barkley? What sort of WR2 then? Seems light to me

2 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

Just a 2nd & WR2 for Barkley? What sort of WR2 then? Seems light to me

In addition to one of the RB's I mentioned, someone like Gibson, Sanders, Jacobs. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

At the risk of this being an AC question then, do you feel that would be worth it if you're already stacked with 4 top12 RB's and you only start 2, possibly flex the other 2? 

I don't think it is but I could be convinced I suppose. I already have that positional advantage with my RB's, so getting Saquon, although it's an upgrade, it seems trivial since I already have that advantage. If it were pieces I don't mind losing in addition to the RB I'd give up, I wouldn't really care and I'd do it. But we can't exactly have our way now can we. 

Ah, I don't know. It would depend on your roster and league. I would say if you're solid at RB that you're probably only getting two more years out of prime Saquon, and that assumes he comes back just fine from injury. That's a lot to ask in the first place. But Gibson and Sanders are both so young that I wouldn't give up a bonafide WR2 and an early second-round pick just to get Saquon in place of them. I'd do it for Jacobs, as I think his value is about to get reevaluated next year unless he starts back with the explosive runs. The Raiders just lost two stalwarts off of their line and are open to dealing Trent Brown, so we're not trending up with Jacobs's supporting cast. Plus, catches for points. They don't let him.

As for Saquon, the Giants line had improved by the end of the year, and they're probably drafting a top-flight receiver, so they might be in business on offense next year. It really depends what you think of Saquon and how much advantage you think he gives you. He's missed about one and a half years now due to various injuries since his first huge year. But he's an otherworldly talent, no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

What's the value of James Robinson or Ridley these days in PPR?

Two different values. Ridley should be off the charts. I always think of DLF numbers when I think of these guys, so bear with me. Ridley is around a 620 right now. James Robinson is like 450. Think of Ridley as worth a little more than a Miles Sanders or Antonio Gibson. Those guys plus a WR3 would get you Ridley. Think of James Robinson as having a similar value to Allen Robinson's. It's about there.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, kutta said:

Dang. Give me Kupp and Gaskins all day there.

I guess that’s what makes this game interesting. 

He was WR 32 in PPG last year in my full PPR. How much would you pay for Jamison Crowder, Cole Beasley, Marvin Jones, Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, or Robby Anderson? They all outscored him in PPG’s. Obviously Stafford looks like an upgrade going forward, but how much of one?

Edited by Buckna
9 hours ago, Buckna said:

He was WR 32 in PPG last year in my full PPR. How much would you pay for Jamison Crowder, Cole Beasley, Marvin Jones, Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, or Robby Anderson? They all outscored him in PPG’s. Obviously Stafford looks like an upgrade going forward, but how much of one?

With Stafford I think he’s much closer to his 2019 self than his 2020 self. 

11 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I traded him before last season and before the injury for Akers, Reagor, a 2021 1st and a 2022 1st. 

At the time everyone in the other thread said it wasn’t enough for Barkley.

I am so high on Akers right now that I’d have a hard time trading him straight up for Barkley.

I’m saying this to say I agree with your eval.

12 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I agree with your valuation.  Of course, "a solid WR2" is such a huge group...

I have the same question between King Henry (in non-PPR) and guys like that.  I contend, in non-PPR, he is the RB1.  Offers like Henry for Jacobs and Golladay are being laughed at.

15 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I think that's the most I would give for Barkley.  He's a great talent, but he's not a "generational" player.  He's had some bad and mediocre games and isn't helped by the rest of that offense.  He's also missed about 1/3 of his career so far and plays a high impact, high injury position so I'm really wary of him for the long term now.  I think there's still a disconnect because most owners, especially now that they sat on him for the season, will want more than that for him.

Edited by RC94
3 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

Who is worth more in PPR, K. Allen or ARob? Allen's value seems to vary wildly. SOme folks don't want him at all, but others value him as a key dynasty WR piece.

I love me some Keenan and not a huge fan of ARob. Keenan is tied to a great young QB for a while now too. 

If Wilson ends up in Chicago and Arob stays around, that could change things.

Edited by kutta
  • Like 2

I'm probably staying away. Even before he hurt himself I was hung up on his style. He is incredible but I think he thinks he is Superman. And he just isn't. At this point I wouldn't be paying up for him at all, even if that is what the market looks like. He is just way too expensive for that kind of investment. For me. See I can be risk averse.

• Like 1

I already have that positional advantage with my RB's, so getting Saquon, although it's an upgrade, it seems trivial since I already have that advantage.

Separate from the very small marginal addition you would be making to your own roster, you would also be taking Saquon away from the rest of the league so he can't be used against you.
I'm not sure how to quantify that edge, but it's something to consider.

9 hours ago, kutta said:

I traded him before last season and before the injury for Akers, Reagor, a 2021 1st and a 2022 1st. 

At the time everyone in the other thread said it wasn’t enough for Barkley.

I am so high on Akers right now that I’d have a hard time trading him straight up for Barkley.

I’m saying this to say I agree with your eval.

I don't see how McVay has shown he would showcase Akers enough to value him over Barkley.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't see how McVay has shown he would showcase Akers enough to value him over Barkley.

At the end of the year when Akers was healthy, he got almost every single backfield touch. I think he showed with certainty that Akers will be featured.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2021 at 10:32 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

This is ffpc, right? 

Sutton/Deebo lose value because you only have to start 2 wr and everyone already has 3-4 guys like Deebo and 2 like Sutton. 

Baker has virtually no value in ffpc non-sf. 

I just received an offer of my 2.09 & 3.09 for Sutton. This was his counter to my 3.09 for Sutton (I was gauging value & would have bought if cheap)

What does everyone think of what he wants for him? WR is not a need for me & this is PPR

1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

I just received an offer of my 2.09 & 3.09 for Sutton. This was his counter to my 3.09 for Sutton (I was gauging value & would have bought if cheap)

What does everyone think of what he wants for him? WR is not a need for me & this is PPR

Sure seems like a good price but if you don't need him then what would this be doing for you? If you have room then maybe as a speculative play to see if he can bounce back and regain his previous value? But, I really haven't seen many deals for him and I do think I would hold him at that price, but I have no idea what his market is. I *like* 3rds a lot and hustle for them as much as I can. But, I also don't give a #### about them whatsoever. I know that sounds weird but from that perspective this is just the 2.09 for Sutton. Who are you going to get there with that kind of upside?

This is one of those ones that would make my head spin, like I really don't want to buy him but dang you're practically giving him to me. My other biggest hangup would be that I love the flexibility of current draft picks and although 2.09 isn't much it might be packaged for something else. But so could Sutton theoretically. Clear as mud right?

2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I wouldn’t trade Sutton for that in any format.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I get mad reading this thread and the trades thread sometimes because some of ya'll's league are guppies. I'm buying Sutton all day for 2.09 and 3.09 easily, and I'd probably even offer a future 2nd because I feel bad. 

Jeudy isn't a #1, and he's barely even a #2. Get on board now for Sutton and you'll be happy. He's the easiest buy all offseason. And yet I can't find him for cheap anywhere. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

It's wild you actually sent the lowest of low-ball offers of 3.09 for sutton. But then for the guy to offer back what he countered with is even more unbelievable

• Like 2

just sent over an offer and was told not close. I was a little taken aback as I almost revoked thinking I was giving up to much.  So I ask the forum what they think. 

Tyreek Hill, C. Samuel, C. Edmonds
or

Mclaurin, K. Murray, Higbee, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd

Both teams competitive. Team giving up K. Murray has D. Watson at QB. Team giving up higbee has Kelce at TE. 

12 team ppr. Start 1qb, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR (total of 4), 1 TE. 20 roster spots.

Edited by smbkrypt24
24 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

just sent over an offer and was told not close. I was a little taken aback as I almost revoked thinking I was giving up to much.  So I ask the forum what they think. 

or

Both teams competitive. Team giving up K. Murray has D. Watson at QB. Team giving up higbee has Kelce at TE. 

One of the issues with this deal are the add-ons...Samuel had a nice year last year, is only 24 and might land somewhere in FA where he takes on a bigger role...as of now Edmonds is the de facto starting RB for the Cards, that could change after FA/the draft but until it does that is what it looks like right now...once you add in those it is much more than just giving up one of the best assets in fantasy in Hill.

I know this will probably be all over the board but what is the current value of Ezekiel Elliott. 

I know things are situational but here is the situation:

1. Guy with Zeke has no other RB but the 2nd pick of the draft. 

2. His roster needs serious help.

I am picking 1.07 in a 10 teamer.  Tradeable assets are: Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Fournette, Gaskin, Julio Jones, Will Fuller, DJ Chark.

Everyone else seems pretty unmentionable: Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Antonio Gibson, CMC are viewed as worth more than Zeke (currently rostered on my team) but just curious what anyone thinks Zeke would move for in a rebuilding team. 

14 minutes ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

I know this will probably be all over the board but what is the current value of Ezekiel Elliott. 

I am picking 1.07 in a 10 teamer.  Tradeable assets are: Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Fournette, Gaskin, Julio Jones, Will Fuller, DJ Chark.

Everyone else seems pretty unmentionable: Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Antonio Gibson, CMC are viewed as worth more than Zeke (currently rostered on my team) but just curious what anyone thinks Zeke would move for in a rebuilding team. 

If I had Zeke and wanted to rebuild (and I have moved him in a couple spots like that this offseason), I wouldn't really want any of those pieces except Chark. I like all the names you mentioned as unmentionable, but ARob and Evans are too old for a rebuild, and Gibson and CMC are untouchable and wouldn't make sense for you, most likely. 

I would be probing you for Chark plus a 1st. Not that you would pay it but I'm not in a huge hurry to move Zeke for less than something fairly premium. I like Chark a lot and think he is undervalued. But he is on *your* roster and I'm telling you what I would be coming for if I was the other guy. Personally I wouldn't be buying Zeke in the first place. If I were you and wanted to I would try to move Evans.

14 minutes ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

He's worth more to the people who have him than those looking to acquire.

So it kind of depends on who initiates the trade.

If you have him, you're likely selling at a loss to move him.

If you're buying, you probably have to give a little more than you think he's worth.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

If I had Zeke and wanted to rebuild (and I have moved him in a couple spots like that this offseason), I wouldn't really want any of those pieces except Chark. I like all the names you mentioned as unmentionable, but ARob and Evans are too old for a rebuild, and Gibson and CMC are untouchable and wouldn't make sense for you, most likely. 

I would be probing you for Chark plus a 1st. Not that you would pay it but I'm not in a huge hurry to move Zeke for less than something fairly premium. I like Chark a lot and think he is undervalued. But he is on *your* roster and I'm telling you what I would be coming for if I was the other guy. Personally I wouldn't be buying Zeke in the first place. If I were you and wanted to get Zeke I would try to move Evans.

Edited by barackdhouse
Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

He's worth more to the people who have him than those looking to acquire.

So it kind of depends on who initiates the trade.

If you have him, you're likely selling at a loss to move him.

If you're buying, you probably have to give a little more than you think he's worth.

bingo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

Are you saying you value Evans and Robinson over Zeke? I definitely don't agree with that.

I've seen some limited but recent dynasty ADP data, it's for FFPC but you can relate it and Zeke is player 25, RB15, and that sounds about right to me though for sure I'd rather have some RB's who are drafted after him .Those two WR's are 5th rounders.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Sure seems like a good price but if you don't need him then what would this be doing for you? If you have room then maybe as a speculative play to see if he can bounce back and regain his previous value? But, I really haven't seen many deals for him and I do think I would hold him at that price, but I have no idea what his market is. I *like* 3rds a lot and hustle for them as much as I can. But, I also don't give a #### about them whatsoever. I know that sounds weird but from that perspective this is just the 2.09 for Sutton. Who are you going to get there with that kind of upside?

This is one of those ones that would make my head spin, like I really don't want to buy him but dang you're practically giving him to me. My other biggest hangup would be that I love the flexibility of current draft picks and although 2.09 isn't much it might be packaged for something else. But so could Sutton theoretically. Clear as mud right?

you take Sutton and either flip him in season or move another WR in the offseason for better value. This is almost "free" imo, if you consider his upside versus the upside of the 2.09 (and the much slimmer chance of hitting that upside).

3 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

you take Sutton and either flip him in season or move another WR in the offseason for better value. This is almost "free" imo, if you consider his upside versus the upside of the 2.09 (and the much slimmer chance of hitting that upside).

Yeah I doubt I could say no

13 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I get mad reading this thread and the trades thread sometimes because some of ya'll's league are guppies. I'm buying Sutton all day for 2.09 and 3.09 easily, and I'd probably even offer a future 2nd because I feel bad. 

Yeah this would be the type of offer I would quickly accept and then sit and wait for the other owner to notify the league that he messed up and left out a future 1st from his offer and ask for it to be reversed.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Boston said:

One of the issues with this deal are the add-ons...Samuel had a nice year last year, is only 24 and might land somewhere in FA where he takes on a bigger role...as of now Edmonds is the de facto starting RB for the Cards, that could change after FA/the draft but until it does that is what it looks like right now...once you add in those it is much more than just giving up one of the best assets in fantasy in Hill.

I was the side giving up T. Hill with those add-ons and being told I am “not close.“

• Like 1
6 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

or

I'd rather have this side by a fair amount. I think McLaurin and Murray should be enough to get Hill, with some change.

So, I have it as:

McLaurin + Murray = Tyreek + Chase
1st, Higbee, 2nd >>>>Samuel

You could maybe argue Samuel and Chase should be swapped here but in that case I still would take the picks and Higbee over Chase by a lot.

16 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

I was the side giving up T. Hill with those add-ons and being told I am “not close.“

BTW if I was the other guy I would definitely be trying hard to get this done because I hate holding *extra* elite QBs and if I could package something for Hill I would. Even though I, too, might have responded with something like "not close", I also would be countering and trying to find something. 

I like to take this as yet another opportunity to gripe about how guys put players on the trading block, you make an offer and they say it's not close... but they don't counter trying to tell you what WOULD be close.

I've expressed interest in your player now tell me what you're looking for!

Nothing sours me on owner and a league faster than guys doing this.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

or

I like the Reek side as I generally favor the side of the deal with the best player but it's not lopsided by any means.  

I've been putting players OTB and then posting a message about it and what kind of deal I might be looking for. Then like clockwork 3 or 4 lowball offers come in within seconds for players I *didn't* put on the block. Not that they're untouchable (they are) but come on.

• Sad 1