What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (12 Viewers)

Currently 8 players in IR. 3 more than last year. Another product of Pace signing injury-prone players. 

5 WRs, 5 RBs, and 5 TEs in the 53 in the modern day nfl. Smh

Last edited by a moderator:
#Bears claimed LS Andrew DePaola, WR Tre McBride and RB Taquan Mizzell off waivers. Gentry to practice squad. 

Love the Mcbride claim. Should replace Thompson. And Mizzell looked great in preseason. Probably means end for Cunningham. 

Shaw on IR. Bears now entering season with 9 players on IR.  Looks like that new strength and conditioning program is failing. 

Bears say they waived RB Jeremy Langford, TE Ben Braunecker and LS Jeff Overbaugh to make room for the three waiver claims.

Still 5 RBs on roster. No reason for that. Can't figure why they have a FB. 

Pace lucked put on Gentry. Back to practice squad. Bellamy and Thompson are terrible but both play special teams. The Wheaton signing was moronic. Never been able to stay healthy. If White flops again, that will be another spot to fill at wr. So pretty much one of the worst wr core in the league.  Alshon was pretty much it and they felt comfortable moving on without him. Now with the Meredith injury, there's no one left. Bad gamble 

Deiondre Hall to IR. Now makes 10 players on IR before the season begins. You can forget about the team being healthier this year. It's not a coincidence. 

Bears say they waived RB Jeremy Langford, TE Ben Braunecker and LS Jeff Overbaugh to make room for the three waiver claims.

Still 5 RBs on roster. No reason for that. Can't figure why they have a FB. 
What are you wondering about they are screaming what they plan to do this year. Gonna look a lot like the start of that 4th pre-season game. Run - run - run - run -..... If Howard is still alive at the end of the season I will be amazed.

Bears WR Markus Wheaton, per John Fox, is only catching Nerf footballs right now as his surgically fixed pinkie finger heals.

John Fox on if he’s comfortable with wide receiver depth: “I’d say yes." :rolleyes:

WRs: Wright, White, Wheaton, Bellamy, Thompson, Mcbride. 

Again, I'm backtracking on starting Trubisky, but not because he isn't the better qb.  Fox and Loggains are both idiots and have no idea how to manage a young QB. They've made very little effort in improving the wr core. Now, who knows when Long will be back.  Oh, and Fox is an idiot.  Just keep Mitch on the bench and save him for a coach with a brain. 

Man the cold water was thrown on this season real quick. Holy #### we can't even go into week one with a little excitement. 

Man the cold water was thrown on this season real quick. Holy #### we can't even go into week one with a little excitement. 
There will be an uproar if/when Fox blows it again.  The press conference was pathetic. Very disingenuous. Acts like he's already moved on. The stadium will be empty again and he'll be out of a job if they have another losing record. 

flapgreen said:
Again, I'm backtracking on starting Trubisky, but not because he isn't the better qb.  Fox and Loggains are both idiots and have no idea how to manage a young QB. They've made very little effort in improving the wr core. Now, who knows when Long will be back.  Oh, and Fox is an idiot.  Just keep Mitch on the bench and save him for a coach with a brain. 
Wait, What?

If you think Trubisky gives the Bears the best chance at winning every week, then why would you change your mind? 

Wait, What?

If you think Trubisky gives the Bears the best chance at winning every week, then why would you change your mind? 
Because I think Fox and Loggains are fools and have no clue what they're doing.  I'm not saying it would be the right decision. Trubisky should be starting but I'm banking on Fox being dumb enough to keep him out now.  He screwed up the whole handling of the Cutler situation last year. He already seems confused about this situation. Just keep him away from Fox so he doesn't get tainted. Fox will be gone after this year anyway. 

Because I think Fox and Loggains are fools and have no clue what they're doing.  I'm not saying it would be the right decision. Trubisky should be starting but I'm banking on Fox being dumb enough to keep him out now.  He screwed up the whole handling of the Cutler situation last year. He already seems confused about this situation. Just keep him away from Fox so he doesn't get tainted. Fox will be gone after this year anyway. 
Just to be clear. Starting Glennon gives the Bears the best chance to win games? Or was all your bluster the last 4 weeks pointless?

Just to be clear. Starting Glennon gives the Bears the best chance to win games? Or was all your bluster the last 4 weeks pointless?
Not a chance. Trubisky gives the team the best chance to win and it isn't close. My concern is with coaching.  I think they'll only get him hurt and won't be here next year. 

Fox actually being honest on the coach's show. Omg

HC John Fox "He (Trubisky) is way beyond our expectations." #Bears

Fox says receiver position is biggest question mark: "I'm not going to say it's a weakness but it's one we've got to figure out quickly."

Pretty obvious Pace shares the same sentiment as most others did. 

Pace when asked about Trubisky reinserted in Browns game late to throw: "I'm past that, man. We're focused on Atlanta."

Loggains reaction: No comment 

#Bears rookie safety Eddie Jackson earned a 78.3 overall grade this preseason, higher than both Jabrill Peppers and Jamal Adams https://t.co/GmhuGn8HRf

We can now put to rest the next time someone calls for taking a safety in the top 5

Why isn't he an upgrade?  What did Cutler do to make himself so beloved?  Cutler is a 69-72 over his career.  That's a lot of chances for not much result.  It's never all the QBs fault, but many, many times in his career it really was his fault  They ran him out of DEN.  They ran him out of CHI.  He is the modern day Jeff George.  I don't put Cutler in the top 20.   He has never been able to lead a team nor do the little things that mean a big difference in the end result.

I doubt Cutler is the extreme locker room cancer that the media pushes, but what he showed on the field wasn't good.

Glennon gets his shot.  I think he can prove he's the CHI QB for the next few years, and an upgrade to Cutler.  CHI would be better off fixing their many, many other problems. 
Wrong

#Bears rookie safety Eddie Jackson earned a 78.3 overall grade this preseason, higher than both Jabrill Peppers and Jamal Adams https://t.co/GmhuGn8HRf

We can now put to rest the next time someone calls for taking a safety in the top 5
Let me know how he finished after the regular season, when it matters. Not only that but I've always thought Peppers was trash as an NFL prospect. 

You and I appear to be the only two Bear fans to see this.    I hope we are wrong and while I know Cutler lost a number of games for us, I also saw him win some for us.   Glennon doesn't seem like he is going to win a game for us.    He may not lose them for us either, but I don't see him making anywhere close to the throws that Cutler made (sometimes spectacularly, sometimes horribly).  

If Trubisky is there at 3, I am all in.   If not, lose them all this year and take one next year.
This guy had it way early on. Nice job, MD

That's what is being said. Even so, most experts are saying that none of this year's QBs is worth the third pick. So the question really is whether this year's 4th best QB (assuming one falls to the second round) is better than the 3rd or 4th next year? Also keep in mind that if more teams take a QB this year, the less competition we may have next year to get one.

Disclaimer: I am quite intrigued by the kid Allen coming out next year.
"Experts" in the media don't know ####. Learn from their ignorance this season and quit listening to them. They're just talking heads.

I hope some of you guys are right and Pace has some grand scheme to put the Bears at the top. I'll be the first to admit being wrong.  Until then, I think Pace is throwing darts at a dart board and hoping he hits it lucky.  Lame duck coach. Signed a free agent qb to a big one year contract. When was the last time that even happened in the NFL?  Doubt Pace has some elaborate scheme and is setting some new trend.  If his plan was to move on from Cutler in this fashion, I question his reasoning abilities.  

I think he's great talent evaluator but wasn't ready to be GM of a franchise yet.  It's pretty evident what his approach has been. Learning from the mistakes that were made in New Orleans and avoiding any large contracts.  The problem is that he's left the team with no continuity and multiple one year contracts over the past two years and now left searching for a new qb in his third year of a "rebuild" when teams are supposed to be coming out of it.  His team has even less talent and may be at its worst in his fourth year.  I can't imagine this is the position he wanted to be in.  I'm cynical toward the Bears situation, as I think most Bears fans are at this point.  Nothing they have done makes me think they have figured out some secretive winning plan.  Each move looks even more confusing than the last. 
I'll revisit this by the end of the season but drafting a franchise qb could change everything. Still think his FA have been questionable, at best. Glennon was terrible. Signing guys with injury history is dumb. But his drafting is on point. If he nails this draft and the coming ones, the FA stuff won't even matter

I think one of these guys is worth a second round pick with the CHANCE of them becoming a franchise guy. But since most experts don't believe they will be, it's not worth the risk of taking them at 3, a place you normally take a sure thing.
There's that "experts" tag again.

Can't believe you want Bears to take a QB first.  You are nuts.  QB class next year will be much better.

If nothing else, they could trade 1 next year and a 2 for a chance to get Clemson QB after they take safety at 3 this year.
Not so nuts now

I think you look for a franchise level QB every draft and if you feel one is there when you pick you take him unless you already have one in his prime.  If they feel one of the QB's coming out this year is really one of those guys, sure take him.  (I'm not sure I think any of them are, but I'm just an idiot on a message board and I'm telling myself not to get to worked up if they take a guy I don't think will work)  If a guy they think is a franchise level qb is there when they pick next year, you take him almost regardless of what you do with QB this year.
Very good call

Just saw GrudensCamp with Kizer. Kid seems like he might be a good pick. Starting to soften my stance on taking a QB at 3, but not completely sold yet. I guess it comes down to the combination of players you get in the first and second. Do you go Kizer/best remaining CB, DE, S or do you go Adams/Lattimore/Allen and best QB remaining in the second?

And to answer one of your questions, yes, I'd take another QB next year if they take one in the second or below.
Kizer may end up being the best of the class. He was my top guy coming out. Still can't believe he fell to the second.

If Pace takes a qb, Trubiskey seems like the least likely to be taken.  Least experience. Looked to the sideline for most of his plays.  Leaving Mahomes, Watson, and Kizer

Watson-Great under pressure. Ultimate competitor. Average arm but good enough to be a quality NFL QB.  A lot of experience. Ceiling not as high as Mahomes or Kizer. Didn't run a pro-style offense and arm strength could be limiting factor

Kizer- Has all the tools. Strong arm. Big guy. Very good in pocket and played in most pro-style offense. Can make all the throws.  A lot of experience. Questionable footwork amd decision making at times. Can be hesitant to make a throw and not trust his read.  Not a great second year and struggled with his coaching. 

Mahomes - Booming arm. Had a lot of responsibilities. His team sucked. Similar to Cutler in a lot of ways. Questionable decision making and footwork because of his arm and feeling the need to carry his team.  Makes magnificent throws sometimes. Has the highest ceiling, along with Kizer. Oozes confidence. 

Take your pick, Pace. Mahomes and Kizer will need a lot of coaching up to reign in their talents. Both could melt down and bust without good coaching.  With good coaching, both could be stars. 
Sure missed on the Trubisky call. Amazing how much he's learned so quick. Sky's the limit. Still think Mahomes and Kizer could have high ceilings

Here's the difference. GM and teams aren't just telling every draft analyst and reporter what they're going to do and what they think of each qb. If four go in the first round, we'll know the chatter this whole time was just noise.  These idiot analysts never have to answer for being wrong. Pace doesn't give a damn what they're saying. 

And if you're taking a qb in the second, you also expect him to be your franchise qb.  And if you're looking for a franchise qb, it would make the most sense to take the best available 
Pace is the absolute master at keeping things secretive. Trading up and taking Trubisky was the best kept secret this franchise ever had. I hammered Pace for a lot of things he said leading up to the draft and in FA.  He was fooling everyone, including me all along.

So which analysts are you referring to as idiots? Guys who worked for NFL teams as scouts, GMs, coaches? Because those are the guys I pay attention to. According to many of them, these QBs grade out at 2nd rounders, MAYBE late 1st at best. All have major holes. None are "franchise" QBs. So why piss away 1.3 on one? 
Another lesson on not lesson on not listening to the "experts."

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking a QB at 3. I've read that this is one of the best classes of DBs (S and CB) EVER. If that's the case, it seems a waste to take one that high when you can still get a very good one in the second.

Lets swing for the fences. Not much has worked in past years, why not try something different, something they haven't tried in, what, 30 years? If it doesn't work, I'd rather fail trying. And if Glennon is not the answer, you'll get a high pick again next year and can try again.

That said, I still think it would be best to do everything you can to get a deal going with Cleveland to move down to their #12, while picking up extra picks along the way. At 12, take the best QB available.

And flap, this ones for you: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bears-should-draft-quarterback-biggs-spt-0425-20170424-column.html
You got it!

I wouldn't be opposed to Trubiskey honestly, with a year of learning behind Glennon and ummm, Sanchez. If Trubiskey is still on the board at 3, I'd get on the phone with the Browns and offer them the third, telling them they're considering taking Trubiskey. If no deal, take him.
Nailed it

Going down memory lane a little. What a crazy few months it's been. Definitely the most exciting off-season the Bears have had in years.

Extremely thin at OLB and we have the cap space. Strange time to cut him. Any further injuries there or wr and we're screwed. Need to make a trade for Allen Hurns. 

Users who are viewing this thread