• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

• packersfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't.  And I've made my feelings on that clear for many, many months.  I don't believe there should be any requirement for investigators to like the people they're investigating.  I don't

The defense being put forth by Trump Levin Dershowitz and our own house Gary Johnson supporters is that a candidate can give unlimited funds to his own campaign.  Therefore Trump can pay off the women

My whole office is almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.  The managing partner of my firm just had to use an inhaler to breathe.

Just now, Don't Noonan said:
2 minutes ago, adonis said:

Let's just outlaw personal opinions for all FBI agents.  Republicans, get on this stat.  Put a law in place, let's legislate thought crimes.

you're kidding, right?   Why to attorneys screen jurors for people with bias?  Having FBI agents on team Mueller is just a nothingburger huh?  wow

Attorney's don't ask jurors if they have opinions.  They ask if they have opinions, whether they can set them aside and be fair.  If they say yes, they go on the jury.

There are real lawyers here, not just folks like me who watch Matlock, so correct me if I"m wrong.  You don't get a jury that's free of all biases. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The fact that Republicans cannot currently conceive of having an emotion and also being impartial and doing your job is about all everyone needs to know about the state of the union right now.

I'd be fairly curious to see the texts of these GOP Congressmen in oh say 2015 and early 2016 or what the heck even late 2016. Probably some amusing anti-Trump offal in there.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 3

Henry Ford said:

The fact that Republicans cannot currently conceive of having an emotion and also being impartial and doing your job is about all everyone needs to know about the state of the union right now.

"How can you have an opinion and do your job at the same time? Because we would really like to know how that is done."

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I hate the FBI

FBI has acquitted itself very well today.

Only downside, is that the GOP has embarrassed themselves in the process.  There is no need for this - and some of the cheap shots are just that - and a reflection on the morals and characters of the members. 

6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

you're kidding, right?   Why to attorneys screen jurors for people with bias?  Having FBI agents on team Mueller is just a nothingburger huh?  wow

News flash:  all judges and jurors have biases.   Somehow we still have a justice system.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I'm going to try this slowly.

What's the difference between an investigating officer and a juror?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

News flash:  all judges and jurors have biases.   Somehow we still have a justice system.

Second news flash - investigating officers don't get to sit on the jury for the case.

Because - and this is interesting - they're assumed to be biased.

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

FBI has acquitted itself very well today.

Only downside, is that the GOP has embarrassed themselves in the process.  There is no need for this - and some of the cheap shots are just that - and a reflection on the morals and characters of the members. 

Nah.  They are finally learning that you don't fight nice against traitors.  

17 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

agree that this idiot Strzok is disgraceful

Is there anything coming out of this hearing besides his bias?

- Did he call any reporters, do any leaks?

- Did he suppress evidence?

- Did he plant evidence?

This is for HT or Weebs or any TrumpGuys, just curious what actual Bad Things Strzok did is coming out of this. Anything?

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm going to try this slowly.

What's the difference between an investigating officer and a juror?

speed it up so we can get on the same page, Strzok is clearly biased and him lying that it didn't affect his work is comical.

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

- Did he plant evidence?

This is for HT or Weebs or any TrumpGuys, just curious what actual Bad Things Strzok did is coming out of this. Anything?

WHAT did he do to prevent Trump from being elected?

Seriously people, hate the guy all you want but WHAT did he actually do to prevent Trump from being elected? THAT is all that matters here. 

• Like 1
Just now, packersfan said:

Seriously people, hate the guy all you want but WHAT did he actually do to prevent Trump from being elected? THAT is all that matters here. 

Or even try to?

Floor's open, I'm just curious, this man had the power to hurt the man he despised so much, did he do nothing to effectuate that?

• Like 2
Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Or even try to?

Floor's open, I'm just curious, this man had the power to hurt the man he despised so much, did he do nothing to effectuate that?

It's amazing how they just don't want to address the only thing that matters.

Strike that, it's not amazing at all.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

speed it up so we can get on the same page, Strzok is clearly biased and him lying that it didn't affect his work is comical.

Investigating officers don't have to be impartial, and in fact it shouldn't be a goal that they are.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

- Did he plant evidence?

sure, an admitted bias guy against Trump put on team Mueller is a nothingburger, I am sure nothing unethical was done.  Strzok just said as much......:D.  I believe we will find out more info which will lead to perjury charges for this idiot.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

In most cases, Strzok would survive a "for cause" challenge so long as he swore that his preconceived opinions would not impact his ability to carry out his duty as a juror.  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

- Did he plant evidence?

I'm interested as well.  I certainly don't want people who break the law in the FBI just like I don't want them in the Senate or Oval Office.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

sure, an admitted bias guy against Trump put on team Mueller is a nothingburger, I am sure nothing unethical was done.  Strzok just said as much......:D.  I believe we will find out more info which will lead to perjury charges for this idiot.

I'm not being difficult, but it sounds like you're saying nothing concrete, no instances of misbehavior, have come out of this.

• Like 3
Just now, adonis said:

Appropriate disgust directed at disgusting individuals is now considered bias, and should cause people to recuse them from an investigation regarding disgusting person.

"Your honor, clearly this case should be dismissed.  The officers investigating my client obviously have some kind of personal issue with Mr. Dahmer."

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Wait, is that fair game now? I called Trump an idiot once and got bounced for a day.

You're probably right.  I like to think truth is a defense, but of course it isn't.

2 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Yikes. Bad day for the FBI.

Yep.  It's a bad day for our entire justice system when its very integrity is being questioned by our legislators...who are divided on clearly partisan lines while nearly half are complaining that bias makes you incapable of performing your job..

• Like 6

LOL at conservatives suddenly thinking it's a bad idea for the police to have biases.

edit: welcome to the other side of the mirror. You guys spent the past 100 years belittling anyone who cried about police bias, and now you're getting a taste of equal justice.

Edited by Joe Summer
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, packersfan said:

So if a terrorist tries to blow up Times Square but the bomb malfunctions and doesn't go off, why press charges he didn't hurt anyone?

Just now, -fish- said:

Yep.  It's a bad day for our entire justice system when its very integrity is being questioned by our legislators...who are divided on clearly partisan lines while nearly half are complaining that bias makes you incapable of performing your job..

"Detective, what's your opinion of the man you concluded raped and murdered the twelve children you were looking into?"

"I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other."

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

So should we fire anyone in LE who makes a racist joke too?  Using this logic, shouldn't Trump's hate of Hillary and Obama preclude him from being President too?  He's biased right? 

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

newsflash:

law enforcement sometimes thinks that the target of their investigation is a scumbag.

Are we going to have a hearing every time an investigator hates the pedophile he's investigating?

so incredibly dumb and blindly partisan.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

So if a terrorist tries to blow up Times Square but the bomb malfunctions and doesn't go off, why press charges he didn't hurt anyone?

Whoah, whoah - sounds like you've really pre-judged this terrorist.  He hasn't been convicted of anything yet.  Why so biased against him?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

LOL at conservatives suddenly thinking it's a bad idea for the police to have biases.

edit: welcome to the other side of the mirror. You guys spent the past 100 years belittling anyone who cried about police bias, and now you're getting a taste of equal justice.

I'm sure they will propose a bill to fire any LEO who uses a racial slur right away.  

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

Good point. You prosecute the terrorist because there’s evidence he tried to commit a crime. 

There’s no evidence that Strzok did. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

When all else fails, bust out a terrible analogy.

• Like 6