What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (10 Viewers)

One thing I hadn't considered...  why would Trump be so adamant about wanting a tower in Moscow?  The answer is simple.  His business is a giant money laundering operation, so why not go to the source of the river?  Face Putin resisted, despite having mounds of dirt on Trump's illicit dealings over the years, is that he didn't trust Trump and co to have dirt on him and his oligarchs.  No thank you, we'd rather launder through others than trust the Trump org.
From Trump's perspective it's easy...he's greedy and cares about money more than anything.  He's driven by the biggest and the best and this would have been the biggest deal of his life, worth hundreds of millions so just as Trump says, he's a a business man so of course he's going to try and do business.  

From Putin's POV he doesn't care about a building, he's got the much bigger picture in mind.  He cares about the removal of sanctions against Russia and oligarchs which is what Putin has wanted most of all since 2014 and is worth 10's / 100's of billions to Russia, the oligarchs and their economy. 

So you dangle a HUGE business deal in front of Trump (like a steak in front of a dog on Tom and Jerry) and say it's yours but in order to do so we need to remove these sanctions so we can have VTB finance this deal.

One thing I hadn't considered...  why would Trump be so adamant about wanting a tower in Moscow?  The answer is simple.  His business is a giant money laundering operation, so why not go to the source of the river?  Face Putin resisted, despite having mounds of dirt on Trump's illicit dealings over the years, is that he didn't trust Trump and co to have dirt on him and his oligarchs.  No thank you, we'd rather launder through others than trust the Trump org.
Putin wouldn’t work with someone like Trump who is so undisciplined. He used his Presidental run as a way to divide our nation and weaken the expected Clinton presidency. Him winning is just a cherry on top. If they don’t get everything they were hoping for (sanctions relief) then that’s still ok. Eventually he’s gonna turn against Trump because he’s no longer useful with a divided Congress.

Trumpese

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

More

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.” @FoxNews That’s because there was NO COLLUSION. So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,...
Where there's Smock there's Fire

David Corn‏Verified account @DavidCornDC

Here’s a very simple but important question for @realDonaldTrump: After you received an intelligence briefing in mid-August 2016 and were told the Russians were behind the DNC hacks, why did you continue to publicly deny Moscow was the culprit?

5:31 AM - 10 Dec 2018

Here’s a very simple but important question for @realDonaldTrump: After you received an intelligence briefing in mid-August 2016 and were told the Russians were behind the DNC hacks, why did you continue to publicly deny Moscow was the culprit?

It was a smockscreen 

and his simple answer would be that his gut was telling him it might not be the Russians.  might be, might not be, could be anybody really.  who knows?  and his supporters will shrug and say 'he's right, who knows?'  

very few seem to care about this and it's being under reported but this will also end up being significant and another aspect to the wide ranging attack / infiltration of the Russians and their money / influence into Trump / the Repubs.....The piece against Trump will be the funneling of Russian money into the election via the NRA, it'll likely be devastating to the NRA and damaging to numerous Republicans looking for funding from Russians.

Shimon Prokupecz‏Verified account @ShimonPro

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to have reached a plea deal in her criminal case. Her attorneys & prosecutors filed a request for a “change of plea” hearing as soon as tomorrow. “The parties have resolved this matter,” the filing in DC federal court said. @kpolantz

7:53 AM - 10 Dec 2018

Trumpese

More

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.” @FoxNews That’s because there was NO COLLUSION. So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,...
This gets to Joe S’s point further up. Trump’s not falling on his sword, saying it was out of shame, asking for sympathy. He’s claiming he was very legal and very cool, it’s none of the public’s business, and it’s his lawyer’s fault.

very few seem to care about this and it's being under reported but this will also end up being significant and another aspect to the wide ranging attack / infiltration of the Russians and their money / influence into Trump / the Repubs.....The piece against Trump will be the funneling of Russian money into the election via the NRA, it'll likely be devastating to the NRA and damaging to numerous Republicans looking for funding from Russians.

Shimon Prokupecz‏Verified account @ShimonPro

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to have reached a plea deal in her criminal case. Her attorneys & prosecutors filed a request for a “change of plea” hearing as soon as tomorrow. “The parties have resolved this matter,” the filing in DC federal court said. @kpolantz

7:53 AM - 10 Dec 2018
Gee, I hope this doesn't curtail any mass shootings. 

He could get out of this without admitting to collusion. All he would have to say is “Because I didn’t believe the what the Russians may have done had any effect on the results of the election. I still don’t. So I didn’t want to draw attention to if because it might place a shadow on the legitimacy of my election, and that would be bad for the country.” 

He could get out of this without admitting to collusion. All he would have to say is “Because I didn’t believe the what the Russians may have done had any effect on the results of the election. I still don’t. So I didn’t want to draw attention to if because it might place a shadow on the legitimacy of my election, and that would be bad for the country.” 
He won't say any of that. He'll say 'they were wrong about Iraq" (they weren't) or something.

Well Tim the good thing is that the thin gruel of Trump’s bull#### is about to be put through the OSC truth machine.

Trumpese

More

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He had to have manually overridden auto-correct, right?

Some of these people have existed in, and been enabled within, a world of fantasy, lies and partisan spin so long that they can’t deal with the sober realities of the judicial system, whose big wheels keep on turning even when you shout at them to stop.  
This is still my favorite part:

Corsi claims that because he investigated Hillary Clinton's missing emails in 2016 and guessed Wikileaks would leak hacked emails from Clinton's campaign chairman, Mueller has unfairly targeted him.
He just happened to guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread