What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (12 Viewers)

I would too, if it were a criminal act of terrorism that killed thousands of people.  It's doubtful I would apply the same scrutiny to a publisher that leaked emails and didn't commit a crime at all.  
I didn’t say he spoke with the people who committed the acts of terrorism on 9/11.  I said Osama Bin Laden. 

Biff84 said:
How did the dossier influence the election?
1 lent gravitas to the “trump is a Russian puppet” narrative by publishing news stories that FBI was investigating Trump Russia

2 via FISA warrants and one hop rule, gave Clinton allies access to campaign communications 

Last edited by a moderator:
1 lent gravitas to the “trump is a Russian puppet” narrative by publishing news stories that FBI was investigating Trump Russia

2 via FISA warrants and one hop rule, gave Clinton allies access to campaign communications 
1 by being published well after the election?

2 this happened when again?

1 by being published well after the election?

2 this happened when again?
1 articles were published before the election

2 “outside contractors” had access to raw FISA data, FBI paid Steele and had a working relationship with him, Ohr’s wife worked for Fusion GPS and they passed intel

1 articles were published before the election

2 “outside contractors” had access to raw FISA data, FBI paid Steele and had a working relationship with him, Ohr’s wife worked for Fusion GPS and they passed intel
1 you claimed how the dossier helped. It was published in January of 2017

2 who do you believe had such acces to fisa and what in the world do you think that had to do with the dossier?  And wow another giant reach going on...dude

1 you claimed how the dossier helped. It was published in January of 2017

2 who do you believe had such acces to fisa and what in the world do you think that had to do with the dossier?  And wow another giant reach going on...dude
The unverified dossier was a key component to getting the FISA warrants and to getting reporting out that Trump was being investigated.  

If I use the same level of the evidence to determine “proof” for Trump that you’re using here, how many crimes would Trump be guilty of?

So, the Hillary campaign concocted a scheme with members of the CIA, FBI, NSA, DoJ, FISA judges, Austrialian and English diplomats, multiple law firms, a former head of MI-6, and the Russian government? 

This plan went into action well before the Primary when it wasn't clear Trump would be the nominee, and all of the polls showed HRC held had a commanding lead.

20+ year US intelligence agents put their very careers on the line to take down a presumptive nominee who was a huge underdog anyways.

Even after all of that, all they got out of it was a single article in Yahoo news.

That's a hell of a conspiracy you've spun, Rove!.

So, the Hillary campaign concocted a scheme with members of the CIA, FBI, NSA, DoJ, FISA judges, Austrialian and English diplomats, multiple law firms, a former head of MI-6, and the Russian government? 

This plan went into action well before the Primary when it wasn't clear Trump would be the nominee, and all of the polls showed HRC held had a commanding lead.

20+ year US intelligence agents put their very careers on the line to take down a presumptive nominee who was a huge underdog anyways.

Even after all of that, all they got out of it was a single article in Yahoo news.

"Deep State be deeping"

/theusualsuspects

When you put it like that it seems so obvious. 

It's the derp state

I have mentioned this several times - about Weisselberg - but I thought it bears repeating to temper expectations of where various Trump investigations might be going:

Trump Org's Weisselberg not cooperating with feds, sources say

Cohen brought up Trump Organization Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg several times when discussing the hush-money payments Cohen made to women who claim past affairs with Trump — affairs the president has repeatedly denied.

Weisselberg received immunity to testify before a federal grand jury in New York during the course of the investigation into the payments, The Wall Street Journal, NBC News and others reported last summer. Cohen pleaded guilty in August to tax and bank fraud as well as to campaign finance violations tied to those hush-money payments.

Some news outlets have suggested Weisselberg's testimony means he is cooperating with federal probes involving Cohen, the president and the Trump Organization. But three people with direct knowledge of the matter tell NBC News that Weisselberg is not cooperating, has never been a cooperating witness, and has provided limited details in the course of his testimony.

A person close to the Trump Organization tells NBC News that Weisselberg is still with the Trump Organization and defends Trump and the company.

The immunity that Weissleberg received in the Cohen case was not a blanket immunity deal that opened the doors to Trump Org.  This is not to say that SDNY and/or other investigations might not develop evidence of criminal behavior - but its not a direct result of Weisselberg "flipping" or providing a road-map.

:(  Matt Gaetz talking about witness intimidation or witness tampering with the president?

Edward-Isaac Dovere‏Verified account @IsaacDovere 47m47 minutes ago

President Trump called @mattgaetz last night from Hanoi to talk the Cohen testimony and the threats (since rescinded) Gaetz made about Cohen. "I was happy to do it for you. You just keep killing it," Gaetz was heard telling him. (Gaetz told me he doesn't discuss calls w/POTUS)

Call happened at just before 9 PM last night DC time, which means that the president was making this phone call as he headed into his meetings with Kim for the day (Hanoi is 12 hours ahead), which of course seem to have fallen apart not long after

contrast this private comment to what Gaetz has done publicly - deleted the original threatening tweet, and tweet separately last night "I’ve personally apologized to @MichaelCohen212 4 referencing his private family in the public square."

tracking timing: the tweet in which Gaetz said he apologized to Cohen was sent *after* he talked to Trump and said he was happy to do it. (I offered Gaetz several chances to refute the comment to Trump, but he left it at saying he doesn't discuss conversations with Trump.)

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere

Not enough popcorn in the world for waiting on Trump's reaction to this:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

The House Intelligence Committee intends to call Trump Org. CFO Allen Weisselberg to testify, a Democratic committee aide told The Daily Beast.
that should be entertaining.   I wonder how Jordan and the other lackeys will try to spin that questioning.

Not enough popcorn in the world for waiting on Trump's reaction to this:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

The House Intelligence Committee intends to call Trump Org. CFO Allen Weisselberg to testify, a Democratic committee aide told The Daily Beast.
Well his immunity deal only extends to the hush money, so I’d guess that he will be pleading the 5th a lot.

Trump is really delving to new depths of disgrace.

The GOP is orbiting a black hole, and as they circle faster and faster as they approach the event horizon, they cheer at their speed - seemingly completely unaware that they're hurtling towards their own end. 

adonis said:
Trump is really delving to new depths of disgrace.

The GOP is orbiting a black hole, and as they circle faster and faster as they approach the event horizon, they cheer at their speed - seemingly completely unaware that they're hurtling towards their own end. 
I wish this to be true.

The reality of the Trump years though is that A) the GOP still isn't going to lose a good portion of the states they already control, B) By and large, their constituency is going to become MORE engaged in the ideals of Trumpism, and C) if there's a series of bad political cycles for them...they're going to make it a point of importance to look for "The Next Trump" candidate.

As long as the narrative from Right Wing news agencies, policy makers and influencers continues to be that "Middle America is under assault from Liberalism that is being supported by a nefarious Shadow Government".....there's always going to be a problem.   

The reality of the Trump years though is that A) the GOP still isn't going to lose a good portion of the states they already control, B) By and large, their constituency is going to become MORE engaged in the ideals of Trumpism, and C) if there's a series of bad political cycles for them...they're going to make it a point of importance to look for "The Next Trump" candidate.
Counterpoint.

C) if there's a series of bad political cycles for them...they're going to make it a point of importance to look for "The Next Trump" candidate.
I'm not too worried about this. Trump seems like lightening in a bottle to me - a candidate who's celebrity pedigree seemed to overshadow and obfuscate a significant share of independents, up against a week RNC slate and a DNC candidate who turned off many independents. Coming off the 2018 elections, I think it is fair to say that key segment of independents has rejected a fear mongering isolationist platform. Any other loudmouth nationalist is not going to come onto the scene popular enough to win a general election, much less get through a primary process, given that our continuing diversification, JMHO. 

"I told progressives not to vote Trump because they opposed his policy, and conservatives not to vote Trump because he would cause a backlash that was worse than anything they might get from him. I said that the left thrives by imagining themselves as brave rebels fighting an ignorant, regressive, hateful authority, and that “bringing their straw man to life and putting him in the Oval Office” would be “the biggest gift” they could give the Democrats, and would end up pushing an entire generation further to the left."

Well put. 

"I told progressives not to vote Trump because they opposed his policy, and conservatives not to vote Trump because he would cause a backlash that was worse than anything they might get from him. I said that the left thrives by imagining themselves as brave rebels fighting an ignorant, regressive, hateful authority, and that “bringing their straw man to life and putting him in the Oval Office” would be “the biggest gift” they could give the Democrats, and would end up pushing an entire generation further to the left."

Well put. 
I told conservatives not to vote for Trump because he was a conman that would debase the office while stealing the WH china. 

I appear wrong so far though. Turns out he only served Royales with Cheese on the china. 

Users who are viewing this thread