What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (1 Viewer)

Sounds like Matthews might not play. Melvin could shadow Davis.
That’s interesting, Indy has only used the Shadow Coverage once this year in week 10 when Melvin Shadowed Antonio Brown. Brown had 2 receptions on 4 targets for 42 yards.

Tex

Just went back through my data and taking all points into consideration with the fact that Indy gives up the 9th most fantasy points to WRs, Davis should have a good game. I don’t own DAVIS in any league if he can’t be productive this week his owns have the right to be a bit irritated with him. This is a good matchup for him.

Tex

Someone on a pay site described this as the Calvin syndrome with video and timers and....very well done. For many years, Stafford would stare at Calvin and "last second" he'd throw elsewhere. Defenses would have a safety cheat and sometimes even a LB to have 3 guys ready for Calvin. Stafford had "no time" to look for someone else because he was coached to or determined to get it to Calvin and everyone knew.

Marcus had an awesome HS coach etc. and is one of the best-drilled QBs there is. All of a sudden he looks uncomfortable and is staring Corey down. Last game there were four times that Marcus had seven seconds to pass. He spent five seconds staring at Corey then got it away to Matthews or Walker "last second." 

When Corey wasn't in, Marcus clearly went Decker, Walker, Matthews, Murray on four plays this guy found. It was smooth, normal, the way it should be. 

He thinks it's Plaxico and Mularkey not changing with the times. Plaxico and younger Moss  could be stared down and force-fed, but defenses reacted, CBs got better and older Moss was a perfect example. He struggled to do well until he played with mister perfect in New England. He had a Brady quote where he said something like the stars will get theirs, I just have to be patient and go through my progressions. 

This guy really put on a convincing case.

When I click on Matthews and Walker on gamepass, it's not 100%. Sometimes he looks at them and fires right away. There are plenty though where it's almost like Thank Goodness they were open. I mean he has no time with a defender bearing down, turns his head, and phew. It's very uncomfortable and not Marcus-like at all. That guy made a believer out of me. I think he nailed it
Maybe Davis is miles better than the others so he looks at him more. It’s 4 games in, not time to make huge judgements.

Not sure where your getting your Moss stuff from as it’s ridiculous. He went to a horrible raider team and quit.

I have Davis in over Maclin and Sammy. Why are you so high on Kupp?
Should easily get double digit targets today with Woods out but his drops lately do concern me a bit.  I also would expect Watkins to shorten his routes and have one of his most targeted weeks as well.  

Should easily get double digit targets today with Woods out but his drops lately do concern me a bit.  I also would expect Watkins to shorten his routes and have one of his most targeted weeks as well.  
Cool. I am really having a hard time between these 3. 

Maybe Davis is miles better than the others so he looks at him more. It’s 4 games in, not time to make huge judgements.

Not sure where your getting your Moss stuff from as it’s ridiculous. He went to a horrible raider team and quit.
We don't have a choice for FF. We have to make judgments. In the real world, sure, but it's almost playoff time.

The article began with how Brian Billick said XYZ so he dug into it some. Billick ought to know something about how to get the ball to bigtime WRs and if the game changed or whatnot. Looking here, https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MossRa00.htm Moss didn't catch half his targets with the Raiders. Kerry Collins was not a bad quarterback. I'm not putting him in the HOF by any stretch, but I wouldn't call him bad. He had some years where he was pretty good and got his team to the championship game otherwise, pretty average. I root for the Titans. I've seen way worse. That Raiders team I remember for FF. Lamont Jordan, Gabriel, Curry, and Porter. There were a bunch of guys that most of us in FF thought would be way better than they were. It's not like Moss was on some horrible Browns or Titans team with zero weapons that we all knew was going to be the worst team heading into the season.

Debating on Davis over Sanders. Sanders is questionable. Davis has been getting a lot of targets and has a great match up.  I think he’s due. 

Can't do it. I traded away a few players just to get Davis in my lineup earlier in the year but I'm rolling with Stills in a must win. I just need to see him do it once before putting him in.

Back and forth between Mixon and Davis. I’m sure both will disappoint but who will disappoint me less...

Debating between Davis, D.Thomas, Crabtree, Kupp at WR2.  Thomas has Lynch starting, Crabtree not the best matchup. Might roll with him. 

Not sure it was smart but plugged him in over Sanders and Amari. Missed a waiver claim where I was going to drop him, hope he proves me wrong. Even if he does well this week could be hard to trust when Matthews back.  :doh:

Colts are really good lately at containing a teams #1 WR but give up points to the position overall. I don’t think Davis is deserving of being shadowed by Rashaan Melvin quite yet. 

Hopefully he just stays on his side and Davis can find some success throughout the day. 

They hardly look his way at all.  I believe he will one day be a top receiver, but I don’t see it happening this year.  He’s a definite dynasty buy IMO. 
In every game Davis finished, he was the most targeted WR on the team. The biggest issue is their offense just kind of stinks and he's not making plays. Time to drop him in many redraft leagues. 

This was a good matchup for him. It’s too bad he couldn’t deliver on what should have been a good game but as usual Walker delivered.

Tex

So glad I threw him in over Tyler Kroft or Amari Cooper. Already got 6 in my bench from Cooper, and Kroft scored a predictable TD in a TE-friendly matchup. Never make a lineup change after 1230pm in Sunday.

Titans coach Mike Mularkey wants Corey Davis to improve as a run blocker.

Mularkey would be focused on Davis' run blocking instead of creating increased opportunities for him to make big plays. Per Pro Football Focus, which has graded Davis as a plus run blocker but negative overall, the gripe isn't warranted. In this instance, there's little reason not to take the coach's word. We wouldn't expect Davis' apparent run blocking issues to affect his playing time, especially while Rishard Matthews (hamstring) is sidelined.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

I hate to say it, but I don't think the breakout is coming.

I'm holding for now, but only because there are no other high-upside guys on the WW at this point in the season (other than Josh Gordon, but not riding that roller coaster again). But if for whatever reason I need a roster spot, he's the first guy I'm dropping.

Have no choice but to ride these friendly two matchups these next two weeks and hope for the best because I'm surely not playing Stills again. God, the players I traded away earlier this year to make room for this guy down the stretch just kills me... KILLS me.

Users who are viewing this thread