What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (1 Viewer)

AJ Brown OUT and Corey Davis off injury report as healthy. Hmmm... he's in my lineup this week in two leagues - just picked him up twice. First league starts at WR 3 behind Hopkins and Beckham with AJ Brown and Sutton hurting. Second league starts in the Flex unless Golladay recovers quickly.

Titans WR Corey Davis (hamstring) will play in Week 2 against the Jaguars.

Davis will clearly be needed for the foreseeable future with A.J. Brown (knee, out) sitting "possibly beyond" Week 2. The opportunity is there for the 25-year-old in the interim as the Titans' offense sneakily ran 78 plays at the league's sixth-fastest pace in neutral game script Monday night. Davis has failed in similar spots before, but he's a plug-and-play WR3 in a friendly matchup against Jacksonville on Sunday.

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Sep 18, 2020, 2:34 PM ET

I actually think I might have felt better about starting him if Brown was playing. But maybe he will come out fighting and playing more aggressively like he did last week.  

Would have loved to see A.J. Brown getting all the attention and double coverage while Davis ran free again. Alas, it is not to be.

Jail said:
I actually think I might have felt better about starting him if Brown was playing. But maybe he will come out fighting and playing more aggressively like he did last week.  
JAX secondary just got smoked for 360+ yards by Rivers. Albeit, he did throw a couple INTs, but I think that's more Rivers than the Jax D.

Henry has had his way with JAX so he's sure to get his, but you have to think there's going to be plenty of play action opportunities here for Davis.

Have a hard time seeing him as bust this weekend minus AJ Brown. Probably a solid floor of 5-50-0 with massive upside.

Now watch Humphries go 8-110-2.

JAX secondary just got smoked for 360+ yards by Rivers. Albeit, he did throw a couple INTs, but I think that's more Rivers than the Jax D.

Henry has had his way with JAX so he's sure to get his, but you have to think there's going to be plenty of play action opportunities here for Davis.

Have a hard time seeing him as bust this weekend minus AJ Brown. Probably a solid floor of 5-50-0 with massive upside.

Now watch Humphries go 8-110-2.
More like 8/70, he has very little ability to break tackles or make people miss, he has great hands though. Very little threat to score TDs as well. 

Corey Davis is definitely the play in that game. 

More like 8/70, he has very little ability to break tackles or make people miss, he has great hands though. Very little threat to score TDs as well. 

Corey Davis is definitely the play in that game. 
Hope you're right. Currently have him in over the Conner/Snell mess along with the likes of Z. Moss, J. Robinson, and A. Miller.

Unfortunately, I have a ton of eggs in the TN basket. Already starting D. Henry. And now I have no choice but to start J. Smith too with Kittle out. UGH.

Its his time to shine.... Bag Year...going all in on him tomorrow....he looks like a monster compared to any DB covering him

I liked what I saw on Monday. Tried giving Lat Murray to the Kamara owner for Davis and it looks like he’s gonna hold. I’m sad 
Well the Kamara owner changed his mind so now I'm on board. I am curious how he looks without AJB drawing coverage, but with Godwin and Golladay out I have no choice to roll him out. Let's go!

Your prices may be out of whack.  I'm buying all I can at/above his ADP/consensus rankings prices.
Next to no one. My post was in response to the flood of “sell highs” after week one. In my case there is no price when there are zero offers and zero interest.

I also posted before Brown was ruled out. I’m not selling now with him finally showing what people hoped for 3 years ago and gave up on.

Corey Davis caught 3-of-5 targets for 36 yards and a touchdown in Week 2 against Jacksonville.

Davis was the No. 1 receiver with A.J. Brown (knee) out. He scored on a red-zone touchdown in the first quarter but looked behind Jonnu Smith for targets. Davis finished behind Smith (84), Adam Humphries (48), and Anthony Firkser (45) in yards. Davis will remain a flex play if Brown misses Week 3.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
A. Humphries.

Solid matchup this week against a MN  secondary that looks god awful. Hard to keep on the bench if AJ is out. Thinking hard about going with Davis over W. Fuller (who I hate and makes me hate myself).
He’ll be in my lineup if Julio can’t go

A. Humphries.

Solid matchup this week against a MN  secondary that looks god awful. Hard to keep on the bench if AJ is out. Thinking hard about going with Davis over W. Fuller (who I hate and makes me hate myself).
I was lamenting in one draft that Fuller got taken two picks before I was picking. I think I made out just fine. If AJ Brown is out, Davis is fantasy-relevant this week again. 

Debating Davis over Diggs this week if Brown sits, although that may be getting "cute".
That might be the definition of "cute." I don't usually give unsolicited opinions. Start Diggs if you're doubting anything. Davis is no more than Tannehill's third read most of the time, really, even without AJ. 

Of course, watch him go off for 8-120-2 against MN. That'd be funny. And serve me right. 

That might be the definition of "cute." I don't usually give unsolicited opinions. Start Diggs if you're doubting anything. Davis is no more than Tannehill's third read most of the time, really, even without AJ. 

Of course, watch him go off for 8-120-2 against MN. That'd be funny. And serve me right. 
Ha! Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I'm just worried about Ramsey shadowing. Not to turn this into an AC thread...

I did not watch game 2, but Davis seemed to me to be the 1st read often against the broncos. 

A. Humphries.

I'm not a huge Humphries supporter, he topped out at about 10 yds a catch when he was racking in Tampa, had 5 TDs in 2018 otherwise he's ever only had 1 or 2 for the whole season, if you really stare at his career numbers then come back and start filling out your roster with him in Week 3, you know something has gone horribly wrong. 

You knew it was bad when you entered the Corey Davis thread to begin with so there's that. 

I dunno know.. on one hand, that Minny defense isn't great, opportunities will be there.but on the other hand, Davis kind of has that Sammy Watkins thing going on, a highly regarded player that just never got it going.and every time you tried to count on Watkins he'd  let you down. Same with Davis. it's kind of a situation where Davis blows up, 8-132-2 and you trade him .fast.

I dunno know.. on one hand, that Minny defense isn't great, opportunities will be there.but on the other hand, Davis kind of has that Sammy Watkins thing going on, a highly regarded player that just never got it going.and every time you tried to count on Watkins he'd  let you down. Same with Davis. it's kind of a situation where Davis blows up, 8-132-2 and you trade him .fast.
Disagree with the Watkins comparison.

Davis has maintained a solid 20% target share from Tannehill in each of the first two games. With and without Brown. Davis' receiving stats are more tied to the Titans pass/run ratio.

Watkins received 28% target share from Mahomes in game one, 6% in game two. Watkins role in the KC offense is a dart throw. 

I really like Humphries. He's been showing some of his Tampa self.

With Brown's return, I would love for the Titans to finally utilize their 3 WR offense as advertised but I predict it'll seem more like a time share between Davis and Humphries.

Batson has looked good in limited reps for the second year now-so smooth n quick. Raymond was (again) exposed as just a deep threat, but he does that role well.

Davis is an elite level blocker. He wins over everyone with that edge for playing time.

I think Davis went from woah look at him in week one, to his rookie solid type play. I hope AJ (friends) stirs up Corey to be that week one guy and Corey is onto a great career. If I'm betting on it though, it's a time share.

Jonnu looks awesome on that screen pass play and it suits the o-line and Davis blocking well too. They've done this with Henry too. This will be a fantastic counter to a D doubling Brown. 

Davis runs as nice a crossing route as anyone and they weren't calling it much til recently. That's definitely in his favor.

He seems to have fixed his pattycake problem and defenses aren't pressing him as much. This is huge for him but is it too late?

I think it is setup for Corey to succeed but they are so ready for him to not succeed that the pressure's on. If I seem on the fence, maybe that explains it better

Dropped him.

Between Covid issues (D. Henry/J. Conner) and injuries (McLaurin and W. Fuller now; Mostert) I need bodies. 

Didn't really want to drop him but with the bye week now he could fly under the radar and stick on the wire. In addition, AJ is coming back and the schedule of BUF next week, then an underrated secondary in HOU were the final nails in the coffin. 

Don't ever see this guy as more as my #3 or #4 WR.

He served me well the two weeks I had him.

Dropped him.

Between Covid issues (D. Henry/J. Conner) and injuries (McLaurin and W. Fuller now; Mostert) I need bodies. 

Didn't really want to drop him but with the bye week now he could fly under the radar and stick on the wire. In addition, AJ is coming back and the schedule of BUF next week, then an underrated secondary in HOU were the final nails in the coffin. 

Don't ever see this guy as more as my #3 or #4 WR.

He served me well the two weeks I had him.
Ditto and done with him for now. I also have AJ ready for week 5. Holding Russel Gage too. 

Would anyone cut Davis for say Tee Higgins right about now? 

Trying to gauge where you all are at. I have to carry AJBrown and I had Davis I was covering with, hadn't thought about cutting bait just yet but the positive news on Brown today that he might play week 5...interesting,

Trying to gauge where you all are at. I have to carry AJBrown and I had Davis I was covering with, hadn't thought about cutting bait just yet but the positive news on Brown today that he might play week 5...interesting,
MoP C Davis filled in nicely like a RB handcuff for a #1 WR AJ Brown. C Davis has continued to drive me crazy over the years, so I'm cutting bait and looking at new rising stars like a R Gage or J Jefferson, which I both own. Davis has disappointed me enough and thanks for the two week fill in. 

Edit: Tee Higgins is getting some love lately. We shall see.

If I had AJBrown, I'd probably keep Davis over Higgins. I have an empty spot and Boyd is on my team, and Higgins is available,  but I'm leary of having 2 WRs with a rookie QB throwing the rock.  Another concern, beside AJGreen, is the number of hits Burrow has taken. Burrow is not playing like a rookie, and their defense is bad, so there's that.

I just did... sort of.  Going into my free agent blind bidding this week my WR crew was N'keal Harry, Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, Alan Robinson.  We normally have 2 IR spots in our league, but we upped it to 4 this year because of COVID.  I had Jamison Crowder and AJ Brown on IR.

I went all in and bid high on Justin Jefferson and dropped Harry.  My thoughts were that I was going to start Alan Robinson and Justin Jefferson this week, and eventually AJ and Crowder will be back on my active roster.  I figured why hang on to Corey Davis and Sammy Watkins?  Sure they are good and will get some points, but I am kind of looking for a lottery ticket in my WR group because it is my weakest point.  I thought eventually, in a couple weeks, my 4 WR will be Robinson, AJ Brown, Crowder, and Justin Jefferson.  I thought, I'm playing Jefferson this week so Davis will be expendable to me and I don't view him as a lottery ticket.  I thought the same about Watkins.

So after waivers were processed, and they opened it up for free waivers I dropped Corey Davis for Higgins and Sammy Watkins for Aiyuk.  Now, if I had to depend on Davis as a starter I doubt I would have dropped him for Higgins, but as an owner looking for a breakout WR I decided to roll the dice with Higgins instead of Davis.

Side note:  we start 2 WR, 1 TE and do not have a flex.  Our bench is a bit short as well which is why we have so many good WR on the wire.

Considering I already blew much of my FAAB budgets in many of my leagues on Higgins, I'd say yes. I do like Davis, though. He isn't an easy cut. But I think Higgins is fully emerging. AJ Green was done over a year ago. He looks really sad out there. Totally overmatched. Higgins is taking over and may have already done it. The Bengals are passing a gazillion times a game and the Titans. Aren't. If you have Brown already and you don't have some other scrub you can drop then yes I make this move. Amazed Higgins is available though. He went for a lot everywhere on Wednesday. Last week too.

I would.

Higgins ceiling is high. If you can hang on to him I could see him paying serious dividends later in the year. Bet by week 10 Burrows is cementing status as a top 5 QB next year, AJ Green is heading out to pasture, and Higgins is this year's AJ Brown (of last year).

Am I the only one that thinks  Brown being back actually helps Davis? 
Seems like it would, but Davis a former #1 pick in 2017 has a track record now. I've been down this road before. I don't see him bringing home a title like a few of these other names might do. Just my 2 cents on this stud of a WR that lacks something... 

Seems like it would, but Davis a former #1 pick in 2017 has a track record now. I've been down this road before. I don't see him bringing home a title like a few of these other names might do. Just my 2 cents on this stud of a WR that lacks something... 
AJ presence could help, but the problem is that this is a low volume passing attack that wants to feed Henry anyway.

AJ presence could help, but the problem is that this is a low volume passing attack that wants to feed Henry anyway.
This is last year's information.

Tannehill is currently 11th in passing yards at 270 yards/game. More than Watson, Murray, Roethlisberger, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Wentz, Fitzpatrick, D. Jones and Mayfield.

And most of that without his top WR.

Titans placed WR Corey Davis on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

It's the biggest name of the 11 players that tested positive on the Titans. Davis is going to miss Week 5 against Buffalo if the game is played. It's a downgrade to Ryan Tannehill's supporting cast, though Tennessee could get A.J. Brown (knee) back this week. Jonnu Smith should see a bump in targets with Davis out.

Oct 7, 2020, 4:29 PM ET

Titans activated Corey Davis from the COVID-19 list.

Davis has been sidelined since Tennessee's outbreak prior to the team's forced bye week. Nick Westbrook will return to the bench and likely be inactive in favor of Kalif Raymond moving forward. Note that A.J. Brown and Davis tied for the team lead in targets (8) in the only game the two have played together this year.

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter

Oct 19, 2020, 4:04 PM ET

Solid return last week from COVID - have a feeling he will have a good stretch run with Tanny playing well and AJ commanding a lot of attention.....can't deny the guy has talent....anyone jumping on board.  

Solid return last week from COVID - have a feeling he will have a good stretch run with Tanny playing well and AJ commanding a lot of attention.....can't deny the guy has talent....anyone jumping on board.  
I wouldn't go this far but I'm gonna start him in a couple flex spots out of necessity. I'm likely bumping Dobbins up if I get word Ingram is out. But I'd still call that close. 

Don't look now, but he just made a spectacular catch to put him at over 25 PPR points today.

He's a year-long WR3, if I'm not mistaken. 

eta* For average points. I knew there was a catch to that. COVID caused him to miss two games. But he's been really good PPR-wise otherwise. 

Corey Davis caught 8-of-10 targets for 128 yards and a touchdown in the Titans' Week 8 loss to the Bengals. 

Both the catches and yards were the second most of Davis' four-year career. He benefited from comeback mode and Adam Humphries leaving the game with a concussion in the second quarter. Davis' touchdown was a 12-yarder where he made an excellent grab and displayed some fancy footwork in the front right corner of the end zone. Davis has rebounded from his 2019 career nadir this season, clearing 69 yards in 3-of-5 appearances and five catches in 4-of-5. He is still ultimately unlikely to rise above WR4 status, but Davis has at least managed to establish a floor. The Bears are on tap for Week 9. 

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread