What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (1 Viewer)

Kenny Golladay caught 5-of-9 targets for 121 yards in the Lions' 23-22, Week 6 loss to the Packers Monday night.

Golladay opened the night with a 66-yard catch on the first play of the game on a flea-flicker. He also made a sick grab on the sideline as he was falling to the ground while draped in the defensive back's coverage. Golladay has 100 yards and/or one touchdown in 4-of-5 games and has settled in as an every-week WR2 in an aggressive offense that is pushing the ball down the field. Golladay gets the Vikings next in a date with CB Xavier Rhodes.

Oct 14, 2019, 11:52 PM ET

Was he injured tonight late in the game? Kinda disappeared.
He had that hard landing by the sideline on a Stafford overthrow, and got up slowly favoring his stomach. I assumed he just got the wind knocked out of him, and no injury was reported, but he did sit of the rest of the series, and the following one.

Side note, as much as people knock ESPN, I do love that they show the skill positions players on the field before each play. Tells you a lot about tendencies with formations, and situational play calling. I feel like I'm seeing a lot more plays before they happen, just be knowing the players on field.

I also noticed he was out for a bit after that hard fall.  Noticed he came back in before the game was over though.  Hope he is OK.

I also noticed he was out for a bit after that hard fall.  Noticed he came back in before the game was over though.  Hope he is OK.
This would happen to Calvin a lot. The way Stafford overthrows his receivers forces them to make acrobatic catches that puts them on their back pretty hard. I’m a Stafford supporter but he does put his WRs in tough situations. 

What surprised me the most about his performance last night against the packers wasn't that incredible opening play 60 yard bomb.

It was that announcers were pronouncing his name Galladay, not Golladay.

Don't know if that's how it really is or Tessitore and Booger's continued sucktitude.

What surprised me the most about his performance last night against the packers wasn't that incredible opening play 60 yard bomb.

It was that announcers were pronouncing his name Galladay, not Golladay.

Don't know if that's how it really is or Tessitore and Booger's continued sucktitude.
And it always amazes me that anyone actually believes what those 2 dolts say.  If you can't pronounce the man's name, you probably don't know anything about them.

And it always amazes me that anyone actually believes what those 2 dolts say.  If you can't pronounce the man's name, you probably don't know anything about them.
Normally I'm with you -- it's simply one dolt mispronouncing the guy's name, and the other idiot latching on to it.

But these guys have pretty thorough production meetings so not discounting the correct pronunciation surfacing there. I remember a similar thing happened with Samjae Perine -- even in preseason and early season broadcasts, everyone was pronouncing it Pe-RINe, until Al Michaels suddenly was pronouncing it PEE-rine on a SNF broadcast. From then on, that's the only pronunciation I heard.

Similar thing happened, IIRC, with Tyrod Taylor -- we found out when he was with the Browns that he actually pronounces it TUH-rod, not TY-rod -- though I don't think that changed the way it was ever pronounced afterward.

So...what happened? 

Anyone else a little nervous that Stafford's new-found love of Jones impacts Golladay ROS? It's like Stafford had eyes for no-one else but Jones.

Both receivers were prone to some streakiness, but Golladay was always a mainstay of targets. Hope that persists, because at this point, my confidence is a little shaken.

Someone tell me it will be all right?

So...what happened? 

Anyone else a little nervous that Stafford's new-found love of Jones impacts Golladay ROS? It's like Stafford had eyes for no-one else but Jones.

Both receivers were prone to some streakiness, but Golladay was always a mainstay of targets. Hope that persists, because at this point, my confidence is a little shaken.

Someone tell me it will be all right?
Means nothing. Jones does this occasionally. In fact, its actually often against Minnesota, and Rhodes(league's most overrated CB for years) in particular. 

I think Golladay is more likely to be the #2 WR overall going forward, than the #2 in Detroit. He'll likely blow up against the Giants next week.

I view Golladay as a WR1, and Jones as a WR3 going forward. They'll likely be more pass heavy as long as Kerryon is out as well. 

Kenny Golladay caught 4-of-7 targets for 132 yards and one touchdown in the Lions' Week 9 loss to the Raiders.

Golladay and the Lions passing offense is catching fire with Kerryon Johnson on injured reserve. This week, Golladay was targeted deep often, and it paid off as it has for most of the season. Golladay ended up getting free down the sideline for a 59-yard touchdown to bring his season total to seven scores. The third-year receiver is now on pace for 70 receptions, 1,280 yards and 14 touchdowns as an upside WR2. Detroit will head to Chicago in Week 10.

Nov 3, 2019, 7:59 PM ET

Isn’t that the epitome of overthinking things?

Golladay has been pretty unstoppable, even without Stafford.
Last week he had 3 catches. And that 47 yard TD was awesome but not exactly a reliable thing. So yeah that was the only game Golladay has ever played without Stafford. He had started 136 consecutive games to that point at QB.  Unstoppable isn't the word to describe a one-game trend of having 3 catches.

That said you may very well be right about me overthinking it. Golladay did get 9 targets. Deebo is going to get a gazillion targets against a really bad defense coming off his best game as a pro, though, so there *is* an argument for it. Pascal is a bigger reach and I'll concede it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week he had 3 catches. And that 47 yard TD was awesome but not exactly a reliable thing. So yeah that was the only game Golladay has ever played without Stafford. He had started 136 consecutive games to that point at QB.  Unstoppable isn't the word to describe a one-game trend of having 3 catches.

That said you may very well be right about me overthinking it. Golladay did get 9 targets. Deebo is going to get a gazillion targets against a really bad defense coming off his best game as a pro, though, so there *is* an argument for it. Pascal is a bigger reach and I'll concede it.
Well I kept Golladay in my lineup instead of Deebo. Haha. But it wouldn't have mattered I got crushed.

We desperately need Stafford back, but it sounds like he could be out for 6 weeks.  Not good for Golladay. 

Kenny Golladay caught all four of his targets for 61 yards in Detroit's Week 12 loss to Washington.

Golladay's lone highlight was a short pass that the explosive third-year wideout turned into a 34-yard gain to help setup a chip shot game-tying field goal in the first quarter. Rookie Steven Sims turned a bobbled gaff on special teams into a 91-yard return touchdown on the ensuing play. Primarily seeing downfield shots from Driskel, Golladay's now caught just 8-of-18 targets in his last three performances. Marvin Jones (5/46) leads Detroit in targets (21) in that span. Even so, Golladay warrants a high-end WR3 ranking against Chicago on Thanksgiving Day since his on-field usage can still be trusted.

Anyone with WR depth sitting him this week, and if so..for whom?  The news is Driskel’s hammy is sore but feeling better. Personally, I have the luxury of starting ARob in his place, and that’s how I’m leaning right now.

Anyone with WR depth sitting him this week, and if so..for whom?  The news is Driskel’s hammy is sore but feeling better. Personally, I have the luxury of starting ARob in his place, and that’s how I’m leaning right now.
Sitting him for Devante Parker, but would likely roll with him above Marquis Brown if Driscoll starts (he'd drop behind even Brown against SF if Driscoll is out)

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
He doesn't get much separation at the line or at any point in his routes.  But he is great at catching contested balls.  That can work with an established veteran QB who doesn't mind taking some chances, but with a 2nd or 3rd string QB, they are much less likely to throw to him when he's covered.

No Driskel, I am probably starting DeDe Westbrook.   

Golladay is a stud -- I an't call him elite as he doesn't consistently command the 1st looks (his targets are so variable) and he is far from match-up proof. And, as we see, the QB really matters.

He is riding pine in favor of Sutton/Chark. I can't really see starting him until Stafford is back. If that actually happens in time for the fantasy playoffs remains to be seen.... 

I start 2 WR's and I have Golladay, A-Rob, Kirk, and Thielen.    I would have them Thielen, Golladay, A-Rob, Kirk if all QB's and players were healthy.  Unfortunately I have no idea if Thielen will be playing since he is Monday night.  I may risk it if Driskel doesn't start and roll with A-Rob and Thielen and sit Golladay.  At least that is how I am leaning at the moment.

I will most likely sit golladay for darrel williams, guice\, or james white....

You gotta be kidding me. I can’t believe. The one week i bench him. Just gotta laugh 
Same here. I benched him for Boyd. Before he just scored my son says “Dad, you know he’s going to have a great game because you benched him”. 

As you say, just gotta laugh. So random, logic never works.  As an aside, I even checked FantasyPros, was Boyd over Golladay something like 80-20%

I was wondering if we were going to see the typical 3rd stringer play out of his mind a la Nick Mullins.

Benched him as well.  Most people did unless they had no other choice.  The stats support our benching prior to today. 

Users who are viewing this thread