What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Adam Thielen - CAR (1 Viewer)

57 targets for Thielen since week 11 of last year.

39 targets for Diggs since week 11 of last year. 

Diggs did miss a game and had a zero target game where he might have got hurt. It's starting to be a trend though......
So Diggs missed weeks 14, 15 and 16. 

So Diggs averaged 6.0 targets in a four-game period (8.5 targets through his 14 games with Bradford) and Thielen 7.4 since week 11. 

The only trend I see is Bradford proving he trusts both guys, which helps them both. 

So Diggs missed weeks 14, 15 and 16. 

So Diggs averaged 6.0 targets in a four-game period (8.5 targets through his 14 games with Bradford) and Thielen 7.4 since week 11. 

The only trend I see is Bradford proving he trusts both guys, which helps them both. 
Oh ok that does paint a different picture.....but it doesn't account for the team moving Thielen into the slot.

I keep under estimating Theilen and he keeps proving me wrong.

I can live with that.

A few more big games like this though and it is going to be hard to keep thinking about this guy as just a local product feel good story like Marcus Sherels instead of something more than that.

I think I mentioned this earlier on in the thread, but when going over the player averages of 2014-2016 there was only one player had higher yards per target (I'm only looking at top 150 or so WR in the sample) than Adam Theilen. Desean Jackson.

Biabreakable said:
I keep under estimating Theilen and he keeps proving me wrong.

I can live with that.

A few more big games like this though and it is going to be hard to keep thinking about this guy as just a local product feel good story like Marcus Sherels instead of something more than that.

I think I mentioned this earlier on in the thread, but when going over the player averages of 2014-2016 there was only one player had higher yards per target (I'm only looking at top 150 or so WR in the sample) than Adam Theilen. Desean Jackson.
His efficiency is out of this world. Every time you watch him he's open and Bradford is throwing at over 70% accuracy as a new norm it seems. Sky is the limit for this year. Ya that's a bit of a week 1 overreaction against the Saints but this has been trending since last year. Train has left the station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thielen has become Bradford's wubby on a really good team. 

Dealing with it is what other fantasy players who don't start him should do.  

I woefully overlooked this guy and own him nowhere ... dare I say he might be a buy high.  I get the impression his owners would be looking to cash in on the hot start from a guy they probably don't really believe in.

I woefully overlooked this guy and own him nowhere ... dare I say he might be a buy high.  I get the impression his owners would be looking to cash in on the hot start from a guy they probably don't really believe in.
It's only going to be easy to make a deal work if you have a guy that's short at a different position. I think it's the rare team that would have planned on starting Thielen, but can't find a spot for him now. So you're looking at having to give up someone of starter-caliber at a different position.

MIN schedule tightens up. How bulletproof do we think Bradford is? Will Treadwell demand more targets?

Out of 32 PA, Thielen had 10 targets and Diggs had 8. RBs had 8, TE and other WR 3 each.
Is this a realistic expectation?

The attempts don't seem unreasonable (bradford's a mid 500 PA guy when he plays). Completions are probably going down, but Bradford was quite accurate last year.

375 Comps on 550 PA seems to be a good target. Last year, TEs saw about 9 targets a game. Other WRs saw about 8 a game. RBs saw about 6 targets a game. Diggs and Thielen combined for 12.75 a game (though Diggs missed 3 and Thielen didn't start 6). Can the duo (assuming health) command almost 300 targets, or more than 50%? I think that's around where they have to be to both be every week starters.

As a comp, the 14 Packers (where Cobb and Nelson were both WR1 type guys) took 278 targets out of 531, or 52.4%

I like Thielen a lot and I own him on a couple dynasty squads.  I think he is solid but those New Orleans DBs were horrible.

currently debating between starting

thielen @ pitt or

gillislee @ no.

leaning toward gillislee.

Anyone starting this guy with Keenum in? He throws for a lot of yards, also a lot of INTs. Did these guys play together in preseason? Any Minny fans have a take?

I'm still rolling with him. He was supposedly getting work in practice with Keenum and hopefully he'll be the security blanket working out of the slot. In my situation, I have Decker or Powell I can put in at FLEX. Yeh, I'm sticking with Adam.

I'm benching him for Cohen in the flex in one league and keeping him in the starting lineup in another league over Kupp. The volume should be there........

Benched for Corey Davis in my flex spot.  I'd still be comfortable with him as a WR3 this week though.  

I have him in over Dez and Quizz Rodgers at my flex in a ppr right now but no Bradford has me rethinking. Whatever I do it will be the wrong decision. 

I'm starting him over Diggs in one league and over Charles Sims in another (PPR) second one seems like a no brained. Definitely a raw deal for all Vikings but Cooks today.

Keeping him in over sanders and kupp in ppr. Sam Bradford is no aaron Rodgers. I don't think we're looking at a huge drop off

Both QBs like him and Floyd's presence is negligible, IMO, especially since AT is lined up in the slot most snaps. Home game this week and I'm expecting a return to form. 

Gottabesweet said:
Does Michael Floyd being back hurt his snaps, or targets?

Also do we prefer a QB? Bradford or Keenum?
I don't think so.

Theilen played on 97% of the snaps and was the most targeted WR in the most recent game.

Floyd played on 46% of the snaps and less than Treadwell who played on 60% of the snaps.

Diggs was out for a bit getting work on his thigh but did play on 70% of the snaps, Floyd and Treadwell likely would not have played as much if Diggs had been healthy the whole game.

I see Floyd as more of a threat to Treadwells playing time than Theilen or Diggs who seem locked in as the Vikings primary WR.

As far as the QBs go Keenum is playing better than Bradford can right now, so I think its better for the Vikings to be starting him.

He is going to continue to get a ton of looks with Diggs out. 
He gets a lot of targets even when DIggs is healthy.

Now imagine him with an accurate QB who could lead him instead of the scattershot accuracy of Keenum constantly throwing behind him, too high or leading him into kill shots from defenders.

He gets a lot of targets even when DIggs is healthy.

Now imagine him with an accurate QB who could lead him instead of the scattershot accuracy of Cousins constantly throwing behind him, too high or leading him into kill shots from defenders.
I wish Cousins was throwing him passes. Might have some TD's this year.

Diggs has been hurt but even when Diggs was healthy Thielen command just as many targets. He looks like the #1 option in the passing game on this team to me going forward. Diggs is awesome but Thielen is right there with him and it seems he's typically more healthy. I thought I saw this coming before the season started and traded for/drafted him where I could. Hope others acquired him before he got to expensive.....

Diggs has been hurt but even when Diggs was healthy Thielen command just as many targets. He looks like the #1 option in the passing game on this team to me going forward. Diggs is awesome but Thielen is right there with him and it seems he's typically more healthy. I thought I saw this coming before the season started and traded for/drafted him where I could. Hope others acquired him before he got to expensive.....
I agree ... love his targets with or without Diggs 

Snagged him for Hurns and a 2nd Round Rookie Pick in Dynasty League

Users who are viewing this thread