What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friends wife missing since Friday night (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
Just heard from a buddy back in NY. Last seen on Friday night. Last phone contact via text was Saturday afternoon. They have 4 children together and according to him they weren't having any marital problems. Nobody else has seen her and the phone is off.

Im trying to be comforting but I can only imagine the best case scenario is she is in a hospital unconscious and they can't ID her for some reason, and that's probably a long shot.

Chances she is, for lack of a better word, ok? Anyone here in law enforcement that has experience with these things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it makes him feel better only a very small percentage of adults who go missing do so due to foul play. Mostly they disappear because they want to. The vast majority show back up on their own.

Last seen with the husband?  Out running errands?

Seems most likely that she's somehow in hospital unconscious or something.  Sure hope she's found soon...that's a long time.

And of course if he hasn't, and he already should've, report it to the police. In reality if this is foul play then a lot of time has passed and that trail is real cold.

Best wishes to your friend.

Given your past posts, she's probably on a bender with some black guys playing Nintendo. 

You've seen this before, know the signs. 

Well if it makes him feel better only a very small percentage of adults who go missing do so due to foul play. Mostly they disappear because they want to. The vast majority show back up on their own.
I would think differently because they have children.

Last seen with the husband?  Out running errands?

Seems most likely that she's somehow in hospital unconscious or something.  Sure hope she's found soon...that's a long time.
Went out with her sister and friends Friday night. He stayed home with the kids. Woke up the next morning to find out she never came home. Last and only text said she slept at a friends house and would be home soon. He called the police a few hours later.

The sister confirmed they did go out but everyone left separately. She did not stay with any of the friends they were with.

I don't even want to ask if there is any reason to suspect she was cheating.

Told him to call me if he needs to talk.

Went out with her sister and friends Friday night. He stayed home with the kids. Woke up the next morning to find out she never came home. Last and only text said she slept at a friends house and would be home soon. He called the police a few hours later.

The sister confirmed they did go out but everyone left separately. She did not stay with any of the friends they were with.

I don't even want to ask if there is any reason to suspect she was cheating.

Told him to call me if he needs to talk.
That was my first thought that she ran away with a lover Sorry

Not liking the scenario - who is the friend she "stayed' with, if not a friend from the group? 

Nobody knows
If she's not in danger (abducted or worse) , sounds like a fling and now afraid / feeling guilty to come home and face the music. Hope I'm wrong on both counts and there's some innocent explanation. Sucks, especially with kids involved.

Old friend from HS I got back in touch with via FB. Hung out one time a few years ago and only spoke regularly for a few months after that. Saw him blowing up FB looking for info so I messaged him to confirm if it was for real. He only exchanged a handful of messages with me over the last few hours. I'm certainly not a high priority on his list of people to speak to right now.

Is it reasonable for me to ask further questions?

If she's not in danger (abducted or worse) , sounds like a fling and now afraid / feeling guilty to come home and face the music. Hope I'm wrong on both counts and there's some innocent explanation. Sucks, especially with kids involved.
If they didn't have children which scenario would be worse for the guy?

If they didn't have kids then I would assume she's with another guy but what kind of woman would allow her children and entire family to think she might be dead for several days?

Her phone has been off a few days but if it has a battery in it cant the police track it? Do they need a warrant? Can they do that in this case or do they need some reason to suspect foul play before getting a warrant like that?

Old friend from HS I got back in touch with via FB. Hung out one time a few years ago and only spoke regularly for a few months after that. Saw him blowing up FB looking for info so I messaged him to confirm if it was for real. He only exchanged a handful of messages with me over the last few hours. I'm certainly not a high priority on his list of people to speak to right now.

Is it reasonable for me to ask further questions?
You have an interesting definition of a friend. You were friends 15 or so years ago and have only hung out one time since then and then spoke (I'm assuming you mean text, email,etc.) for a few months after that.  

If I were him, I would consider you an acquaintance and wouldn't appreciate you asking further questions about the situation. There aren't many ways this can turn out positively for him. 

With 4 kids?
You obviously don't have four kids. 

Seriously hope they find her ok. Any money movement/withdraws lately? They need to get video from the bar she was last known to be. The sister knows something, at least who she was with. And they should be able to get a location from where she sent her last text. 

These days everyone pretty much has a personal location device on them.  Law enforcement should be able to determine foul play pretty quickly.

Her phone has been off a few days but if it has a battery in it cant the police track it? Do they need a warrant? Can they do that in this case or do they need some reason to suspect foul play before getting a warrant like that?
You sure seem to have a lot of interest in this and are asking a lot of questions about a friend you barely know anymore.

Hey Rok, where were you Friday night?

A text from the wife saying she stayed with a friend and her sister/friends saying that she didn't go home with any of them tells me she has intentionally disappeared. Whether that is because she found someone else, or just because she wants to leave him, who knows, but it certainly seems intentional.

And yeah, that stuff happens even with 4 kids. 

Who knows, maybe this dude has been abusing her and she finally got away. Although it would seem more likely that she would leave with the kids if that were the case.

It's definitely be interesting to see what the police have said to him. Because if they have talked to the sister and friends and she intentionally disappeared, I would think that they would have told the police.

also correct he doesn't really sounds like a friend and you probably have no idea on what is going on with the family since you don't really know him.

Hope she is OK though

They should be pulling bank or credit card statements.  If her card is still being used, its a start.  IF she pulled out a large sum of money on Friday, its a bad sign.  But start there...

FTR- i'll actually feel bad if this story has any truth 

If I had four kids I'd run away too. 
I have four daughters, ages 11-19...  I want to run away EVERY SINGLE DAY.....to a deserted beach somewhere with unlimited alcohol.. 

I watch "Castaway" and think, "lucky *******".

Uwe Blab said:
Didn't you used to be married to GirlA?  Or am I thinking of someone else?  Sorry if out in left field....
:lmao:

Nice memory.  She started out on this board as Mrs. Caesar, but we never actually met in person.  I think she changed her name when she realized she could get a metric asston of attention by not being associated with anyone, especially me.   I am the one who introduced her to the board, though, so it was meant to be somewhat of a joke at the time.

Some liked her, some didn't, but she was a cool chick.

Nice memory.  She started out on this board as Mrs. Caesar, but we never actually met in person.  I think she changed her name when she realized she could get a metric asston of attention by not being associated with anyone, especially me.   I am the one who introduced her to the board, though, so it was meant to be somewhat of a joke at the time.

Was?

Shouldn't this be your avatar?

http://www.samplesmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/free-dog-food-sample-from-cesar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread