What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I wanted to congratulate Joe for firing/demoting/whatever Bob McGaw.

I just learned in Maurile's thread that McGaw was gone. I knew I hadn't seen his posts in forever, wasn't sure what happened.

He was unhinged during the 2016 election and was banning people left and right solely because they supported Trump. Good riddance!

A recommendation, why not appoint a pro Trump (or at least  neutral) mod to the PSF?

Maurile hates Trump, but is reasonable with his mod duties, which is fine.

The other two mods, Clayton and Aaron, don't even post in the PSF forum. Clayton is somewhat reasonable, but Aaron is widely recognized as extremely biased towards anyone who supports Trump.

I say get rid of Aaron, or at least prevent him from suspending people he disagrees with in a forum he doesn't even post in. Replace him with someone like jon mx or Max or Hell Toupee.

Or if you want to go neutral, appoint ren hoek or rocknation.
I perceive many of those persons somewhat differently than do you.

Actually, you won't be here till Tuesday. Be cooler if you come back. 
Cooler?  Seriously?  C'mon, man, it was a joke.  You didn't get that from the wink emoji 😉 ?  And from the obvious "I'm here till next Tuesday with shows at 7:00 and 9:00."? 

Unbelievable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
KCitons said:
This isn't a PSF moderation issue, since it occurred in the FFA stock thread. So, I will post it here.

There was a discussion about opening up the economy and the loss of life. To which I posted the following:

A few posters had an issue with me posting this comment and that it was off topic for a stock thread in the FFA. Keep in mind that I didn't start the conversation, and was the last of a handful of posters to even comment. Yet, I was the one poster called out as derailing the topic. (even though 75% of my post was about the market).

My followup response to a poster was this:

It's okay to discuss opening the economy at the risk of people dying. Which touches a nerve with me and is also off topic. But, if you make the comparison that banning guns, hunting, etc to save 40k lives a year, that's considered trolling? I was trying to put things into perspective. The last sentence is 100% accurate in that thread and is no worse than shorting a vaccine company to capitalize on a bad situation. 

For this comment I received a 40 day suspension. Yep, 40 days. First suspension in 10 years on this board and it's 40 days for this? It just validates my opinion that moderation is out of control on this board. 
Haven’t you quit this place like 3 times now?

KCitons said:
This isn't a PSF moderation issue, since it occurred in the FFA stock thread. So, I will post it here.

There was a discussion about opening up the economy and the loss of life. To which I posted the following:

A few posters had an issue with me posting this comment and that it was off topic for a stock thread in the FFA. Keep in mind that I didn't start the conversation, and was the last of a handful of posters to even comment. Yet, I was the one poster called out as derailing the topic. (even though 75% of my post was about the market).

My followup response to a poster was this:

It's okay to discuss opening the economy at the risk of people dying. Which touches a nerve with me and is also off topic. But, if you make the comparison that banning guns, hunting, etc to save 40k lives a year, that's considered trolling? I was trying to put things into perspective. The last sentence is 100% accurate in that thread and is no worse than shorting a vaccine company to capitalize on a bad situation. 

For this comment I received a 40 day suspension. Yep, 40 days. First suspension in 10 years on this board and it's 40 days for this? It just validates my opinion that moderation is out of control on this board. 
Well you obviously must have upset someone sensitive and they reported you. Forty days in the hole seems excessive but we’ve all been assured things are fair and balanced. To sum up you must have a target on your back

So now people are getting suspended for liking posts? Good Lord...who is reporting that and why?

I think Joe has made it clear that the mods only see a tiny percentage of the posts here, but after a brief spell where he and some of the other mods were being active in P/R and trying to get it going in the right direction again, they seem to have vanished and the state of P/R is just as bad as it was a year ago.  In other words, they have lost all control over this forum, and the only time anyone probably gets action taken against them is when someone reports them or they just happen to see a post they deem objectionable.  And to be fair, I wouldn't want to mod a forum of this size.  Seems like it would be the quickest way to stress yourself out. :lol:

This is Joe’s board, he can run it any way he likes, fair or unfair, bias or unbiased, Pro or Anti Trump, or all things in the middle.  I just don’t understand the need to cry victim, no one is forced to be here or interact.  I would not waste one precious moment of this life hanging out and complaining in a place I feel I’m being treated unfairly and that drives me to the point of writing long posts to complain about it (multiple times I might add).  Why add that to your life?  It seems so unnecessary.   I will just never understand this victim mentality that has become rampant in our society today. 

This is Joe’s board, he can run it any way he likes, fair or unfair, bias or unbiased, Pro or Anti Trump, or all things in the middle.  I just don’t understand the need to cry victim, no one is forced to be here or interact.  I would not waste one precious moment of this life hanging out and complaining in a place I feel I’m being treated unfairly and that drives me to the point of writing long posts to complain about it (multiple times I might add).  Why add that to your life?  It seems so unnecessary.   I will just never understand this victim mentality that has become rampant in our society today. 
this is david dodds's board too, and he was run off by liberal posters complaining about him non stop.

I miss when David Dodds use to post in political threads, he brought a lot of interesting points up.

this is david dodds's board too, and he was run off by liberal posters complaining about him non stop.

I miss when David Dodds use to post in political threads, he brought a lot of interesting points up.
He made a choice as a business owner, every business owner does that everyday.  He could have made a different one.  I miss his posts too (even if some were a bit “off”) and liked having his voice around as well but that was his choice.  The run off narrative is BS.  

He made a choice as a business owner, every business owner does that everyday.  He could have made a different one.  I miss his posts too (even if some were a bit “off”) and liked having his voice around as well but that was his choice.  The run off narrative is BS.  
Really? You must not remember how nasty people were to him.

This board is overwhelmingly liberal, and he wasn't posting popular liberal points, and it enraged the liberals so much that they started personally trashing him non stop.

They literally chased him out of political threads. 

Dodds didn't post unpopular "opinions." He posted insane conspiracy theories. There's an issue today where dangerous and unfounded nonsense gets called as such and people complain their "opinions" are being silenced, and I'm still not sure the best way to handle that. Twitter is trying by adding labels to official White House tweets but I'm not sure that's a long term solution.

Dodds didn't post unpopular "opinions." He posted insane conspiracy theories. There's an issue today where dangerous and unfounded nonsense gets called as such and people complain their "opinions" are being silenced, and I'm still not sure the best way to handle that. Twitter is trying by adding labels to official White House tweets but I'm not sure that's a long term solution.
See what I mean? 

Really? You must not remember how nasty people were to him.

This board is overwhelmingly liberal, and he wasn't posting popular liberal points, and it enraged the liberals so much that they started personally trashing him non stop.

They literally chased him out of political threads. 
I remember, I was defending him.  But he still had a choice.  It’s his business and he could have chosen differently, he didn’t.  This isn’t a democracy here, it’s a private business and Joe and David own the decisions they make.  

I remember, I was defending him.  But he still had a choice.  It’s his business and he could have chosen differently, he didn’t.  This isn’t a democracy here, it’s a private business and Joe and David own the decisions they make.  
would you label those complaining about Dodds cry babies that should have found something else to do with their time besides crying about what an owner does on his board?

He was told to stop posting in the PSF.  It's not BS

The run off is not BS. 
I don’t (and I don’t think any of you do either but could be wrong) know the ownership relationship between Joe and Dodd’s, be it a 50/50 thing or some other percentage.  But I’m assuming the 50/50 type thing.  If it’s skewed in Joes favor then its Joes choice (as it should be) if not then Dodd’s made a business choice/decision.  

I don’t (and I don’t think any of you do either but could be wrong) know the ownership relationship between Joe and Dodd’s, be it a 50/50 thing or some other percentage.  But I’m assuming the 50/50 type thing.  If it’s skewed in Joes favor then its Joes choice (as it should be) if not then Dodd’s made a business choice/decision.  
I don't know either and don't care but Joe has said numerous times he asked David not to post here.  It's not a secret

I don't know either and don't care but Joe has said numerous times he asked David not to post here.  It's not a secret
Sure. And if David acquiesced he made a choice. This is not complicated guys. David is a smart grown businessman. If Joe ask him to stop and he did he made a choice to stop. Plain and simple. Again I do not agree with it and wish he were still here, but that doesn’t change the choice he made. 

David Dodds is the GOAT when it comes to fantasy, and he built FBGs up to where it is today based on his tremendous fantasy knowledge in my opinion.

I have given money to FBGs for years because of David Dodd's projections and DFS articles, love that man. He has made me so much money on DFS I really ought to tip him thousands of dollars.

Just because his posting doesn't always align with CNN doesn't mean he should have been silenced, that's a shame.

---sorry Joe saw your post after I already posted, ill drop it

The smartest thing Joe, David, and all the rest could do is just to have zero "personal" presence in this forum.  Leave it to "faceless mod" to crack the whip when necessary. No need to have posters taking this to a personal level.

I know a restaurant owner who has always subscribed to this. Outside of work he has defined opinions that are often quite different from mine. But at his place all you will get is a smile during any discussion involving politics or religion.

The smartest thing Joe, David, and all the rest could do is just to have zero "personal" presence in this forum.  Leave it to "faceless mod" to crack the whip when necessary. No need to have posters taking this to a personal level.

I know a restaurant owner who has always subscribed to this. Outside of work he has defined opinions that are often quite different from mine. But at his place all you will get is a smile during any discussion involving politics or religion.
100% agree and have suggested as much in one form or another. But, theyve already said it a net loss for their business. It wouldnt mean anything to the crew if they didnt take something personal away from it.  The way it is, is the only reason it is still alive. 

@Maurile Tremblay question? 

I was recently responded back in March and my length of suspension was incredible weird and long. I was wondering how it was determined I got suspended for 1 month and 6 days? It's not just a weird figure but my suspension before that was a week. Is this something up to the mods discretion on length of time, multiple infractions in a thread or post etc? The weird part was the comment I made that got me suspended was I believe posted 3-5 days prior which seems pretty late for an infraction on a post handed out. More so curious how this occurred then anything else. 

Also not trying to debate the suspension here but more so trying to get an understanding why the mod who suspended me had me gone for that long. Before I was suspended another poster made some pretty vicious comments towards me that fortunately many in the community in the thread stood up in my defense for. Even had a few individuals who don't normally agree with me tell the person they were out of line. I just felt the whole how the events unfolded was a little strange for lack of better wording here. Any feedback here would be appreciated. Not trying to get anyone in trouble just trying to understand this 

and to be clear I believe you or Joe said in another thread of suspensions and all the Mod is suppose to give a comment or something of why the post broke forum guidelines if I understood correctly? If so since that was put in place non of the 2 suspensions I've had the mod has done so. 

@DJackson10, both of your suspensions have the "Note for member" field filled in (just quoting the offending post).

In terms of the length of the suspension, I don't know what to tell you. The mods move in mysterious ways. Whoever gives the suspension tries to figure out what duration would be reasonable under the circumstances and makes a judgment call, but it's more art than science (and refrigerator art at that).

@DJackson10, both of your suspensions have the "Note for member" field filled in (just quoting the offending post).

In terms of the length of the suspension, I don't know what to tell you. The mods move in mysterious ways. Whoever gives the suspension tries to figure out what duration would be reasonable under the circumstances and makes a judgment call, but it's more art than science (and refrigerator art at that).
Ok thank you for clarifying that with me. When I read about Mods are suppose to tell what was the offended post I was not sure if they are suppose quote the offending post and then summarize why it went against board rules or not. Thats where I got confused. 

Yes I appreciate you explaining that. I just felt it was a bit weird I went from a week to a month and a week. Again not arguing if I should've been or not just curious on why the longer suspension. I appreciate the explanations though. 

Users who are viewing this thread