What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

It's possible someone might ask you to define an assault rifle down to the last inch.
I meant to post that in the assault rifle thread. I'm going to delete it in here. I timed out in the assault rifle thread when writing it up, and had to sign back on, and put it in the wrong thread when reposting.  :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
The sickening part of this is somewhere someone out there is thinking of another way to carry out their massacre and there is very little that can be done other than hope they are stupid enough to get caught beforehand.
And now they have a new record to....no pun intended...shoot for. So sad.

Apparently the girlfriend is again a "person of interest." Not a lot of details as to why, though. Presumably not cooperating enough?
Couldn’t believe it was reported that she wasn’t of interest so quickly. Or was that bull####? 

Oh hey, you’re in the Philippines? Ok, you’re good. 

Didn't seem to make any sense to me.

Couldn’t believe it was reported that she wasn’t of interest so quickly. Or was that bull####

Oh hey, you’re in the Philippines? Ok, you’re good. 

Didn't seem to make any sense to me.
Thinking this so she doesn't resist returning?

The hot new conspiracy theory among crazy people (posted by "MAGAcentipede09") is that the shooter was secretly an FBI agent selling guns to ISIS ala "Fast and Furious", that the ISIS terrorists figured it out, killed him, shot up the concert, and escaped. Oh, also the FBI knows all about what happened and is keeping it under wraps to avoid the bad PR. 

Oh, and the source is supposedly a "disgruntled LVMPD officer."

The hot new conspiracy theory among crazy people (posted by "MAGAcentipede09") is that the shooter was secretly an FBI agent selling guns to ISIS ala "Fast and Furious", that the ISIS terrorists figured it out, killed him, shot up the concert, and escaped. Oh, also the FBI knows all about what happened and is keeping it under wraps to avoid the bad PR. 

Oh, and the source is supposedly a "disgruntled LVMPD officer."
Spend 20 mins in Reddit conspiracy and you'll read far worse.

My only thing is this. He filmed it. Where's the film and what did it say? The only reason you would film it is to show motive or to be used by a 3rd party as propaganda.  LE says no motive so far which I find to be bs. Which means that it is possible that Isis is telling the truth and he was video streaming this to their servers in which case soon enough a propaganda video will show up on the web. That's pretty far out there but my brain can imagine it. More likely though is he wanted to leave a record. 

the FBI has the computer and the cameras (fact) so why are they still saying no motive. 

Shooting started at 10:09 ended around 10:20. It took until midnight for police to say he's dead. That leaves plenty of time for him to film his manifesto if there was one.  The earliest he would have killed himself is about an hour after he stopped shooting which is when the security guard was shot in the leg. So he spent an hour or so doing something. What?

My only thing is this. He filmed it. Where's the film and what did it say? The only reason you would film it is to show motive or to be used by a 3rd party as propaganda.  LE says no motive so far which I find to be bs. Which means that it is possible that Isis is telling the truth and he was video streaming this to their servers in which case soon enough a propaganda video will show up on the web. That's pretty far out there but my brain can imagine it. More likely though is he wanted to leave a record. 

the FBI has the computer and the cameras (fact) so why are they still saying no motive. 

Shooting started at 10:09 ended around 10:20. It took until midnight for police to say he's dead. That leaves plenty of time for him to film his manifesto if there was one.  The earliest he would have killed himself is about an hour after he stopped shooting which is when the security guard was shot in the leg. So he spent an hour or so doing something. What?
I worry about this as well, with the girlfriend being in the phillipinnes and having money wired. The shock factor ISIS would be looking for pulling this off while turning your everyday white dude, but one very skilled and smart into one of them. 

Really hope this isn't the case. 

Actually, I believe the security guard was shot around 10:28, at least according to a NYT article that was pulling quotes from the police scanner. They had identified the room it was coming from at 10:24.

Actually, I believe the security guard was shot around 10:28, at least according to a NYT article that was pulling quotes from the police scanner. They had identified the room it was coming from at 10:24.
So let's move forward. The swat team breached the door sometime after 11 and lvpd says guys dead at midnight. 

So he shot himself some time between 10:30 and 11:20 ish based on the timeline I read at USA Today.  I had read elsewhere or maybe I'm misremembering that he shot at swat before the breach as well.  

Who knows? I'm sure there will be more info leaking out tomorrow

I heard last night that all 3 cameras were used to monitor the hallway and none were used to record the actual attack. Not that they wouldn't pick up what he might have been saying but if true, it doesn't sound like they were used for propaganda purposes. 

I wonder why he stopped shooting at all.  I assumed he offed himself after the security guard came up.  But figured that was at about the 20 minute mark. 

I wonder why he stopped shooting at all.  I assumed he offed himself after the security guard came up.  But figured that was at about the 20 minute mark. 
Occams Razor says he offed himself when confronted by the first guard. Timing lines up too well. No reason he wouldn't resume shooting otherwise... had tons of ammo/weapons still.  I'm going with that until shown something better. 

Occams Razor says he offed himself when confronted by the first guard. Timing lines up too well. No reason he wouldn't resume shooting otherwise... had tons of ammo/weapons still.  I'm going with that until shown something better. 
You still just chilling in a chair, watching people losing their minds?  I believe you said popcorn was in the kettle in the corner.   

:goodposting: Was just going to post this. Security guard spooked him and dude offed himself. Don't overthink it.

Which makes you wonder...had the nutjob not done that, he had almost another hour before police finally got to his room to be firing the thousands of rounds of ammo he had all over that room. As bad as this was, that security guard saved a helluva lot of people.

:goodposting: Was just going to post this. Security guard spooked him and dude offed himself. Don't overthink it.

Which makes you wonder...had the nutjob not done that, he had almost another hour before police finally got to his room to be firing the thousands of rounds of ammo he had all over that room. As bad as this was, that security guard saved a helluva lot of people.
I would imagine if the shooting continued they would have gone in a bit more urgently. 

If he was clever, he could have anticipated a security guard coming up, shot him, stole his clothes and walked out of the building. 

Pleasuring himself.

Reddit conspiracy got over-run with T_D posters and Dodds minded individuals during the election.  They were more responsible for the pizzagate shooting than 4chan.

You have several things you are stating as fact which likely come from there, which are incorrect.  

The most likely situation is he shot through the door at the security and then turned the gun on himself.  The "took till midnight" is irrelevant and doesn't mean he was in there going unibomber.  What he was likely doing is bleeding out thru the head.

Arriving to the suite 9 minutes after the first shot and took a bullet. He's a hero IMO

I don't believe for a minute that once the shooting stopped the urgency of the police response dwindled.
 Maybe I am mistaken but reports are that active shooting lasted between 10 and 15 minutes yet the timelines that I've read show the police didn't breach the room until over an hour after the shooting started. 

It was awesome to see the line of people in Vegas donating blood after the shooting. 
There is always more good than evil.

The evil just screams so much louder than good's whispers.

So hard in these times to believe that but as flawed as we are, there are so many more of us willing to help instead of harm.

Don't let the negative folks on your Facebook feed sway you with end of times crap or stereotypically agendas and don't buy what the media outlets and/or politicians try to sell you.

Be part of the people helping pick up the pieces 

The shooter was actually pretty pathetic from a numbers standpoint. He actually only hit about 6% of the crowd while perched from above and spraying bullets into the huge concentrated group. (based on 600 people hit and 10k people at the show. If the crowd was 15k, it goes down to 4%). If some of the people hit were outside the concert (on the street, near the hotel, etc), the percentage of people hit inside the venue goes down even more.

What a loser. Im betting he thought he killed thousands before offing himself.

The sheriff stated yesterday that when the shooting stopped and nearby rooms were cleared, they switched from active shooter mode to barricade mode, and took their time.
This is what I was going to say.  They said they would've breached the door sooner if the shooting had continued.  Pretty sure he said it was protocol. 

Think about it this way: if you know this guy is firing heavily on the crowd and has now stopped, you might think he's gearing up to fight you when you breach that door.  If you're not ready, and he overpowers you, he can go right back to shooting civilians on the ground again.  This is just me thinking. 

The security guard drew his fire, and then police showed up.  Someone mentioned SWAT over the radio around the time they showed up, and he was monitoring the hallway, so maybe that's why he finally panicked.  We'll have to wait to hear when someone heard the last shot to have a good idea.

Regardless, I was happy to hear some sort of blood spatter expert suggest the guy died slowly, even with the fatal head shot.  Plenty of time to let whatever demons were running around in his head to take hold before the lights went out.

Users who are viewing this thread