What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dating is a joke (1 Viewer)

Play the game.

If you're good looking and in shape, certain types will come to you in droves.

If you're financially successful, certain types will come to you in droves.

If you are both of the above, the dating world is yours and you will have your pick of the litter.

If you are none of the above, find an angle like poetry club or Christian singles groups...whatever tickles your fancy.

or just come to the realization that you're not a good catch.and dating will always suck for you because you don't have a lot to offer.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
New to the thread, but gonna throw my  :2cents:  in. 

Just this past week, I heard the “dating sucks, no good women out there” from a friend. He’s 31 and going through a divorce (HS sweetheart wife flaked out on him, moved out, but wanted to get back together later... blah blah; they have two young kids, including a 2 year old; she did the same thing after having their first kid.) He finally got tired of what it was doing to him & the kids and filed.

This guy is a good-looking, great dad, who’s in nursing school and well-liked by everyone I know. But he meets a different girl each week, dates them once or twice, and moves to the next. Internet gals, bars, etc.

I asked him what he was looking for. He couldn’t give me a straight answer, other than saying someone that he had more in common with and to date her more than just a couple of times.

My response was that if he was just looking to have fun and date around, then that was he was gonna get. But I also told him to figure out more of what he wanted long-term, for him and his kids, and that he’d probably meet someone of a better quality once he’d found himself. 

In my experience in the dating world, having realistic expectations and a clear direction in your life is very attractive to women. 

I don’t neccessarily agree with the OPs position but I do agree that dating and romance in this country is a joke. We are so self absorbed as a society that i believe we will soon see negative birth rates that we have already seen in places like Japan.

We are losing our humanity more and more each day.

OP's "blog" may be the most cringe inducing thing I've read in some time.  My take is that people troll dating sites who know their odds of getting any real action from a dating site are very low. 

OP's "blog" may be the most cringe inducing thing I've read in some time.  My take is that people troll dating sites who know their odds of getting any real action from a dating site are very low. 
:bingo: 

Common defense mechanism... psych(o) 101 really. After you’ve failed at a game so many times, it’s just easier on your fragile ego to pretend the game is stupid and you’re not interested in playing. 

The sad part here is he actually thinks he’s funny, which is why he’s attempting to drum up traction here. The problem is, he’s NOT funny, and there are already many sites (like tinder nightmares) our there who are. 

This too shall pass.... thankfully 

:bingo: 

Common defense mechanism... psych(o) 101 really. After you’ve failed at a game so many times, it’s just easier on your fragile ego to pretend the game is stupid and you’re not interested in playing. 

The sad part here is he actually thinks he’s funny, which is why he’s attempting to drum up traction here. The problem is, he’s NOT funny, and there are already many sites (like tinder nightmares) our there who are. 

This too shall pass.... thankfully 
applause dot gif

New to the thread, but gonna throw my  :2cents:  in. 

Just this past week, I heard the “dating sucks, no good women out there” from a friend. He’s 31 and going through a divorce (HS sweetheart wife flaked out on him, moved out, but wanted to get back together later... blah blah; they have two young kids, including a 2 year old; she did the same thing after having their first kid.) He finally got tired of what it was doing to him & the kids and filed.

This guy is a good-looking, great dad, who’s in nursing school and well-liked by everyone I know. But he meets a different girl each week, dates them once or twice, and moves to the next. Internet gals, bars, etc.

I asked him what he was looking for. He couldn’t give me a straight answer, other than saying someone that he had more in common with and to date her more than just a couple of times.

My response was that if he was just looking to have fun and date around, then that was he was gonna get. But I also told him to figure out more of what he wanted long-term, for him and his kids, and that he’d probably meet someone of a better quality once he’d found himself. 

In my experience in the dating world, having realistic expectations and a clear direction in your life is very attractive to women. 
Bingo. You seem to have found yourself a solid one, based on meeting her at Lucero :thumbup:  

I'm -- as people here know -- into modern sex roles and gender identity. Is this blog just hate-filled, or is it something that has some insight? 

Well, they're not prizes but there's something about kindness that you're fundamentally missing here. 

Take the Thumper from Bambi approach: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. 

Just move on instead of castigating these women and you'll be a lot happier. You can't change the world or what these women do. They're going to do it regardless of your opinion. Don't forget, they're trying to make it in the world, too -- just like you are.  

Well, they're not prizes but there's something about kindness that you're fundamentally missing here. 

Take the Thumper from Bambi approach: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. 

Just move on instead of castigating these women and you'll be a lot happier. You can't change the world or what these women do. They're going to do it regardless of your opinion. Don't forget, they're trying to make it in the world, too -- just like you are.  
If he takes your advice, how will he ever be able to fool himself into thinking he's more desirable and worthwhile than he really is?

I mean, he's trolling these women!  Only people who are super desirable with tons of options would take the time to do that.  Right?

If he takes your advice, how will he ever be able to fool himself into thinking he's more desirable and worthwhile than he really is?

I mean, he's trolling these women!  Only people who are super desirable with tons of options would take the time to do that.  Right?
Yeah, his responses were pretty mean. I mean, should you be dating with a two-month old? Likely not. Should you be trying to date while seven months pregnant? Likely not. 

But there are some things we don't say because the act of saying them means you're unfit for something. In this case, he's unfit for dating these women who probably are actually really vulnerable at this point in their lives. Nobody's ever going to accuse me of being a "lay your coat down over a puddle" guy, but this seems mean. 

I hope the OP takes a moment of self-reflection.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread