What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anthony Miller WR Houston Texans (3 Viewers)

He acts like 26 is young, especially for a WR that has yet to break out and has shoulder issues.  I'm not seeing it.  I traded him this morning for K J Hill and a 2021 2nd and feel good about it.
He's been in the NFL for 2 years. On a team with Robinson, no other WR threat and Jimmy Graham isn't a big TE threat. Cohen is the next biggest competition for targets. Opportunity is there.

We're in the same league and "a 2021 2nd" isn't accurate without context. It's a devy league, so it's depleted. The team is also good, so it's a late 2nd. This year the last 4 picks in round 2 were Bowden, Keene, Duvernay, Love.

He's been in the NFL for 2 years. On a team with Robinson, no other WR threat and Jimmy Graham isn't a big TE threat. Cohen is the next biggest competition for targets. Opportunity is there.

We're in the same league and "a 2021 2nd" isn't accurate without context. It's a devy league, so it's depleted. The team is also good, so it's a late 2nd. This year the last 4 picks in round 2 were Bowden, Keene, Duvernay, Love.
I happen to be high on K J Hill, so the 2nd was a throw-in to me personally.  I don't believe that team is all that good.  He has Matt Ryan, Tua, Darnold at QB, with Carson and Mack at RB and with Julio and D J Moore at WR (good), Chark, Jeffrey, and McLaurin at WR (decent I guess), and he does have Kittle at TE.  In a start 2RB league I believe he will have issues at RB.  So, there is that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to be high on K J Hill, so the 2nd was a throw-in to me personally.  I don't believe that team is all that good.  He has Matt Ryan, Tua, Darnold at QB, with Carson and Mack at RB and with Julio and D J Moore at WR (good), Chark, Jeffrey, and McLaurin at WR (decent I guess), and he does have Kittle at TE.  In a start 2RB league I believe he will have issues at RB.  So, there is that.
I'd like to hear why you're high on KJ Hill?

That team also has Dalvin Cook, who you forgot to mention. Those WR's were 3 of the top 20 in PPG in our 14 team league. McLaurin was 30th and likely improving. Only concern of that team is injuries and depth at RB. But in a 14 teamer, he's a contender.

Anthony Miller was averaging 72 yards per game over a 6 week sample size, until his shoulder injury in week 17. This coincided with Taylor Gabriel not playing. 

72 yards X 16 games = 1,152 yards in a season 

That team also has Dalvin Cook, who you forgot to mention. Those WR's were 3 of the top 20 in PPG in our 14 team league. McLaurin was 30th and likely improving. Only concern of that team is injuries and depth at RB. But in a 14 teamer, he's a contender.

Anthony Miller was averaging 72 yards per game over a 6 week sample size, until his shoulder injury in week 17. This coincided with Taylor Gabriel not playing. 

Juice, yes, I overlooked Cook, but there is no room for injuries.  Plus, I doubt his QB play and his WR depth.

As for Hill, I see him getting opportunities quickly for the Chargers.  I like this article on him - https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/04/how-ohio-state-footballs-kj-hill-can-become-the-complete-steal-ryan-day-says-he-is-for-the-chargers.html

Not to mention one more year of a bum shoulder and he has no value.  If he had much to begin with.

We're getting sidetracked a bit here, but Ryan/Cook/Carson/Julio/DJMoore/Chark/McLaurin/Kittle is a really good core in a 14 team league.

He really had some solid stretches last year despite the Bears offense being pretty ugly most of the season.

Passes the eye test very well to me and Foles did target the slot quite a bit in Philly.

Just injuries and consistency holding him back. I see a decent FLEX/WR3 type season this year if he stays healthy.

Being older caps his value to the point he can't be the "next Godwin" but "next Tyler Boyd" is a solid and very possible outcome

Bears wide receivers coach Mike Furrey said WR Anthony Miller will keep to a "more structured preparation schedule" this season.

“In the middle of the season, I believe Anthony really started having an idea and understanding what it takes not just how to step inside the 4-inch line and go play football, but how to start developing himself as a professional through a process leading up to a game,” Furrey said. "“That’s something we’ve been talking about all offseason, continuing to grow him from a maturity standpoint, educating himself on the game, what it takes to become a professional. We will have a structured schedule throughout the week, and that process will help him become more successful on Sundays when we line up.” Miller is currently rehabbing following his second offseason shoulder surgery in as many years but should enter Chicago's season opener the healthiest he's been since initially joining the Bears as their No. 51 overall pick out of Memphis in '18. With little competition behind himself and Allen Robinson, the 25-year-old slot wideout remains a bet-on-talent WR3 for fantasy leagues this year.

SOURCE: The Chicago Tribune

Jun 26, 2020, 12:15 PM ET

The Bears have been talking this guy up since they drafted him. Obviously the injuries are well documented in this thread - the offseason shoulder surgery is a big concern. I think he could end up a low-end WR3 if the Bears can get better production at the QB position (assuming he stays healthy).  I don't plan on targeting him this year like I did last season but would definitely be interested in the upside if I can get him as my WR4 or WR5 (assuming I don't draft a QB or TE until late).

Passes the eye test very well to me and Foles did target the slot quite a bit in Philly.

Just injuries and consistency holding him back. I see a decent FLEX/WR3 type season this year if he stays healthy.

Being older caps his value to the point he can't be the "next Godwin" but "next Tyler Boyd" is a solid and very possible outcome
Boyd was turning close to WR2 numbers at the age of twenty-three if I'm not mistaken.  I think they're the same age. 

woodstock said:
Boyd was turning close to WR2 numbers at the age of twenty-three if I'm not mistaken.  I think they're the same age. 
Yeah Boyd ia actually younger by a month. I think Robert Woods might be a better trajectory for Miller owners.

Unless Foles starts, the defense falters and they throw more (not impossible), I think his ceiling is a spot start flex as long as he is on the Bears

Anthony Miller (shoulder) participated in team drills Tuesday.

Miller again underwent offseason shoulder surgery for a second straight year, but he crushed his rehab and remains on track to be full throttle for Week 1. After Allen Robinson, Miller is the most talented wideout in Chicago and should have a clear path to every-down snaps. Miller was phenomenal down the stretch last season, averaging 5.7 catches for 72 yards across the final six weeks before going down in the Week 17 finale on a meaningless special teams play. He looks like a potential value pick as the WR53 in half-PPR drafts at the moment.

SOURCE: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Aug 25, 2020, 9:20 PM ET

Anthony Miller caught 4-of-6 targets for 76 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 against Detroit.

Miller caught a 27-yard TD to give Chicago the lead in the final two minutes. He took advantage of the Lions losing their top two corners in the fourth quarter, through Miller saw some of his reps out of the slot. Miller had the best camp among Chicago’s receivers. He looks destined to take a step forward in Year 3.

- Rotoworld

Incredibly quiet until they played hurry-up, then it came on fast. 
I agree which is why I have no idea how to value him.  I would dismiss him, but there are some studs that stay quiet all game except for hurry up offenses.

Bears WR Anthony Miller played just 42 percent of the team's Week 1 snaps against Detroit. 

Miller saw 25 snaps from the slot and two on the outside. He drew six targets, catching four for 76 yards and a touchdown in Chicago's second half comeback. Miller's limited usage and target share should serve as something of a red flag for fantasy players pleased by his Week 1 stat line. In Week 2 against the Giants, Miller will once again be a volatile fantasy option. 

Sep 14, 2020, 11:30 AM ET

Jeff Dickerson @DickersonNFL

Bears clearly want better from WR Anthony Miller in Week 3. Matt Nagy referenced Miller’s drop in the end zone three separate times on Monday.
Didn't Miller request a trade? No time like the present - although I wouldn't be shining a light on drops if thinking about moving him.

Anthony Miller caught 2-of-5 targets for 41 yards and a touchdown in Week 3 against Atlanta.

Shockingly, Miller now has two scores in three games to open the season despite not recording a catch in Week 2. He let another touchdown slip through his hands against the Falcons, but don't let that overshadow the fact that Miller was a key piece in the Bears' comeback effort. Prior to this game, the Bears operated with three WRs on just 45% of their snaps, limiting Miller's playing time. That might change now with Nick Foles at quarterback.

Sep 27, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Bears slot WR Anthony Miller is "likely to be dealt."

The Bears are in trade discussions with other teams already. Miller arguably has more talent than what his production would suggest and a change of scenery could tap into that theoretical potential. For now, Miller is a low-end starting slot receiver with just one year left on his rookie contract. A Miller trade would dump more targets into Darnell Mooney's lap, but the Bears are a team destined to make a few desperate moves over the next month. Miller has averaged 521 yards and 3.7 touchdowns through his first three NFL seasons.

RELATED: 

Darnell Mooney

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 16, 2021, 3:41 PM ET

I'm sure he's happy to get out of Chicago. I'll be interested in seeing how he looks with a better offense/QB. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bears "have been discussing" trading WR Anthony Miller.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported at the start of the new league year last month that Miller was "likely to be dealt," but nothing has come of it to this point. It sounds like something could happen in the near future, however, but interested teams have yet to be identified. Miller is entering the final year of his rookie deal that is set to pay him just over $1.21 million in salary. Miller has shown flashes of promise in Chicago, but nobody has made any noise as a pass-catcher there outside of Allen Robinson with Mitchell Trubisky under center in recent years.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 7, 2021, 2:27 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread