What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Mims, DEN (1 Viewer)

Yeah, you'll see it expand, but when Matt Harmon did his Reception Perception in-season check-in with Mims, it wasn't pretty. He wasn't ready to run professional routes yet, said Harmon. His charting was one of the worst of the rookie receivers getting any playing time.

We'll see how long Payton sticks with a guy that was the first pick of his tenure, IIRC.

What’s his value with Jeudy trade?
Late 2nd? Didn't really do anything last year so still rather unknown. Quite a few rookie WRs I like better.
I'd probably even say round 3. Mims showed very little as a rookie, QB is a major question, its highly unlikely they don't add multiple WR (Michael Thomas makes sense, plus a rookie) and its possible Payton doesn't have it without Brees.

Denverbroncos.com - Mims has earned plenty of hardware following his rookie season, as he was named a Pro Football Writers of America All-AFC and All-Rookie selection, a second-team AP All-Pro and a Pro Bowler.

I think with Jeudy out of the picture and assuming some level of competent QB play - Mims could be in that WR2-WR3 range. I could be wrong but he passes the eye test for me. Has a knack for getting open for the deep ball, kind of a long strider, not very explosive but solid. Good hands.

I don't know well enough to put a number on it, but I definitely like him a lot more today than yesterday. If I had to approximate him with a 2024 pick right now, gun to my head ... 2.04?

In 1 QB FFPC, we have roster cutdown at the end of March. Mims was a borderline cut for me. About 10 days ago, I got a larger offer that included Mims from my side. I rejected and countered with Mims for 2.03. He rejected. Other guy sent the same offer today, his 2.03 for Mims, and I accepted.

I don't know well enough to put a number on it, but I definitely like him a lot more today than yesterday. If I had to approximate him with a 2024 pick right now, gun to my head ... 2.04?

In 1 QB FFPC, we have roster cutdown at the end of March. Mims was a borderline cut for me. About 10 days ago, I got a larger offer that included Mims from my side. I rejected and countered with Mims for 2.03. He rejected. Other guy sent the same offer today, his 2.03 for Mims, and I accepted.
You did good trading him while the hype is still there. You are going to get someone like Trey Benson, Drake Maye, or Roman Wilson with that 2.03. All are better prospects than Mims.

Users who are viewing this thread