What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Mims, DEN (1 Viewer)

Scott Barrett
Broncos Longest Gains of 2023 Season

1 Marvin Mims, 99 yds
2 Marvin Mims, 60
3 Marvin Mims, 53
4 Brandon Johnson, 50
5 Jerry Jeudy, 46
6 Marvin Mims, 45
7 Marvin Mims, 38
8 Marvin Mims, 30
9 Marvin Mims, 30
10 Marvin Mims, 25

Mims has just 7 catches + 5 kick returns this year
Current Leaders in YPRR

1. Marvin Mims (7.22)
2. Tyreek Hill (5.09)
3. Brandon Aiyuk (3.66)
4. Keenan Allen (3.59)

Current Leaders in Routes Run

1. Justin Jefferson (141)
2. KJ Osborn (130)
175. Noah Brown (36)
194. Latavius Murray (30)
200. Marvin Mims (27)

Marvin Mims

2019: most receiving yards by a HS player in United States history

2020: 2nd-best ever age-adjusted YPRR in PFF College history

2021: best ever YPT in PFF College history

2023: literally the most efficient and most explosive player in the national football league
Sean, this is Marvin Mims

He had a historically great analytics profile so we traded up to take him in Round 2. Right now he leads the league in yards per play, and he's literally the only thing that's been working for us on offense.

His only flaw is that you won’t play him

Dropped Scary Terry for him in a shallow bench league where he'll be my WR4 or 5 (Pickens is the other). Can't argue with the production, even if it is very JAX Allen Robinson-esque.

Watch Matt Waldman's take on Mims this week. This dude is really good.

I haven't seen Waldman's take, but the only offensive rookie I am more impressed with so far this year is Achane. Mims is a much more talented version of Judy. Only a matter of time before he forces his way into the featured role, and I do think that time will come at some point this season.

Really feels like this guy just needs opportunity. His yards per target is insane. I would love to know if he isn’t being targeted more due to him just not being used or is he just not getting open any other time?

Really feels like this guy just needs opportunity. His yards per target is insane. I would love to know if he isn’t being targeted more due to him just not being used or is he just not getting open any other time?
I’ll answer my own question. Mims had just 10 routes run all day.

He leads the Broncos in receiving yards by 26 yards. He has run just 36 routes. Sutton has run 129. Jeudy has run 87. Mims is 6th in routes run for the Broncos.

His lack of usage is insanity.

He leads the Broncos in receiving yards by 26 yards. He has run just 36 routes. Sutton has run 129. Jeudy has run 87. Mims is 6th in routes run for the Broncos.

Certainly seems so

Ryan Heath
Denver Broncos receiving yards leaders:
1. MARVIN MIMS (242)
2. Courtland Sutton (216)
3. Jerry Jeudy (158)

Denver Broncos target leaders:
1. Courtland Sutton (28)
2. Jerry Jeudy (17)
3. Javonte Williams (14)
4. Samaje Perine (13)
5. MARVIN MIMS (11)

Somebody who is good at coaching please help me budget this, my offense is starving

There's got to be some reason Payton isn't playing him more, and it almost certainly has to do with practice, since nobody can see a reason not to play him more from just watching the games. It's possible that if Payton is doing this it will benefit Mims in the long run, by making him more professional. It's also possible that Payton is simply an egotistical jerk.

Cecil Lammey mentioned on the Sunday podcast that Mims is mostly practicing on running plays. So if Denver is ever able to keep a game close, then you might see more of Mims. Maybe they are trying to turn him into Cordarelle Patterson - i.e. give him running plays that set up lanes similar to a punt return, to use Matt Waldman's analogy of the role of Patterson and Deebo.

Dropped Scary Terry for him in a shallow bench league where he'll be my WR4 or 5 (Pickens is the other). Can't argue with the production, even if it is very JAX Allen Robinson-esque.
Oops
Meh, Terry had the bigger game this week but it was really 8 for 86, the TD was a fumble recovery. Looks like Terry and Mims both have a ceiling around 16ish PPR points, but I have more faith in Russ (and expect them to be trailing often) than I do in Howell.

Only played 17 snaps. Had the biggest catch of the game. Something's gotta give here. Im holding.
Ahead of him is Brandon Johnson, who went undrafted last year but has stuck. Had a 60% snap share yesterday, scored a short TD. Arguably, Mims has done more with less, so as others have deduced, he's earned more run. That in fact was reported, yesterday morning I think, that getting him more involved was something Payton had mentioned. Noted above, Mims jr. has a carry or two, of the jet sweep variety perhaps? He's not a ball-carrier, my guess is they're considering him for the down & distance role. They're definitely working on it.

I'm guessing his biggest value increase will be when one, if not both of the other WR's are traded to a contender.
I found that back in March New England was among a number of teams expressing interest in Jerry Jeudy. He was also shopped at the deadline last year. Key or relevant perhaps is that he's the product of a "noted Patriots feeder program" there at Alabama. Denver apparently priced him out but a local source contends that Jeudy's value has since dipped. Plus, the Patriots still need help at WR. I would upgrade your guess to likelihood.

I'm guessing his biggest value increase will be when one, if not both of the other WR's are traded to a contender.
I found that back in March New England was among a number of teams expressing interest in Jerry Jeudy. He was also shopped at the deadline last year. Key or relevant perhaps is that he's the product of a "noted Patriots feeder program" there at Alabama. Denver apparently priced him out but a local source contends that Jeudy's value has since dipped. Plus, the Patriots still need help at WR. I would upgrade your guess to likelihood.

As both a Jeudy and Mims owner, I would love to see Jeudy traded. NE may not be the best option (for us fantasy owners), but they could use an alpha for sure.

Drop Pickens for Mims? Is that too much of a stretch?

Johnson's return is going to eat into Pickens' production and there's limited upside with these Steelers QBs.

usage slowly ticking upwards, suddenly russ looks like, dare I say it, competent? this offense is just beginning to chug down the runway headed to take off and wheels up time. favorable second half schedule and Mims should see far more looks

What is Mims dynasty upside? Does he have a WR1 ceiling?

I would guess more likely high-end WR2. Few WRs his size become legit WR1s w/o return yards persisting, which rarely happens once the player becomes featured at WR. That said there are exceptions to this - Antonio Brown, Steve Smith, Tyreek to name a few - but they tend to have extremely exceptional characteristics beyond size.

Last edited:
Tonight could be his Breakout Game against
the Chiefs on national TV

He broke out for me during weeks 2 and 3. Preseason, really, but a big tell for me in the real games was when he made splash plays those weeks as both a returner and WR. Health (always) permitting, I think it's only a matter of time this year, before lil homie starts putting up WR2-worthy fantasy production.

Users who are viewing this thread