What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOB said:
Crazy that Cousins would take that deal.

But good for him and GSW.

Oh well.
I think it is smart on him, he is showing others that he is betting on himself and committing to winning. If he is fully healthy come playoff time he can be the 2nd best player on that team for a championship run and then he is going to get paid.

YET, had he signed with the Lakers it was a big joke. huh
He is going to a team where he could be the 5th or 6th best player on a team if he is still injured, and if not he could still play well and be 4th while winning a title. Not rehabbing to the be the 2nd best players with no shooters on the team to space the floor and getting bounced in the 2nd round.

Last edited by a moderator:
shadyridr said:
Wtf are you talking about? Lebron became public enemy #1 for creating a super team
Not with everyone. After a year or two things kind of calmed down. More people were upset with how he went about his decision rather than where he went though. Theres still people who just hate him because of that. I don't as theres other reasons not to really like him. I didn't think at the time it was a Smart PR move by him when everyone and their mother knew he was going to MIA. Even as a causal fan you knew that.

HellToupee said:
I wonder what @timschochets, super laker fan , take on Boogie to GS is 
1 year deal right? 

Repeating myself for perhaps the 4th time: no way would the Lakers win it all this year. Golden State’s rival is not the Lakers; it’s Houston. Getting Cousins, if he’s healthy in the playoffs,  gives GS a decisive edge against Houston (although with the loss of Ariza the Rockets were going to be a worse team anyhow.) 

As for the Lakers next summer will be the key. Either one of their young guys emerge, or they sign another superstar, or hopefully both, and they’re in business. If not, then not. 

Jaren Jackson Jr. kicked off his Summer League in style, racking up 29 points (9-of-15 FGs, 3-of-5 FTs) with three boards, two blocks and eight(!) 3-pointers.

He's been dominating in camp and it carried over to his debut. JJJ has been working on his shooting with assistant coach Jerry Stackhouse and it showed tonight, and his defense was as good as advertised. The Grizzlies also used him next to center Deyonta Davis, an indication that they will use him alongside Marc Gasol when the games matter. If tonight was an indication, JJJ could be special.

This is why people loved Jackson. I know it is just summer league, but the upside is there.

Not with everyone. After a year or two things kind of calmed down. More people were upset with how he went about his decision rather than where he went though. Theres still people who just hate him because of that. I don't as theres other reasons not to really like him. I didn't think at the time it was a Smart PR move by him when everyone and their mother knew he was going to MIA. Even as a causal fan you knew that.
No it didn't, LeBron was getting roasted for losing to the Mavs with the team he built, and then casual fans like yourself wrongly roasted him again when he left the Heat to go back to the Cavs and screwed over Bosh to the tune of him getting 100 million dollar contract and Wade got like 35 from the Heat and 50 more from the Bulls.

This is how the league where the Globetrotters and Washington Generals ended up. Used to be super competitive and then the “Trots” just kept on signing all star after all star and everyone in the league thought it was great...until they dominated so badly team after team disbanded until only two were left.

When we go to a game with our grandkids and see the Warriors playing the Raptors night after night don’t say I didn’t warn you.

It feels like when you go the gym to play a little ball and all the good guys have formed one team to hold court.  Just beating up on the scrubs.  

Yeah, it's not against the rules.  But don't be an effing tool.
Except these guys do it for a living and are the best in the world and make millions of dollars and rehab real injuries.

This is how the league where the Globetrotters and Washington Generals ended up. Used to be super competitive and then the “Trots” just kept on signing all star after all star and everyone in the league thought it was great...until they dominated so badly team after team disbanded until only two were left.

When we go to a game with our grandkids and see the Warriors playing the Raptors night after night don’t say I didn’t warn you.
When the Bulls won 72 games, then 69, then 62 while winning 3 straight titles did you think the league would fold? How about when Shaq and Kobe won 3 in a row? Maybe when Celtics won 8 in a row and like 11 out of 13? Why are we still here then?

It feels like when you go the gym to play a little ball and all the good guys have formed one team to hold court.  Just beating up on the scrubs.  

Yeah, it's not against the rules.  But don't be an effing tool.
:lmao:  you must be one of the scrubs

Max Power said:
 I just don't remember my youth as Jordan asking for Ewing and Reggie Miller to come play with him
MJ and those guys didn't like each other at all. It's what made the dream team so great. None of those guys really wanted to play with one another. Rumor has it Isiah Thomas was banned from he team do to everyone actually hating his team the most and borderline assault fouls they committed Only ever time you saw these guys play with one another was an all star game. Nightly they wanted to beat each other and prove who the best was. 

Greatest game no one ever saw

I am starting to think Durant is the mastermind of the NBA, tanks the 3 - 1 lead to the Warriors so he can go there, makes up fake twitter accounts and probably is behind everything that happened in Philly to keep LeBron from going there and having a legit chance to beat the Warriors, then watches LeBron come to LA and slowly use up their cap money to drop the hammer that he has been recruiting Cousins and smash the dreams the Lakers and the Laker fan base.

scoobus said:
Helluva time to be a Warrior's fan.

Don't think this reflects very well on the league, but Adam Silver seems to think there's nothing wrong so :shrug:
He can't without upsetting the guys who put him in that chair the Owner son the league. Don't think for one second these owners crying how it's not fair is true. It's all PR to look good. In their heads Silver is making them huge revenue right now. Hence his extension

You must be a blast at parties.
Says the guy that wants the NBA to step in because the Warriors are having too much fun, or hates on KD because he went to win rings. I bet at birthday parties you pull the rope on the kids when they are about to hit the pinata.

Says the guy that wants the NBA to step in because the Warriors are having too much fun, or hates on KD because he went to win rings. I bet at birthday parties you the rope on the kids when they are about to hit the pinata.
Yes, I created the narrative that the NBA has not been competitive during the past two years.  And I doubt we are going to hear about that less and less now that GSW signed Cousins for nothing.

I hope for the next 5 years the owner of the Warriors says "F the money" and keeps everyone. Just max contract after max contract, here Giannis come play his us for the mid level this year and we will max you out next year, Anthony Davis what do you think?

Yes, I created the narrative that the NBA is not competitive during the past two years.  And I doubt we are going to hear about that less and less now that GSW signed Cousins for nothing.
So you completely missed the Houston last year? Do you have something against Texas?

Daywalker said:
Teams selling #1 picks while players shrug off 5-10mill here and there.

I respect valuing things above money.  It's just a lot of money.
lol, well sure as #### ain't about basketball either. unless Lebron refuses to play with anybody he doesn't sign off on, but if his ego is that big that he can't play with Embiid and Simmons that is on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread