What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (7 Viewers)

Not so sure this is going to work out the way Democrats see it. When Republicans take control of the House, expect Joe Biden to be impeached and the House to censure and remove Democrats from committees, starting with AOC, Ilhan Omar and probably Nancy Pelosi. 

Folks, this isn't politics from 10-20 years ago and beyond, where unwritten traditions and codes of conduct mostly prevailed. This will just open the door more of the "punish the liberals/enemy" mentality and they will point to this move as an example of "but you guys did it". 

On the one hand Gosar should not have done this, its on the same level as Maxine Waters, and that is not where we want our elected officials to be.  I wish there was something more than censure on the table.  I get that he was trying to do this tongue in cheek, but that is rather tone deaf.  We just don't want this kind of rhetoric in our discussions.

Now, that being said, and understanding that this was intended to be humorous (even though it failed) his doubling down on it is HI-larious.... :lol:

Seems on the same level as Kathy Giffin which some still complain about today.  Except she is a C level (at best) celebrity who has not really been heard from much since...and he is an elected representative who has colleagues supporting him rather than calling him out.

Whether humorous or not...it is something that absolutely should not be done from our elected officials.

Seems on the same level as Kathy Giffin which some still complain about today.  Except she is a C level (at best) celebrity who has not really been heard from much since...and he is an elected representative who has colleagues supporting him rather than calling him out.

Whether humorous or not...it is something that absolutely should not be done from our elected officials.

Agree. It's one thing if an actual comedian tries this and misses, but a politician should be assiduously avoiding this nonsense.

The allowance of this cannot transpire.  We let Waters get away with this, and why would we be surprised if others do it.

Frankly, I would be on board with this clown somehow being removed.

Not so sure this is going to work out the way Democrats see it. When Republicans take control of the House, expect Joe Biden to be impeached and the House to censure and remove Democrats from committees, starting with AOC, Ilhan Omar and probably Nancy Pelosi. 

Folks, this isn't politics from 10-20 years ago and beyond, where unwritten traditions and codes of conduct mostly prevailed. This will just open the door more of the "punish the liberals/enemy" mentality and they will point to this move as an example of "but you guys did it". 
This is a fair point.  However, the counterpoint is that the current Republican party has shown that it no longer cares about traditional politics or anything other than winning.  Democrats can either join them in the mud or do nothing.  It's a prisoner's dilemma, except we know what one of the prisoners has chosen.

I look forward to this. These politicians are all useless. At least they will be entertaining once the GOP takes the house. 

I just hope they impeach Biden for falling asleep or some other craziness. 

Did he actually make the video or just retweet it?

Either way, he gets what he deserves. No place for that kind of stuff from politicians. He should be kicked out for being stupid.

Either way, he gets what he deserves. No place for that kind of stuff from politicians. He should be kicked out for being stupid.
He claims some of his staffers made it and tweeted it out without his knowledge. But didn't apologize for it or condemn it.

He was censured and stripped of his committees, which is a pretty harsh penalty and deserved.

This is a fair point.  However, the counterpoint is that the current Republican party has shown that it no longer cares about traditional politics or anything other than winning.  Democrats can either join them in the mud or do nothing.  It's a prisoner's dilemma, except we know what one of the prisoners has chosen.
:jawdrop:  I see it the same way only in reverse. 

Gosar got off easy. He should have been removed from congress. I’m not a fan of AOC, but what he did was unacceptable and disgusting. 
I agree with this sans the ItS DisGuSt1Ng!!!! Hyperbole. While I didn’t take it as him literally killing AOC, I can see how it’s threatening and he should have shown some decorum and apologized for his bad and childish “joke”. 

Im also anti-moron so I have no problem getting rid of him. 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
I agree with this sans the ItS DisGuSt1Ng!!!! Hyperbole. While I didn’t take it as him literally killing AOC, I can see how it’s threatening and he should have shown some decorum and apologized for his bad and childish “joke”. 

Im also anti-moron so I have no problem getting rid of him. 
:lmao:  you expected "decorum"?  and thank heavens you're "anti-moron" 

He was censured and stripped of his committees, which is a pretty harsh penalty and deserved.

It could get much worse for Gosar.

Gavin Newsom is the only real hurdle left for AOC to finish off to be the favorite for the DNC ticket in 2024. I thought it would be 2028 but the rapid self destruction of this current administration has opened up the field. Not only has it given a boost for Trump to run again ( I didn't think that could be possible, but the level of chaos in this past year is unprecedented) but there's literally no one left for the DNC to hang their hat on. You don't just drag a no name out of a hat. You need a long ramp up process to build a legitimate contender.

Do I think AOC could win POTUS in 2024? No. 2028. Doubtful but anything is possible with time.

The further her political star grows, the further her reach goes. This means Progressives running over establishment Democrats and Republican incumbents all the same. It's not like she'll forget any of this.

AOC's base carries many of the young unhinged zealots not uncommon on college campuses all around the country. Young impressionable cannon fodder being indoctrinated in cooked Big Education zealot factories.  Entire generations taught to stare at a phone all day and be outraged on command via Big Social Media. Pure IDGAF mentality with intentionally filtered down critical thinking skills. That dumb clip is going to force wave after wave of an army of loyalists coming after you. Gosar stuck his hand in a bear trap here.

Gavin Newsom is the only real hurdle left for AOC to finish off to be the favorite for the DNC ticket in 2024. I thought it would be 2028 but the rapid self destruction of this current administration has opened up the field. Not only has it given a boost for Trump to run again ( I didn't think that could be possible, but the level of chaos in this past year is unprecedented) but there's literally no one left for the DNC to hang their hat on. You don't just drag a no name out of a hat. You need a long ramp up process to build a legitimate contender.

Do I think AOC could win POTUS in 2024? No. 2028. Doubtful but anything is possible with time.

The further her political star grows, the further her reach goes. This means Progressives running over establishment Democrats and Republican incumbents all the same. It's not like she'll forget any of this.

AOC's base carries many of the young unhinged zealots not uncommon on college campuses all around the country. Young impressionable cannon fodder being indoctrinated in cooked Big Education zealot factories.  Entire generations taught to stare at a phone all day and be outraged on command via Big Social Media. Pure IDGAF mentality with intentionally filtered down critical thinking skills. That dumb clip is going to force wave after wave of an army of loyalists coming after you. Gosar stuck his hand in a bear trap here.

There is no way AOC will ever be the 2024 Democratic Party nominee. She is too far out of step and to the left of most Democrats, her nomination be another George McGovern type debacle in the Presidential race. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
There is no way AOC will ever be the 2024 Democratic Party nominee. She is too far out of step and to the left of most Democrats, her nomination be another George McGovern type debacle in the Presidential race. 
I don't think she will be, but she would have a reasonable chance. Bernie would throw his support behind her and she would inherit his base of voters. It remains to be seen if she could expand that base enough to get the nomination. She's basically a younger, more media savvy version of Bernie.

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA

The face of the new Democrat Party is out of step?  Wut?  I've got some bad news for you - SHE and people like her are what's coming for you in the near future.  They grow in numbers with every election as they will start to take over your party.

You might think she's cute now as you constantly fawn over her in here with your posts, but you're just a useful shill right now.  She's counting on people like you to put in her in power and once there, you'll no longer be useful.  You see, you're part of the problem and don't fit in her new world.  But she'll use you as stepping stones in the meantime.

Ignore her at your own peril.

Last edited by a moderator:
The face of the new Democrat Party is out of step?  Wut?  I've got some bad news for you - SHE and people like her are what's coming for you in the near future.  They grow in numbers with every election as they will start to take over your party.

You might think she's cute now as you constantly fawn over her in here with your posts, but you're just a useful shill right now.  She's counting on people like you to put in her in power and once there, you'll no longer be useful.  You see, you're part of the problem and don't fit in her new world.  But she'll use you as stepping stones in the meantime.

Ignore her at your own peril.

It is The Democratic Party, not The Democrat Party. 

It is The Democratic Party, not The Democrat Party. 

It's the Democrat Party too.  Both are used and are considered proper.

The last gasp of someone who has no argument to stand on is to go after spelling and grammar.  Care to address the post?  Or you going to try and deflect with the whole spelling/grammar nazi thing?

The last gasp of someone who has no argument to stand on is to go after spelling and grammar.  Care to address the post?  Or you going to try and deflect with the whole spelling/grammar nazi thing?
That is why he is a bad faith poster, as I told him in another thread a few weeks back. He'd rather get caught up in semantics than address your actual point. 

That is why he is a bad faith poster, as I told him in another thread a few weeks back. He'd rather get caught up in semantics than address your actual point. 

Yeah, I have him on ignore but will sometimes respond when I see him quoted.  This willful ignorance the far-left turn the Democrat Party is moving towards bodes well for AOC and those like her.

As for AOC, I saw her tie comment from the other day (link below) and just laughed.  Both sides are loaded with hypocrites, but any time a POC for example is a Republican or talks about values that are generally considered more to the right than the left, they are called a traitor, an Uncle Tom, etc., but then the Democrats love to trash the GOP for lack of diversity.  It's like, us, sorry, you can't have it both ways.  But, of course, consistency from politicians is not realistic. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/aoc-mocks-the-stunning-diversity-of-republican-lawmakers-colorful-ties-2021-11

As for AOC, I saw her tie comment from the other day (link below) and just laughed.  Both sides are loaded with hypocrites, but any time a POC for example is a Republican or talks about values that are generally considered more to the right than the left, they are called a traitor, an Uncle Tom, etc., but then the Democrats love to trash the GOP for lack of diversity.  It's like, us, sorry, you can't have it both ways.  But, of course, consistency from politicians is not realistic. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/aoc-mocks-the-stunning-diversity-of-republican-lawmakers-colorful-ties-2021-11

Which is weird coming from a member of a Party that fought FOR slavery, Jim Crowe, started the KKK and imprisoned thousands of Asian Americans during WW2.

That is not what the party calls itself and it is considered pejorative. 

Negative.  Anyways, this Spelling/Grammar Nazi stuff has run it's course.  Accept your "L" with dignity, at least.

From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party of the United States, used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While the term has been used in a non-hostile way, it has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators and third party politicians

If the Dem's were willing to vote Joe Biden as the leader of the party for the sole purpose of beating Trump (despite there being bunch of candidates that most Dems would rather have), do you think they would vote in someone that would have zero chance of winning an election?

That is really funny you see it that way.  I see the Democrats continually raising the bar with their political prosecution.  So many examples but let's start with the 18-month 12-attorney team which dug around Florida hopelessly looking for hate crimes to charge Zimmerman with, courtesy of Obama/Holder.  This January 6th investigation which is the biggest investigation  effort in our nation's history, targeting mostly non-violent protestors.  The ridiculous time and effort spent on the Hillary funded dossier and the whole phoney Russian conspiracy non-sense to out Trump.  There were like 3 different efforts to impeach Trump. This whole Rittenhouse case was a railroad job of an innocent kid by a corrupt prosecutor doing the work of his BLM supporters to advance his career.  Now Democrats in Congress want the feds to investigate further to find something to pin on him.   

It is just sickening.  And I agree, it needs to stop.  But Democrsts have done far more than their share of escalating these abuses.  And you are probably right, Congressional Republicans will impeach Biden when they take control.  But that is where we are at.  

From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party of the United States, used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While the term has been used in a non-hostile way, it has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators and third party politicians

Wouldn't a better way to disparage is to just use Demorats? I have no idea why Democrat is considered insulting.  It is a term many people on both sides use interchangeably.  

Wouldn't a better way to disparage is to just use Demorats? I have no idea why Democrat is considered insulting.  It is a term many people on both sides use interchangeably.  

Democrat Party is not insulting.  Squiz is just trying to deflect from answering the tough questions - it's what he does.  He doesn't post in good faith, as @Ghost Rider mentioned earlier.

Yea the democrat vs democratic seems ridiculous. However, AOC is in no way the face of either of those parties and has a tiny sliver of a chance of being the presidential nominee.

Probably not in 2024, but beyond that there is simply ZERO chance she doesn't become the nominee soon after.   She's on the front page of every magazine and MSM source every time she opens her mouth.  There is now way she's not the face of the Party.

As I said earlier, the willful ignorance - from those who call themselves Democrat/Liberal - of what she represents benefits her and those like her within the Democrat Party.  It's slowly being overtaken with more and more people like her.  At some point, I doubt you would be able to even call it The Democrat Party anymore.

Tiny sliver or 50-50.  

No, more like 80-20 or 90-10. With her as the nominee of The Democratic Party it would be another George McGovern style electoral college slaughter and everyone knows it (which is why those on the right keep talking her up chances).

Yes, most Democrats like her, but she is not spoken seriously of being the party standard bearer in the near future from anything I have seen.

Again, get it right it is The Democratic Party. And she is a face, not the face of it.

Stay on topic, hard-charger.

Your willful ignorance is what she's counting on as the face of the new Democrat Party.  AOC thanks you for that and hopes to continue to get it.  :thumbup:

She supports your continued focus on REAL issues like spelling and grammar in an online forum.

Probably not in 2024, but beyond that there is simply ZERO chance she doesn't become the nominee soon after.   She's on the front page of every magazine and MSM source every time she opens her mouth.  There is now way she's not the face of the Party.

As I said earlier, the willful ignorance - from those who call themselves Democrat/Liberal - of what she represents benefits her and those like her within the Democrat Party.  It's slowly being overtaken with more and more people like her.  At some point, I doubt you would be able to even call it The Democrat Party anymore.
IMO what you conflate is that she is covered because she generates outrage and gets clicks.   That is not the same as being taken seriously enough to be the face of the party/get a POTUS nomination from the Ds.  

IMO what you conflate is that she is covered because she generates outrage and gets clicks.   That is not the same as being taken seriously enough to be the face of the party/get a POTUS nomination from the Ds.  

Yes, publicity does not equal popularity and her actually being the nominee is laughable as it would be another George McGovern style electoral slaughter. 

No, more like 80-20 or 90-10. With her as the nominee of The Democratic Party it would be another George McGovern style electoral college slaughter and everyone knows it (which is why those on the right keep talking her up chances).

Yes, most Democrats like her, but she is not spoken seriously of being the party standard bearer in the near future from anything I have seen.
Sometimes I wonder if you guys pay attention to anything at all.  Seriously.   America is 100% celebrity driven. 

What is gonna be real interesting is what happens when Pelosi is gone...while I despise her and her Marie Antoinette persona she has done a solid job keeping the dems in-line in the House...that being said there is more and more friction with AOC and the Squad and their ilk and once Pelosi abdicates her throne I expect a full on brawl for the leadership position...since 2022 has the makings of a serious beatdown and Pelosi is 81 the clock is ticking on this scenario...politically it will be absolutely fascinating to watch and I fully expect AOC to be a major player in this. 

Sometimes I wonder if you guys pay attention to anything at all.  Seriously.   America is 100% celebrity driven. 
And is that why Boebert has a great chance of winning the Primary if Don doesn't run?  You have to remember that the parties want to win the presidency.  That's the only reason Biden was nominated.  There were much better choices, but that would have been at the expense of losing to Trump.

I mean, he's LITERALLY proving that point.  Every time AOC opens her mouth he runs in here to make a fawning post about how great she is.

BUT SHE'S NOT THE FACE OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY!!

I mean, he's LITERALLY proving that point.  Every time AOC opens her mouth he runs in here to make a fawning post about how great she is.

BUT SHE'S NOT THE FACE OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY!!

As a registered Democrat, I would never use that pejorative in referring to the party.

And while I find AOC extremely entertaining :popcorn: I would not support her as the Democratic Party POTUS nominee, because, like Bernie Sanders, her democratic socialist ideals are way too radical for most Americans. 

And for someone who supposedly has me on ignore, you never seem to miss any of my posts. 

If the Dem's were willing to vote Joe Biden as the leader of the party for the sole purpose of beating Trump (despite there being bunch of candidates that most Dems would rather have), do you think they would vote in someone that would have zero chance of winning an election?

Joe Montana

Steve Young

YA Tittle

John Brodie

JT O'Sullivan

What do they have in common? At some point, each was an opening day starting QB1 for the San Francisco 49ers.

Someone has to be QB1 on the depth chart for the DNC ticket in 2024. People would love Joe Montana or Steve Young in the most ideal situation. But sometimes the best of  the rest is JT O'Sullivan.

I wouldn't insult Jeff Garcia by saying Gavin Newsom is in the Jeff Garcia range. I'd say Newsom is more of in the Jim Druckenmiller/Dan McGwire kind of range. And so no wokester can call me a racist or a bigot for failing to mention Kamala Harris, she's in the Browning Nagle range. Joe Biden is Charles Dimry. Someone will say, "Wait, Dimry is not even a quarterback!"  That's right, Charles Dimry was not even a quarterback. Hence Joe Biden in this scenario for the battle for QB1 on the depth chart is, in fact, Charles Dimry.

Pete Buttigieg is Pat White and Amy Klobuchar is right around the Chris Simms level.

You might get self righteous about AOC being Joey Harrington. What kind of team can you build around Joey Harrington? How many wins do you think you can get with Joey Harrington? Didn't Joey Harrington show more on the piano with Michelle Branch than he ever did at quarterback?

Joey Harrington looks like the Pigskin Messiah when he walks into a room with Browning Nagle, Wildcat Pat White, Did Anyone Find My Spleen Laying On The Turf Simms and the limping corpse of Charles Dimry just after being set on fire by Jerry Rice.

The entire premise you are holding onto relies on no one leapfrogging Dan McGwire.

Son, spend more time reading the actual depth chart.

Joe Montana

Steve Young

YA Tittle

John Brodie

JT O'Sullivan

What do they have in common? At some point, each was an opening day starting QB1 for the San Francisco 49ers.

Someone has to be QB1 on the depth chart for the DNC ticket in 2024. People would love Joe Montana or Steve Young in the most ideal situation. But sometimes the best of  the rest is JT O'Sullivan.

I wouldn't insult Jeff Garcia by saying Gavin Newsom is in the Jeff Garcia range. I'd say Newsom is more of in the Jim Druckenmiller/Dan McGwire kind of range. And so no wokester can call me a racist or a bigot for failing to mention Kamala Harris, she's in the Browning Nagle range. Joe Biden is Charles Dimry. Someone will say, "Wait, Dimry is not even a quarterback!"  That's right, Charles Dimry was not even a quarterback. Hence Joe Biden in this scenario for the battle for QB1 on the depth chart is, in fact, Charles Dimry.

Pete Buttigieg is Pat White and Amy Klobuchar is right around the Chris Simms level.

You might get self righteous about AOC being Joey Harrington. What kind of team can you build around Joey Harrington? How many wins do you think you can get with Joey Harrington? Didn't Joey Harrington show more on the piano with Michelle Branch than he ever did at quarterback?

Joey Harrington looks like the Pigskin Messiah when he walks into a room with Browning Nagle, Wildcat Pat White, Did Anyone Find My Spleen Laying On The Turf Simms and the limping corpse of Charles Dimry just after being set on fire by Jerry Rice.

The entire premise you are holding onto relies on no one leapfrogging Dan McGwire.

Son, spend more time reading the actual depth chart.
I like your analogy, but you're off with Joe Biden.  He won the Superbowl.  He's like a Trent Dilfer except he didn't have a great defense.  Instead, the Detroit Lions managed to sneak into the playoffs with a 4-12 record and somehow went on a run, only to lose to Biden and the Ravens.

Users who are viewing this thread