What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Noah Fant, SEA (1 Viewer)

IRV SMITH'S LOW-KEY GREAT MATCHUP

Excerpt:

Noah Fant (DEN) vs. Buffalo

Fant, who is uncertain for this week with some kind of non-COVID illness, would be a borderline top option if he’s able to suit up against the Bills. Fant throws up a lot, according to fellow Denver tight end Nick Vanett. Hopefully he can stop vomiting by the weekend. 

In touting Eric Ebron against these same Bills in Week 14, I did not anticipate the collapse of the entire Pittsburgh offense in a critical prime time matchup. That offensive letdown -- and a couple costly drops by Ebron -- sunk his prospects in a spectacular matchup. He ended up catching two of five targets for 30 yards. 

Buffalo remains an objective great tight end matchup, allowing a 23.5 percent target share to the position -- the third highest rate in the league. Even after last week’s Ebron debacle, tight ends are averaging 8.16 targets per game against Buffalo. The Bills, meanwhile, allow the ninth lowest target share to opposing receivers.

Noah Fant (illness) has been removed from the Broncos' Week 15 injury report. 

Fant was held out of Tuesday's practice before getting in "full" sessions on Thursday and Friday. He had a nasty bout of food poisoning. Injuries have prevented Fant from exploding this season, but his usage has remained on a TE1 level. He is a top-10 option for the fantasy semifinals against the Bills. 

Dec 17, 2020, 4:34 PM ET

Might be the most underrated TE this year. A lot of people dont even know who this dude is. He's a stud muffin. 
He is terrific. Was never really healthy after Week 4 last year (ankle) but still showed great development. Terrible QB situation and two really good WRs who will command a lot of targets. Every bit as talented as Hock, if they ever get a decent QB he could jump into the Kelce-Waller-Kittle tier. That ain’t happening this year.

Couldn’t believe his name popped up in one of the DND/Stop the Suck threads. Mans gonna go a handful of Pro Bowls if he stays healthy.

So what's his path to being top 1-2 in targets in Denver? Seems like he's behind Sutton and Jeudy...basically all top TE finishes ever have been first or second in their team in targets.

That seems like reason number one to avoid this year. 

So what's his path to being top 1-2 in targets in Denver? Seems like he's behind Sutton and Jeudy...basically all top TE finishes ever have been first or second in their team in targets.

I am seeing Fant being drafted at pick 87 in real drafts on MFL.

You may be right that to be the number one or top 2 or 3 TE any given season requires a lot of targets and Fant might be 3rd in targets for Denver, so unlikely he outscores Kelce or Waller.

I think there is a big difference between being not likely to be the best TE for fantasy this season and being a player to avoid. Especially at that price.

I think there is a big difference between being not likely to be the best TE for fantasy this season and being a player to avoid. Especially at that price.
:goodposting:

Totally agree.  Fant is extremely talented - it's a matter of whether Bridgewater or Lock can take advantage of his skillset.  He's very fast for a TE and can win down field.  I actually think the "good" version of Drew Lock would be better for him than Bridgewater but that's hard to count on, of course.  Either way, tight ends take longer to develop than other positions and they often get better with age. Not unlike catchers in baseball.  I've always thought that Ertz's career trajectory is interesting - he took a leap in year 2, another in year 3, then stayed the same for 3 years (with the narrative emerging that he didn't score TD's) and then took a huge leap in year 6.  In any case, I think Fant has a solid floor and a pretty substantial ceiling if he can get solid play from his QB. 

:goodposting:

Totally agree.  Fant is extremely talented - it's a matter of whether Bridgewater or Lock can take advantage of his skillset.  He's very fast for a TE and can win down field.  I actually think the "good" version of Drew Lock would be better for him than Bridgewater but that's hard to count on, of course.  Either way, tight ends take longer to develop than other positions and they often get better with age. Not unlike catchers in baseball.  I've always thought that Ertz's career trajectory is interesting - he took a leap in year 2, another in year 3, then stayed the same for 3 years (with the narrative emerging that he didn't score TD's) and then took a huge leap in year 6.  In any case, I think Fant has a solid floor and a pretty substantial ceiling if he can get solid play from his QB. 
I have Fant on some teams and I had him last season.

I thought he was fine. He outperformed a bunch of guys I had ranked higher than him last year.

Just depends on ones expectations I guess.

Yeah fair. When I say top I'm thinking top half, so TE6 in a typical 12-teamer. Aside from the obvious Kelce and Waller, I see Kittle, Pitts, Hockenson, and Andrews all with paths to be a top two target. 

I could see that with Fant actually if Sutton never truly recovers or reinjures. But just seems less likely. That's what I'm banking on though. "good value" landing me TE7+ is kinda useless. 

Robert Tonyan was fourth in the Packers in targets. All it takes is an 88% catch rate and the historic red zone conversion rate.

I kid, l kid. Tonyan is an avoid. Big-time regression coming unless we see a huge uptick in volume. Logan Thomas is in an avoid. Led all TEs in slot routes run - by a good margin, like 47. Over 100 to the guy who’s 10th on that list. Curtis Samuel is now there; not gonna be the same. 29 years old going to be 30 this year; probably not Delanie Walker.

with Fant, Hock, Goedert, Andrews, Pitts - I’m betting talent. BIG drop after #3. Drop fm 4th through 8th will be narrow IMO.

Natural progression and development. Nothing extraordinary. No elaborate narratives to construct. He is reliable and efficient and his quarterback trusts him.

I agree that Fant is a TE1 (Top 12) with a High Floor/Low Ceiling that will keep him out of the Top 8. IMHO, he'll finish in the 9-12 range. Not only does he have to compete with Sutton/Jeudy for primary targets, but between Gordon/Williams/Boone/Patrick/Hamler/Okie are going to siphon out of remaining available targets, just not sure he's going to get as much work as others might think. Denver has a lot of 'real football' weapons, and if they're going to win games, they're going to have to utilize them all to get the most out of Lock/Bridgewater, methinks. Pity there's not a better QB to take advantage of what that offense could bring to the table.

An uninspiring 4 catches for 50 yards per week feels about right. Not the worst, but if you have him you need to win games elsewhere on your roster.

The Athletic's Nick Kosmider reported that Noah Fant's role in Denver's offense is "evolving" to include a wider variety of routes.

On Friday, Fant lined up from multiple spots in the formation and saw a varied array of routes, including a screen pass and an out route, on which he made deep sideline catch. As a rookie, Fant saw 18% of his snaps from the slot and 73% of his snaps as an inline tight end. Last year, in his first year in Pat Shurmur’s offense, his slot snaps declined to 11% and his inline snaps increased to 85%. There's plenty of room for Fant to be used more creatively. Given a crowded wide receiver room and uncertain quarterback play, an increase in slot and wide snaps would be a welcome boost to Fant's fantasy value. 

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 31, 2021, 1:57 PM ET

Noah Fant (knee) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice. 

Fant tweaked his leg late in Broncos camp but was always expected to be ready for the opener. How he bounces back on Friday will be the final test, but he should be ready to rock as a low-end TE1 for Sunday's road trip to New Jersey to face the Giants. 

Sep 9, 2021, 6:35 PM ET

Broncos beat writer Zac Stevens reports that TE Noah Fant will play in Week 1 against the Giants.

Fant practiced fully on Thursday, so this isn't exactly a surprise. Still, it's good to have official confirmation that the Broncos will have their starting tight end for the season opener. The third-year pro will have more target competition this season with Courtland Sutton back from injury and Jerry Jeudy on the verge of a breakout, but he should still see his fair share of targets. Consider Fant a low-end TE1 for Week 1.

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter

Sep 10, 2021, 3:19 PM ET

Noah Fant caught 6-of-8 targets for 62 yards in the Broncos' Week 1 win over the Giants.

Fant, who missed camp time with a leg injury, led the Broncos in targets. He wasn't a factor in the red-zone this week, and had a touchdown vultured by backup TE Albert Okwuegbunam at the goal-line. Fant's already high-volume role should get a boost with Jerry Jeudy (ankle) expected to miss a few weeks. Fant is a mid-range TE1 for a Week 2 matchup with the Jaguars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think anyone on Denver's offense was worth targeting this year... however for those in dynasty/keeper leagues, there is a good chance that Rodgers will be Denver's QB next year, so you may want to acquire Fant this year if you can get him cheap in hopes of that happening. 

Noah Fant caught 2-of-3 targets for 15 yards in the Broncos' Week 3 win over the Jets. 

The passing volume simply was not there for the Broncos in a game where they merely needed to show up to win. The story was similar in Week 2 but is finally changing for Week 4 against the Ravens, who gave up monster efforts to Darren Waller and Travis Kelce before containing T.J. Hockenson on Sunday. Fant will be a cinch top-eight option for that one. 

Noah Fant caught six of ten targets for 46 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 4 loss to the Ravens. 

Fant, like almost every Denver pass catcher, compiled most of his stats in the first half, before Teddy Bridgewater exited with a concussion. Fant was central to Denver's game plan, as he commanded a team-high ten targets and scored his touchdown on a play designed for him near the goal line. He's been a solid floor play in 2021. That should continue in Week 5 against the Steelers if Bridgewater is back. 

Noah Fant (foot) remained limited for Tuesday's practice.

The Broncos are presumably taking it easy on Fant given their short turnaround for Thursday. Without Albert Okwuegbunam the past two weeks, Fant's snap rate has quietly increased to 93%, running a route on a season-high 93% of Teddy Bridgewater's dropbacks. He's a confident TE1 against Cleveland if active.

SOURCE: Brandon Krisztal on Twitter

Oct 19, 2021, 5:31 PM ET

Noah Fant (foot) was removed from the Week 7 injury report and will play Thursday night against the Browns.

Fant is coming off easily his best game of the season, posting a 9-97-1 line on 11 targets against the Raiders. He'll be a back-end TE1 against Cleveland.

Oct 20, 2021, 3:31 PM ET

Broncos placed TE Noah Fant on reserve/COVID list.

If Fant is vaccinated, he can return to the active roster after two negative tests submitted 24 hours apart and suit up for Denver's ensuing game — something most players have failed to do when testing positive earlier that week. Albert Okwuegbunam would surface as a low-end TE1 if Fant is ruled out.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter

Nov 2, 2021, 5:28 PM ET

Anyone rolling him out this week? I may flex him based on matchup against Philly. Pretty desperate for a flex this week on my injury ravaged team.

NOAH FANT TE, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks acquired TE Noah Fant, QB Drew Lock, DT Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and a fifth-round pick from the Broncos in exchange for QB Russell Wilson and a fourth-round pick.

With Fant being shipped to Seattle, it clears the starting job in Denver for Albert Okwuegbunam. Fant was the No. 20 overall pick in 2019 by the Broncos but has yet to fully put everything together and is coming off a disappointing 68-670-4 season, averaging a career-worst 9.9 yards per catch with Teddy Bridgewater. In Seattle, look for Fant to again be catching passes from a mediocre quarterback in Lock. For the Seahawks, Fant is a natural replacement for Gerald Everett, who is a free agent. Will Dissly is also headed to the open market.

RELATED: 

Denver Broncos

Mar 8, 2022, 2:20 PM ET

Buy low window?
I would think so…no reason for his value to be high…he has been very frustrating…looks the part but gets dinged up and his week-to-week play is inconsistent…his QBs are a definite issue but unfortunately that appears to not be changing anytime soon.

Noah Fant said he was frustrated with how he was used with the Broncos and views himself as a deep threat.

Drafted in the first round by the Broncos in 2019, Fant spent all three of his Denver seasons under defensive-minded head coach Vic Fangio, whose offenses are what got him fired after last season. Fant said OC Pat Shurmur used him too close to the line of scrimmage in the flats and wanted him to break tackles. Fant views himself as a seam-stretcher, and he very well might be right on that. Only six of Fant's 88 targets last season were 20-plus yards downfield while his aDOT of 6.4 yards was tied for 27th among tight ends and less than that of Jack Doyle and Kyle Rudolph. Unfortunately for Fant, he's going to a Seattle offense that figures to be one of the worst in the league with Drew Lock currently under center. Seattle has been talking up Geno Smith as a potential competitor, but he needs to be re-signed first.

RELATED: 

Denver Broncos

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter

Mar 30, 2022, 3:44 PM ET

Heading towards Njoku territory in dynasty circles. There's potential here but Seattle seems like a dumpster fire. Wouldn't be surprised when Pete is canned or retires due to health reasons. 

Speaking in an introductory video conference, Seahawks TE Noah Fant indicated that he and the club haven't talked about them picking up his fifth-year option. 

If picked up, Fant's fifth-year option would give him $6.9 million guaranteed, which seems like a fair enough sum for a team that is paying roughly that to Will Dissly per season. The deadline for teams to pick up the option is May 2nd. It remains a likely pick-up, especially after they traded for him in the Russell Wilson trade, but it's interesting that they haven't talked about it yet. 

SOURCE: Michael-Shawn Dugar on Twitter

Apr 5, 2022, 3:19 PM ET

Seahawks TE Noah Fant said OC Shane Waldron's offense is "very favorable" to tight ends.

Seahawks' tight ends combined for a 74/742/5 line in Waldron's first season as a playcaller. Fant has a chance to top that as an upgrade over last year's starter, Gerald Everett, but he's behind DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett for targets and likely to split time with No. 2 TE Will Dissly, who had a 58% snap rate in 2021. The Seahawks also project to throw less in 2022 with Russell Wilson gone. Fant averaged 45 yards per game in his only full season with Drew Lock as the starter in Denver. 

SOURCE: Tacoma News Tribune

Jun 3, 2022, 8:10 PM ET

NOAH FANT TE, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

ESPN's Brady Henderson writes that "there's a belief in the organization that whichever quarterback ends up starting for Seattle will be more inclined to throw to tight ends than [Russell] Wilson was."

Combine this with Pete Carroll's early-June quote about Noah Fant having the "most spectacular camp of anybody," and voila, instant TE1 hype! OK, the situation is probably still a little too stacked for that, but this could be a sign that Fant and Will Dissly cut into Tyler Lockett's workload a little bit under a new quarterback, whoever it is. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 21, 2022, 3:46 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread