What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Taysom Hill, NO (1 Viewer)

habsfan said:
When people talk about Winston's yardage and INTs I think:

But besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

I'm not saying Hill deserves the start but how many NFL QBs could throw for similar yards to Winston if they didn't have to concern themselves with those pesky INTs? 
And yet again -- what has Hill shown so far that he should command the start?

I am not a Jameis bandwagoner. I actually am not an advocate of either guy -- could see Payton equally leaning towards trusting a vet vs starting a young guy who they have been grooming as the #2 for a few years.

But if we are holding Jameis Winston's stats as a QB -- positive or negative -- up as a barometer of whether he should start or not, seems reasonable we should hold Hill's stats as a QB up as well. 

And they are?

OK, maybe he didn't exactly get the same shot behind a HoF QB like Brees -- so let's take his college achievements under considerations as an indicator.

And they are?

At the end of the day, Hill doesn't have much to show for being a QB at either the collegiate or NFL level.

And if I am a head coach of a team who just lost his franchise QB and needs to protect a division lead against Brady and the Bucs breathing down my neck, I think it's a no-brainer that you start a guy with experience, regardless of a down year last year.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
wgoldsph said:
Winston is a terrible pro qb.  Terrible.
Recency bias.
Also Non-adaptive choice switching (the tendency to avoid a previous choice that led to a bad outcome).

It's also an inverse form of uncertainty aversion.

We know comparatively little about Hill, therefore we assume that he must be better than the known commodity of Winston.

wgoldsph said:
Payton needs to #### or get off the pot with Hill here. Winston already threw a pick in relief of Brees and it won't get better, so it's time to give hill at least a drive where he's supposed to throw the ball like a qb to see if he can play like one.
This is a joke, right?  I'm pretty sure Muhamed Sanu has more career passes than Taysom Hill.  His contract is gonna screw them for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet again -- what has Hill shown so far that he should command the start?

I am not a Jameis bandwagoner. I actually am not an advocate of either guy -- could see Payton equally leaning towards trusting a vet vs starting a young guy who they have been grooming as the #2 for a few years.

But if we are holding Jameis Winston's stats as a QB -- positive or negative -- up as a barometer of whether he should start or not, seems reasonable we should hold Hill's stats as a QB up as well. 

And they are?

OK, maybe he didn't exactly get the same shot behind a HoF QB like Brees -- so let's take his college achievements under considerations as an indicator.

And they are?

At the end of the day, Hill doesn't have much to show for being a QB at either the collegiate or NFL level.

And if I am a head coach of a team who just lost his franchise QB and needs to protect a division lead against Brady and the Bucs breathing down my neck, I think it's a no-brainer that you start a guy with experience, regardless of a down year last year.
I'm not an advocate of either guy either. Looking at Hill's football resume and realizing they are considering handing him the keys to a 7-2 team is pretty mind boggling. Winston has experience in the dictionary sense - seasons worth of it - but what you are implying when using the word "experience" is a gained sense of calm under fire and leadership and the ability to avoid future mistakes based on lessons learned in the past. Winston exhibits none of that kind of "experience". He will make mind-blowingly bad throws and decisions next week... and the week after that.. and so on.

If they are hoping to game manage this team through Kamara and Murray for the next few weeks maybe it won't matter who they pick. 

Is Sean Peyton’s illegitimate son going to finally get the call this week?

Jameis is sure to throw a few picks this week, so you know Peyton will be jonesing to get his boy in there. Get well soon, Drew.

Is Sean Peyton’s illegitimate son going to finally get the call this week?

Jameis is sure to throw a few picks this week, so you know Peyton will be jonesing to get his boy in there. Get well soon, Drew.
I don't know, he had his opportunity last year and he didn't really take it. Bridgewater played okay, some up and down play, and he didn't go with Hill as much as some thought.

I'd love to know how Hill plays QB at practice. Can he make all the throws? He sure seems hesitant to throw much during games....

T. Hill hardly on anyone's radar as a TE eligible option based on my sweep of the main fantasy sites.

Only ESPN (where he is TE eligible) has an opinion...which is mine:

Why not? We live in a world where Jonnu Smith is still TE5 on a per-game basis despite not catching more than two passes in a game in more than a month, so what exactly do you have to lose? With Drew Brees (ribs) banged up, Sean Payton can either get creative with Hill (5.5 yards per carry, 12.3 yards per catch) or leave his fate in the hands of Jameis Winston. I don't expect regular snaps under center for Hill, but the mere fact that it's possible and that he's a big-play threat makes him viable at a position that is as ugly as it's been in years. -K.S.

T. Hill hardly on anyone's radar as a TE eligible option based on my sweep of the main fantasy sites.

Only ESPN (where he is TE eligible) has an opinion...which is mine:

Why not? We live in a world where Jonnu Smith is still TE5 on a per-game basis despite not catching more than two passes in a game in more than a month, so what exactly do you have to lose? With Drew Brees (ribs) banged up, Sean Payton can either get creative with Hill (5.5 yards per carry, 12.3 yards per catch) or leave his fate in the hands of Jameis Winston. I don't expect regular snaps under center for Hill, but the mere fact that it's possible and that he's a big-play threat makes him viable at a position that is as ugly as it's been in years. -K.S.
I put in a claim for him in my only league this year. My TEs are a dumpster fire and Hill is a huge lottery ticket right now. IF (big if) he is the starting QB, you have a huge advantage starting him at TE.

I think I would much rather game plan for Hill and bring Winston in if it doesn't work than game plan for Winston and bring Hill in if it doesn't work.

I put in a claim for him in my only league this year. My TEs are a dumpster fire and Hill is a huge lottery ticket right now. IF (big if) he is the starting QB, you have a huge advantage starting him at TE.
ESPN put a memo out that ESPN reserves the right to yank the TE designation if Hill's snap count at QB is significant.  If he does go as starting QB, you will probably only get one week of him at TE

I'm in on Hill at TE. Have Goedert and JSmith and I'll take a lil razzle dazzle for points at TE. I personally think Winston is the QB but they may use Hill in more random uses . So I'll take 50 yards passing, 4 catches for 30 yds, 30 yds rushing and a TD. 

I'm in on Hill at TE. Have Goedert and JSmith and I'll take a lil razzle dazzle for points at TE. I personally think Winston is the QB but they may use Hill in more random uses . So I'll take 50 yards passing, 4 catches for 30 yds, 30 yds rushing and a TD. 
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it i guess. ;)

chad in Indy said:
ESPN put a memo out that ESPN reserves the right to yank the TE designation if Hill's snap count at QB is significant.  If he does go as starting QB, you will probably only get one week of him at TE
I'm taking a shot on him at TE. I wonder what ESPN considers significant? So many snaps in one game? Ends up taking the most snaps in one game and then is announced as the starter the next game? 

They inexplicably gave him 2 years/$21m with $16m guaranteed to  come in on a handful of gadget plays a year. They might as well get their money's worth and design some wildcat plays for him.

I'm taking a shot on him at TE. I wonder what ESPN considers significant? So many snaps in one game? Ends up taking the most snaps in one game and then is announced as the starter the next game? 
I'd imagine if it looks like they are splitting snaps, or Winston gets injured and Hill has to take over full time, they'll pull the plug in the TE designation.

They inexplicably gave him 2 years/$21m with $16m guaranteed to  come in on a handful of gadget plays a year. They might as well get their money's worth and design some wildcat plays for him.
My guess would be Payton already has, but hoped to continue to work on them and save those plays for playoffs if possible.  Once there is tape on it, the cat's out of the bag.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Taysom Hill will start Week 11 against the Falcons.

Despite Jameis Winston coming on in relief of Drew Brees (ribs, lung) last week, it will be Hill under center for the first snap against Atlanta. The smart money would be on both getting action against Atlanta, but this takes Winston off the streaming radar in a plus matchup. Hill now becomes the preferred fantasy play of the two, and Hill also comes with the added element of being able to rush the ball. He has tight end eligibility on some fantasy sites.
the ####? :jawdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Field Yates

@FieldYates

A note: Taysom Hill is eligible to be utilized at your TE spot on

@ESPNFantasy

for this week. We will reassess that for Week 12, but for those looking to add a TE (or QB), Hill is a great start for this week at TE.

Thankfully he is locked down in our league.

Completely irresponsible on ESPN for keeping him as a TE even for this week.

Taysom Hill is THE #1 TE for week 11.  Kelce on average gets 17 pts in PPR and he is a Hercules.  Taysom Hill will get QB2 numbers 20 - 25 points.  He also runs for TDs and gets the Atl soft secondary.

This will destroy the entire DFS slate for week 11.

"Mike Clay - As we've noted throughout the week, Taysom Hill will retain TE eligibility against Atlanta and we will re-evaluate for future weeks once Week 11 concludes"

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1329809249619283971?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Taysom Hill is THE #1 TE for week 11.  Kelce on average gets 17 pts in PPR and he is a Hercules.  Taysom Hill will get QB2 numbers 20 - 25 points.  He also runs for TDs and gets the Atl soft secondary.

"Mike Clay - As we've noted throughout the week, Taysom Hill will retain TE eligibility against Atlanta and we will re-evaluate for future weeks once Week 11 concludes"

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1329809249619283971?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
ESPN fantasy is the worst so this is not a surprise to me at all. I mean, it’s completely egregious that they weren’t on top of this situation earlier, but it’s what I’d expect from them.

As if they shouldn't have reevaluated previously.  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread