What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Taysom Hill, NO (1 Viewer)

Saints TE Taysom Hill (foot/hand) returned to practice on Wednesday.

After missing last week’s game with multiple injuries, the Saints do-everything playmaker appears to be on track to return in time for the fantasy playoffs. Hill is enjoying a breakout year while being tasked with more opportunities as a receiver. He continues to be an asset on the ground, running for 346 yards and seven touchdowns while adding a career-high26 receptions for 229 yards and also completing 5-of-8 passed for 72 yards and touchdown. If he’s able to suit up against the Giants, he should be in your fantasy lineups as a TE1.

Knowing what I know about this guy, for him to be declared inactive, the dude must have been in some serious pain.

Full practice today. Removed from injury report entirely, per FantasyPros

Full practice today. Removed from injury report entirely, per FantasyPros

What are we expecting? Would you start him over Kincaid?

That's tough. When I caught a glimpse of the Bills game, I saw Dawson Knox playing a bigger role than I would have liked. But Kincaid had more snaps than he did by a wide margin, so it could have been just an error in watching on my end. Kincaid was in for 60 snaps, or 78% of them. Knox was in for 36, or 47% of them.

I guess it depends if Olave and Jamaal Williams are both out. I don't know. That would be a really tough decision. FBG has Kincaid and Hill ranked fairly closely, with Kincaid getting the nod by a few spots.

Dallas is a middlin' team when it comes to giving up points to tight ends. It doesn't do us much good to look at Hill's opponent because he doesn't really play a traditional tight end.

So yeah, that's my evasive answer.

That's tough. When I caught a glimpse of the Bills game, I saw Dawson Knox playing a bigger role than I would have liked. But Kincaid had more snaps than he did by a wide margin, so it could have been just an error in watching on my end. Kincaid was in for 60 snaps, or 78% of them. Knox was in for 36, or 47% of them.

I guess it depends if Olave and Jamaal Williams are both out. I don't know. That would be a really tough decision. FBG has Kincaid and Hill ranked fairly closely, with Kincaid getting the nod by a few spots.

Dallas is a middlin' team when it comes to giving up points to tight ends. It doesn't do us much good to look at Hill's opponent because he doesn't really play a traditional tight end.

Right, it's one of those impossible answers, because you can't really judge Taysom by traditional metrics.

I think I'll wait to see which other Saints are playing. That does seem to be a factor that correlates with his performance. Beyond that, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I'll wait to see which other Saints are playing. That does seem to be a factor that correlates with his performance. Beyond that, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Food for thought. From the My Fantasy Life email I get from Matthew Berry and Ian Hartitz (who used to be head writer at PFF).

"Luckily, Buffalo used 12-personnel on 29% of their plays, allowing Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox to co-exist from a route-rate perspective. The rookie TE had an 82.3% route rate with Knox out and Kincaid was getting his cardio in on 87.5% of Allen’s dropbacks with Knox back. But Allen can only throw the ball to one of them. And Knox earned just enough to move Kincaid back to the low-end TE1 tier.​
Kincaid ran the most red-zone routes (10 to 5) and got the only targets when the team got into scoring position. Plus, the freshman was Allen’s preferred target when under pressure compared to any other Bills’ pass-catcher (43.8% target share). It will take a TD for Kincaid to pay off, but the situational volume will be there for him in Week 15"​

Food for thought. From the My Fantasy Life email I get from Matthew Berry and Ian Hartitz (who used to be head writer at PFF).

"Luckily, Buffalo used 12-personnel on 29% of their plays, allowing Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox to co-exist from a route-rate perspective. The rookie TE had an 82.3% route rate with Knox out and Kincaid was getting his cardio in on 87.5% of Allen’s dropbacks with Knox back. But Allen can only throw the ball to one of them. And Knox earned just enough to move Kincaid back to the low-end TE1 tier.​
Kincaid ran the most red-zone routes (10 to 5) and got the only targets when the team got into scoring position. Plus, the freshman was Allen’s preferred target when under pressure compared to any other Bills’ pass-catcher (43.8% target share). It will take a TD for Kincaid to pay off, but the situational volume will be there for him in Week 15"​
My fair less detailed analysis was to note that he immediately went back to posting the same kinds of lines he had earlier in the season before Knox got hurt

Right, it's one of those impossible answers, because you can't really judge Taysom by traditional metrics.

Good point. If Olave doesn't play you plugging him in?

Starting Taysom in flex. Olave and Nico DNP all week so not touching either.
Nico was officially ruled out
Texans listed Nico Collins (calf) as questionable for Week 15 against the Titans.
A questionable tag for a player who didn’t practice all week is fairly optimistic. Take this with a grain of salt, as Texans beat writer Aaron Wilson wrote earlier on Thursday, “Several other players haven’t practiced all week and are set to miss this game, per sources, including wide receiver Nico Collins.” Wilson’s report is far less optimistic than the questionable tag Collins was handed down on Friday afternoon. Those hoping to start him will want to watch his situation closely.
2h ago
Source: Click2Houston.com

For me it doesn't matter even if Nico dresses up. I'm not playing him or Olave. Both guys are hurt and DNP all week. Hard pass.

Taysom will get some viable snaps this week, but that's just me guessing.

It's Hill or Goddart for me in a 2 TE league and I am leaning Hill just do to the fact that he's likely gets some of those GL carries. If NO is missing some key players it gets him that many more touches.

Teams in my league are struggling bad in a 2 TE format and I am having trouble each week deciding who to start. Not complaining but it's funny.

Think I have him in over Kmet and Ferguson in a PPR. Don't like either road matchup. I can see Hill being a top-5 play this week given the opponent and the Saints are at home. But who knows

Good point. If Olave doesn't play you plugging him in?
Based on this mornings report, he’s in over Kincaid. If they suddenly announce Olave actually is playing, maybe I’ll reconsider

Wonder if he was still really injured but they needed him active just in case…saw him out there on Graham touchdown in second half but didn’t see him after that…

MFL has changed Hill's position from TE to QB for 2024 leagues. Makes no sense based on 2023 stats : threw 11 passes, had 81 rushes, with 33 receptions. Kills his fantasy value, other than a desperation start in Superflex league.

Oh Jesus. That's terrible for me. He's useless now.

eta* Just by way of making a post at least useful other than the impact on my fantasy team, he did have 81 rushes and 11 passes, meaning he was at QB for 92 snaps. Contrast that to the snaps he took at TE and you might have your answer as to why MFL did what they did. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it could be why.

Last edited:
I seem to remember my MFL league having him listed as a QB a few years ago and then they changed it to TE. The only reason I remember that is because we used team QBs and his vultures still counted if you had that team as your QB.

Users who are viewing this thread