What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The best FF move you've made? (1 Viewer)

NeverEnough

Footballguy
Let's get positive! Can be this season or your best ever. This year I traded Kupp right before he got hurt for D. Cook & Golladay. In another league, I traded K. Cole for Chubb before Hyde was traded.

Got a few gems.

Tim Brown for Harold Green mid season 1992. Rode him for 10 years. Green fizzled.

Picked up Brett Favre & Shannon Sharpe off wavers same year. We were all new to FF.

Dumped Clown Shoes Jerry Porter after a 9 TD season for a guys' future #1 pick. It ended up being the #1 and Calvin Johnson who I was targeting. That's my best ever.

Golladay late this year so far.

Going RB-RB-RB-RB one year and winning it all in my main league even when Peterson got hurt. I still had three quality backs and went value WR WR late. That took some stones in the era of WRs. 

Picking Antonio Brown and more importantly, holding him that year he had when Wallace and Sanders were still there and they were running 1 WR sets at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Arian Foster for $2 in our now 10yr dynasty leagues startup auction.

Those rookie contracts are 5yrs .. made for a nice start to my dynasty career.

What is it with me and Browns players?

Picking up Chubb for $10 FABB late September looks pretty smart rn. He had no role whatsoever at the time, I just wanted Hyde's backup / a lottery ticket.

Drafting Braylon Edwards in the 8th as my WR3 in his 16 TD season still feels good 11 years later.  :P

Six years later, I took Josh Gordon in the 8th as my WR4, and he had a historic 4 game run that was crucial to a title. My next 3 draft picks (8th-10th were Jared Cook, Mike Vick and Justin Blackmon - clearly I am not a very smart man.)

All-time favorite trade was dumping Justin Forsett (3.04 pick) for Allen Robinson (5.12) straight up in 2015. My trade partner had the WW gem of the year in 2014 - Forsett was his key piece - but I had followed Robinson since he was at Orchard Lake St Mary's. I knew he was gonna be good, just had no idea he was about to be 1400 yards 14 TDs good. The Ravens new lead back followed up his breakout year with 641-2 and finished on IR. 

Rebuilding in dynasty last year and between draft picks and waivers I went all in on the 2017 draft class just hoping something would stick.  Turns out, it all stuck.  Ended up with Mahomes, Watson, Mixon, Aaron Jones, JuJu, Kupp, Golladay,   Godwin, and Kittle.  I’m amazed at that class.

I don't know if it was my best move ever, but I'm pretty happy I grabbed Tyreek Hill off waivers in a keeper league a couple of years ago. He's been on my roster ever since.

During the NFL Draft, just after the Martavis to Oakland trade and Chubb getting drafted to a "horrible situation," I made the following trade:

I gave: 1.04 and Martavis Bryant

I got: Stefon Diggs and 1.10

Chubb was my target at 1.04 and the NFL Draft didn't change that.  Knowing my leaguemates, I knew Chubb would likely tumble down the draft board due to the landing spot and I already had 1.08 and 1.09, so I decided to gamble a bit to cash out on the fresh Martavis hype to upgrade to Diggs, hoping I'd still be able to grab Chubb at 8.  I was also high on Kerryon and Royce, so I figured I could live with them worst case scenario.  I ended up moving up from the 1.09 to 1.06 with a 2019 mid 2nd rounder during the draft to go get Chubb just to be safe.  He took DJ Moore at 1.04, I grabbed Baker at 1.10 (league doing 2 year transition to superflex so QB values were in a weird purgatory).

Same owner got a little Nyheim Hines fever and came knocking for my 2.04 during the draft.  Ended up giving him 2.04 and 3.01 in 2018 for Robert Woods and a 2019 3rd (will be 3.01).   We made the deal while 2.03 was on the clock and he ended up getting sniped and settled for Rosen, which I think worked out for him.

Those two moves sped up my rebuild quite a bit and put his team in bad shape.

Recent dynasty moves include drafting Mahomes, Conner last year, and drafted Saquon Barkley this year. <-- very good, young core to have!

OBJs rookie year. He was hurt and as a result wasnt drafted. I grabbed him 2 weeks before he came back and was able to keep him 2 more years for my last draft spot, then second last draft spot. That same year I drafted Antonio Brown round 7 or 8 (kept for one round earlier the next two seasons). So for 3 seasons I had AB and OBJ for very low draft investment. Won the league 3 years in a row. 

OBJs rookie year. He was hurt and as a result wasnt drafted. I grabbed him 2 weeks before he came back and was able to keep him 2 more years for my last draft spot, then second last draft spot. That same year I drafted Antonio Brown round 7 or 8 (kept for one round earlier the next two seasons). So for 3 seasons I had AB and OBJ for very low draft investment. Won the league 3 years in a row. 
I also grabbed OBJ his rookie year before he came back and but for a missed bomb against Tennessee, he would have won me a title, too. 

Rebuilding in dynasty last year and between draft picks and waivers I went all in on the 2017 draft class just hoping something would stick.  Turns out, it all stuck.  Ended up with Mahomes, Watson, Mixon, Aaron Jones, JuJu, Kupp, Golladay,   Godwin, and Kittle.  I’m amazed at that class.
Holy ####!

This last calendar year has been pretty good in two leagues...

League 1

Ajayi/Booker/1.10 for David Johnson

Two 3rds for Em Sanders

P Lindsay for $20

Last year traded Bradford & 3rd for Rivers, McCaffrey & 2nd for M Thomas, and Godwin & 2nd for Hopkins

League 2

2019 1st for S Michel

3.12 For Darius Leonard

Lindsay for $1

Carr/5th/6th for Brady 

T Cohen/4th for Hilton

Njoku/2nd for Ertz

Traded away a 3rd round pick for Lavonte David before his rookie season in a dynasty. Was like a top 5 LB his 1st 4 seasons.

This preseason I traded away Dante Fowler & Sam Bradford for Frank Clark (currently #10 DL in our league).

Picking Conner up off waivers day after Bell owner didn’t draft him 
same.

in the same breath, maybe the worst move i made this year, trading Conner away to said Bell owner thinking Bell would be back after a couple of weeks. Got Brandin Cooks out of it in a keeper league so maybe not the worst move, but I'm outside looking in with 2 wins and he's playoff bound.

How some of you remember these things from decades ago is amazing. :thumbup:

same.

in the same breath, maybe the worst move i made this year, trading Conner away to said Bell owner thinking Bell would be back after a couple of weeks. Got Brandin Cooks out of it in a keeper league so maybe not the worst move, but I'm outside looking in with 2 wins and he's playoff bound.

How some of you remember these things from decades ago is amazing. :thumbup:
Funny, I tried feverishly to trade Conner to the Bell owner, no dice. 

Theyve won 2 games, and I’m looking at the playoffs 

Funny, I tried feverishly to trade Conner to the Bell owner, no dice. 

Theyve won 2 games, and I’m looking at the playoffs 
That was the evil genius plan of my trade. At the time. :wall: I'm one of the top 4 scoring teams in the 14 team league. Had 4 matchups against the top scoring team of that week, 2 more matchups that I lost by less than 2 points. Fantasy scheduling is the biggest crap shoot in the game.

3 or 4 years ago we had a new owner in our keeper league. The team he inherited wasn't terrible, but he had good WRs and nothing at RB.

Guy also had #1 pick in our draft. Anyway, he offered me the #1 for the RB that had just scorched the league in his rookie year - Jeremy Hill.

I drafted Antonio Brown at #1.

Traded up in dynasty startup drafts to get Chris Johnson in his rookie season and Odell Beckham Jr. in his rookie season, both "early" per adp at the time. Both were/have been the foundations for several championship teams.

Now I'm obliged to post my worst in the other thread ....

Users who are viewing this thread