Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: Jeffrey Wilson, RB San Francisco


Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...

He will be the hot waiver pick this week. I had to play him out of necessity (Mostert, McCaffery owner in deep roster league) so was obviously happy with the bottom line, but didn’t see any of the game. Was he getting carries throughout the game or only at the end when it was sewn up? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ghoti said:

He will be the hot waiver pick this week. I had to play him out of necessity (Mostert, McCaffery owner in deep roster league) so was obviously happy with the bottom line, but didn’t see any of the game. Was he getting carries throughout the game or only at the end when it was sewn up? 

IIRC, it was pretty interspersed. McKinnon was definitely 1A to his 1B. If this were a closer game, it would not surprise me if it was an 75/25 ratio between the two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ghoti said:

He will be the hot waiver pick this week. I had to play him out of necessity (Mostert, McCaffery owner in deep roster league) so was obviously happy with the bottom line, but didn’t see any of the game. Was he getting carries throughout the game or only at the end when it was sewn up? 

McKinnon out touched him 17 to 5 before being set down. 10 of his 15 touches came in the last 2 drives of the game (not including the 3 kneel downs Mullins did at the end), after McKinnon had been removed from the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

IIRC, it was pretty interspersed. McKinnon was definitely 1A to his 1B. If this were a closer game, it would not surprise me if it was an 75/25 ratio between the two.

 

25 minutes ago, mcd said:

McKinnon out touched him 17 to 5 before being set down. 10 of his 15 touches came in the last 2 drives of the game (not including the 3 kneel downs Mullins did at the end), after McKinnon had been removed from the game.

Thanks to you both.  That's what I was afraid of, it seems like he may have only seen as much action as he did because the game was ridiculously out of hand.  I may have to keep flexing him out of necessity, but I am not sure I would be jumping to claim him on waivers if I didn't already have him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...


49ers RB Jeff Wilson was carted off the field after suffering a lower leg injury in Week 7 against the Patriots. 

A New England defender rolled up on Wilson's ankle as he plunged into the end zone in the third quarter for his third score of the game. Wilson has run wild against a nonexistent Patriots defense, piling up 112 yards on 17 carries. Presumably JaMycal Hasty will take over early down work for the Niners. Jerick McKinnon remains strolling the sideline. 

RELATED: 

JaMycal Hasty

Oct 25, 2020, 6:16 PM ET

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

Quote

49ers placed RB Jeff Wilson (ankle) on injured reserve.

Wilson played 56% of the snaps as the Niners' lead back against the Patriots on Sunday but was hurt late in the second half and will now be sidelined through Week 10 at least. Prior to exiting Sunday, Wilson ripped New England for 17-112-3 on the ground and caught a pair of passes for eight yards. In his absence, the Niners will lean on Jerick McKinnon and JaMycal Hasty until Tevin Coleman (knee) is ready to return from his I.R. stint. This team has been ravaged by injuries.

Oct 26, 2020, 7:08 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Quote

49ers activated RB Jeff Wilson (ankle) from injured reserve. 

The 49ers have also activated Raheem Mostert (ankle), claiming they are unsure if he will suit up against the Rams. We would expect Mostert to play, leaving him as the No. 1 and Jerick McKinnon as the No. 2 with Tevin Coleman (knee) still sidelined. That means Wilson could mix in for some short-yardage/goal-line work as the No. 3 back, but there is no path to Week 12 fantasy relevance outside of a random touchdown plunge.  

Nov 28, 2020, 7:29 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...


 

Quote

Jeff Wilson rushed seven times for 47 yards in the 49ers' Week 13 loss to the Bills.

He added two catches for 12 yards on five targets in the passing game. With all of the Niners' backs healthy, Wilson led the team in rushing yards on just two fewer carries than Raheem Mostert (9-42) and out-targeted Mostert 5-1. Jerick McKinnon didn't register a touch, and Tevin Coleman turned his two carries into -11 yards. It looks like the Wilson and Mostert show headed into Week 14 against a tough Washington defense. Wilson has 19 carries in two games since his return from I.R. and is a TD-dependent RB3.

Dec 7, 2020, 11:50 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For the purposes of this post, let's assume Mostert is out this week. Everyone assumes Wilson will be a great start vs a terrible Dallas D.

 

Is anyone slightly terrified that Shanahan might pull a Shanahan and feature McKinnon or Coleman instead of Wilson? Those two were relegated to special teams last week, but that's when Mostert was active and starting. Might things be different going into a game with SF knowing all week Mostert is out? 

 

Relying on Shanahan to do the expected thing, in the fantasy playoffs, is just a tad frightening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Broncobiv said:

Is anyone slightly terrified that Shanahan might pull a Shanahan and feature McKinnon or Coleman instead of Wilson?

Yes, of course. But people with better options probably aren't looking at Wilson or this thread.

The RBs I drafted this year have left me adrift at sea, and our waiver wire is basically a desert island. 

So now it's just me and Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNLvRN2GUbg

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just when we thought Wilson was a surefire flex play this week, Mostert got in a limited practice today. I know people still think Wilson can produce decent numbers even with Mostert playing, but it's definitely a downgrade.

 

Personally, I'm thinking of starting Tyron Johnson tonight, which will give me the option to bench Wilson come Sunday if Mostert is starting. Ugh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Broncobiv said:

Just when we thought Wilson was a surefire flex play this week, Mostert got in a limited practice today. I know people still think Wilson can produce decent numbers even with Mostert playing, but it's definitely a downgrade.

 

Personally, I'm thinking of starting Tyron Johnson tonight, which will give me the option to bench Wilson come Sunday if Mostert is starting. Ugh. 

Your call but isn't Williams and Allen active. I like Wilson's upside so much more. Obviously, your call as this isn't a who do I start thread. You now have more info.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Jeff Wilson rushed 16 times for 60 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' Week 15 loss to the Cowboys.

Wilson took over for Raheem Mostert after Mostert went down with an ankle injury at the top of the second half. Wilson only gave up three carries to fellow backup Tevin Coleman which points to him handling the bulk of the carries for San Francisco in Week 16 if Mostert cannot go. He would be a high-risk RB2 versus the Cardinals in that scenario. If Mostert does manage to suit up, Wilson would hold little stand-alone value.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:02 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, papacapps said:

Does that make McKinnon the play?  This backfield is so confusing...

I made the championship using randoms for two weeks. It’ll likely continue with Zeke and Gibson banged up. McKinnon is PPR works id think.  Fingers crossed as Coleman steals the TDs lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He must have practiced.

Matt Maiocco

@MaioccoNBCS

#49ers practice report Did not practice DE Dion Jordan (knee) DT Javon Kinlaw (knee) S Tarvarius Moore (knee) RB Raheem Mostert (ankle) QB Nick Mullens (right elbow) WR Deebo Samuel (hamstring) CB Richard Sherman (calf) S Jimmie Ward (concussion)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

He must have practiced.

Matt Maiocco

@MaioccoNBCS

#49ers practice report Did not practice DE Dion Jordan (knee) DT Javon Kinlaw (knee) S Tarvarius Moore (knee) RB Raheem Mostert (ankle) QB Nick Mullens (right elbow) WR Deebo Samuel (hamstring) CB Richard Sherman (calf) S Jimmie Ward (concussion)

Positive news.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...