What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Justice Hill, BAL (3 Viewers)

Still holding.

Mostly because the wire is bare
In dynasty nothing has changed.  In redraft he was always behind Ingram and Gus.  If Ingram gets hurt he probably has RB3 value.  Barring two injuries he never was going to be big impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
In dynasty nothing has changed.  In redraft he was always behind Ingram and Gus.  If Ingram gets hurt he probably has RB3 value.  Barring two injuries he never was going to be big impact.
How does he even have value next year at this rate, only if Ingram or Gus is cut?

How does he even have value next year at this rate, only if Ingram or Gus is cut?
I wouldn’t be confident he does.  I’m betting on him getting more time as the year goes on, looking good, and then coming into next year with a solid portion of snaps.  But hard to see a path to feature back next year.

I wouldn’t be confident he does.  I’m betting on him getting more time as the year goes on, looking good, and then coming into next year with a solid portion of snaps.  But hard to see a path to feature back next year.
So even next year no real chance he takes over w/Gus even ahead of him? Redraft time to cut bait?

So even next year no real chance he takes over w/Gus even ahead of him? Redraft time to cut bait?
I cut bait with him in redraft two weeks ago, so did somebody else I know who knows how to play FF. His bait cut was this week.

Looked really good on his last run ...

hes going to be explosive in this offense. Ya know, once he gets the chance.

id be holding in redraft if you can. Definitely a prime dynasty asset IMO

I don't question the talent at all, it just comes down to opportunity.  If you can afford to wait 2 - 3 seasons, he should provide value.

I had hoped they'd use him in a Sproles role, but no dice.  Barring injury you're looking at a guy you won't start for 2 years... That's a long time to carry a ghost.

I don't question the talent at all, it just comes down to opportunity.  If you can afford to wait 2 - 3 seasons, he should provide value.

I had hoped they'd use him in a Sproles role, but no dice.  Barring injury you're looking at a guy you won't start for 2 years... That's a long time to carry a ghost.
Perhaps I’m too optimistic - and only speaking from a dynasty perspective, I am. 

(Sorry, not sure why I went into yoda speak)

but I think he’s gets his chance at some point THIS year. At least to show what he can do. I doubt Ingram is healthy for 16 games. Even if he is, we could see him resting late in the year ... time that Hill will showcase what he could add to that offense. 

That should lead to a more Ingram/Kamara type backfield leading into 2020. 

Think this is the week I have to throw in the towel due to lack of roster space. Hope I don't regret it...

He looked explosive on that last run inside the 5. It’s a process and he’s a strong hold in dynasty, but if possible, I’d still hold in redraft. 

Think this is the week I have to throw in the towel due to lack of roster space. Hope I don't regret it...

He looked explosive on that last run inside the 5. It’s a process and he’s a strong hold in dynasty, but if possible, I’d still hold in redraft. 
Finally had to let him go.  I think Gus is the goal line back even with an Ingram injury. 

Yea he is a really tough hold in redraft unless you have very large benches. Still love him in dynasty though. 

Was making a thread on him when I saw this. At least change the title guys... 🙁

Justice Hill rushed three times for 19 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 16 win over the Browns, adding three receptions for 32 additional yards.

The Ravens’ fourth-round rookie has impressed at times and showed off some enticing open-field speed on multiple occasions in Week 16. Still, he’d need injuries to both Mark Ingram and Gus Edwards to ever see a true three-down role in this offense. That could be closer to becoming a reality with Ingram (calf), who suffered a non-contact injury in the fourth quarter and didn’t return. Hill’s best-case scenario in the future (for now) seems to be as a change-of-pace complement that can provide a spark in the pass game.

Yea he is a really tough hold in redraft unless you have very large benches. Still love him in dynasty though. 
Ingram is signed for 2 more years which sucks for us Hill dynasty owners. But you never know. Running backs get injured. Could be a nice buy in the future if an owner gets frustrated by lack of playing time.

I had to make a roster move during the season and sold him for a 2nd next year in my PPR dynasty (turned out to be the 2.8 pick) AT the time I hated to make the move but now thinking I probably came out okay if this upcoming draft is as deep as most think it will be...

I had to make a roster move during the season and sold him for a 2nd next year in my PPR dynasty (turned out to be the 2.8 pick) AT the time I hated to make the move but now thinking I probably came out okay if this upcoming draft is as deep as most think it will be...
This seems fine for you.

I somewhat doubt that Hill would be drafted before that pick in a 2020 rookie draft although I do like his talent and ability. 

This seems fine for you.

I somewhat doubt that Hill would be drafted before that pick in a 2020 rookie draft although I do like his talent and ability. 
and he is very close to being in the dream situation, I don't think I would sell him for a 2nd rounder unless it was maybe the top of the 2nd round.

JUSTICE HILL RB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Speaking in a Thursday Zoom session, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he envisions roles for all four of his running backs. 

That is Mark Ingram, J.K. Dobbins, Gus Edwards and Justice Hill for those keeping score at home. Harbaugh's comments came in the context of discussing Hill, whom he said he expected to "make a big jump" in 2020. "Is that really a problem?" Harbaugh asked rhetorically. "Having four guys who can break long runs and make guys miss?" They're encouraging comments for those holding onto Hill in dynasty leagues, but the reality is, it is going to be very tough for Hill to carve out a meaningful role behind Ingram and Dobbins, especially since Dobbins can also catch passes. Lamar Jackson also barely targeted his running backs in 2019. Hill remains six months shy of his 23rd birthday, but his role in the Ravens' scheme of things is hard to spot right now. He needs to run circles around Dobbins on third downs this summer. 

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

May 28, 2020, 4:24 PM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports Justice Hill "seems pretty locked into" the Ravens No. 3 running back role. 

Mark Ingram's departure from the Baltimore backfield ensures Hill will head into 2021 as the RB3 in one of the NFL's run heaviest offenses. It's noteworthy because an injury to J.K. Dobbins or Gus Edwards would instantly open up snaps and touches for Hill, a much ballyhooed back in fantasy circles when Baltimore drafted him as a fourth rounder in 2019. Hill in 2020 had a meager 12 carries and five receptions. The team didn't draft a running back but struck a free agent deal with RB Nate McCrary from Saginaw Valley State after the draft. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

, Nate McCrary

SOURCE: The Athletic 

May 4, 2021, 10:42 AM ET

Ravens RB Justice Hill suffered a torn Achilles' during Thursday's practice.

It explains why the Ravens tried out Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, and Elijah Holyfield on Monday. Hill, initially slated to be active as the team's No. 3 back by default, will go on season-ending injured reserve and begin the long road back to 2022. With only Gus Edwards and Ty'Son Williams available at this time, both should be expected to handle an immense amount of work while a dusty veteran eventually gets up to speed behind them. Williams will undoubtedly be listed as a priority add in John Daigle's Waiver Wire column on Tuesday.

- Ian Rapoport, Twitter

Bummer, one of those guys who seemed to really have something to offer an NFL team but it just seemed not meant to be. I would like to hear from NFL GMs about what they didn't like and hear from the Ravens for why he didn't get much opportunity. 

Bummer, one of those guys who seemed to really have something to offer an NFL team but it just seemed not meant to be. I would like to hear from NFL GMs about what they didn't like and hear from the Ravens for why he didn't get much opportunity. 

I will come clean and admit I was very high on him coming into the NFL but he has shown virtually nothing so far.

I will come clean and admit I was very high on him coming into the NFL but he has shown virtually nothing so far.
Me too but literally everything from draft capital to landing spot and on was bad for him. I often wonder with players how much of it is lack of talent, lack of work ethic and just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Picked him (Williams) up as a handcuff to my handcuff, but I dont have a lot of confidence that Lamar will let he, or even Gus have much success here.  He runs way more than he should, and his check downs are like spiked lawn darts.  Hope I'm wrong.

I want the hype on Williams to teach epic proportions, so I can sell him to the zero RB guy in my league for a tidy profit.

:pickle:

Justice Hill rushed six times for 60 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 win over the Patriots.​

Hill led all Baltimore running backs in rushing yards on the afternoon; his day buoyed by a 34-yard rush in the third quarter. Hill looks like the clear RB2 behind J.K. Dobbins at this point, with veteran Mike Davis failing to log a carry on the afternoon. Hill looked explosive at times in this one, and could be worth a deep stash for the time being. However, he stands to lose value whenever Gus Edwards (knee) returns to the field.
Sep 25, 2022, 6:42 PM ET

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said Justice Hill in Week 3 ran "like a star running back."​

"I thought Justice Hill really stepped up," Harbaugh said of Hill's Week 3 performance against the Patriots, in which he ran for 60 yards on six carries while out-snapping J.K. Dobbins. "He was kinda the bell cow today. He made some exceptional runs. He and I have been talking about that for a couple weeks -- he was gonna break out and run like a star running back, and he did." Against New England, Dobbins ran more pass routes and saw two targets to zero for Hill. Dobbins, recovering from a 2021 knee injury, seems a long way off from taking on an every-down role in the Baltimore offense. Hill can be rostered in case Dobbins misses any time in 2022.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sarah Ellison on Twitter
Sep 28, 2022, 9:55 AM ET

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said Justice Hill in Week 3 ran "like a star running back."​

"I thought Justice Hill really stepped up," Harbaugh said of Hill's Week 3 performance against the Patriots, in which he ran for 60 yards on six carries while out-snapping J.K. Dobbins. "He was kinda the bell cow today. He made some exceptional runs. He and I have been talking about that for a couple weeks -- he was gonna break out and run like a star running back, and he did." Against New England, Dobbins ran more pass routes and saw two targets to zero for Hill. Dobbins, recovering from a 2021 knee injury, seems a long way off from taking on an every-down role in the Baltimore offense. Hill can be rostered in case Dobbins misses any time in 2022.
RELATED:
Interesting. What can we make of this, Johnny?

RELATED:

Well that's out of left field.

Thinking of adding him and dropping Pacheco.

RELATED:

Well that's out of left field.

Thinking of adding him and dropping Pacheco.
I wouldn't get too focused on one comment. There is still Dobbins and (eventually) Gus Edwards to contend with.

Another nail in the coffin for the notion that RB's are done after achilles injuries.

It’s amazing. Especially the way James Robinson is playing. Think we now have 4 RBs who have looked decent post-Achilles? Akers, Foreman, Hill & Robinson. Anyone else?

Different position & we’ve seen it before (Sherman) but Jeff Okudah, #3 overall pick a few years ago, is playing at a high level at CB.

Great to see.

Users who are viewing this thread