What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devin Singletary, NYG (5 Viewers)

Cameron Wolfe @CameronWolfe

Frank Gore says Devin Singletary  reminds him of himself. He said Singletary is the most natural of all the young RBs that have been under him. High praise for @motorsingletary.

Sigmund Bloom @SigmundBloom

Beautiful to see that Singletary understands how special an opportunity it is to be Gore's understudy and that Gore sees himself in Singletary, wants to help him succeed. This is absolutely altering the course of Singletary's career for the better, he'll hit top range of outcomes

I’ve got to say… I’m extremely impressed with how the bills handle this injury. They could’ve easily rushed him back and risked aggravation, but they just shut him down for a couple weeks and now he is 100%.

Compare that to how the Redskins treat injured players and it’s night and day.

kudos to the bills for managing their young players health appropriately.

Like to hear what his stat line will look like this Sunday?  Contemplating starting him and hoping for a 50/50 split with Gore based on this matchup.

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Devin Singletary (hamstring) is "trending in the right direction" for Sunday's Week 7 game against the Jaguars.

Singletary has been a full participant at practice coming off last week's bye and figures to return from a four-game absence Sunday when the Bills host Miami. The matchup is an enticing one—no team in football has allowed more yards or points per game than the listless Dolphins—though Frank Gore's presence undoubtedly limits the rookie's upside. Even with four teams on bye, Singletary should be viewed as a mere RB3/flex.

SOURCE: Sal Capaccio on Twitter

Oct 18, 2019, 9:59 AM ET

Same boat here.

I think he's a solid option even if he's splitting carries, with the talent to give you a big play or two. But the floor is low.
The receptions help keep his floor elevated a bit. John Brown is hurt (groin I think?) making it more likely he seems a bump in receptions. 

just hoping for no setbacks this week in practice because Miami is tasty. At home, Bills should be running the ball 40x. 

Right now I'm starting Devin at flex to fill-in on a BYE week over Gore.

Singeltary is the quintessential mystery box that could be a great prize or a dud.

Only 10 carries and 5 receptions on the year but he has produced:

• 127 rushing yards
  • 28 receiving yards
  • 1 rushing TD
That (156 combined yards and a TD) is a lot of production for only 15 touches. 

Singeltary is the quintessential mystery box that could be a great prize or a dud.

• 127 rushing yards
  • 28 receiving yards
  • 1 rushing TD
Totally agree with this... also believe that it is totally unsustainable and really need him be in the upper end of a 15-20 touches/game slot.

Reason being, the other side of this is that after only 15 touches he got hurt and was out for a couple weeks.

Lots.  Almost all?  He plays Miami... 

If he already cleared waivers once maybe you can get him cheaper tho. 
Was (somehow) dropped Tuesday night , waivers runs tonight for those players

I have Chubb (bye), Carson and Breida or Edmonds starting this week

not much else Mattison , Henderson

I have a bid in for 30%

Totally agree with this... also believe that it is totally unsustainable and really need him be in the upper end of a 15-20 touches/game slot.

Reason being, the other side of this is that after only 15 touches he got hurt and was out for a couple weeks.
Except against MIA it’s completely sustainable. 

bills should run the rock 30 or more times in this game. MIA D Is 30th against the run. 

singletary was in for 68% of the snaps & getting roughly half the RB touches and all of the dump-off & designed throws to the RB. 

15 touches = PPR RB2 with RB1 ceiling if he breaks a long one or get  TD 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Except against MIA it’s completely sustainable. 

bills should run the rock 30 or more times in this game. MIA D Is 30th against the run. 

singletary was in for 68% of the snaps & getting roughly half the RB touches and all of the dump-off & designed throws to the RB. 

15 touches = PPR RB2 with RB1 ceiling if he breaks a long one or get  TD 
Agree.  This is why I'm considering him over M. Gordon.  I'm leaning with Singletary based on the matchup and the potential to get 15 touches myself.

Bracie Smathers said:

• 127 rushing yards
  • 28 receiving yards
  • 1 rushing TD
Yeah, but can you trust a guy who's averaging less than 13 yards per carry?

Fantasy football is all about volume.  I  like Singletary a lot, I am high on him in dynasty, and I think he's a viable play this week, but I think Gore is the better play this week. 

I don't think much needs to be said about Gore. He's got 75 rushes, 6 catches and 2 touchdowns through 5 games this year including 11 and 19 in the games Singletary played.  He's not likely to break one but he's averaging 4.3 per carry and a mediocre 6 and change per catch.

Chances seem good that he'd get about 15 carries and a catch with 40 percent chance of a touchdown against a neutral matchup, but this is not a neutral matchup.  Miami sucks, everyone knows that.  But this is a narrative game for gore against his former team.  And this is a divisional game and those can be wonky.  The Bills need a win and aren't likely to get cute.  He might push for closer to 20. 

Singletary is still a good play though.  The dolphins have allowed a league worst 181 rushing attempts this year in 6 games. Even if gore gets 15 to 20 and Allen gets a couple, Singletary could - and likely will - still get 8 to 15 touches.  He's had 9 and 6 so far in his short career, and it's a great spot for him to get an extended look once the game is in hand.  But remember that the team just held him out while they were 3-1 coming off a loss against the Patriots and playing an apparent contender (2-2) on the road in Tennessee. He should be fully healed after the bye week, but I don't expect them to try to wear him out. 

He's also not a burner. He's got a very good ypc in his limited work but he wins by avoiding tackles and extending plays, not breaking 60 yard runs. So while he could get more yards on fewer carries, and could catch a couple passes, his upside is matched by gore's volume and slightly higher chance of getting goal line carries. 

Either one could blow up for 100 yards and multiple touchdowns, and either one could disappear a little. But if you are deciding between the two i think gore has a higher floor due to volume, and an equally high ceiling due to touchdown potential and the narrative of playing his former team. 

Devin Singletary played just 22-of-51 snaps (39%) in his Week 7 return from a hamstring injury against the Dolphins.

Singletary was seeing his first action since Week 2 and played behind Frank Gore, who was in on 30 snaps and out-touched the rookie 12-7. The problem was the Bills ran a season-low 51 offensive plays, well below their season average of 67.4. It was especially disappointing considering the Dolphins allowed 65.6 plays per game. The Buffalo defense simply couldn't get off the field Sunday. Gore has played well his first year in Buffalo and has a firm grip on 1A duties to Singletary's 1B. Singletary should flirt with double-digit touches normally and will be a mere RB3/FLEX for Week 8 against the Eagles.

SOURCE: John Daigle on Twitter

Oct 21, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

Seems like he'll only be startable if Papa Gore gets hurt.
Why’s that?  Because of last weeks quiet game in his first action in a month?   This week isn’t a great matchup but he was the lead back before injury with a healthy gore considering snap percentages.  And was wildly productive.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The multi week injury really set the hype train back but I still have faith he takes over. If bills want to do any damage in the playoffs they know they need to feed Singletary. These next few weeks will be pretty telling as last game looked like they are working him back in.

For fantasy purposes, this is a 2020 play.  I don’t see the Bills giving Singletary the bulk of work at any point in 2019.
So you think the bills are giving up on the 2019 season? That's what giving gore the majority of the touches would indicate.

So you think the bills are giving up on the 2019 season? That's what giving gore the majority of the touches would indicate.
Gore has been really good at least just looking at his stats. They didn’t run much last week so maybe Singletary gets more work this week as the volume goes up for the team but seems like they are fine letting Gore take majority of work.

For fantasy purposes, this is a 2020 play.  I don’t see the Bills giving Singletary the bulk of work at any point in 2019.
Singletary had 68% of snaps the game he got hurt.  And averaged 10 yards per touch. 

Singletary had 68% of snaps the game he got hurt.  And averaged 10 yards per touch. 
Did he get 68% of the RB touches?  Over what time span?   Realistically, what workload do you expect from him rest of year?

To be clear, I’m a fan and an owner.  

Did he get 68% of the RB touches?  Over what time span?   Realistically, what workload do you expect from him rest of year?

Something probably being overlooked by a lot of people is that the Bills aren’t a run-first pound the rock team this year. They throw the ball on 1st down amongst the highest percentage of times in the league. They throw a lot more than they have in the past. 

So in regards to Singletary being in for 68% of the snaps, yeah, he was, but he didn’t get a lot of carries because they were slinging the ball all over the place.

He got 68% of “SNAPS”. Over the time span of “THE GAME HE GOT HURT”.   I don’t see why he won’t return to at least that   Maybe tomorrow maybe later, but do we really think 57 year old frank gore is the better option??

To clarify: he played 68% of offensive snaps in Week 1. (He didn't get hurt in that game.)

He was injured in the 4th quarter of Week 2. He played 33% of total offensive snaps in that game; had he remained in the game, then his share would have been around 45%.

For the record, Frank Gore's snap counts have been 29%/61%/62%/44%/52%/54%.

Will Devin Singletary play a bigger role in his second game back from injury?

Buffalo Bills

Will Devin Singletary play a bigger role in his second game back from injury?

If Sunday's forecast for rain holds true, the Bills might opt for a more ground-based offensive game plan. Singletary's usage was disappointing against the Dolphins, but it's understandable given how much of the clock Miami controlled. Expect Singletary to make more of an impact against the Eagles. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Not true.  They run it the 6th most on first down.
Weird, that must have changed quite a bit the last few games because it was definitely the case early on.

Either way, for today with the high winds, I would expect more running, but that is going to be tough sledding against a really good Eagles run defense. Sucks for the Bills because it was a really juicy matchup against their secondary.

Weather report calling for high gusty winds.

Look for an increase of run opportunities today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stacey Pensgen‏ @WHEC_SPensgen

Wind advisory posted for areas from Rochester to Buffalo. Winds will gust 40-45mph along and behind a cold front this afternoon. Tie down and deflate any Halloween decorations for today! #roc

6:30 AM - 27 Oct 2019

I live like 20-25 minutes from the stadium and it is super gusty windy at the moment.  Supposed to stay gusty through the game, in what is already historically a windy stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread