What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devin Singletary, NYG (4 Viewers)

Tough match up for Singletary. Pierce has been a huge bust this year.

Agree but for some of us with bye weeks and injuries a starting RB to put into the flex sounds pretty good.

Ill be rolling with Singletary over Chubbard from the waiver wire out of desperation. Lol.
Hubbard was announced starter and Sanders is in the dog house it seems I think I go Hubbard myself.

I like Carolina’s rushing matchup Vs Indy better than Houston Vs TB.

But I read that Carolina’s coach said Miles Sanders will be more involved this week. I also assume Singletary will be the lead but who knows how they split touches.

Reich said “the two RBs will split carries….”. Interpret that as you see fit. Was on rotowire.

That was my logic in the decision. GLTA.

Tough match up for Singletary. Pierce has been a huge bust this year.

Agree but for some of us with bye weeks and injuries a starting RB to put into the flex sounds pretty good.

Ill be rolling with Singletary over Chubbard from the waiver wire out of desperation. Lol.
I am going with the opposite, Chuba over Singletary. Chuba has been running pretty well this year (considering) and TB is a tough ticket. Good luck, RB roulette most weeks.
I’m starting both with my top 4 RBs hurt/byes.

(Rotowire) Singletary carried 30 times for a career-high 150 yards and a touchdown and brought in his only target for 11 yards in the Texans' 30-27 win over the Bengals on Sunday.
Analysis: Singletary filled in for Dameon Pierce (ankle) for the second straight game, and on this occasion, he was the only Texans running back to log a carry. Singletary consistently exploited running lanes throughout the afternoon, with his long gain going for a modest 22 yards. He also recorded his first touchdown in a Texans uniform on a six-yard run midway through the third quarter, the perfect punctuation mark on the career-best performance. Given how much Pierce has struggled for running room when he's been healthy, it's certainly conceivable the backfield develops into much more of a timeshare whenever the second-year back returns to action.

Guy has been on fire. Who cares about pierce
Right. I feel like if there was ever a player earning a job while given the opportunity, this is it. Pierce sucked while he was out there. He was then not out there and his replacement was better. I don’t think the coaches will be like “well, it was against soft run defenses”.
I also don’t know **** so it’s whatever. Still starting Singletary over Demario Douglas probably.

Traded him away for Purdy before last weeks game

Sold him as the lead back

it’s nice being right every now and then

Job his going forward?

If I had to take a stab I'd say yes. Pierce will still get some opportunities I would think, but he did poorly when he was out there. And there was word he was viewed as struggling adjusting to the scheme. So not simply a matter of poor run blocking (of which there was some also). Just my gut there, no inside info or anything.

I can't help but feel he earned the lead back role, but w/ lil to no news about this makes me worried about rolling him out today.

I can't help but feel he earned the lead back role, but w/ lil to no news about this makes me worried about rolling him out today.
Texans OC Bobby Slowik on Dameon Pierce and Devin Singletary: "When DP comes back, we believe wholeheartedly in sharing the load." Adds that Dameon Pierce was making strides before he got hurt.

There’s the only news I’ve seen. Which is from a pretty good source. I’m also worried. But still I’d take a (hopefully) 1A back in a competent offense.

One caveat… Singletary excelled against two garbage run defenses. And we already know who Singletary is… probably missed his “sell high” window.

One caveat… Singletary excelled against two garbage run defenses. And we already know who Singletary is… probably missed his “sell high” window.
I’m honestly not sure if the coaches think the same way. “Yeah sure you ran well but it was against trash teams. Hopefully he gets the 1A spot.

(Dynasty League Football) Devin Singletary had 121 rushing yards, four catches and 49 receiving yards in the Texans win over the Titans. Analysis: Even better for Singletary managers was the fact he had 30 of the 32 running back touches. At this point, Dameon Pierce has become a total afterthought and Singletary has become the engine of the offense. Both of these running backs will be difficult to value into the off-season as the Texans could look to the draft for a new workhorse. Regardless, Singletary is looking like a must-start for playoff bound dynasty teams the rest of the way.

start him over swift this week?

KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson reports RB Devin Singletary “isn’t a lock” to return to the Texans next season.
Singletary took over the lead running back role for the Texans last season and wound up rushing for 216-898-4. The former Bill added another 30 receptions for 193 scoreless yards and has now totaled 1,000-plus yards from scrimmage in three straight seasons. Set to turn 27 just before the start of the season, Wilson noted that the running back market “is a fluid situation” and that Singletary should have a strong free agent market in the coming days.

Giants need some help on o line now. A healthy Jones and a guy like Odunze or Nabers. That should put them in the right direction.

Giants agreed to terms with RB Devin Singletary, formerly of the Texans, on a three-year, $16.5 million contract.

Mercy. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports another $3 million is available through incentives. Going on 27, Singletary is the kind of back who normally wouldn’t land a contract until 6-7 days into free agency, but it’s a weak free agent class at most key positions. Pair that with a supposedly underwhelming RB draft class, and Singletary is able to turn 898 inefficient yards into $16.5 million. Headed from an on-the-rise offense to a bottom-five offensive environment, Singletary is going to have major trouble producing top-30 numbers despite last year’s career returns. He will also undoubtedly be paired with a committee member or two
- Rotoworld
OOF.

I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics to somehow say Saquon is washed yet Devin Singletary will unlock the offense.

I say that specifically because I've already seen people say this on other boards. :wall:

Giants agreed to terms with RB Devin Singletary, formerly of the Texans, on a three-year, $16.5 million contract.

Mercy. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports another $3 million is available through incentives. Going on 27, Singletary is the kind of back who normally wouldn’t land a contract until 6-7 days into free agency, but it’s a weak free agent class at most key positions. Pair that with a supposedly underwhelming RB draft class, and Singletary is able to turn 898 inefficient yards into $16.5 million. Headed from an on-the-rise offense to a bottom-five offensive environment, Singletary is going to have major trouble producing top-30 numbers despite last year’s career returns. He will also undoubtedly be paired with a committee member or two
- Rotoworld
OOF.

I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics to somehow say Saquon is washed yet Devin Singletary will unlock the offense.

I say that specifically because I've already seen people say this on other boards. :wall:

Some people... aren't good at fantasy football. 😂 The Giants are a wasteland. You don't even need to stack the box to stop a guy like Singletary.

I'd bet good money they're the worst team in the league this year. 3 wins, max. I don't care who they draft. They underwater at QB, deficient at all skill positions.

Even if they had the 85 Bears defense they would still struggle to win games. The Patriots from last year are a good comparison except their defense will be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread