What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

Eh, if I wanted to watch white guys debate I'd tune in to the next Democratic Debate.
:lmao:

Seriously, watching the same characters try to re-argue the same things they have for the last 3+ years? Hard pass. There’s not much question where anyone in here stands. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

Seriously, watching the same characters try to re-argue the same things they have for the last 3+ years? Hard pass. There’s not much question where anyone in here stands. 
I respectfully disagree. 

I think there’s a lot of nuance between the two sides that we never get to because long before we get there these discussions end in name calling or somebody quitting in frustration. An organized debate might avoid that and allow us to go deeper, to find out exactly where our points of disagreement are. I think it would be very illuminating.  

I respectfully disagree. 

I think there’s a lot of nuance between the two sides that we never get to because long before we get there these discussions end in name calling or somebody quitting in frustration. An organized debate might avoid that and allow us to go deeper, to find out exactly where our points of disagreement are. I think it would be very illuminating.  
The bolded is essentially what goes on here and has been for years when opposing sides interact. There are many repeat offenders of the name calling that still somehow find their way back. Besides that it’s majority the one sided Trump hate then this one thread that’s sometimes allowed to have other views. Just is what it is, but wish you the best in finding someone to debate and thanks for doing it respectfully unlike some others that jump in here insult or relive the same off topic arguments over and over. 

The bolded is essentially what goes on here and has been for years when opposing sides interact. There are many repeat offenders of the name calling that still somehow find their way back. Besides that it’s majority the one sided Trump hate then this one thread that’s sometimes allowed to have other views. Just is what it is, but wish you the best in finding someone to debate and thanks for doing it respectfully unlike some others that jump in here insult or relive the same off topic arguments over and over. 
Shocking no one takes Tim up on his offer.  Because you know, facts.

Hi @Widbil83

My firm opinion is that you are highly intelligent, very knowledgeable, and that your strong support for President Trump is absolutely earnest. I also note that in recent months you’ve become a pretty regular contributor to the Politics Forum. 

I’d like to know if you’re interested in a debate with me about Trump’s Presidency. It could be lengthy: we could cover all important issues from impeachment to immigration to the economy to Iran to foreign policy: all aspects of his term in office so far. There would be no time limits so that if you or I were away from the forum for several days or longer it would simply be delayed. We could have set rules: initial points, rebuttals, questions from the “audience”, questions to each other. We could have other people that we both trust fact check any claims we made. The one restriction, as a point of honor, is that neither of us could link other people’s arguments or quote other people’s arguments- we have to make our own. We can, however, quote facts and statistics and provide links to those.

I think this would be both a lot of fun and very informative and people would enjoy reading it. I believe we could keep it absolutely respectful and refrain from personal insults and rude comments.  

Are you interested? 
I appreciate the kind words good buddy, but I’m far too busy at the moment to engage in a lengthy Lincoln-Douglas style debate. Plus I know you would absolutely boat race me in posting volume. Hard pass here.

Let’s deal with Assassingate 1st , please
I believe MAGA folks can multitask. Definitely carry on with the assassingate talk, I have nothing to add there.

To the issue I posted, this claim seems to me to have zero basis in reality. I could be wrong so thought I would come to the MAGA source. Was this addressed again by Trump after this tweet, talked about in the rallies or was this Tweet a one-off on this issue? 

He is for it.  He has never called for getting rid of pre-existing  conditions.  Saying he is the strongest  about anything is just DJT.
Thanks for the response. You are right about that what he said there was very vague and just typical "politician speak" that they all do.

I mistakingly grabbed the wrong tweet and meant to get the one from early that day where he said "I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your Healthcare"

This was the line that had me surprised. Is there anything to what he said here?

Thanks for the response. You are right about that what he said there was very vague and just typical "politician speak" that they all do.

I mistakingly grabbed the wrong tweet and meant to get the one from early that day where he said "I was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your Healthcare"

This was the line that had me surprised. Is there anything to what he said here?
What do you think about the boys in the other thread talking assassination?   :crazy:

What do you think about the boys in the other thread talking assassination?   :crazy:
Is this about the killing of Soleimani? I haven't read that thread lately so not sure what you are referring to. It does seem to me that Team Trump was kind of all over on their story of the build up to the killing of that dude but everyone agrees he was bad news. My initial (and honestly not really that well informed) take is Team Trump wasn't prepared well. 

Been super busy but was very freaked out initially when I first heard US base was bombed. Ultimately am very, very happy that things didn't escalate and give Team Trump credit for letting things de-escalate. 

Is this about the killing of Soleimani? I haven't read that thread lately so not sure what you are referring to. It does seem to me that Team Trump was kind of all over on their story of the build up to the killing of that dude but everyone agrees he was bad news. My initial (and honestly not really that well informed) take is Team Trump wasn't prepared well. 

Been super busy but was very freaked out initially when I first heard US base was bombed. Ultimately am very, very happy that things didn't escalate and give Team Trump credit for letting things de-escalate. 
X

OK, I've mostly honored my vow to stay out of this thread, but I had to offer this:

Without discussing any of the other specifics, I will give Trump bigly credit for de-escalating the Iran hostilities last week. Well done. You guys have good reason to be proud of the guy you support.

And I'll add that the assassination hullaballoo is off the rails.

Happy New Year everyone! May it better than the last for Americans of every political persuasion.

Users who are viewing this thread