What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

I'm about to deal my local gym a "death by a thousand cuts" slice because people can't make a short term sacrifice to pin down this pandemic.  I was prepared to keep paying my monthly fees for the next six months or so whiile I isolate, but since people like you are crying for bars to be open, F that.
I feel bad for you after reading whatever this post was supposed to be. Godspeed. 

:lmao:  You're hoping your local gym goes under because people arent shuttering at home like you are...people seeming unaffiliated with your gym?
I wish them the best of luck.  I've known the owner for 15 years, great guy, but returning to the gym is not in my foreseeable future.

Vote split down party lines, left shutting down businesses. Ridiculous. Any place that serves food can open their bar but bar owners getting destroyed. The liberal agenda is clear. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article243761622.html

Restaurants and bars open at 50% here, its glorious. Going out as often as I can and tipping 50% to help out those that have been out of work.  :thumbup:
Is this the liberal agenda at work?

Restaurants and bars open at 50% here, its glorious. Going out as often as I can and tipping 50% to help out those that have been out of work.  :thumbup:
Yeah we are back up here too, other liberal lead areas I have some business owner friends not as lucky. 

It’s no different Tim then if your anti-Trump you’re a liberal.  Apparently now everything ever is either something someone agrees with or it’s the “liberal agenda”. 
Always appreciate the unbiased views of our resident “Independent”. 😂

Ok. Your post sounded like you were doing it to spite other people. Probably just bad wording. 
I'm not gonna look up the quote, but I'm pretty sure it was you that said that the only thing worse than going to a gym was going to a gym on a cruise ship. 

Today, I'm not sure there's any difference at all.

Vote split down party lines, left shutting down businesses. Ridiculous. Any place that serves food can open their bar but bar owners getting destroyed. The liberal agenda is clear. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article243761622.html
There may be good arguments to make that bars should be open if restaurants are open. I get that. Small businesses are being badly hurt. I get that too. 
What I strongly object to is your use of the phrase “liberal agenda”. Disagree with these decisions all you want but they’re not being made to achieve a political goal. 

There may be good arguments to make that bars should be open if restaurants are open. I get that. Small businesses are being badly hurt. I get that too. 
What I strongly object to is your use of the phrase “liberal agenda”. Disagree with these decisions all you want but they’re not being made to achieve a political goal. 
Just because your biased media tries to cover up the bolded doesn’t mean I don’t see through it Tim. These pathetic games are going to ruin your Summer of Love. 

I'm not gonna look up the quote, but I'm pretty sure it was you that said that the only thing worse than going to a gym was going to a gym on a cruise ship. 

Today, I'm not sure there's any difference at all.
No sure what that has to do with your spite or bad wording but ok.  

Apparently to listen to doctors when it comes to a viral pandemic that has killed more than 120000 is an agenda.
That's only 1.2 trillion in life dollars. The real number we need is lives saved*, but, it will be debated for years if the economic shutdown was worth it. 

*The more you claim what a poor job we are doing the lower that number must be. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's only 1.2 trillion in life dollars. The real number we need is lives saved*, but, it will be debated for years if the economic shutdown was worth it. 

*The more you claim what a poor job we are doing the lower that number must be. 
Yeah bang up job. Really good stuff.

It's a political goal.  Look at some of libs here, twitter, and everywhere practically giddy over the crap economy because it hurts Trump.  How many times have they blamed Trump for the economy and not the CoronaVirus?  So yeah, of course Trump is going to make this political in an election year and try to fix the economy.  The stupid covid-19 virus is yet another ridiculous finger pointer blame issue.   America!

It's a political goal.  Look at some of libs here, twitter, and everywhere practically giddy over the crap economy because it hurts Trump.  How many times have they blamed Trump for the economy and not the CoronaVirus?  So yeah, of course Trump is going to make this political in an election year and try to fix the economy.  The stupid covid-19 virus is yet another ridiculous finger pointer blame issue.   America!
No doubt Trump is getting more blame in this then he should, but any pretext that it wouldn’t be exactly the same from conservatives had Hillary (or Obama) were POTUS is disingenuous at best.  It’s standard politics.  

No doubt Trump is getting more blame in this then he should, but any pretext that it wouldn’t be exactly the same from conservatives had Hillary (or Obama) were POTUS is disingenuous at best.  It’s standard politics.  
And Hillary/Obama would be trying to fix the economy and not screaming shut everything down.   Yes, agreed standard politics.  Standard hypocrisy.

You're getting to my point. 

It's not smart to be around other people who are not smart.
If you stay outside, it isn’t too hard to be smart and avoid the idiots who aren’t taking it seriously.

Restaurants + bars are opening up with outdoor seating (not all are following social distance protocols but a fair amount are). There’s some good outdoor activities to do such as going on hikes, hanging in parks with friends, etc.

I’ve even been going back to my apartment gym for the past couple of weeks. Granted, I’m lucky in the sense that no more than a few people are in there at a time, but wearing a mask and gloves there really isn’t bad at all.

Not what I meant. Of course politics are involved with how people talk about this (though they shouldn’t be, because even if Trump loses the election the damage is already done.) But the idea that a governor would keep bars closed for politicians is beyond the pale. He’s doing it because the numbers are spiking and health officials are advising it 

And Hillary/Obama would be trying to fix the economy and not screaming shut everything down.   Yes, agreed standard politics.  Standard hypocrisy.
I don’t believe that Hillary or any Democrat I could think of would have chosen to defy public health officials no matter what the political gain might have been. I am 100% sure you’re wrong about this. 

I don’t believe that Hillary or any Democrat I could think of would have chosen to defy public health officials no matter what the political gain might have been. I am 100% sure you’re wrong about this. 
You need only to look at their support of people cramming into crowded areas during the protests to see that they definitely would.   It’s not that the virus isn’t present or dangerous, it’s that the supposed facts on what’s safe and what isn’t changed for the politics of it. Now, whether we should have gone the route of Sweden may be another debate. 

You need only to look at their support of people cramming into crowded areas during the protests to see that they definitely would.   It’s not that the virus isn’t present or dangerous, it’s that the supposed facts on what’s safe and what isn’t changed for the politics of it. Now, whether we should have gone the route of Sweden may be another debate. 
No, that’s not a good argument. What some Democrats said (not all) is that the protests were so important it was worth the risk. But no Democrats that I am aware of denied the risk. 
If Republicans, from Trump on down, had said, “we understand the risk but it’s important to open up business so its worth it” that would be one thing. But they’re not saying that; they’re saying the risk is exaggerated, the science is wrong, you don’t need to wear a mask, etc. 

No matter how many times you guys try to make this comparison it simply doesn’t hold up. 

Yep, the hypocrisy speaks for itself. More of the same with them. 

Yeah they never played politics and looked out for themselves.  Excellent point , Tim. 

Yeah they never played politics and looked out for themselves.  Excellent point , Tim. 
As political and self serving as they were, they would not have chosen to defy public health officials. 
You and others love to play the “both sides” thing and a lot of the time you’re right, But ignoring or refuting science has become a Republican thing; Democrats and independents don’t do it. 

As political and self serving as they were, they would not have chosen to defy public health officials. 
You and others love to play the “both sides” thing and a lot of the time you’re right, But ignoring or refuting science has become a Republican thing; Democrats and independents don’t do it. 
Science!!!  Drink

I know I can't speak for others, but this 100% entered our minds at the KP household.   The wife wanted to go to a rally or two, but we decided it wasn't the time with COVID, especially since we didn't know how seriously people at the rally would be taking it.  We couldn't tell our kid he couldn't go to the gym and then have her go do that.   That said, a lot of the pics from th event seemed to have a bit higher mask wearing % than my normal trip to the store on the weekend.  

However, I do think that it's pretty telling that we would say it's hypocritical to hold the POTUS to a different standard than Joe Citizen on the street.   I would expect the president and any person running for high office to have different safety measures and guidelines when it comes to COVID.  :shrug:

I know I can't speak for others, but this 100% entered our minds at the KP household.   The wife wanted to go to a rally or two, but we decided it wasn't the time with COVID, especially since we didn't know how seriously people at the rally would be taking it.  We couldn't tell our kid he couldn't go to the gym and then have her go do that.   That said, a lot of the pics from th event seemed to have a bit higher mask wearing % than my normal trip to the store on the weekend.  

However, I do think that it's pretty telling that we would say it's hypocritical to hold the POTUS to a different standard than Joe Citizen on the street.   I would expect the president and any person running for high office to have different safety measures and guidelines when it comes to COVID.  :shrug:
If politician X says, "oh, the President's rally is a health risk" or "opening too early is a health risk" and that same politician say nothing on a protest with thousands of people gathering together, then yes, it's hypocritical.  IMO, silence is acceptance.  If someone says, you can gather to protest "as long as you wear a mask" or even implies that taking safety precautions makes it acceptable to gather in large crowds, then you can also go back to work or go to the gym using those same precautions.    

If politician X says, "oh, the President's rally is a health risk" or "opening too early is a health risk" and that same politician say nothing on a protest with thousands of people gathering together, then yes, it's hypocritical.  IMO, silence is acceptance.  If someone says, you can gather to protest "as long as you wear a mask" or even implies that taking safety precautions makes it acceptable to gather in large crowds, then you can also go back to work or go to the gym using those same precautions.    
Fair enough, and no problem with that.  I stepped in an misread that as one side in here not having issues with protests, but taking shots at Trump for his rally.  Apologies. 

Unsealed notes from Strozok indicate that Joe Biden brought up the idea of investigating Michael Flynn.  Flynn's attorneys say the notes indicate that Biden thought Flynn might have violated the Logan Act.  This after Biden said he "knew nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn."  The Strozok's notes were previously withheld from Flynn, only being made available in January.  According to Biden, this is all just a "diversion tactic" by Trump.  Sure thing Joe.  LOL.

Fair enough, and no problem with that.  I stepped in an misread that as one side in here not having issues with protests, but taking shots at Trump for his rally.  Apologies. 
To be fair, I didn't read any of the posts on protests.  I just gave you my opinion on how politicians treated them.

Unsealed notes from Strozok indicate that Joe Biden brought up the idea of investigating Michael Flynn.  Flynn's attorneys say the notes indicate that Biden thought Flynn might have violated the Logan Act.  This after Biden said he "knew nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn."  The Strozok's notes were previously withheld from Flynn, only being made available in January.  According to Biden, this is all just a "diversion tactic" by Trump.  Sure thing Joe.  LOL.
Joe had trouble telling the truth long before his decline.  

Joe had trouble telling the truth long before his decline.  
Here's a section of the notes:

"VP: 'Logan Act"

P: These are unusual times.

VP: I've been on intel committee for ten years and I never.

P: Make sure you look over things and have the right people on it.

P: Is there anything I shouldn't be telling the transition team?

D [assuming this is Comey]: Flynn -- Kislyak calls but appear legit."

😲

Users who are viewing this thread