What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

You only got yourselves to blame for that. All we have heard for months is that he has mentally deteriorated, can't put two coherent sentences together, talk without a teleprompter, doesn't know where he is and has been hidden in his basement because of it. Add to that dozens of misleadingly edited videos (many taken out of context) to make him look as bad as possible.

Yes, as long as he doesn't knock over the podium or babble incoherently the entire time, it will be a considered a win.

Hannity last night was already trying to spin Biden exceeding the lowered expectations - something to the effect that he has had nothing to do the last few months but prepare for the debates and his handlers each day are having him memorize a couple sentences of talking points for each debate issue and he will regurgitate that to give the impression that he understands what he is saying.  :D
I stopped at this falsehood, please no spamming in here. 

Trump supporters are responsible for the bar being set so low for Biden tonight?  Did I understand that right?
Yes, just like Obama supporters and Democrats were equally responsible for setting a low bar for Sarah Palin before her 2008 debate with Biden by labeling her as, um, not being very bright.

You only got yourselves to blame for that. All we have heard for months is that he has mentally deteriorated, can't put two coherent sentences together, talk without a teleprompter, doesn't know where he is and has been hidden in his basement because of it. Add to that dozens of misleadingly edited videos (many taken out of context) to make him look as bad as possible.

Yes, as long as he doesn't knock over the podium or babble incoherently the entire time, it will be a considered a win.

Hannity last night was already trying to spin Biden exceeding the lowered expectations - something to the effect that he has had nothing to do the last few months but prepare for the debates and his handlers each day are having him memorize a couple sentences of talking points for each debate issue and he will regurgitate that to give the impression that he understands what he is saying.  :D
The best part is that it is killing them with senior voters, and yet they persist.

“Spamming” is used as a one way tool to suspend here.
Actually, "Spamming" is the default option when issuing a suspension. Sometimes, there isn't a category that really fits the offense -- likely because "You're being an obnoxious tool; please stop it" isn't a option in the drop-down menu, so the person issuing the suspension just leaves the default option.

Sorry for the confusion.

Trump supporters are responsible for the bar being set so low for Biden tonight?  Did I understand that right?
It’s almost like Biden supporters want us to forget Joe Biden has literally been doing to for 50 years. Biden should have a huge bar to get over. 

It’s almost like Biden supporters want us to forget Joe Biden has literally been doing to for 50 years. Biden should have a huge bar to get over. 
Has he accomplished anything in the last 50 years in politics? So he's been sand bagging and is going to turn it on all of the sudden and get serious? He's a baffling nominee. 

Not sure is this video has been posted, but President Trump is such a good man with a giant heart. 

Rogan O’Handley@DC_Draino

Jay Barrett, a Trump supporter from CT, was diagnosed with terminal Cystic Fibrosis back in 2019

He said his dying wish was to talk w/ President Trump

President Trump made it happen

Jay unfortunately died days later but his family said he had the time of his life on this call

https://twitter.com/dc_draino/status/1310344361692073990?s=21

every day.  this is it.  Trump is finished.  3 plus years of it.  it was an attempted coup plain & simple.
Into the wee hours of every morning, believing any Trump hate from any media sources that could be found....we’ve come a long way. 

Actually, "Spamming" is the default option when issuing a suspension. Sometimes, there isn't a category that really fits the offense -- likely because "You're being an obnoxious tool; please stop it" isn't a option in the drop-down menu, so the person issuing the suspension just leaves the default option.

Sorry for the confusion.
Breaking my rule (again) and posting here - this explains a lot :bag:

Thanks!

Good ol Russia. 

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/rep/releases/chairman-graham-releases-information-from-dni-ratcliffe-on-fbis-handling-of-crossfire-hurricane

Remember back to all the time dedicated to the Russia hoax and all the times we heard “this is it, he’s done!”. Truly amazing, here we are...2020. 
Strangely this hasn’t been posted in the Russia thread yet by the usual suspects.  :whistle:
Senate Republicans on the Intel Committee rejected this memo because it is unverified. In declassifying it, Ratcliffe notes “The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”

Trump's spy chief just released 'Russian disinformation' against Hillary Clinton that he acknowledged may be fabricated

Senate Republicans on the Intel Committee rejected this memo because it is unverified. In declassifying it, Ratcliffe notes “The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”

Trump's spy chief just released 'Russian disinformation' against Hillary Clinton that he acknowledged may be fabricated
Then why would John Brennan brief Obama? That’s all the verification we need. 

Should be interesting tonight, will expect alot of Biden pretending like his crystal ball would have prevented Covid and keeping away from anything else. The bar is set pretty low for him with his basement hiding and gaffes when he has appeared. 

Judging by the reaction of the Left it’s not looking like a good night for Joe. 

“I’ve done more in 47 months than you have done in 47 years.” 

Landed that haymaker and it’s completely true. Trump isn’t my personality preference but Biden is the poster boy career politician that has never done anything but use DC to get rich. 

This really sums up Sleppy Joe’s career in DC
Yep. Look at all the posters in the other thread saying no more debates, that shows you how tonight went. They don’t want any more of Biden’s record highlighted, just need to keep him in the basement as the guy that’s not Trump. 

I think President Trump was really holding back quite a bit. He started to open up on Biden’s unmasking of Gen Flynn and spying on his campaign but didn’t go full throttle. I’m sure he really wanted to give him the Billy Batts treatment. 

Him refusing to answer the question about stacking the SCOTUS might be his death knell.  I know a lot of people that won't consider him if that's even a possibility.
That, eliminating the filibuster, and essentially packing the Senate by adding two states to add four D's to the Senate is the game plan.

Didn’t Biden start out the debate saying something like he is the Democratic Party?  However, later in the debate he wants no part of talking to Democrat mayors and governors about riots?
He's the entire party, but since he's not elected yet, he hasn't taken those steps.  You can't have it both ways.  

From the good Dr Gorka on Twitter 

@Sebgorka

Biggest consequences of tonight: 

-@AOC and her Green New Deal were rejected by Sleepy @JoeBiden so the Democrats base will revolt 

- Thanks to President @realDonaldTrump’s stones, Hunter Biden’s corruption is back on the menu.

Him refusing to answer the question about stacking the SCOTUS might be his death knell.  I know a lot of people that won't consider him if that's even a possibility.
Are those voting for him ethically really going to be against it or will they make some excuse for it as usual if it benefits them?

BREAKING: Joe Biden falsely claims Antifa is simply 'an idea'

This despite the fact that the anti-fascist movement has mobilized across the nation in Democratic-led cities while organizing on social media.

During the presidential face-off, former Vice President Joe Biden claimed that "Antifa is an idea not an organization."

This despite the fact that the anti-fascist movement has mobilized across the nation in Democratic-led cities while organizing on social media.

The Post Millennial's editor-at-large Andy Ngo pointed out that "Rose City Antifa is a group," also the name of the attackers in his brutal assault last year in downtown Portland.

"Antifa Seven Hills is a group. Antifa Sacramento is a group. Atlanta Antifascists is a group. Youth Liberation Front is a group. There are many, many antifa groups. And they are violent," Ngo informed.

Prior to this, moderator Chris Wallace and Biden cornered Trump to denounce right-wing extremists and white supremacists.

"Somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left," Trump volleyed, "because this is not a right-wing problem. This is a left-wing problem."

That's when Biden claimed that Antifa is simply an "idea, not an organization, not militia."

On "reimagining policing," Wallace asked Biden if he supports the Black Lives Matter call for "community control of policing."

"What I support is the police having the opportunity to deal with the problems they face. I'm totally opposed to defunding the police officers," Biden asserted, then purporting a need for "more assistance" through accompanying psychologists and psychiatrists present "to keep [police] from having to use force and being able to talk people down."

Trump called out the euphemism. "That's talking about defunding the police. He has no law enforcement support."

Then when Trump asked Biden to name a law enforcement organization that supports him, the Democratic presidential nominee froze.

"Name one group that came out and supported you," Trump snapped. "Think. We have time." Deflecting, Biden claimed "we don't have time to do anything."

Wallace saved Biden, speechless at the moment, to "take back the moderator role."

Fact Check: Transcript Shows Trump Did Not ‘Refuse’ To ‘Denounce’ Or ‘Condemn’ White Supremacy At Debate

Emily Jashinsky

Here’s a sampling of headlines in major news outlets that purported to capture an exchange on white supremacy between President Trump, Joe Biden, and moderator Chris Wallace during Tuesday night’s debate.

Trump refuses to denounce white supremacy, says ‘stand back and stand by’ on Proud Boys movement

Trump sidesteps call to condemn white supremacists, points to extremism on the left

‘Stand back and stand by.’ During debate, President Trump again refuses to condemn white supremacists

Donald Trump refuses to condemn white supremacists at presidential debate

Trump Refuses to Condemn White Supremacy, Instead Telling Far-Right Group: ‘Stand Back and Stand By’

Trump does not condemn white supremacy, tells far right group Proud Boys to ‘stand by’

Trump Refuses To Condemn White Supremacists — Tells Proud Boys To ‘Stand By’

Now compare those headlines to the transcript they claim to describe, and pay particular attention to Trump’s first response, which the bulk of the coverage glosses over.

WALLACE: “Are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups…”

TRUMP: “Sure…”

WALLACE: “And to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha, and as we’ve seen in Portland”

TRUMP: “Sure, I’m prepared to do it, but I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing not from the right-wing. I’m willing to do anything, I want to see peace…”

WALLACE: “Then do it, sir.”

BIDEN: “Do it, say it.”

TRUMP: “What do you want to call them? Give me a name.”

WALLACE: “White supremacists and right-wing militias”

BIDEN: “Proud Boys”

Trump: “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left.”

It is absolutely accurate that Trump told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by.” I, like many others, interpret that statement to be insufficiently critical (although personally I think it had to do more with Trump’s sloppy speaking style and hostility towards the question than any nefarious motivations). My interpretation, however, does not constitute a fact.

The fact is that Wallace specifically asked Trump if he was “willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups,” and Trump immediately replied, “Sure.” That is incontrovertible. It is not an interpretation. It is also not reflected whatsoever in the headlines that are currently blaring incorrect information to millions of readers.

The counterargument is that Trump’s statement on the Proud Boys was not a condemnation, thus it’s accurate to say he “refused to condemn white supremacy” on the basis that the Proud Boys are a proxy for it. When asked clearly to condemn white supremacy, however, Trump said “sure.” The coverage, then, should reflect that he condemned white supremacy, even if it also reports on the Proud Boys line.

That line is still murky. Is telling them to “stand back” not a condemnation? If so, did he undercut “stand back” with “stand by”? Trump is not an easy politician to cover because he doesn’t speak like a normal politician. Nevertheless, the fact remains that he said “sure” when asked directly to condemn white supremacists. I’m of the opinion that interpreting it as a “refusal” is wrong, but either way he condemned white supremacists in the first part of his exchange with Wallace.

It’s as simple as that. Maybe you think “sure” is insufficient or indicative of a deeper disinterest in the issue. Maybe you think there’s a difference between being “willing” to do something and actually doing it. (If, like George Conway, that’s your take, you still have to explain whether being “willing” to do something is the same as “refusing.”) Maybe you think Trump’s “stand back and stand by” line was almost encouraging. Some people probably saw it as a condemnation. Others may have been displeased. These are all opinions. They are not facts.

Stating as a fact that Trump did not “condemn” white supremacy during the debate is misinformation, plain and simple. He was asked directly to condemn white supremacists, and he did.

The coverage of this exchange is a depressing case study in why the media deserves growing public distrust. These headlines reflect anti-Trump interpretations of the moment, not the reality of what Trump explicitly said—and on an extremely serious issue about which voters deserve to know the absolute truth.

Emily Jashinsky is culture editor at The Federalist. You can follow her on Twitter @emilyjashinsky .

The Proud Boys believe Trump's comments in the debate are a vote of approval. Are they misunderstanding? Trump can set the record straight in a NY minute with an unambiguous tweet.

Users who are viewing this thread