What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

There was a first lady?
I don't have any animus towards Melania Trump whatsoever. I can only submit that she's been the first First Lady of my lifetime that's been essentially a cipher in the role. That's not something I hold against her, just an observation -- it's easy to imagine that even if she were an out-front kind of person, independently pushing any kind of initiative to the American public would've been difficult under the circumstances.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Maybe this explains the approval ratings:

>>Michelle Obama graciously hosted Melania Trump at the White House immediately after 2016 election to ensure a smooth transition. Melania Trump has done absolutely nothing for Dr. Jill Biden. Some people are givers, others takers. <<

https://mobile.twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1351236636575739916
Or it could be as Chuck Todd pointed out on MTP yesterday that each of the successive first ladies since Laura Bush have had a an increasingly negative view by the opposition party before they ever enter office.  Right now Jill Biden is at 8/59 favorable/unfavorable with Republicans.  

Now, I don't personally have any animous towards Jill Biden, she seems perfectly nice.  But those numbers shows it's more about polarization of politics than the person themselves.  Everyone is so entrenched today that the first lady of the other party has an ever increasing negative image from the opposition, thereby dragging down the overall opinion of them.  It shouldn't be any surprise that Melania Trump isn't in the rearview mirror to get a bump, nor is Jill Biden.  The way things are right now with the other side bad stuff, I'm shocked Melania is doing that well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melania not welcoming or hosting Jill Biden at the White House is among the least important things in my life.   

Who the heck cares????

I care. Watching the outgoing President and First Lady sit and have tea with the incoming President is important. It shows that  the United States stands for peaceful transfer of government. We believe in elections and respect their outcomes. 

By not doing so, the Trumps continue to spit in the face of the important beliefs and ideals of the US.

Look at the MSM getting geared up for the Biden coddling.  :lmao:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2021/01/19/biden-is-inheriting-one-of-the-worst-economies-in-recent-history-these-5-numbers-show-how-much-he-needs-to-fix/amp/

He’s inheriting a great market hit with a pandemic that already has a vaccine in place by the time he takes office....literally all he has to do is get out of the way and not try to enact any terrible policies. That people buy these headlines is so rich.  :lmao:

Look at the MSM getting geared up for the Biden coddling.  :lmao:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2021/01/19/biden-is-inheriting-one-of-the-worst-economies-in-recent-history-these-5-numbers-show-how-much-he-needs-to-fix/amp/

He’s inheriting a great market hit with a pandemic that already has a vaccine in place by the time he takes office....literally all he has to do is get out of the way and not try to enact any terrible policies. That people buy these headlines is so rich.  :lmao:
Yeah, maybe the journalists should go to the stock market thread to see what a more measured, rational, fact-based narrative would look like.

That’s a hell of a farewell speech by a stellar commander & chief. Very classy . Extraordinary speech. 
Glad to see him say out loud that he is handing over power and wishing his successor well.  That's what should happen in a democracy.    Truly glad he said those words.  This speech was much needed.
Skipping out the back door on inauguration day on the other hand is cowardly, shameful and yet totally in character for this charlatan. A 75 year old child.

I hope Trump never gets another position in government again (he may not run for U.S. President again, but I could totally see him running for Governor of Flordia or something like that). He was pretty much as bad as I expected. I hope no one like him ever gets a position in government from here on out either. It's up to the people who enabled him to make sure they don't make a mistake like this again. I'm not sure my hopes will be realized.

If this isn’t shtick and you guys are really trying to argue that Trump is leaving everything in great condition, much better than he found it, and all Biden needs to do is not mess it up, I’m afraid that’s going to be a rather hard sell. 
Maybe in here but not in the real world. He has a vaccine in hand and depressed economic numbers only due to the pandemic...it’s not hard to see. 

Maybe in here but not in the real world. He has a vaccine in hand and depressed economic numbers only due to the pandemic...it’s not hard to see. 
If you say so. But based on his current approval ratings, I’m afraid your “real world” is rather limited and shrinking all the time. 

Four of the best years of business I've ever had, well three, Covid was happening either way.  Not always a fan of all the rhetoric but besides business I agree with talking to adversaries like North Korea, treating China more like the threat that they are, and pulling out of these Middle East entanglements.  I remember four years ago everyone here was worried about all the wars that the unstable President Trump was going to get us into around the world.

I guess that’s a cool talking point in a forum where you are the leading poster and it’s 95% people with the same views but it’s just not reality as much as the narrative you want. Sorry. 
After all only 3 to 4 thousand people are dying daily - I wouldn’t call that a mess by trump standards 

After all only 3 to 4 thousand people are dying daily - I wouldn’t call that a mess by trump standards 
There are what 3 vaccines available, you think we are worse off than last Spring with no end in sight? Please give us your bias spin on that?

Users who are viewing this thread