What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Sharper Image catalog and personal massagers (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
This latest holiday installment arrived in the mail today and includes four ads for “personal massagers.”  (Note these are not including the jackhammer muscle massager things). It’s becoming so blatant. Not sure why, but I found that kind of surprising. 

This latest holiday installment arrived in the mail today and includes four ads for “personal massagers.”  (Note these are not including the jackhammer muscle massager things). It’s becoming so blatant. Not sure why, but I found that kind of surprising. 
I think that the ads are based on Mrs O's search history.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Lol. I saw that and showed my wife. I think I told her that Sharper Image was selling vibrators. I think the catalog came a few days ago. It took me a second to realize it just thinking massage since they used to sell the back massagers. There was more than one and the second one mentioned waterproof and my old brain finally clicked.

That said, I do still have their nose and ear trimmer which has to be almost 20 years old and still works like a charm. Replace the battery every few years and that’s it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. I saw that and showed my wife. I think I told her that Sharper Image was selling vibrators. I think the catalog came a few days ago. It took me a second to realize it just thinking massage since they used to sell the back massagers. There was more than one and the second one mentioned waterproof and my old brain finally clicked.
Sharper Image is the new Adam & Eve.

That said, I do still have their nose and ear trimmer which has to be almost 20 years old and still works like a charm. Replace the battery every few years and that’s it. 
Exactly, they don’t even hide it. The ads are very suggestive with half naked models, one of them even says it’s for “tired muscles and sensual areas,” and on the opposite page there’s two kids jumping on one of those big pianos. 

Exactly, they don’t even hide it. The ads are very suggestive with half naked models, one of them even says it’s for “tired muscles and sensual areas,” and on the opposite page there’s two kids jumping on one of those big pianos. 
Piano is a euphemism here, right?

Read the reviews for the Hitachi Magic Wand on Amazon.  PS...it works like Magic too!

I think the most surprising part of this thread is learning people still use catalogs. I thought flipping through physical catalogs had gone the way of the dodo.

Edit: Well, and maybe learning that Otis is already having to shop for a "helper" for the wife...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the most surprising part of this thread is learning people still use catalogs. I thought flipping through physical catalogs had gone the way of the dodo.

Edit: Well, and maybe learning that Otis is already having to shop for a "helper" for the wife...
Every once in a while I’ll go through the Sears catalog for nostalgia purposes.

I mean, it’s not like I ordered the catalog. Every week or so we get a brzillion catalogs. Terrible waste of paper and cost for these folks.  Sharper Image is the one with gadgets and gizmos, and I was bored, so I flipped through it on the couch.

At some point the Internet gets kinda boring. 

I mean, it’s not like I ordered the catalog. Every week or so we get a brzillion catalogs. Terrible waste of paper and cost for these folks.  Sharper Image is the one with gadgets and gizmos, and I was bored, so I flipped through it on the couch.

At some point the Internet gets kinda boring. 
I've always wondered how brick and mortar stores on the verge of collapse can afford to continue printing and mailing these things. The aforementioned Sears being a prime example.

Adam and Eve has been running an infomercial in weekend mornings the last few months. I was fairly surprised to turn on the TV at 8:30 AM (I think it was comedy Central) and find some chick going into detail about clitoral stimulation and g spot thrusting

Adam and Eve has been running an infomercial in weekend mornings the last few months. I was fairly surprised to turn on the TV at 8:30 AM (I think it was comedy Central) and find some chick going into detail about clitoral stimulation and g spot thrusting
Yep, saw that same thing, and it was Comedy Central.  

TLEF316 said:
Was she wearing a clown nose maybe?

DallasDMac said:
I've always wondered how brick and mortar stores on the verge of collapse can afford to continue printing and mailing these things. The aforementioned Sears being a prime example.
You would be surprised, catalogs are pretty effective esp this time of year.  It’s easy to get lost in the internet searching for gifts.  With a catalog, it finds you, and if at the very least gives the customer a reason to notice the retailer and go to their site.  Plus as others have said, many people at least give it a casual flip through that could lead to a sale 

I think the last catalog I flipped through was a Victoria's Secret and I don't think I have received one of those in maybe 15 years.  I don't know if they are even still making them, but if they are I am off of their mailing list.

DallasDMac said:
Honestly, I didn't even realize Sharper Image still had a catalog or even a website. I thought they just sold some random products every once in a while at places like Target. 

Users who are viewing this thread