What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (2 Viewers)

IS THAT 70 or 69?!!!

Stares down ball after like it's doing something wrong, then takes out yardage book to stare at it, as if something's wrong there too.  Club may have been next.  Or caddy.  Whatever it was, wasn't him.

Great, now here's Azinger with more beefcake gushing.  Westwood was covered for about 10 seconds total of the last 5 minutes, in the exact same positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
 No, it felt real good, thanks for bringing that up, man. Hey, my parents died when I was ten, would you like to talk about that?

: No, why would I wanna talk about that?

Yes. It was very uncomfortable. My wife and I looked at each other and just said, what a db question.

It reminded me of Bubba’s Masters win and they asked him about his recently passed father.
Was it Sands?  He's usually very good, but that is inappropriate drama-hunting.

So happy for JT.  Feel he got over-punished due to "the current climate" for a transgression that was both real and common.  Glad he has bounced back.

WDIK2 said:
Wow.  In the air that looked like it was hooking into the water.
What he tried to pull off was super impressive.  He cuts the ball.  To even try to hit big hooks on those two tee shots and go against his stock shot took brass balls.  If it's me I'm double crossing.  Got a little lucky, but you only try that if you are in such control of your swing

Nigel said:
Harman needs to shorten his pants, always too long - such a dusty look.
Haha.  It was killing me watching that guy.  I thought it might have been my inner :style: god getting the best of me but clean up a bit Harman.  He's leaving a ton of money on the table from sponsors dressing like he's part of the grounds crew.  

Haha.  It was killing me watching that guy.  I thought it might have been my inner :style: god getting the best of me but clean up a bit Harman.  He's leaving a ton of money on the table from sponsors dressing like he's part of the grounds crew.  
It was no fluke, noticed it last week too.

Perhaps waiting for the Toro/Kuboda/Rain Birds to come calling.

What he tried to pull off was super impressive.  He cuts the ball.  To even try to hit big hooks on those two tee shots and go against his stock shot took brass balls.  If it's me I'm double crossing.  Got a little lucky, but you only try that if you are in such control of your swing
He clearly was feeling good about his swing since he did that same big draw 2 days in a row.  Ballsy no doubt, but he overhooked it and got more than a little lucky yesterday.  I don't think I've ever seen a hook bounce straight and a little to the right when landing on a slight downslope to the left.  In all honesty, he should've been in the water after that shot yesterday and I'll bet even he thinks so.  

He clearly was feeling good about his swing since he did that same big draw 2 days in a row.  Ballsy no doubt, but he overhooked it and got more than a little lucky yesterday.  I don't think I've ever seen a hook bounce straight and a little to the right when landing on a slight downslope to the left.  In all honesty, he should've been in the water after that shot yesterday and I'll bet even he thinks so.  
You could pretty much see that in his face when he got out to the ball.

Nigel said:
Harman needs to shorten his pants, always too long - such a dusty look.
I think it's an ego thing.  So he can buy pants with a 28" inseam instead of 24".

Who we betting on this week?

Looks like this is an event you can suck at putting and still win. Par 70 and very difficult so I am not sure if that makes par 5 scoring more or less important. Greens in regulation on the top 5 finishers every year seems pretty important.

Hard to put money on berger at 10-1 or Im at 12-1. 

Westwood checks a lot of boxes here. Including past perfromance/recent performance. Finished in a tie for 4th last year. 20-1.

For a middle long shot I really like Russell Knox. Forget what tourney it was recently, but he had like 30 straight greens in regulation and was in contention. He ended up getting a penalty assessed like 4 holes later one day and it all unraveled(going by memory here so I hope i have right).  66-1. 

Tringale is intriguing since he is having a good year, ranks well in GIR, had success here last year, but I wish he was better than 40-1. Missed the cut at tpc and if he doesnt hole one out early at API he misses the cut there too. I havent odds shopped yet, but will likely bet if i can find at 50-1.

Only other bet so far I like is Nesmith to lead first round at 80-1. He leads tour in GIR and has some nice first rounds recorded this year. 

Might drop a few bucks on Norlander too.

Players to avoid according to my model...

Doc Redman, Scott Piercy and Gary Woodland

Would be shocked if these guys even card a single birdie. 

I think Gary woodland and Scott pierce have the Vid and won’t be Playing in this, or maybe that’s what you were getting at?

Hope they weren't hanging out at the Lemon Bar with @Nigel

@GolfDigest: Gary Woodland and Scott Piercy are out of the Honda Classic after testing positive for COVID-19: http://glfdig.st/gXAw50DZvcb https://twitter.com/GolfDigest/status/1371545805262368772/photo/1
Did not see them there but Lemon Bar sure did have the feel of a place that could host a wildly prolific super-spreader event. Cool spot, but we didn't stay long. Headed over to Poe's Tavern which was much quieter/more conducive to watching the final stretch of golf.

Played King & Bear yesterday morning, then straight to airport for 4:30pm flight home. Perfect weekend on all counts - appreciate the local knowledge along the way.  :thumbup:

Did not see them there but Lemon Bar sure did have the feel of a place that could host a wildly prolific super-spreader event. Cool spot, but we didn't stay long. Headed over to Poe's Tavern which was much quieter/more conducive to watching the final stretch of golf.

Played King & Bear yesterday morning, then straight to airport for 4:30pm flight home. Perfect weekend on all counts - appreciate the local knowledge along the way.  :thumbup:
Nice, used to play King & Bear pretty regularly. Nice track as far as FL goes.

ETA: As somebody who used to live in SA and traveled for work... F the location of that airport.

Who we betting on this week?

Looks like this is an event you can suck at putting and still win. Par 70 and very difficult so I am not sure if that makes par 5 scoring more or less important. Greens in regulation on the top 5 finishers every year seems pretty important.

Hard to put money on berger at 10-1 or Im at 12-1. 

Westwood checks a lot of boxes here. Including past perfromance/recent performance. Finished in a tie for 4th last year. 20-1.

For a middle long shot I really like Russell Knox. Forget what tourney it was recently, but he had like 30 straight greens in regulation and was in contention. He ended up getting a penalty assessed like 4 holes later one day and it all unraveled(going by memory here so I hope i have right).  66-1. 

Tringale is intriguing since he is having a good year, ranks well in GIR, had success here last year, but I wish he was better than 40-1. Missed the cut at tpc and if he doesnt hole one out early at API he misses the cut there too. I havent odds shopped yet, but will likely bet if i can find at 50-1.

Only other bet so far I like is Nesmith to lead first round at 80-1. He leads tour in GIR and has some nice first rounds recorded this year. 

Might drop a few bucks on Norlander too.

Players to avoid according to my model...

Doc Redman, Scott Piercy and Gary Woodland

Would be shocked if these guys even card a single birdie. 
I like Keegan this weekend.  Did a nice job avoiding trouble last week and he finds fairways. 

Oh yeah he is another great example of a great ball striker that cant putt into a swimming pool. 
from one of the dfs write ups this weeks

If you’ve paid attention to golf in the past few years, you know that Bradley is one of the best ball-strikers on tour but often can’t get out of the way of his own putter. While that still remains true, we are venturing into uncharted territory right now. Bradley has gained strokes/putting in each of his past two starts. He has only done that on two other occasions in the past five years. We can argue that these two weeks are outliers, and they might be, but if Bradley can maintain any semblance of confidence on the putting greens this week—he will contend.

Is a Rhein Gibson an $1800 guitar?

@PGATOURComms: Daniel Berger is a WD from The Honda Classic and replaced in the field by Rhein Gibson.

Hunter Mahan has missed the last 7 cuts and shot an 80 yesterday at Puntacana (the other tournament this week).  Might be time to get that insurance license.

Just tuned in and Kevin Na is giving DJ #### about needing to wait til he concedes the putt before picking up even though it was a tap in, gonna be some chatter on that one!

Very entertaining day of golf.  8 out of 16 "pods" required extra holes to decide who advanced.  Sergio scratched and clawed all day against Westwood, needing (and making) several mid-range putts just to stay alive, then drains an ace on the fourth overtime hole to advance.  MacIntyre hits his drive to 4 feet for eagle on 18 to win his group.  Pretty good stuff.  

The Na versus DJ thing was weird, but then I remind myself that not only is Na probably one of the only guys that is going to say something like that, but likewise DJ is one of the only guys who is a bit "sloppy" when it comes to making sure a putt is conceded before picking it up.  So, I think it was just a combination of extreme circumstances, and players of opposite extremes.  Na is super intense, DJ is the exact opposite.  But, I do think it bothered DJ a little bit.  He went in the water on the very next hole, and refused to speak to the media afterwards.  Not to mention, the post-match handshake was about as brief as they get.  Whether you like the move by Na to say something or not, props to him for sticking in there in a match that meant basically nothing to him.  

I need to remember next year to forget about picking any of the big guns in my local fantasy league.  Just stick with the guys who typically get it done in this format, regardless of their "form" coming in.... Poulter, Kuchar, Bubba, Kisner, Sergio, Casey, etc.  Yeah, a couple of those didn't advance, but if I had taken those six, I'd be a lot better off than with the group I took.  I had Rahm and Horschel advance, but wasted picks on JT, DJ, and Bryson in the meantime.  This tourney is a crapshoot, and certainly one where "horses for courses" (or maybe formats) applies.  

Very entertaining day of golf.  8 out of 16 "pods" required extra holes to decide who advanced.  Sergio scratched and clawed all day against Westwood, needing (and making) several mid-range putts just to stay alive, then drains an ace on the fourth overtime hole to advance.  MacIntyre hits his drive to 4 feet for eagle on 18 to win his group.  Pretty good stuff.  

The Na versus DJ thing was weird, but then I remind myself that not only is Na probably one of the only guys that is going to say something like that, but likewise DJ is one of the only guys who is a bit "sloppy" when it comes to making sure a putt is conceded before picking it up.  So, I think it was just a combination of extreme circumstances, and players of opposite extremes.  Na is super intense, DJ is the exact opposite.  But, I do think it bothered DJ a little bit.  He went in the water on the very next hole, and refused to speak to the media afterwards.  Not to mention, the post-match handshake was about as brief as they get.  Whether you like the move by Na to say something or not, props to him for sticking in there in a match that meant basically nothing to him.  

I need to remember next year to forget about picking any of the big guns in my local fantasy league.  Just stick with the guys who typically get it done in this format, regardless of their "form" coming in.... Poulter, Kuchar, Bubba, Kisner, Sergio, Casey, etc.  Yeah, a couple of those didn't advance, but if I had taken those six, I'd be a lot better off than with the group I took.  I had Rahm and Horschel advance, but wasted picks on JT, DJ, and Bryson in the meantime.  This tourney is a crapshoot, and certainly one where "horses for courses" (or maybe formats) applies.  
Sergio lost to wallace today 3&2

He only played 4 holes against westwood but he did make big putts on hole 2&3

He was walking in puts, which is cool but he was 0-2 and eliminated already. He has some strange shtick
Not sure if he thought about it first, but it ended up being just gamesmanship that worked like a charm. There’s a guy exactly like that in every club championship.

Users who are viewing this thread