Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 PGA Tour -

Joe Mammy

20 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

This penalty on Abraham Ancer.....BRUTAL. Dude was assessed 2 shots for moving like 4 grains of sand on his back swing.

Used to play with a club pro on weekends.  Dude accessed me a 2 stroke penalty for leaning on my club in a fairway bunker waiting my turn to play (we were wagering in a match play format).  I gripped about that being BS and he proceeded to lecture me about the integrity of the game.  After the round we are sitting in the parking lot drinking some beers and figuring out the payouts for the day.  I happened to glance at his bag in the back of the SUV and said, "hey Mr. Integrity of the Game, can you count the number of clubs in your bag for me?"  "Thought so, that's 2 strokes per hole right?"

• Like 3
  • Laughing 6

7 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Do you fellas ever do a Masters thread of its own?

yeah...used to.  I started one last year, but I think the majority prefers to post here.

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

Used to play with a club pro on weekends.  Dude accessed me a 2 stroke penalty for leaning on my club in a fairway bunker waiting my turn to play (we were wagering in a match play format).  I gripped about that being BS and he proceeded to lecture me about the integrity of the game.  After the round we are sitting in the parking lot drinking some beers and figuring out the payouts for the day.  I happened to glance at his bag in the back of the SUV and said, "hey Mr. Integrity of the Game, can you count the number of clubs in your bag for me?"  "Thought so, that's 2 strokes per hole right?"

:lmao: We had a tourney 2 weekends ago and my buddy and I won it, as they are doing payouts a guy in another group comes up and says we are dq’d for too many clubs. The other 2 guys in our group start laughing while my buddy tells them to bring up the illegal bag. Well one of the kids grabs it and my buddy tells him to get out his “2 3 woods” and to inspect them. Dude starts laughing as soon as his grabs them, yep my buddy has the fake club that pours booze, I say booze cause instead of beer he filled it with jack and coke to maximize our day!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 4

How the water is so perfect

Golf Digest’s Mike Stachura was fortunate enough to play the course in 1996 – and bold enough to take a sample from the pond in front of No. 15. Tests revealed the water contained food dye, similar to what’s used in blue-colored icing you might find on a kid’s birthday cake 

I've always believed it :shrug:

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, belljr said:

How the water is so perfect

Golf Digest’s Mike Stachura was fortunate enough to play the course in 1996 – and bold enough to take a sample from the pond in front of No. 15. Tests revealed the water contained food dye, similar to what’s used in blue-colored icing you might find on a kid’s birthday cake

I'll take "Folks Not Invited Back" for 800

• Like 2

22 hours ago, belljr said:

I love him and all but Verne has reached his Pat Sumerall and needs to retire

he sounds like he just woke up from a nap

Edited by belljr

38 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I always thought cut = no money.

Is that not right ?

All regular tournaments this is correct.  Not sure if it's all majors (I think it is) but master's pays 10k for just being there 

2019 example

https://www.augusta.com/masters/story/news/2019-04-14/2019-masters-tournament-final-prize-money-distribution

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1

I think this weekend is shaping up great.  Honestly, I think anyone even or better could win it, that's like 30 golfers.  Hell, even a Hatton or Reed at +1 throw up a 65 on Saturday it's game on. Could be some showers tomorrow, depending on when they hit may keep the course soft, but Sunday will be an absolute bear.  Would love to see 20 guys within 3 or so shots before Sunday tee times.

4 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

:lmao: We had a tourney 2 weekends ago and my buddy and I won it, as they are doing payouts a guy in another group comes up and says we are dq’d for too many clubs. The other 2 guys in our group start laughing while my buddy tells them to bring up the illegal bag. Well one of the kids grabs it and my buddy tells him to get out his “2 3 woods” and to inspect them. Dude starts laughing as soon as his grabs them, yep my buddy has the fake club that pours booze, I say booze cause instead of beer he filled it with jack and coke to maximize our day!

Nothing better than richard#### stepping on his johnson acting like amateur golf is serious business.

Edited by BassNBrew
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, belljr said:

All regular tournaments this is correct.  Not sure if it's all majors (I think it is) but master's pays 10k for just being there 

2019 example

https://www.augusta.com/masters/story/news/2019-04-14/2019-masters-tournament-final-prize-money-distribution

Might have changed but a few years ago - 2017 - it was $10K for The Masters & US Open, $3K for the PGA, sliding scale for the Open Championship (the first 10 professionals and ties to miss the cut earned $7,200, while the next 20 professional golfers and ties got $5,750 and the remaining professional golfers took home $4,850.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I called a penalty on someone when I was 18 during a team match, and never since.

My brother and I were in the finals of our Monday Night League. We played all summer and then the top 8 played off single elimination. We had finished first and won our first two matches handedly. The guys in the finals were kind of newish and boy were they outplaying their handicaps since the match play started. Anyway, 9th hole this guy hits a banana ball into the right rough. There's no OB but it is parallel to a pseudo practice range - being a country public course, lot of us brought our own shag bag to put in practice.

He finds his ball and knocks it into the greenside bunker, takes three to get up and down for a bogey. As he is retrieving his ball he's like "whoa....Maxfli....that wasn't my ball. LOL" We won the hole and the side, but it's still tight, maybe we're up one or two holes. As we make the turn I go in to get my brother and I cokes. The whole league is in there and wants an update. Club owner is grabbing my drinks and I said "Hey Jack....what's the penalty for playing a wrong ball?" Two strokes. You guys got a problem? "IDK (I'm 18 at the time)...Mike hit his drive into the practice area, think he played the first one he found." Jack shrugs. Up to you, BL.

I go out and mention it to my brother. He's kind of in the zone and shrugs, "Doesn't matter, we're gonna beat these guys. Up to you." I decided to talk to our opponents about it. The guy who hit the wrong ball is shooting daggers out of his eyes. "Are you ####### serious, bro?" We're still on the 10th tee. Guy walks into the clubhouse and buys a 12 pack of Miller Lite. I think he finished it by the 15th hole, when we closed them out 4 and 3.

Worst decision I ever made. Never heard the end of it from guys around the league. People would bring it up 10, 15 years later. It had no effect on the match (in reality) since we won the 9th hole, but people thought it was poor form/gamesmanship bc it really set the guy off and he played a ####ty back 9.

Edited by BobbyLayne

16 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Funny that they asked Strange what he thought about Kim lol

That man had a temper ...

When Kim broke his putter and used his 3 wood to putt my wife said  "Why won`t the guys he is playing with let him use their putter?" 😄

• Laughing 2

11 minutes ago, The General said:

I’m going with Tony. Eventually it has to happen!

Crazy that he is a legit top 15 player in the world, but hasn’t won in 5 years and has only won once.

3 minutes ago, gump said:

Crazy that he is a legit top 15 player in the world, but hasn’t won in 5 years and has only won once.

It really is. All these top 10 finishes, he drives very well, putts decently, has good touch, has a simple swing with easy power.

1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

I called a penalty on someone when I was 18 during a team match, and never since.

It's loss of hole in match play.

:shrug:  dude played the wrong ball and then told you about it.  Don't see where you did a whole lot wrong.  My dad's in some league stuff like this and I'm pretty sure they'd call it.

7 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

It's loss of hole in match play.

:shrug:  dude played the wrong ball and then told you about it.  Don't see where you did a whole lot wrong.  My dad's in some league stuff like this and I'm pretty sure they'd call it.

the format wasn’t strictly match play; hybrid of 2 points per hole, 3 per 9. e.g., 21 points a side. we won both the hole and the 9 so it actually had zero impact on the scoring. by the end of the 16th hole (not 15th, I’m olde) we had >21 points and had clinched it.

but it messed the guy up. I def remember part of my motivation being they were both suspected to be sandbaggers (we also had individual flights and they both were killing 3rd flight or whatever they were.)

but it made me look petty, would never do it again. sometimes you can be right but still be wrong in the way you’re right.

Edited by BobbyLayne