What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (5 Viewers)

Spieth should have never lost this tournament. Led in GIR. For all of his short game wizardry he got up and down only 50% of the time and other than that one stretch today he didn’t make anything on the greens all week. None of the big names showed up and this was his to win. Congrats to Hideki - huge win. Zatoris showed unreal poise 

Spieth should have never lost this tournament. Led in GIR. For all of his short game wizardry he got up and down only 50% of the time and other than that one stretch today he didn’t make anything on the greens all week. 
:lmao:    You sound like he was right there all day and just missed.

Since we're adding what "should have" happened to one golfer, can we also talk about the 3 strokes he lucked out on when he slammed into the pin the other day.  Even he said that saved him 3 strokes.  Huge break.

:lmao:    You sound like he was right there all day and just missed.

Since we're adding what "should have" happened to one golfer, can we also talk about the 3 strokes he lucked out on when he slammed into the pin the other day.  Even he said that saved him 3 strokes.  Huge break.
He lost the tournament on Saturday. Putted terribly and the horrific chip into the sand for the double. He caught a break as the chip had more speed than Leishman’s and that went into the water. So his was likely to go in but you don’t know.  Some stay on the bank. “Slammed”’into the pin is a bit of a reach. Not like he skulled it. And putts/chips that are on line go in sometimes regardless of pace. Break was sort of like Hideki hooking into the top of the trees and it bounces right into the fairway vs out. 
Spieth should have won it. Xander could have. Both blew it 

Saw a photo of Hideki chilling in the ATL airport this morning. The thought occurs to me that 14 hour flight to HND will be touching down sometime tonight. Gonna be lit when he arrives in Tokyo.

He lost the tournament on Saturday. Putted terribly and the horrific chip into the sand for the double. He caught a break as the chip had more speed than Leishman’s and that went into the water. So his was likely to go in but you don’t know.  Some stay on the bank. “Slammed”’into the pin is a bit of a reach. Not like he skulled it. And putts/chips that are on line go in sometimes regardless of pace. Break was sort of like Hideki hooking into the top of the trees and it bounces right into the fairway vs out. 
Spieth should have won it. Xander could have. Both blew it 
Make all the excuses you want, and boy are you, but every other golfer can compile a similar list.  Spieth lost and it was not nearly as close as you keep trying to make it.  He was never in serious contention on the entire final day and you're hell-bent on saying he "should have" won the thing.  Maybe because you lost your big bet???

You know who should have won it?  Matsuyama.  Yeah, the actual champ, imagine that.  And you know when he won it?  Your all important Saturday, when he smoked Spieth by 7 shots.  The same day you keep trying to say your boy "lost it", another golfer scorched the course with a 65, going an insane 6 under in the last 8 holes.  Which gave him a considerable cushion to lean on Sunday. 

Spieth didn't lose it, Hideki took that ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t post last week but had a great time on Thurs and Sun at the Valspar in Tampa last week. Got lots of time up close to Phil, JT, DJ, and Bubba. Being able to watch these guys full time right next to them over multiple holes really gives an appreciation of their talent and focus. And the gap between them and guys trying to make it on tour. Little things like layups on Par 5s being in perfect position vs not...Leaving the ball in the right place on misses...Lag putts...the sound the ball makes off the club. 

Also reminded me how hard these golf courses are with their set up...I’ve played Copperhead 50 times, but have never played that Copperhead.

We went to the 2015 Valspar and loved it. Spieth won and JT was just getting started. We also followed Reed who was another youngster still untarnished. You can get very close to the players. 

Just got some late action on Mitchell (6-1) and Hovland (18-1). The wind is whipping, anything can happen on the back 9.

Big win I think for Rory...although my expectations have been too high for him for a while now.

Anyone watching the Walker Cup? Not sure I’ve ever seen a level of simultaneous choke and d-bag behavior like John Pak just showed...he’ll never make it.

Big win I think for Rory...although my expectations have been too high for him for a while now.

Anyone watching the Walker Cup? Not sure I’ve ever seen a level of simultaneous choke and d-bag behavior like John Pak just showed...he’ll never make it.
I switched over after the Rory thing, but don't think I saw the John Pak thing you're talking about.  What did he do?  

I'm pretty into no BS, be respectful victory stuff ...especially golf.

I switched over after the Rory thing, but don't think I saw the John Pak thing you're talking about.  What did he do?  

I'm pretty into no BS, be respectful victory stuff ...especially golf.
He was down 1 heading to 18...pull hooked a 9-iron approach into the hazard, then after a drop took what felt like 20 min to hit his next shot, which he duffed into the bunker in front of him.. took another 10 min to chunk a bunker shot...then hesitated to concede his opponents 2 foot putt. Maybe I’m being hard on him, as his opponent wasn’t closing...but it was brutal to watch.

Round 4 of the AT&T Byron Nelson takes place Sunday from TPC Craig Ranch. Due to the threat of inclement weather, the final round is set to be played in threesomes off split tees with tee times running from 8 a.m.- 10 a.m. ET

Seamus Power sounds like an identity someone assumes when they skip work at lunch for St. Patrick's Day festivities. 

Any PGA favs/sleepers?  I went heavy on putting/short game stats leaders...Xander, Oostie, Berger, Harmon, Todd...hard not to pick Spieth to at least be top 15.

Any PGA favs/sleepers?  I went heavy on putting/short game stats leaders...Xander, Oostie, Berger, Harmon, Todd...hard not to pick Spieth to at least be top 15.
I'm playing wind/links type guys.  Spieth, Leishman, Fleetwood, Cam Smith, Fitzpatrick, Niemann.  But I'm a notorious mush.

ESPN's graphics folks really struggling.  Incorrect scoreboards, showing updated score for players before showing the shot, etc.  Just now they had "Co-leader" over Spieth's name, even though he's 3 back.  Get it together.

ESPN's graphics folks really struggling.  Incorrect scoreboards, showing updated score for players before showing the shot, etc.  Just now they had "Co-leader" over Spieth's name, even though he's 3 back.  Get it together.
Love watching on sky sports golf, except for the guy that wants golf to stay purist and true to its original roots. I know he is not meaning to advocate for no minorities but for golf to stay pure to the founding fathers “golf’ then they’d need to remove those of us with complexion to our skin. 

damn it, once I got word that my afternoon round was off (partially wind, partially buddy issue) I’ve been grouchy. Time to drink more

Also, I think I’ll be putting money on Hovland tonight. Kid is nails and has a dj like memory on shots, plus when Metallica is the mellow music in your playlist...well I got to bet on the kid.

Also, I think I’ll be putting money on Hovland tonight. Kid is nails and has a dj like memory on shots, plus when Metallica is the mellow music in your playlist...well I got to bet on the kid.
Looked at the schedule and threw lunch money on three guys going out early to lead round 1.  Hmm...Koepka, Hovland, and Keegan.  Even with dead heat rules, it would have paid around 30-1 total.  And then here came Corey Conners.   :suds:

Looked at the schedule and threw lunch money on three guys going out early to lead round 1.  Hmm...Koepka, Hovland, and Keegan.  Even with dead heat rules, it would have paid around 30-1 total.  And then here came Corey Conners.   :suds:
Conners has a few more holes, Canadians are usually nice enough to throw us yanks a bone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some 1st rd on Keegan too

:kicksrock:

With 17 and 18 playing so tough into the wind it is going to be a very interesting weekend.
Supposedly the wind is going to shift tomorrow and the wind will be out.... someone might drive 18.

if one of the guys out this morning can get in -5/-6 they will have a decent shot at this.  Be hard for the afternoon guys to make up a lot of ground.

Just read they penalized a player yesterday for slow play, twice he went over a minute to play a shot from the fairway so they penalized him a stroke. Of course he’s not a big name player because god forbid they penalize one of them.

Just read they penalized a player yesterday for slow play, twice he went over a minute to play a shot from the fairway so they penalized him a stroke. Of course he’s not a big name player because god forbid they penalize one of them.
Hulk takes like 4 minutes to read a putt.

Hulk takes like 4 minutes to read a putt.
I’ve said for a little while They need to hit DJ with one of these when he and his brother do their 3 minute pre put routine.  If they don’t nip that act in the bud in 10 years every golfer on tour is going to do it.

Don’t do it at the US open but the next 2d rate tournament when he’s not going to make the cut.

Should have known Spieth's putter couldn't handle this extra wind stress.

I started watching yesterday at 1:00 on ESPN. First thing I see is Zalatoris hop in a bunker and take a few practice swings digging in the sand? WTH? Then they explained there are no bunkers at the Ocean Course, it's all considered general areas and not a hazard.

Then they switch to Spieth who's looking through a yardage view finder? Am I in the twilight zone? Then I learn a new rule is the players can use them but only in the majors.

This ain't your daddy's game anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread