What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (3 Viewers)

Man that green side rough is BRUTAL. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen it like this. It’s like they put Miracle Gro on it since Thursday. Don’t miss greens if you want to win 

Man that green side rough is BRUTAL. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen it like this. It’s like they put Miracle Gro on it since Thursday. Don’t miss greens if you want to win 
And how many long or mid irons are they hitting in? A lot...going to a tough weekend.

On Spieth...I think he’ll win another major some day...but he won’t sniff another US Open. They won’t play another crazy British style outlier again like Chambers.

On Spieth...I think he’ll win another major some day...but he won’t sniff another US Open. They won’t play another crazy British style outlier again like Chambers.
4 birdies, 1 bogey going out +1....Casey went out in 4 under (now T13 E par for the week)

No shot this week but (-6) 278 might be the winning score. I don't think anyone will top (-8) 276....somewhere in that range IMO.

And a run he's making.  At 80.  7 over.  Today.  After 13.
He can’t drive it in the fairway it appears.

Which is also why Spieth won’t make a run. Or JT unless he dials it up.

On that note, pretty impressive driving accuracy from BDC this week...top 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap how did I not know they knew Tigers leg was fractured BEFORE the ‘08 Open? Hearing other players talk about it is great...I recall people thinking he was faking it (where is that thread).

Holy crap how did I not know they knew Tigers leg was fractured BEFORE the ‘08 Open? Hearing other players talk about it is great...I recall people thinking he was faking it (where is that thread).
the torn ACL & broken tibula weren’t public knowledge until Wednesday - two days after the Monday playoff

sorry, I’m inventing bones 

Wiki:

Woods' injury

Two months earlier on April 15, Woods had arthroscopic surgeryon his left knee. During his rehab, Woods sustained a double stress fracture of his left tibia. Throughout the tournament it was clear Woods was in pain, and the general feeling was that he was just returning from the initial surgery too soon. He did not reveal the news about the fracture until Wednesday, two days after the Monday playoff. He had surgery to repair his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and needed time to rehab that and the stress fracture, and announced on his website that he would miss the remainder of the 2008 season.

the torn ACL & broken tibula weren’t public knowledge until Wednesday - two days after the Monday playoff
The torn ACL part is overblown.  No way was that thing shredded like what can happen to say, a runningback.

Think of it as a rubber band with a slight tear in it, not ripped apart.  There are clearly different types of tears.

The torn ACL part is overblown.  No way was that thing shredded like what can happen to say, a runningback.

Think of it as a rubber band with a slight tear in it, not ripped apart.  There are clearly different types of tears.
The acl was torn in July 2007 and he played through it. This medical article describes the April procedure he had two days after the 2008 Masters, and describes the subsequent injury as a "ruptured ACL."

I'm just of the opinion that those injuries have become worse over time and the lore of Woods and Torrey Pines in 08 has only grown.

That said, I was there and it is probably my most treasured sporting moment to ever witness.  But that wasn't what I would call truly hobbled is all.  Hindered, sure.  Regardless, extraordinary.

The acl was torn in July 2007 and he played through it. This medical article describes the April procedure he had two days after the 2008 Masters, and describes the subsequent injury as a "ruptured ACL."
My kid played soccer on a rupture ACL for months. Pain came and went. I’m pretty sure he could and walked a golf course with someone else carrying his clubs and problem swung the sticks twice as often than Tiger does during a round. 

My kid played soccer on a rupture ACL for months. Pain came and went. I’m pretty sure he could and walked a golf course with someone else carrying his clubs and problem swung the sticks twice as often than Tiger does during a round. 
Yep, the article discusses the impact on Woods rotation but notes most people could function just fine.

On the torn ACL, Tiger won 5/6 official events as well as the year end silly season non-official event he hosts. Then 4/6 to start the 2008 season. So 10 wins in 13 attempts (you to scroll down to see the results in his tourney.)

At that point Tiger - who won his last 6 starts in 2006 - had won 17 out of his last 28 official PGA Tour events. For his career, he had 65 wins in 236 starts over 13 seasons on Tour.

It took him 123 more events and 12 years to get his next 17 wins to tie Sam Snead's record of 82 wins.

Bland and Henley get like every other shot shown.

NBC thinks these guys have no shot. :lmao:
they’re not wrong tho

watching tournaments from European or AustralAsia Tours you get a pretty good idea just how bad U.S. tv producers are

we spend way too much time watching guys read putts or discussing club selection with their caddies

its all action watching golf in other countries, and way way less putting

Wolff with great par saves at 7 & 9 (7’-8’ putts)

ETA - par at 7, bogey at 9; still a good job to not make a double

Bryson is oh so dramatic after each drive.  Then he's always wincing and whining about what the ball should've done around the greens.  People like this guy?

Anyone know the pairings?
tee times

ETA last few groups - times Eastern

3:11 p.m. -- Collin Morikawa, Dustin Johnson

3:22 p.m. -- Matthew Wolff, Jon Rahm

3:33 p.m. -- Scottie Scheffler, Bryson DeChambeau

3:44 p.m. -- Rory McIlroy, Russell Henley

3:55 p.m. -- Louis Oosthuizen, Mackenzie Hughes

It's going to be a fun day tomorrow. Maybe 10 or so guys have a legit shot to win. If I had to pick one guy to win I'm going Rory. He loves the course and has played very well there the last 3 years. After a little mini-slump he just broke through and won again last month. Had said during the pandemic he felt like he was just going through the motions without fans there. Now fans are back and he seems to have that bounce back in his step. He shot the lowest round today of anyone still under par. I am putting my hard-earned giblets on the wildly talented Irishman.

Users who are viewing this thread